shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hey shay, I have a problem with GAIA controlled units.

Whenever I spawn civilians in the area, the GAIA controlled units get assigned to go Search and Destroy the civilians, they don't attack them, but they all move toward one civilian. Is this an intended feature?

Thanks.

You mean it isn't saying anything to the clipboard at all?

I mean, my last copied item is on the clipboard. Nothing changes on the clipboard.

Sorry for the long absent - I've been busy with RL stuff. I will probably be occupy with it for the near future so I will just release what I have which is a lot but I wish I had more time to refine it.

So expect an update any day now.

yes with SQL PDA :o

SQL PDA is made that squad leaders (low level command) will have some intel on their surrounding without the power to change anything but their own squad. So this is intendant behavior.

The commander is the only one who can command units out of his squad.

Did this issue ever get sorted. If I cannot restrict access to the mcc admin then I will have to remove this mod :(

Yes – first, you have to put you playerUID not the nickname.

Second, If you just put MCC Access module without adding anything only server Admins will have access to MCC.

Last, you can restrict MCC access globally on the server by using the inidb mod and changing the server misc file.

For some reason when I go to save all to SQM or save to SQM it never puts a .sqm in my clipboard. Any ideas how to fix this? Only MCC is being run, using the latest version.

I'm glad for any help / advice.

EDIT: I also attempted launching with and without battleye.

As far as I understand you have a problem when saving to SQM the clipboard remains empty. This behavior is usually related to trying to save to clipboard in MP environment. BI disabled the save to clipboard function in MP to avoid exploits so you have to open a local session to be able to save to SQM or just save to profile from your server – open a local host load from profile and then save to SQM.

Whenever I spawn civilians in the area, the GAIA controlled units get assigned to go Search and Destroy the civilians, they don't attack them, but they all move toward one civilian. Is this an intended feature?

Thanks.

No, is this some mod civilians or vanilla one?

Nice to here shay. I'm really looking forward to an update. Can you give us some spoilers for you changes?

Also I have a "problem":

MCC is part of our main mod pack. We mainly use it for quick missions on the fly. For that we use the mission generator. But sometimes....I really want to kill that generator. Most of the times it just refuses to place the objectives some completely elese, where I want it.

I tested that on many maps (of course altis too) and I do it as followed:

I make a zone, lets say over a factory facility. The Yello box only covers the facility. Then I change all the things like faction, the parameter and the tasks. I normally take Kill or Capture HVT or Collect Intel + Clear the Zone.

What the Mission Generator does is: Place the two objectives (kill HVT) in one building outside the selected zone (yes the facility has buildings which are enterable) and the clear Zone marker is somewhere off on an open field.

Can you somehow make it, that the mission generator only takes whats inside the zone marker?

We think that the clear area task can not be finished. All enemies are down (checkt with zeus and layed down hundreds of bombs) and the task does not switch to green!

Please don'T see that as hurrying ("GO and make that NOW!") its just something that is really annoying xD

This thing trolled me three times in a row yesterday. (Different locations)

Many Greetings

Moony

Thanks.

I had a similar issue with both GAIA and Urban Patrol Script, posted about it here already but so far there is afaik no solution.

I have this bug where if you place any kind of unit, AI or empty, 2 init windows pop up.

hey gman,

could you clarify how do you enter players playerUID into the MCC Access module?

'1231234',67566543','32543426'

I am trying this but im not sure it really works as people are still able to login without being granted access.

As far as I understand you have a problem when saving to SQM the clipboard remains empty. This behavior is usually related to trying to save to clipboard in MP environment. BI disabled the save to clipboard function in MP to avoid exploits so you have to open a local session to be able to save to SQM or just save to profile from your server – open a local host load from profile and then save to SQM.

It's running in SP editor preview.

I was also wondering, when adding Arsenal in MCC 3d editor or Zeus is it possible to get the script changed to enabling Virtual Arsenal instead of just Arsenal? Reason I'm asking is using the current script you don't get the option to edit the players face, voice or insignias. It appears BI have two version of the Arsenal.

The script I believe that works when creating a mission in the editor is:

["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

I've tried using that in the init line. But can't seem to get it to work that way. I'm sure your brilliant mind will be able to figure it out if possible. It would make the Arsenal boxes perfect.

or if you know of a way where in either MCC Zeus I can add the actual Virtual Aresenal so players can edit their Voice, Face and Insignias that also would be massively helpful.

Hey guys !

Did anyone manage to fix this issue ?  :unsure:

Nice to here shay. I'm really looking forward to an update. Can you give us some spoilers for you changes?

Also I have a "problem":

MCC is part of our main mod pack. We mainly use it for quick missions on the fly. For that we use the mission generator. But sometimes....I really want to kill that generator. Most of the times it just refuses to place the objectives some completely elese, where I want it.

I tested that on many maps (of course altis too) and I do it as followed:

I make a zone, lets say over a factory facility. The Yello box only covers the facility. Then I change all the things like faction, the parameter and the tasks. I normally take Kill or Capture HVT or Collect Intel + Clear the Zone.

What the Mission Generator does is: Place the two objectives (kill HVT) in one building outside the selected zone (yes the facility has buildings which are enterable) and the clear Zone marker is somewhere off on an open field.

Can you somehow make it, that the mission generator only takes whats inside the zone marker?

We think that the clear area task can not be finished. All enemies are down (checkt with zeus and layed down hundreds of bombs) and the task does not switch to green!

Please don'T see that as hurrying ("GO and make that NOW!") its just something that is really annoying xD

This thing trolled me three times in a row yesterday. (Different locations)

Many Greetings

Moony

Well I can give spoilers but to be honest I don't really know when i'll find the time just to release what I've done this far not to mention doing further testing but in general apart from fixing most of the errors/requests and CBA compatibility you can expect:

1. A full campaign generator - MCC will keep on generating mission as the players progress.

2. A full RTS implantation - Including fog of war, building and expending your base, maintain it, keep your troops feed and healthy, scan for random resource missions,  buy vehicles and upgrade them exc.

3. MCC modules in Zeus - access MCC options from Zeus menu. 

Regarding the mission generator request. Well you have to understand that the mission generator take a lot of variables into account so sometimes, even if you thing you have a great place for a mission the mission generator might think otherwise. But the good thing is that after the mission have been generated you can open Zeus and drag the mission objective to where you want them to be. 

I have this bug where if you place any kind of unit, AI or empty, 2 init windows pop up.

MCC should close the default Zeus menu before it opens, what other mods are you using?

hey gman,

could you clarify how do you enter players playerUID into the MCC Access module?

'1231234',67566543','32543426'

I am trying this but im not sure it really works as people are still able to login without being granted access.

you should put them in array 

["11213211231","12321311"] 

It's running in SP editor preview.

Try doing it in a local host. Open MP local and run MCC from there.

Hey guys !

Did anyone manage to fix this issue ?  :unsure:

Never really looked into it yet. 

Heya,

I'm having an issue with MCC. I cannot open the MCC console, nor can I change my hotkeys. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the mod - and even my entire Arma - and cannot rectify this.

This problem appeared after I changed the default keybinds, and I cannot seem to reset them - or change them - though I can get to the MCC keys in the pause ESC menu.

Can you help me fix this problem? I use MCC for all of my missions, particularly for detailing as Zeus.

Thanks for your help!

Regarding the mission generator request. Well you have to understand that the mission generator take a lot of variables into account so sometimes, even if you thing you have a great place for a mission the mission generator might think otherwise. But the good thing is that after the mission have been generated you can open Zeus and drag the mission objective to where you want them to be. 

Ohhh you can? Thats cool, should use that! xD

Anyway, the problem with that is, that I mainly use the Mission Generator because I myself take place in these missions. Using Zeus also means, I see where all the enemies are...and I don't want that! ;P But anyway, still better than my last mission:

The objective (Kill HVT and Acquire Intel) spawned on a tower on Chernarus meaning the HVT was easily to spot from the distance and we had many problems grabbing the intel due to mean laddersl

Thanks for your response (and the spoiler I'm REALLY looking forward for the Campaign editor! *^*)

Hi if i play with RHS in combi with MCC, MCC/gaia only see all units as infantry units, is there a way to change that??

Hi, can Gaia be paused? If all players leave dedicated server is there a way of pausing gaia units until a player logs back in?? Cheers.

Hi, can Gaia be paused? If all players leave dedicated server is there a way of pausing gaia units until a player logs back in?? Cheers.

When you open up MCC, you click and drag to select the units, and on te bottom-middle you'll see a "Give to GAIA" button. You press that, and it takes the control from GAIA, the units will stop when they reach their waypoint.

I'd like to see an option in the MCC mission generator where you can set random minefields in the mission. Not even big fields, maybe small, like 5-10 mines per field. For example: if I set a zone for a mission on Altis in the city of Frini, when the mission generates, random mines or minefield would just generate around the town, maybe some AT mines on the road, stuff like that.

I'd like to know how to add something to my initserver.sqf that does that for you when the last player disconnects from my server.

Hi dear editor of MCC, I want to ask a question:

It seems that MCC forbidden the script "selectplayer" (switch player to another unit) in single player mode, right? In my mission I cannot use this script if I use MCC mod.

Do you know how to solve this problem? such as how to achieve selectplayer function?

Thanks

Heya,

I'm having an issue with MCC. I cannot open the MCC console, nor can I change my hotkeys. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the mod - and even my entire Arma - and cannot rectify this.

This problem appeared after I changed the default keybinds, and I cannot seem to reset them - or change them - though I can get to the MCC keys in the pause ESC menu.

Can you help me fix this problem? I use MCC for all of my missions, particularly for detailing as Zeus.

Thanks for your help!

There is a known issue with MCC and CBA there is a fix for that, a fix that I wasn't able to release for the last month or more due to RL issues. 

I'll do my best to release it by the end of the week.

Hi if i play with RHS in combi with MCC, MCC/gaia only see all units as infantry units, is there a way to change that??

AFAIK there is no issue with RHS but i'll take a look. Just to clearly: you don't see any non-infantry units in the combo box?

You can also just spawn all units with cashing on. Once there is no player around GAIA will despawn the units until a player is close by. 

I'd like to see an option in the MCC mission generator where you can set random minefields in the mission. Not even big fields, maybe small, like 5-10 mines per field. For example: if I set a zone for a mission on Altis in the city of Frini, when the mission generates, random mines or minefield would just generate around the town, maybe some AT mines on the road, stuff like that.

I think placing minefields is a total game killer to leave it to a random chance. Minefields are not there to inflict casualties but to deny territory and in a random state it can cause some very strange behavior as AI don't care much about mines they will probably walk on their own minefields. 

In the other hand MCC can spawn IEDs, ambushes and roadblocks on the routs leading to the OP.

Hi dear editor of MCC, I want to ask a question:

It seems that MCC forbidden the script "selectplayer" (switch player to another unit) in single player mode, right? In my mission I cannot use this script if I use MCC mod.

Do you know how to solve this problem? such as how to achieve selectplayer function?

Thanks

I have no idea what is the selectPlayer script - I know about the command selectPlayer and as far as I know MCC does not disable it although I'm not sure you can even disable it. 

Just an observation from another mod that may help improve upon MCC. if you are familiar with Ares, that author has implemented a precision placement system for a helicopter waypoint. I believe it is called "unload cargo".  The movement is smooth and unrecognizable from any other specified waypoint movement other than it slows the helo down and then brings it to a halt directly over the spot indicated by placement.  No herky-jerky movement to move into position.

... now if we could just get a decent fast rope script/mod.  Some day.

I hope.

I have a two annoying issues with MCC:

-Sometimes I crash or log/relog and don't see the MCC option with the wheel when I come back so I loose access and can't manage my mission anymore. relaunching ArmA won't fix it

-Sometimes, the units have two status windows in zeus edit mode (the window where you can switch prone/stand, set skill etc....): one listed with MCC in the title and the script window at the bottom and the other which seems to be the Zeus one without the script box. It's not with every mission i play GM, it depends :(

Please anyone knows what's the matter with these 2 issues/bugs ? Thanks

• Like 1

Can some way of adding working AA-areas be incorporated into MCC?

I have a two annoying issues with MCC:

-Sometimes I crash or log/relog and don't see the MCC option with the wheel when I come back so I loose access and can't manage my mission anymore. relaunching ArmA won't fix it

-Sometimes, the units have two status windows in zeus edit mode (the window where you can switch prone/stand, set skill etc....): one listed with MCC in the title and the script window at the bottom and the other which seems to be the Zeus one without the script box. It's not with every mission i play GM, it depends :(

Please anyone knows what's the matter with these 2 issues/bugs ? Thanks

The second problem I have never seen before, but why are you micro managing the AI for anyway? The whole point of MCC is to give the AI to GAIA and tell her what you want then to do, ie. be agressive and hunt players, defensive and guard the zone they are in or fortify the buildings around them. If you select an AI unit on the MCC screen and double click where you want them to go you will get even more options like Search and Destroy, you can also in that screen tell them how you want them to approach ie. alert, relaxed etc.

First issue: try pressing CTRL+Delete, I never scroll wheel to access MCC, in fact is disable it in Mission Settings so I don't accidentally go into mcc while switching weapons. But CTRL+Delete will get you into MCC. If that doesn't work check your key bindings.

Also Shay I am waiting in immense anticipation for your update, can't wait to try out the campaign generator as well as being able to access players in Zeus interface.