shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Took me a while to upload, I have pretty average internet.

Anyway here it is.

Edited by Rekkless

Awesome, I'm sure he will. Thanks for taking the time G man!

It is Rekkless you have to thank for.

It is Rekkless you have to thank for.

Oh SNAP! u r right! Yes absolutely thank you for taking the time and making an effort to help me Rekkless.

I really and sincerely DO appreciate the effort.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

HOWEVER, like u said if that doesn't do it then thats it. So I give up.

I don't care any longer to try. No matter what I say its going to sound like I am an un appreciative ass or just plain clueless.

I can do everybit of that in the video with no problem at all.

My main issue has always been the same.

AND that IS>>>

How to get all this to work, specifically fast roping for myself, NOT AI.

To work on a dedicated server. I can do all of this myself in ALTIS and in the editor.

When I put it on my server, it all goes to SHIT.!

I specifically stated several times, I DO NOT CARE about Altis or Stratis. Therfore I do not care about any video showing me stuff I already know how to do and works on ALtis and Stratis.'

That was NEVER the issue.

Thank you again for the effort, no one else really chimed in, and thank you for turning me on to ARES, I do really like the create teleport feature in that mod.

All the issues are exactly the same for NON vanilla maps.

The MCC create HQ or FOB is 50 50 at best. Still get weird stuff in non vanilla maps. Death for no reason, unable to respawn at all at times with HQ and fob. (and the MCC HELL non spawn in the corner of the map) I can usually get around it because I am admin and can hit ctrl Delete for MCC login and it gets me out of it mostly, ( this happens ALOT) But, what are my teammates supposed to do? they usally have to rely on me to teleport them, again 50 50 issue.

If you try to change any MCC access keys....for example, I just tried to change Squad Dialog key form P to Ctrl P. This results in instant Game crash 110% of the time. A issue I have seen many ppl talk about here in the forums.

These are just a few of the reasons I am throwing the towel. Its a specific thing, and all the answers I get are addressing everything but what I am asking.

So eveyone can just go ahead and chalk me up as the dumbass unappreciative rude guy.

But, I guarantee you that most are NOT trying to utilize 100% of the features MCC has to offer.

I really, really wanted to love the squad dialog menu. Because, I like the idea of the resources and actually have to move up and build a FOB with supply crates and so forth.

The more i use it the more I hate it. Rekkless even you stated you prefer not to use it.

90% of this mod is just plain awesome, silly me for wanting all 100% to work.

I haven't even really played the game in a week, just checking these forms and trying different arrays to get it to work on other maps.

Waste of time.

Like I also said in the beginning, I know it has to be me. But, no one can tell me what i am doing wrong and I am open to all suggestions.

One thing for sure, If you copy that Altis template and and all the mission files into another NON vanilla map. Specifically the special forces one, you get NO guns and weird errors.

I want so desperately to be proven wrong, and someone to put up a template on dropbox or something.

At this point my view is this...

MCC still one of my most fav mods.

Give up on the fast rope, and avoid Squad dialogue at all cost, more trouble than its worth.

I feel like I have to answer all my own questions before I am accused of being stupid. YES, MCC and Inidbi is on my server, YES the ppl I play with have the MCC MOD VERSION.

I apologize, I am very frustrated after a week of getting every answer except what i Asked, and assumptions of complete incompetence.

Edited by QuestBLACK

@QuestBlack

I can look deeper into the fast rope issue but I can guarantee anything regarding non-vanila maps as it depends on the map maker more then on MCC.

Regarding keybinds - so far some people having crush to desktop while changing keys, so I've made MCC keybinds to work with CBA if the player is using CBA to workaround it.

Regarding Start locations that you have pointed it work 50/50 --> i'm afraid like the rest of your posts that the information you have provided is well just... useless. As I can't really understand what is your error. What is isn't working? do you press respawn and nothing happened do you respawn and instantly die? and not to mention I can't reproduce your error.

If you want to really help you should take a case and make it a case study and not just post a wall of text.

What I mean is you should write the steps you did exactly and what excatly happened so I can reproduce it in the my enviorment and get the same error so I could fix it.

For example:

MP, dedicated server, mods used: CBA and ACE. Map: AiA Takistan.

1. Place a start location - HQ.

2. Get the Respawn dialog.

3. Click on the HQ icon then click Respawn

4. Crush to desktop.

That is an error report I can work with. Frazes like: it doesn't work, I doesn't do anything exc are just plain useless from my end. Although I really like to help people and crushing bugs.

Some of the forums users can find answer in the next MCC's change log for their requests/bug reports. The change log is WIP and I'm planing to do some more fixes before release that will hopefully be in this weekend.

Change log r16:

Zeus:

- Added: MCC's Zeus will edit players.

- Added: Custom MCC's Zeus modules including:

- IED: turn any object/unit into an IED or suicide bomber.

- CAS: Call MCC Close Air Support from Zeus.

- Add units to Zeus: Automatically assign units/objects to Zeus so the mission maker can edit them.

- Ambient civilians and cars - Server side ambient. MCC will create enemy/civilians units some in buildings, some patrolling, some driving cars and some locked cars in towns when players are around and delete them when no player is around.

- Armed Civilians: Will transfer any friendly/natural unit into hostile unit with concealed weapons. Armed units will attack other units from the enemy faction while they have the chance.

- Atmosphere: Instantly create sandstorms, blizzards and Heat Waves.

- CAS: Call MCC close air support from Zeus.

- Damage Part: Damage any part of vehicle/unit you want and add explosion effects to keep it real.

- Lock/Unlock doors: Lock or unlock all doors in the area.

- Evac Vehicle: Make any vehicle serve as an evac vehicle under the players' commander command.

- Garrison: Spawn units in houses in the given radius.

- IED/Suicide Bomber: Turn any object/vehicle/unit into an IED or suicide bomber.

- Night Effect: Destroy all lights, remove night visions and add flashlights to nearby AI or players.

- War Zone: Destroy buildings, spread wrecks and fires in the given radius.

- Changed: While in Zeus hold Shift and double click a unit to open Zeus's default attributes.

Mission Wizard:

- Fixed: Non precise objectives' markers in the missions wizard where pretty precise.

- Changed: Mission Wizard will try to spawn on HC if available.

Supply Drop:

- Added: Supply drop - added slingload insertion.

Role Selection:

- Added: In Role Selection players can change kits without respawning in any FOB/HQ - can be turned off from the MCC setting module or setting "MCC_allowChangingKits = false".

- Fixed: Player stuck in parachute animation after respawning from the squad selection

- Fixed: Level up duplicated messaged in role selection.

- Changed: Massive work on role selection, improved UI and functionality

Logistics:

- Added: Players can now resupply (refresh ammo, bandages exc) from ammobox (MCC logistics) - support ACE medical system.

- Added: Main shared cargo box to FOB.

- Simplified: Logistics dialog.

- Changed: MCC logistics reduced the amount of needed resource crates for building assets.

Weather:

- Added: Weather over time slider to the Change Weather in MCC.

- Disabled: MCC weather sync when ACE is on

Misc:

- Added: Support CBA keybinds if player is running CBA

- Added: Dynamic dialog function to easy create dialogs - learn more in the functions library

- Changed: MCC garrison units will have units patrolling buildings

- Fixed: Player can escape unconscious dialog in MCC medic system by opening the squad dialog

- fixed: Objects names placed in 3D editor didn't saved to sqm.

- Fixed: Each side's commander will have only his sides evac vehicles

- Fixed: Mission Setting didn't saved and loaded well

Thank You, I can respect that. I will do that in the very near future. Love you and your mod, i am just frustrated and my apologies if I dont express it correctly....

Well in all honesty all the maps I play on in the Tactical map pack work the same. It doesn't matter if youre playing on Altis, Namalsk, Podagorsk or Fallujah. The actual map has no bearing on how MCC (at least in our mission collection) works.

So my guess is this: The version of MCC you have is bugged and broken. Also when uploading MCC to your server I bet there was some kind of corruption.

Fast roping for yourself works 100% fine in MCC, while making that video I did it to myself half a dozen times. AI or real people I have no problem what so ever in doing it. Hell in that video I even fast rope myself. You can see it working.

The MCC HQ and MCC Respawn system like I said in the video I don't use it. Not for any other reason than we use Ares to spawn bases and use Zeus Respawn system (which is why I can't wait for the next MCC update when we will be able to make players a respawn location). But the few times I have used it worked fine. Again using the tactical map pack. But even on Master maps and MCC Templates we had no problem.

To me it sounds so much that what you are running on your server and on your PC isn't working properly. I've had this issue before with rented servers.

However the missions you are making also these so called templates might be missing something also.

And what map is the Special Forces map? That sounds to me like you are trying to edit some kind of workshop mission. Or you a having a mod conflicting with MCC.

I don't know. I can't replicate ANY of the issues you speak. I can get fast roping working perfectly for myself, my players and any AI. I never have problems with randomly dieing, I never have problems with not having any guns, I've never had the game crash while trying to log into Squad Dialog.

Now this isn't to say that it isn't happening to you. But just that there appears to be issues with your machine. And my bet would be the version of MCC you are running.

Well in all honesty all the maps I play on in the Tactical map pack work the same. It doesn't matter if youre playing on Altis, Namalsk, Podagorsk or Fallujah. The actual map has no bearing on how MCC (at least in our mission collection) works.

Does fast rope for your character work in those?

So my guess is this: The version of MCC you have is bugged and broken. Also when uploading MCC to your server I bet there was some kind of corruption.

This is the best assumption I have heard so far.

Fast roping for yourself works 100% fine in MCC, while making that video I did it to myself half a dozen times. AI or real people I have no problem what so ever in doing it. Hell in that video I even fast rope myself. You can see it working.

Yea, but it was in Vanilla, works for me too, not the issue

The MCC HQ and MCC Respawn system like I said in the video I don't use it. Not for any other reason than we use Ares to spawn bases and use Zeus Respawn system (which is why I can't wait for the next MCC update when we will be able to make players a respawn location). But the few times I have used it worked fine. Again using the tactical map pack. But even on Master maps and MCC Templates we had no problem.

Hard to duplicate, cuz it seems very random, sometimes all is good. Sometimes multiple respawn deaths. Sometimes, even though the first thing I do is make HQ it will not accept it or show up. Even if I join a squad and become commander.

To me it sounds so much that what you are running on your server and on your PC isn't working properly. I've had this issue before with rented servers.

Again, this to me sounds like the most intelligent answer I have heard so far...I dunno

However the missions you are making also these so called templates might be missing something also.AGREED

OK, then tell me about yours? Thats why I said earlier maybe I should just copy yours, meaning your mission files.

And what map is the Special Forces map? That sounds to me like you are trying to edit some kind of workshop mission. Or you a having a mod conflicting with MCC.

Shay Gman has a video that talks about special forces and thats 1 of the ones he uses to showcase fastroping on ALTIS of course on the hospital rooftop.

If you look at the contents of that file is has a multitude of files and scripts. It has Blufor, Opfor, Independent and 1 civilian. I was under the impression that I needed that map WITH ALL THOSE FILES for it to work. THIS is where I think the problem lies.[/i]

I don't know. I can't replicate ANY of the issues you speak. I can get fast roping working perfectly for myself,(are u talking on a NON vanilla map?) my players and any AI. I never have problems with randomly dieing, (you stated you don't usually use the MCC spawn dialog) I never have problems with not having any gunsThis is the main 1 that pisses me off, again, i believe it an issue of the associated files, I've never had the game crash while trying to log into Squad Dialog.Me either, thats not what I said. It when you try to change your default keys its ADIOS AMIGO!

Now this isn't to say that it isn't happening to you. But just that there appears to be issues with your machine. And my bet would be the version of MCC you are running.

MOD VERSION 4.15 the latest build with ACE 3 support

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

Well, lets do this anonymously if need be. Let me join your server or you join mine.

My email is bruceking66@gmail.com

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

bruceking66@gmail.com

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

I can totally appreciate the fact that alot of responses to questions are given in the most basic format. I think that is a GOOD thing. There are users of all different lvls, again, thats a GOOD THING.

BUT seriously, I REALLY think we got the whole process backwards. Should I NOT BE ABLE TO USE MCC and have all the features on NON VANILLA MAPS!????

Now, that I think about it...You are asking me to PROVE my case, When, I Don't know what or how to prove it. OF which I WILL DO!

BUT , BE PREPARED FOR many more weeks of this bullshit.. Do you see what I mean?? Do you really want me to go through 5 to 10 different templates and go step by step of what i do when i start it up. What mods are enabled on my server, what mods My game is running, what keys I have installed on the server.? Then go step by step of what i do when I spawn, MCC login, create HQ = die for no reason, try to respawn. OH I will definitely DO IT, just seems like the long way to me.

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

You all act like this should just work HO HUM, but it does'nt. I think it must be a dedicated server issue of which I would still require help. Again, I think most pll dont have the issue that I am having cuz they never dive that far into it as I have.

EVEN so, I can let it go and still love MCC.

MCC is the absolute BEST MOD IMO, even with the Zeus and Ares addon, I do like a few features of ARES, but MCC is still THE BEST!!!!

If I were gay i would love shay.....lol

So yea if, no response, then I willl try to break down every single thing i am doing or I have down to get this figured out. If you all want to just give up, thats fine too. But, something aint right, rather it be with my server or whatever.

The only ting I am really dissapointed in is the lack f response in this community. NO ONE has tried to replicate what I am saying and that is,.............

Make fast roping and Spawn dialog work consistently on a NON vanilla map.

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

I am open to any and all suggestions of how to make a video of what i am talking about, I have ZERO experience in making a video, but am wiling to try. So whats good easy free video capture alternative. No, I cant use Nvidia GEforce experience.

Edited by QuestBLACK

@questBLACK

MCC works out of the box with mostly any map. Delete all MCC copies you have and start from the beginning- download MCC from Steam workshop and run it from the ArmA launcher and it should work.

You do have to understand that you have an issue on your side and you should fix it.

I strongly believe that you are running MCC mode on top of the MCC mission which is a big NO NO.

You don't need any template to use MCC and the templates are just missions with some gear scripts or FOBs for a start points. Now if you used the MCC mod you should find a MCC template mission for any island including all the islands in AiA again the template is just a mission with place holders for each side including some gear script and SF module synced with the SF units. It is not mandatory you should have MCC on any mission even the campaign mission if you are running the mod.

Ok this is interesting.

I can confirm fast roping doesn't work on maps other than Altis and Stratis. We tried earlier tonight on Chernarus, Takistan, N'SWasogo and Podagorsk. We tried it out of the Vanilla Chinook the same one featured in the video. All the chopper does on the other maps is fly to the location and stay there. Landing and the other options of insertion seem to work ok.

Your other issues of randomly dieing, crashing and spawning with no weapons I'm not sure about. I use Zeus Respawn with the ACE 3 Respawn script that saves gear. So its not something I deal with very often.

Hello guys, stupid question here:

Is there any way to restrict access (only for admins maybe?) without placing any module? (I want to avoid dependencies)

Thanks!

You can place the modules and in the mission sqm you can remove the dependiies for it its called mcc_sandbox

You can place the modules and in the mission sqm you can remove the dependiies for it its called mcc_sandbox

wow, i didn't know that. Will try it soon. Thank you!

Ok, sorry been working the last few nights.

@questBLACK

MCC works out of the box with mostly any map. Delete all MCC copies you have and start from the beginning- download MCC from Steam workshop and run it from the ArmA launcher and it should work.

Ok, sounds like a good idea, will do.

You do have to understand that you have an issue on your side and you should fix it.

Thats what I always wanted to believe. Maybe that fresh start will help.

I strongly believe that you are running MCC mode on top of the MCC mission which is a big NO NO.

Could you clarify wht you mean by MCC mode,(mod?) I think you are correct.

You don't need any template to use MCC and the templates are just missions with some gear scripts or FOBs for a start points. Now if you used the MCC mod you should find a MCC template mission for any island including all the islands in AiA again the template is just a mission with place holders for each side including some gear script and SF module synced with the SF units. It is not mandatory you should have MCC on any mission even the campaign mission if you are running the mod.

WHOA! The AiA terrain map pack consists of 15 maps! The ony MCC templates that show up for me are Altis, Stratis of course. AND Chernarus, Takistan and Zargabad. Whats going on there? Could someone else see if they get just these or are all 15....

However, even so when I have tried the fast roping feature on Chernarus, Takistan and Zargabad it did not work correctly. Chopper goes to destination, sometimes drops ropes, sometimes doesn't. When it does you usually fallout resulting in death.

Thank you for your response, good suggestions.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Ok, so I run MCC Mod from the workshop 1 time. THEN all of the other AiA templates will show up? I use PWS and Arma3sync to launch mods. I will give it a try right NOW!

Edited by QuestBLACK

Ok, sorry been working the last few nights.

WHOA! The AiA terrain map pack consists of 15 maps! The ony MCC templates that show up for me are Altis, Stratis of course. AND Chernarus, Takistan and Zargabad. Whats going on there? Could someone else see if they get just these or are all 15....

However, even so when I have tried the fast roping feature on Chernarus, Takistan and Zargabad it did not work correctly. Chopper goes to destination, sometimes drops ropes, sometimes doesn't. When it does you usually fallout resulting in death.

Thank you for your response, good suggestions.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Ok, so I run MCC Mod from the workshop 1 time. THEN all of the other AiA templates will show up? I use PWS and Arma3sync to launch mods. I will give it a try right NOW!

Mate, I think your missing the point here. If you are running MCC mod then you don't need the templates. Running a template mission and the mod together will have undesirable effects.

Mate, I think your missing the point here. If you are running MCC mod then you don't need the templates. Running a template mission and the mod together will have undesirable effects.

Well, Yea I gathered that now. But, still not seeing much dfference.

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

So.... Downloaded MCC from Steam workshop. It has a more updated name, but I don't notice anything different.

As far as the AiA terrain maps go I still only have a MCC template for the ones I stated previously, even when running AiA.

TESTED Altis, which seems to be EVERYONES go to map to test stuff out and used the MCC template provided.

Heres what happens, FAST Rope at BEST works 10 to 20 % of the time.

I AM ONLY RUNNING MCC and Inidbi.

I Spawn and start the game.

I use MCC and make a HQ, respawn.

Use MCC for EVAC chopper spawn, USE MCC again for EVAC FastRope option at 50 meters and 1 waypoint.

I get in the chopper and execute. Chopper flies to destination and hovers, and thats ALL.

Make an ew EVAC Fastrope destination, it works.

Start again from scratch, chopper hangs. Adjust again, chopper drops rope and drops me to death.

I do it again, same steps, chopper hangs.

This time I use Teleport, and when I teleport while in the chopper, it spawns on the ground at the point I selected, Like I expect...

And then flies up to 50 meters and drops fast ropes. and it works!

I try to duplicate this and it just kills me..

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

WELL, Rekkless all I have to say is THANK YOU, once again. I want things to be made clear here. I am not trying to be a dick or a told ya so ass. I just want to copy shay and do what he does in my game the best mod of ALL TIME!

As I said before, to ME the # 1 problem here is everyone blowing smoke. MOST ppl DO NO USE ALL THE FEATURES, I DO! So NOBODY tell me shit unless YOU HAVE DONE IT!

So, here is 1 major mistake/assumption I made. Again, I follow EVERYTHING MCC. So when I see a video showing me that a Special FORCES team is in a a chopper and can go do a fast rope extraction!. I'M like hell yeah,, I want to make a mission around that.

I thought, that those features of Fastroping and the helmet cam were tied to that particular MCC template that had all of those factions and the specail forces and the 1 civie.

So<< I made a template and copied all those files/folders and pasted them into my mission/map.

I now I have learned this is a big NO NO, but at the same time, I still see no difference in performance, other than I got errors as far as logging into MCC. I have deleted all of those maps. BUT, my DEFAULT ATLIS CRAP MAP Tests are still the same result.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

However, I did actually play tonite with 2 friends. AND we did not run ace and everything seemed OK as far as the Select roles screen is concerned. Didn't even bother trying fast roping, was just happy to be playing the game for once.

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

I was dissapointedly surprised by all of this. I thought all should go somewhat better because I was in the vanilla Altis, and actually it was barely any better if any at all. (out of 7 tries it only worked once)

This thread has 382 pages! What in the hell do all these ppl use MCC for? I don't get it. If you were all ppl using these features, SOMEONE would be able to tell me I am full of shit and what I am doing wrong or give me some kind of suggestion. Rekkless is the ONLY ONE

serious about this mod.

At this point, I have deleted ALL the templates I had before for NON vanilla maps. Somehow, My copying and pasting those SF maps into a non vanilla map made me have no weapons. THAT is gone, I DELTED THEM.

What I did previously is just basically create a playable squad and put a basic description.ext and init.sqf file in there. AS I followed from a Shay_Gman video tutorial.

Please let me know, How I can be of further assistance or if I need to break it down step by step more so that it can be further analylzed.

This mod does more for ARMA than any other IMO. The Make ARMA not War Contest was a joke! I have pretty much all of those mods. The problem is what I keep stating, ppl don't know, won;t take the time to learn ALL of MCC.

If you don't know how to use it correctly, HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU JUDGE IT FAIRLY!

Hey Shay, any word on the next update? The CBA conflict has killed the tablet and all its glory for me. From what I've used though, this mod is amazing. Really makes mission making much simpler. Really appreciate all your work.

hi Shay

i have request to add some features in this great MCC

could you please if is possible to add order move in pda for ai

like you can do with map

like that you can keep eyes in battlefield and manage your group

this could be great

:bounce3:

thanks

Hey Shay, any word on the next update? The CBA conflict has killed the tablet and all its glory for me. From what I've used though, this mod is amazing. Really makes mission making much simpler. Really appreciate all your work.

Soon....

hi Shay

i have request to add some features in this great MCC

could you please if is possible to add order move in pda for ai

like you can do with map

like that you can keep eyes in battlefield and manage your group

this could be great

:bounce3:

thanks

What PDA the commander console or the squad leader PDA?

You can issue waypoints to AI from the commander console just like from the MCC main interface, but from the SQL PDA you can only monitor AI and players groups.

Soon....

What PDA the commander console or the squad leader PDA?

You can issue waypoints to AI from the commander console just like from the MCC main interface, but from the SQL PDA you can only monitor AI and players groups.

yes with SQL PDA :o

Hey guys.

I'm trying to restrict other players from using MCC. Nothing works for me. Syncing the MCC access rights module to a unit is not an option, because I'm not always sure which slot I will take.

Placing this in my mission's init doesn't work as well:

if (isnil "MCC_allowedPlayers") then {MCC_allowedPlayers = ["My nick name"]};

Placing this in the module init aslo has no effect:

this setvariable ["names",["My Nick Name"]];

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Did this issue ever get sorted. If I cannot restrict access to the mcc admin then I will have to remove this mod :(

yes with SQL PDA :o

Love the MAN, Love the MOD

My prob is with the community, test what I am saying. Don't be a MCC 20% user...

Edited by QuestBLACK

For some reason when I go to save all to SQM or save to SQM it never puts a .sqm in my clipboard. Any ideas how to fix this? Only MCC is being run, using the latest version.

I'm glad for any help / advice.

EDIT: I also attempted launching with and without battleye.

Edited by imthatguyhere

It puts only the content of an .sqm file to your clipboard, which is basically just text (in a special format though). You need to manually create an .sqm file and paste the content of your clipboard to it (i.e. create a .txt file, paste your clipboard into it and then change the file-extension to .sqm). Hope this helps ;)

It puts only the content of an .sqm file to your clipboard, which is basically just text (in a special format though). You need to manually create an .sqm file and paste the content of your clipboard to it (i.e. create a .txt file, paste your clipboard into it and then change the file-extension to .sqm). Hope this helps ;)

Thought so at first, tried that. It's my last copy. Nothing changes on the clipboard at all.

Thought so at first, tried that. It's my last copy. Nothing changes on the clipboard at all.

You mean it isn't saying anything to the clipboard at all?