shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

we keep getting a error message: You are Losing Resources build more supply something. But when I try and access the contruction interface in the commanders tablet it just says RTS isn't allowed by the mission maker.

what am i doing wrong?

So just thought I'd give some feed back from a few hours of playing with the latest update.

We were checking out the new modules, campaign and new features. Not everything went to plan.

First I'll state we were running the MCC Temple for Chernarus. The mod was downloaded from Playwithsix and the same mod version was uploaded to the dedicated server.

A pretty significant issue arose when simply trying to log into MCC, it takes some time, once the mission maker clicks login it would take 10-20 seconds to actually get access and the server would generate a error. Something to do with STP from memory, if needed I can get the specific error. But eventually the GM would always get access to the MCC interface and 2d map, however in all older version this was never and issue.

The second problem we had was using the new MCC Modules in Zeus. Every time the GM would drop a module in the game every player had the option to set it. For example setting resources everyone's screen would pop up the setting screen and everyone could edit the resources each side got and click ok. Same thing happened when dropping the Campaign Module, and ambient AI (random spawning Civ module). This was an exclusive issue with MCC modules.

Thirdly the Ambient AI module kept spawning vehicles in positions that would make them explode, don't get me wrong this is quite funny driving down the MSR of Chernarus seeing and odd burning wreckage that spawned either on another nearby vehicle or somewhere else that made it explode. It should be pointed out not that many did explode but over a 15km drive we had 3 or 4 burning wrecks. The AI module was maxed out in distance and amount of AI civs that would spawn. Perhaps I shouldn't have the bars maxed out?

and Lastly was the resources management, as stated in the post above when playing the campaign we kept getting a message about resources being lost and we needed to build more storage facilities, but whenever I tried accessing the construction interface with the commanders tablet it would give me a 'RTS isn't allowed by the mission maker. I'm sure as GM i'm just not dropping something.

Not to throw stones at glass houses as I'm sure this post is full of typos - It should be pointed out there is a typo in that message "You are loosing resources, build more stage facilities" losing is spelt losing not loosing.

Other wise everything else seemed to work ok.

The whole thing ?

The fact that your .cpp(s) are not binarized.

The whole file hierarchy makes no sense.

This: http://puu.sh/k0BBR/2417a7c54f.png

This: http://puu.sh/k0BJU/154d4227ca.png

This http://puu.sh/k0BLq/a785db7808.png

The fact that those exist: http://puu.sh/k0BTs/6851b2cd05.png

and that's only the tip of the iceberg

As Spirit posted in short "No".

The long answer is that I didn't knew how to write a line of code when I've started MCC and you can see the code changes in older scripts. Ofcourse if I'll have to approach this project today I will rewrite it differently (I will still have the player loop and server loop - until BI will add event handlers to the needed features) but with the little time I had I prefer fixing something or adding something then go for the most beautiful code award.

BTW binarizing CPP only effects vehicles/objects cpp.

If there were more people helping in we would probably be more strict with Git use but it is more or less Spirit and me. 

So just thought I'd give some feed back from a few hours of playing with the latest update.

We were checking out the new modules, campaign and new features. Not everything went to plan.

First I'll state we were running the MCC Temple for Chernarus. The mod was downloaded from Playwithsix and the same mod version was uploaded to the dedicated server.

A pretty significant issue arose when simply trying to log into MCC, it takes some time, once the mission maker clicks login it would take 10-20 seconds to actually get access and the server would generate a error. Something to do with STP from memory, if needed I can get the specific error. But eventually the GM would always get access to the MCC interface and 2d map, however in all older version this was never and issue.

The second problem we had was using the new MCC Modules in Zeus. Every time the GM would drop a module in the game every player had the option to set it. For example setting resources everyone's screen would pop up the setting screen and everyone could edit the resources each side got and click ok. Same thing happened when dropping the Campaign Module, and ambient AI (random spawning Civ module). This was an exclusive issue with MCC modules.

Thirdly the Ambient AI module kept spawning vehicles in positions that would make them explode, don't get me wrong this is quite funny driving down the MSR of Chernarus seeing and odd burning wreckage that spawned either on another nearby vehicle or somewhere else that made it explode. It should be pointed out not that many did explode but over a 15km drive we had 3 or 4 burning wrecks. The AI module was maxed out in distance and amount of AI civs that would spawn. Perhaps I shouldn't have the bars maxed out?

and Lastly was the resources management, as stated in the post above when playing the campaign we kept getting a message about resources being lost and we needed to build more storage facilities, but whenever I tried accessing the construction interface with the commanders tablet it would give me a 'RTS isn't allowed by the mission maker. I'm sure as GM i'm just not dropping something.

Not to throw stones at glass houses as I'm sure this post is full of typos - It should be pointed out there is a typo in that message "You are loosing resources, build more stage facilities" losing is spelt losing not loosing.

Other wise everything else seemed to work ok.

Thanks Rekkless, good error report.

1. Loggin time: I'll check why it takes long. It should wait till the mission maker name have been registered on the server. 

2. The Zeus module: Silly me made the module global. 

3. Vehicle explodes Ambient Civ: I'll see if I can minimize the chance for it but I guess it will never be 100% no exploding vehicles and it is random.

4. RTS not allowed: As with any other feature of MCC you should enable it in the mission setting in MCC or in the settings module. Come to think about it I should enable it automatically if the mission maker enables the campaign. BTW, i'll write a wiki entry for it but in the campaign the time is fast forward to resemble each in game day equal to 2 real life hours 'but you can increase it or decrease it if you like. You will bleed resources every one in game hour that if you have more resources then storage area space or loose fuel if the generator is on.

Every in game day you will prompt with a day summery contains:

Resource rewards for completing missions (main campaign player faction) or killing the players faction (rival faction).

Special rewards as CAS, airdrops for the above.

The weather will turn better or worse. 

Enemy behavior might change depends on your success and the AI might come after you or send more patrols. 

cool.

So the error we were are generating on the server is this:

18:01:22 String STR_Satellite not found
18:01:24 String STR_Satellite not found
18:01:26 String STR_Satellite not found
18:01:29 String STR_Satellite not found
18:01:33 String STR_Satellite not found
18:01:34 String STR_Satellite not foundSo as you can see it took 12 seconds for our mission maker to login to MCC once he clicked the login button on the initial MCC screen. Not a major issue of course but thought I'd let you know.

18:01:22 String STR_Satellite not found

I don't see how this is related to the issue or to MCC. AFAIK MCC doesn't use string-tables (bummers if you don't know English) so the string not found isn't MCC related.

There is a max wait of 5 seconds before MCC login is forced logged.  

I don't see how this is related to the issue or to MCC. AFAIK MCC doesn't use string-tables (bummers if you don't know English) so the string not found isn't MCC related.

There is a max wait of 5 seconds before MCC login is forced logged.  

I'm not sure mate, I just opened the Web Console on our dedicated server and watched what came up. That error is the only thing that comes up from when the mission creator clicks login. And nothing happens  for a few seconds until they can get into mcc. The errors stop reporting once the MC can get onto the interface. Coincidence? I'm not sure. I'm just reporting what I'm seeing and experiencing.

Hi Shay_gman,

We use AGM and MCC for a long time in our clan and since yesterday we have an issue. when we die we can't respawn. I mean the whole "esc" menu wont appear.  The agm mod is essential to us so the guys are telling me to let go of MCC as Zeus became so powerful with addons like Ares. But I still wanna hang on to MCC as I feel more comfy with the UI. So is there a way to fix that. 

Thanks

I'm not sure mate, I just opened the Web Console on our dedicated server and watched what came up. That error is the only thing that comes up from when the mission creator clicks login. And nothing happens  for a few seconds until they can get into mcc. The errors stop reporting once the MC can get onto the interface. Coincidence? I'm not sure. I'm just reporting what I'm seeing and experiencing.

Ok, i'll take a look on it. 

Hi Shay_gman,

We use AGM and MCC for a long time in our clan and since yesterday we have an issue. when we die we can't respawn. I mean the whole "esc" menu wont appear.  The agm mod is essential to us so the guys are telling me to let go of MCC as Zeus became so powerful with addons like Ares. But I still wanna hang on to MCC as I feel more comfy with the UI. So is there a way to fix that. 

Thanks

In the missions settings put "Respawn Menu" disabled. 

@shay_gman:
ohhh my god. Thanks for the update. I'm not really interested in some features (like RTS and all the civilian stuff (since I use ALIVE anyway)) but its awesome to see what MCC come. 
But the thing I'm entirely happy atm is the mission generator. It looks like it finally takes the spot you designated for it. Also the tasks don't appear on the very same spot anymore. They are more spread! T^T 

At least thats what I could see from my small tests (can't test that much. My PC broke and now I can't play Arma 3 T^T)

I really appreciate your work. 

A great mod. THE mod. Something is puzzling me, I'm not fully conversant with it but if I put down a mortar, like in the video and then get in it, I don't get an artillery console just a sidebar with some artillery options.

after the new update i am unable to load more than half of my loadouts i saved  with VA

+1

also since the new update, the medical system seems to be on by default, and once you die, a bleeding out effect comes up and a button to 'respawn'.

Is there a way to disable that so that it's off by default?

Edited by marcgf

+1

also since the new update, the medical system seems to be on by default, and once you die, a bleeding out effect comes up and a button to 'respawn'.

Is there a way to disable that so that it's off by default?

Is it? I'll check it out and release a hot-fix for that. Regarding the VA I have no clue why it wipes VA saves.

A great mod. THE mod. Something is puzzling me, I'm not fully conversant with it but if I put down a mortar, like in the video and then get in it, I don't get an artillery console just a sidebar with some artillery options.

You should press the MCC interaction key or use ACE self interaction to have this option

• Like 1

Is it? I'll check it out and release a hot-fix for that. Regarding the VA I have no clue why it wipes VA saves.

I worked it out flashbangs seem to be removed or hidden with the latest mcc update preventing Va saves from loading.

• Like 1

I worked it out flashbangs seem to be removed or hidden with the latest mcc update preventing Va saves from loading.

Yeah I saw that too, but I never thought that the flashbangs were from the MCC4 mod.

Weather:
- Added: Weather over time slider to the Change Weather in MCC. 
- Fixed: MCC didn't work with ACE weather
- Disabled: MCC weather sync when ACE is on

Shay,

are you able to change weather settings on-the-fly by MCC when ACE Weatcher is on? I mean ACE weather propagation as well as rain sync, wind sync and  misc sync is on? 

I am asking because I am still struggling with rain.

Suggestions for GAiA or new CC function and few more suggestions.

Zones have straight value according to (size of zone //for start), should be customizable.

Zones keeping variables of all sides which forces are inside the zone, zones without forces (excluding civ) keeping variable free , free zones getting yellow priority.

Zones with forces straight lower then 20% of zone straight getting + 1 priority.

Aggressive behavior squads getting orders to refill zones which contains they side's variable which forces straight lover than straight of zone and free zones (!not more than zone straight!). They orders to move to zone keeping zone's priority value, for zones with enemys side's variables and free zones sended forces strength are counting and max forces can be send with strength not more then zone strength, each time any zone changing priority value or side's variable all orders are updating.

Giving orders:

Forces in whole map -> do not refill zones (but make CAS, AS)!

Forces in zone green -> move to all zones with higher priority, if zone will not have forces strength lower than 20% of zone strength.

Forces in zone yellow -> move to all zones with higher priority,if zone will not have forces strength lower than 20% of zone strength,

if slow speed and will have transport with the order.

if medium speed and the zone is < then 4 km from target zone.

If fast speed.

'Forces in zone red -> move to all zones with higher priority //can be only red zone with forces strength lower than 20% of zone strength;, if zone will not have forces strength lower than 20% of zone strength

if slow speed and will have transport with the order (if ground transport: the zone is < then 2 km from target zone).

if medium speed and the zone is < then 2 km from target zone. If fast speed and the zone is < then 5 km from target zone.'//maybe;.

occupation function filling zones according their straight //maybe make it as an option.

if (squad's (all) cargo seats > or == another squad's mens) than {
if (squad speed == medium) then {
 if (range another squad to waypoint > or == 1500) than {
  if (squad have waypoint) then {
   if (another squad's order priority > squad order priority) then {
    if (range squad to another squad < range another squad to waypoint)
    then {squad do transport another squad};
   }
   else {
    if (another squad's order priority == squad order priority) then {
     if (range squad to another squad < 1.5 * range another squad to waypoint)
   };
  }
  else {squad do transport another squad};
 else {
  if range another squad to waypoint > or == 1000) than {
   if (range squad to another squad < 2 / range another squad to waypoint) then {
    if (another squad's order priority > squad order priority)
   };
  };
 };
}
else {
 if (squad speed == fast) then {
  if (range another squad to waypoint > or == 2000) than {
   if (squad have waypoint) then {
    if (another squad's order priority > or == squad order priority) then {
     if (range squad to another squad < 2 * range another squad to waypoint)
      then {squad do helicoptertransport another squad};
    };
   }
   else {squad do helicoptertransport another squad};
  };
 };
};
}; 

(Here is still need to make they understand who is closer to do a transport and choppers taking long range transports from grount transport squads, I could do it, but by writing it tired a bit ) )

And make landed helicopters makight their home where they staying after adding to GAIA,

And planes acting with airfields like helicopters with they landing positions.

And "Whole map" in list of zones same as zone.

If you'll want to contact me:

or

Email: ILIAS.BORT@yandex.ru .

Just a quick update before i'll go to bed.

The download link has been updated

Fixed: 
MCC Zeus modules where global. 
Re-Add Super Traut flashbangs. 
Disabled MCC medic system by default.

• Like 1

In hindsight I probably didn't need to make a video. But anyway here is a video I quickly made detailing the troubles I'm now having with MCC in relation to the log in time, errors (not many) and now the MCC modules in Zeus aren't working.
I apologise for my tone, it is quite late and I was rather tired when i made the video. Also the loading times I believe were long due to me recording on two monitors at once and there being some kind of windows update going on in the background. So the load times are well represented here. But you can see the problems I'm having with the latest release 0.4.17.

Feel free to fast forward to 2:40 which is when I start using MCC in game, before that it is just me loading into the MCC Template on Chernarus and what the Dedi is doing.

http://youtu.be/IIZUjILGcMg

Shay,

are you able to change weather settings on-the-fly by MCC when ACE Weatcher is on? I mean ACE weather propagation as well as rain sync, wind sync and  misc sync is on? 

I am asking because I am still struggling with rain.

I would like to know this too.  ACE Weather and MCC Weather always fight each other and it doesn't always work.

When creating a zone to use for a task,  is there a way to make the radius the AI spawn smaller,  i only drag a small square,  but the AI spawn quite a distance away..

In hindsight I probably didn't need to make a video. But anyway here is a video I quickly made detailing the troubles I'm now having with MCC in relation to the log in time, errors (not many) and now the MCC modules in Zeus aren't working.

I apologise for my tone, it is quite late and I was rather tired when i made the video. Also the loading times I believe were long due to me recording on two monitors at once and there being some kind of windows update going on in the background. So the load times are well represented here. But you can see the problems I'm having with the latest release 0.4.17.

Feel free to fast forward to 2:40 which is when I start using MCC in game, before that it is just me loading into the MCC Template on Chernarus and what the Dedi is doing.

Did you checked it after the hot-fix?

I would like to know this too.  ACE Weather and MCC Weather always fight each other and it doesn't always work.

They don't fight each other as MCC weather isn't a system but a feature - meaning it just changes the weather. As of last night testing you can change the weather with MCC and ACE and the weather will stick. 

When creating a zone to use for a task,  is there a way to make the radius the AI spawn smaller,  i only drag a small square,  but the AI spawn quite a distance away..

Nope. The zone you have created for the task is used to find the best position for the task objective the mission's elements itself disregard this zone and build the mission based on another parameters such as:

In CQB missions AI and tasks spawns closer to each other comparing with regular mission.

The distance from objectives will raise the more players connected. 

They don't fight each other as MCC weather isn't a system but a feature - meaning it just changes the weather. As of last night testing you can change the weather with MCC and ACE and the weather will stick. 

Have you placed ACE weather module? What are your settings for this module?

Did you checked it after the hot-fix?

The modules not working actually happened after the hot fix. version 0.4.17. Before then they would work, only the options to edit them would appear to all players globally.