shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

We actually have this function in MCC which we didn't activated we can add another option to garrison so that we'll have some AI patrolling around.

Then please, by all means make it accessible.

Is there a way via script to add units to GAIA?

I have a kind of intro to a new mission I am making, a C130 lands and deploys troops, but then I'd like them to automatically be added to GAIA once they disembark.

Also I have been building a base in Zeus and then exporting via clipboard to a new mission.sqm. The items are all there, once I have, however not accessible via zeus anymore.

I am going to the editor, loading map, build base in zeus, open MCC, save whole mission sqm to clipboard, exit out, make a new mission.sqm file, paste clipboard to mission SQM and save.

Go back into editor, load mission, open zeus, nothing accessible.

For some reason, all the MCC keybinds have also stopped working when CBA A3 is loaded with it - no idea why - I notice someone else further back in the thread had the same issue.

Any help appreciated with any of those appreciated ;)

Edited by thefinn

thefinn, there's a few ways around that, that I know of. You can either use the (awesome) Ares mod, which adds a lot of very useful utility modules to Zeus, such as adding preset units to Zeus. Or if don't mind writing a small script, manually loop through everything and add it to the curator (zeus) every few seconds/at start of mission.

Yeah some of it seems cool, but I don't really want to be in zeus all the time. That's why MCC is - usually - good because you can just save the entire sqm with the 3d placed objects in it.

The problem is that they are supposed to be accessible later on if necessary, but aren't.

I'm not sure I understand? What i was referring to (Ares mod, here's the link), and writing a small script, are solutions to the problem you're talking about, units not being accessible after saving out to the SQM and loading it later.

To be honest soulis, one has to get weary of installing program after program to do something that's so basic one wonders why it's not in arma in the first place ;)

How much angst could be avoided if BI just allowed zeus to be accessible via the editor.

Arma doesn't have this basic feature, so we install MCC, MCC isn't working, so we install Ares ?

It's an MCC thread, just saying. People shouldn't lurk here waiting for something to not work, just so they can offer solutions other than MCC.

I'd just really like something to work out of the box for once. If it's just a buggy release, that's fine, wish someone would just say that though.

There are a lot of things that should be in Vanilla Arma 3 without having mods installed. Ares is one of the best examples. MCC is in my opinion almost obsolete if they are not focusing on what people are mostly doing with it. I myself use MCC only for making fast and easy missions and I think they should concentrate especially on that.

To be honest soulis, one has to get weary of installing program after program to do something that's so basic one wonders why it's not in arma in the first place ;)

How much angst could be avoided if BI just allowed zeus to be accessible via the editor.

Arma doesn't have this basic feature, so we install MCC, MCC isn't working, so we install Ares ?

It's an MCC thread, just saying. People shouldn't lurk here waiting for something to not work, just so they can offer solutions other than MCC.

I'd just really like something to work out of the box for once. If it's just a buggy release, that's fine, wish someone would just say that though.

I don't think that's totally accurate. Zeus IS accessible in the editor, you can add all the units you've put in your saved mission into Zeus through normal means once you've loaded it in the 2d editor, I was just suggesting a faster way that offers a bit more flexibility and features.

That's a problem with sandbox games like this, who decides what a 'basic feature' is? Everyone has a different definition. I would hardly call a fully realized 3d editor a 'basic feature', since their are few enough games out there that have any editor at all, and far far less that are as complex as Arma is.

Either way, it's coming with the next expansion, merging Zeus and the normal 2d Editor. You want it now, which is understandable, but things take time. :)

Really? I had no idea, damn about time. TBH it kinda depresses me that they didn't do it as soon as they thought zeus up ;)

It just makes sense, but then if we had a penny for every "sin" BI does, we'd make our own game ;)

Will you /could you add in support for Static Parachute Mod so that it could be used as a prefered way to drop paratroopers old style ? It apperently needs some sort of memory point added into all of the C-130`s ? I mean making MCC compatible to it?.

Would be cool!

Hi, I am currently running an ALiVE mission for the overall battlefield and I am using MCC for the interactive stuff and the random mission generator. I have a question, My mission is OPF_G_F vs BLU_F and when I try and generate a mission in MCC using the rival faction as FIA(EAST) it gives me an error stating something like MCC: Mission Wizard Error: Faction doesn't have any of this unit, or something like this. Anyone know what this is and how to get around it?? Thanks. I can generate missions fine with standard OPF_F units.

Hi Spirit, how up-to-date is GAIA in that template? Maybe you could update it to the latest GAIA, if there have been any changes since 09-2014? TIA.

How large are the operations (number of players and AI) you are usually playing when using ASR in combination with MCC?

sorry for the late reply. i have my thing notify me weekly...may change it to daily. i use when i host so i usually running with 2-4 players and the AI is usually in the 20s i imagine. i dont like light fire fights lol i try to scale it to how many of us are playing though.

What if you tried to make the Convoy include a Elite Skillset AA protection and make the AA-teams usefull by inserting them onboard the Hemmit Trucks?

Maybe Static Weapons assembled aboard the uncoverered version? Like a Turret?

What if I can add some missiles to HM-9`s? Directly from that sort of ammobox,and add a driving Hemmit with a Phalinx Gun Turret as a protective AA?

Edited by Teddybear1

sorry for the late reply. i have my thing notify me weekly...may change it to daily. i use when i host so i usually running with 2-4 players and the AI is usually in the 20s i imagine. i dont like light fire fights lol i try to scale it to how many of us are playing though.

No worries mate, I only got weekly notifications too. ;)

I'll do some testing with my communty next month, we usually play coop with 25-30 people and a 3:1 ratio of AI to players. Hopefully ASR and MCC together won't impact performance too much.

Hi Spirit, how up-to-date is GAIA in that template? Maybe you could update it to the latest GAIA, if there have been any changes since 09-2014? TIA.

The template is slightly behind on MCC GAIA. The commands on how to use GAIA are still relevant. So you can use GAIA in the editor like taught in the template with MCC GAIA MOD. Ofcourse you dont use the GAIA template then as GAIA is integrated in MCC mod already.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

No worries mate, I only got weekly notifications too. ;)

I'll do some testing with my communty next month, we usually play coop with 25-30 people and a 3:1 ratio of AI to players. Hopefully ASR and MCC together won't impact performance too much.

Hey james, I am curious to know. Please share if you know more about this. It has been asked multiple times and we dont expect issues but a final answer would help.

Can we get more D.O.C in the next update? :confused:

Can we get more D.O.C in the next update? :confused:

You do know that you can create and save you own private D.O.C and load them to server?

Hi Shay and Spirit. I will admit I am waiting in intense anticipation to be able to to edit human players in MCC Zeus and be able to make them re spawn points. It will massively streamline many of our missions. I just hope you haven't forgot. :D

Just incase you have forgotten or have no idea what on earth I'm talking about I made a video for you my friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8US_gh2b9TE

I was also wondering, when adding Arsenal in MCC 3d editor or Zeus is it possible to get the script changed to enabling Virtual Arsenal instead of just Arsenal? Reason I'm asking is using the current script you don't get the option to edit the players face, voice or insignias. It appears BI have two version of the Arsenal.

The script I believe that works when creating a mission in the editor is:

["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

I've tried using that in the init line. But can't seem to get it to work that way. I'm sure your brilliant mind will be able to figure it out if possible. It would make the Arsenal boxes perfect.

or if you know of a way where in either MCC Zeus I can add the actual Virtual Aresenal so players can edit their Voice, Face and Insignias that also would be massively helpful.

To be on point; MCC Sandbox is one of the best features of playing this game. I thoroughly enjoy using it for Mission Creation and is the perfect companion to Zeus. I very glad I stumbled upon it.

There are only 2 things I want to ask about this release, and if the answer is no to both, then I suppose that would be my answer to that MCC questionnaire at the top of the first page. :party:

1) The MCC medical system doesn't seem to work outside of SP. I'm assuming its because everyone involved needs the mod, because when people join they get disconnected.

Right now I use BTC Revive for my missions. But perhaps there's some code I didn't find in the tutorials, because while I can revive, other players claim they cannot.

2) Those gorgeous weather markers that produce sandstorms, heat waves, warzones. I really love those effects but there again if I'm hosting with new people that don't have the mod, they wont see it.

At least that seems to be the case in the couple of attempts I've stuck them in there.

MCC is awesome though. Even if this is as far as it develops, I have to say this is one hell of a successful project. Really fun stuff. Thanks to the Developers. :D

Whats the status on next update if you dont mind me asking?

To be on point; MCC Sandbox is one of the best features of playing this game. I thoroughly enjoy using it for Mission Creation and is the perfect companion to Zeus. I very glad I stumbled upon it.

There are only 2 things I want to ask about this release, and if the answer is no to both, then I suppose that would be my answer to that MCC questionnaire at the top of the first page. :party:

1) The MCC medical system doesn't seem to work outside of SP. I'm assuming its because everyone involved needs the mod, because when people join they get disconnected.

Right now I use BTC Revive for my missions. But perhaps there's some code I didn't find in the tutorials, because while I can revive, other players claim they cannot.

2) Those gorgeous weather markers that produce sandstorms, heat waves, warzones. I really love those effects but there again if I'm hosting with new people that don't have the mod, they wont see it.

At least that seems to be the case in the couple of attempts I've stuck them in there.

MCC is awesome though. Even if this is as far as it develops, I have to say this is one hell of a successful project. Really fun stuff. Thanks to the Developers. :D

Yes, like all other mods. All need to have it before it works. Playing on an island without others owning that mod wont work either :)

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Total freestyle as development is very low on our lists.

Just as an fyi it appears that some of the menus do not work with @CBA 1.1.23 i.e. squad dialog etc...

Got it working with @CBA1.09 however.

I don't actually see this specifiying a need for @CBA or a specific version anywhere either so you should probably add that to the ARMAholic, steam and forum threads.

Cheers for the hard work on the mod!

Hi Shay and Spirit. I will admit I am waiting in intense anticipation to be able to to edit human players in MCC Zeus and be able to make them re spawn points. It will massively streamline many of our missions. I just hope you haven't forgot. :D

Just incase you have forgotten or have no idea what on earth I'm talking about I made a video for you my friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8US_gh2b9TE

I was also wondering, when adding Arsenal in MCC 3d editor or Zeus is it possible to get the script changed to enabling Virtual Arsenal instead of just Arsenal? Reason I'm asking is using the current script you don't get the option to edit the players face, voice or insignias. It appears BI have two version of the Arsenal.

I haven't in fact it is fixed i'm just waiting to finish some other stuff before release.

It always fascinated me that people asks "should MCC run on all clients and server?!" well it is. And would imagine that you won't ask if all clients should run the mod in some vehicle or weapon mod.

MCC should run on all clients and server or you'll get a very unpredictable result. We even made a step forward by adding a mission version (if you couldn't hustle mod installations) but I recommend on using the mod anyway.

Well as Spirit mentioned it is freestyle update – it started by just fixing some stuff such as players don't show in Zeus exc and then a friend of mine asked me if I can help him reduce the amount of enemy units in Invade & Annex and all in all I've ended up making a campaign generator where MCC will keep throwing missions and the players will get resources for completing them which in turn can be used to build new installations or purchase vehicles, but then I wanted to redo the Role Selection to go with it and then I've remembered I need to finish the RTS part so the players can actually expand the base and well u get the picture… but it will be ready soon.

Just as an fyi it appears that some of the menus do not work with @CBA 1.1.23 i.e. squad dialog etc...

Got it working with @CBA1.09 however.

I don't actually see this specifiying a need for @CBA or a specific version anywhere either so you should probably add that to the ARMAholic, steam and forum threads.

Cheers for the hard work on the mod!

The good news is that I have a fix for it and the next MCC will use CBA keybinding if you are running CBA or just the normal MCC keybinds if not.

The bad news… well read the post above regarding release ;)