shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Does MCC work with ALiVE? Some of the civ interactions would come in handy :)

Does MCC work with ALiVE? Some of the civ interactions would come in handy :)

Yes, for the most part. Although using MCC Gaia and ALiVE AI commander do weird things together.

Hi all, first of I wanna say I'm a massive fan of mcc, been using it since a2 but just recently I've been using it along-side headless client and have ran into some issues.

• cannot use fortify when offloading to the HC (units just become static and do nothing in gaia or player controled)
  • cannot use create placement at all (map clicking to place units doesn't work, can only place units by spawning in zone)
  • get in and get out of vehicles waypoints don't work (tested by placing a truck down then trying to make ai get in, they just moved to the vehicle and did nothing)
  • waypoint placement in general is abit hit and miss sometimes it works sometimes it don't.

but other than that I dont have issues using HC with the other features like GAIA, zone spawning (besides fortify), arty and cas, reinforcements, evac, ied etc etc etc.

Another question I have has to do with custom groups, I know you can make them for your standard inf and vehicles but is there a way to define what classes are used for reinforcement spawns? I use RHS quite abit and would like to have a mi8 drop of Russian troops instead of the Taru. My same question apply's to the wheeled reinforcements, being able to select the vehicles used would be cool to if able to do it.

Regardless, thank you for the awesome mod. 

For some reason when I go to save all to SQM or save to SQM it never puts a .sqm in my clipboard. Any ideas how to fix this? Only MCC is being run, using the latest version.

I'm glad for any help / advice.

I know that if you put too much info in the init of a unit (by double clicking a unit while in Zeus with the MCC mod) then the save feature of MCC becomes lagged/glitched. I've tested this out multiple times and can reproduce it.

To reproduce:

1. Place a unit down in Zeus
  2. Call Arsenal on it (with Zeus modules)
  3. Make a custom loadout and click export
  4. Paste that exported loadout into the unit's init (to get the init double click on unit while in Zeus)
  5. Repeat this for two or three more units
  6. Save to clipboard won't work!

Actually, you can get it to work by double clicking on all those units again (the box comes up with rank, stance, init, etc). Then closing that box without any changes. The save to clipboard will work now, but it will take a little time to be saved into memory (you'll see a 20 or 30 second lag before the sidechat message appears). Then if you copy that data into your mission.sqm, there is vary good chance it will corrupt the sqm file. Every time you load the mission, the game will crashing complaining about memory.

I have reproduce this multiple times. To be honest, I just avoid the init feature because I'm afraid it will cause this issue. I have successfully made MCC missions before and still do, but that init feature gave me headaches till I learned to stay away from it.

Can some way of adding working AA-areas be incorporated into MCC?

That is an easy answer. Create a zone. Place AA units into it and "give to gaia".

The behavior of the AA unit (if vehicle) is to hide and relocate every now and then.

Hi guys, 

It's been ages and I've promised i'll wrap all the code i've done into something playable so here is my take on BI ArmA 3 campaign with numerous bug fixes and new features. 

Have fun.

PS: I'll add to the MCC wiki later how can one change the units/function/buildings in MCC RTS interface as it is build that way that you will have full power over what each unit/building will do exc. 

PSS: The MCC wiki is here btw: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MCCSandbox_Wiki

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Download Link - Template mission:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/436ndcbiepq820u/sample%20missions.rar

changelog:

Change log r16:

Zeus:
- Added: MCC's Zeus will edit players. 
- Added: Custom MCC's Zeus modules including: ** New Feature **
- IED: turn any object/unit into an IED or suicide bomber.
- CAS: Call MCC Close Air Support from Zeus.
- Add units to Zeus: Automatically assign units/objects to Zeus so the mission maker can edit them.
- Ambient AI and cars - Ambient AI and cars Module - Server side ambient. MCC will create  AI units some in buildings, some patrolling, some driving cars and some parked cars in towns when players are around and delete them when no player is around.
- Armed Civilians: Will transfer any friendly/natural unit into hostile unit with concealed weapons. Armed units will attack other units from the enemy faction while they have the chance.
- Atmosphere: Instantly create sandstorms, blizzards and Heat Waves. 
- CAS: Call MCC close air support from Zeus. 
- Damage Part: Damage any part of vehicle/unit you want and add explosion effects to keep it real. 
- Lock/Unlock doors: Lock or unlock all doors in the area. 
- Evac Vehicle: Make any vehicle serve as an evac vehicle under the players' commander command. 
- Garrison: Spawn units in houses in the given radius. 
- IED/Suicide Bomber: Turn any object/vehicle/unit into an IED or suicide bomber. 
- Night Effect: Destroy all lights, remove night visions and add flashlights to nearby AI or players. 
- War Zone: Destroy buildings, spread wrecks and fires in the given radius. 
- Vehicle's Kiosk: Players can purchase vehicles from them using in game resources. 

- Changed: While in Zeus hold Shift and double click a unit to open Zeus's default attributes.

MCC Campaign: ** New Feature **
- MCC campaign can be activated from Zeus or from the 2D editor module. It is recommended to activate MCC role selection, have at least one H.Q MCC's Start location, some vehicle kiosks and activate ambient civilians. 
In the campaign MCC will keep on generating new mission when the players have completed the previous one. Each mission will be generated close to the previous one and MCC will create an advancing feel for the mission. Once the players have finished a mission in an area this area will be marked by the side color and it should be relatively safe. By successfully finishing a mission the players will be awarded with resources (minus collateral damage that the players inflicted such as killing civilians) The players' commander will receive random special bonus for each successful mission such as supply drops, CAS exc. 
Each in game day the players will gain extra tickets if they performed well, the evac vehicle will respawn and the weather will change. Furthermore enemy forces might start actively perusing the players if the player have inflicted enough damage to the enemy. 

Evac Vehicle:
- Added: Evac vehicle module - sets evac vehicles from 2D editor or Zeus. 
- Added: Campaign evac param - campaign evac's vehicles will repspawn every one ingame time. 

Atmosphere:
- Added: Atmosphere module - sets sandstorms, blizzards exc from the 2D editor or Zeus. 

IED/Armed Civilians/Suicide Bombers
- Added: IED/Suicide Bombers module - add IEDs or suicide bombers from the 2D editor or Zeus. 
- Added: Armed Civilians module - add Armed Civilians from the 2D editor or Zeus. 

Mission Wizard:
- Fixed: Non precise objectives' markers in the missions wizard where pretty precise. 
- Changed: Mission Wizard will try to spawn on HC if available. 

Supply Drop:
- Added: Supply drop - added slingload insertion.

Role Selection:
- Added: In Role Selection players can change kits without respawning in any FOB/HQ - can be turned off from the MCC setting module or setting "MCC_allowChangingKits = false".
- Fixed: Player stuck in parachute animation after respawning from the squad selection
- Fixed: Level up duplicated messaged in role selection. 
- Changed: Massive work on role selection, improved UI and functionality

Logistics:
- Added: Players can now resupply (refresh ammo, bandages exc) from ammobox (MCC logistics) - support ACE medical system. 
- Added: Players can now breakdown resource crates into items that they can carry in their backpacks and return to HQ or use. 
- Added: Main shared cargo box to FOB. 
- Simplified: Logistics dialog.
- Changed: MCC logistics reduced the amount of needed resource crates for building assets. 

Weather:
- Added: Weather over time slider to the Change Weather in MCC. 
- Fixed: MCC didn't work with ACE weather
- Disabled: MCC weather sync when ACE is on

Survival:
- Added: ACE support for survival - players can search loot using the ACE's self interaction key while close to a lootable object. 
- Changed: If survival and Role selection are on players won't be able to change kits unless they respawned to prevent exploit by changing kits to gain resources. 

RTS:
- Added: A complete workout on the RTS elements of MCC.
- Added: Workshops can outfit civilians offroads with MG.
- Added: Workshops will repair vehicles for free.
- Added: Players can purchase vehicles from workshops (need resources and electricity): Cars from advanced workshop, Tanks and APC from mechanical workshop and helicopters from ariel workshop.
- Added: Commander can call Random resource gathering missions every real time hour from HQ - Resource gathering mission are easier side missions that yield resource crates. 
- Added: Radio post give access advanced resource gathering missions. 
- Added: Resources module to 2D editor and Zeus - sets the initial resources for each side. 

Misc:
- Added: Support CBA keybinds if player is running CBA
- Added: Dynamic dialog function to easly create dialogs - learn more in the functions library
- Added: Vehicle's Kiosk's Module - Players can purchase vehicles from them using in game resources. 
- Added: Ambient AI and cars Module - Server side ambient. MCC will create  AI units some in buildings, some patrolling, some driving cars and some parked cars in towns when players are around and delete them when no player is around. 
- Changed: MCC garrison units will have units patrolling buildings
- Improved: Loading time while changing factions in MCC.
- Fixed: MCC stays on login screen after a player successfully logged in. 
- Fixed: Player can escape unconscious dialog in MCC medic system by opening the squad dialog
- fixed: Objects names placed in 3D editor didn't saved to sqm. 
- Fixed: Each side's commander will have only his sides evac vehicles
- Fixed: MCC Settings didn't stick after changing them

• Like 3

On your git hub you have 2 branches the master and GAIA not sure if you knew that. Suggestion is could you make the GAIA the Master. When first looking at it it shows you last edited it 2 years ago lol. Great Update cant wait to use it with my unit! Great Video!!!

Congratulations Shay, Spirit and Psycho.

I can't wait to try this out, any word on a Playwithsix release? Simply amazing work.

congrats on the release MCC team, awesome work, been playing around with it all afternoon

@sarghken that's not how it works, the master branch is a branch that is stable, a good git workflow imply that you don't dev on master but that you create feature branches that you merge once that feature / fix is done and reviewed.

any plan on rewriting the whole thing (for obvious reasons)?

@sarghken that's not how it works, the master branch is a branch that is stable, a good git workflow imply that you don't dev on master but that you create feature branches that you merge once that feature / fix is done and reviewed.

Rewriting what?

Thanks for the wonderful mod!

Is there a way to turn off ambient civilian spawning once I've enabled it in zeus?

noticed that after a fast rope insertion the soldier stays in the fast rope position

The whole thing ?

The fact that your .cpp(s) are not binarized.

The whole file hierarchy makes no sense.

This: http://puu.sh/k0BBR/2417a7c54f.png

This: http://puu.sh/k0BJU/154d4227ca.png

This http://puu.sh/k0BLq/a785db7808.png

The fact that those exist: http://puu.sh/k0BTs/6851b2cd05.png

and that's only the tip of the iceberg

Nope. No plans.

is there a way to let the gunners shoot back when the evac helicopter is landing in a hot LZ

after the new update i am unable to load more than half of my loadouts i saved  with VA

• Like 1

ok, i wasnt too sure. I didnt know why the master hasn't been updated in 2 years that's why I asked.