shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I was wondering if you would switch to the CBA configure addons control setup. Instead of the ones you are using currently. The One currently does cooperate sometimes with me. Or some of the guys in my unit. The CBA one looks alot more formal. You could also just include the CBA files in your download so it all one download for ppl. or make an optional folder so ppl have it already. Would look alot nicer, ACE and TFAR and ALIVE use it.

Shay the code you gave for adding mcc addaction to an item or unit works however...

its limited to the player,and the next unit that uses it.if a third player where to access it(even if previous had logged out) its shows mcc action,but you cannot open console by selecting it.

Better example:

I have 5 AI team switchable.I begin as player naturally...die.Team switch,im able to open mcc on next unit,but if that unit whom i currently control dies/i teamswitch...the next ai i teamswitch to can see mcc action,but not open it.

Is there a way to make AI ignore players/make them seem friendly? And this would be midway, someway to for example, not kill a player, but at any given moment you can have the players disguise be blown and ai atack him? So if I am a zeus, and I made players steal uniforms it would make sense if I could switch them to undercover.

Try disabling MCC syncing so it won't sync weather.

I don't know about ACE weather and how it incompatible with ACE I'll take a look when I'll find the time.

So far the weather changing is in fact done instantly and if I'll find the time I'll try to add a change over time slider for it.

It is ACE which is not compatible not only with MCC weather but with Zeus weather as well.

If anyone wants to use ACE with MCC and still be able to change the weather on the fly then he should set every ACE weather module setting to off.

@shay_gman: tnx, I know about manually modify the mission.sqm. But it's really difficult to use in this way, because sometimes I got name deleted also on object placed with 2D editor. I explain better: I place a box in 2D editor to be destroyed, give it a name; then place some other objects around the box in 3D editor, when I save and reload the mission the box don't have name. Maybe I did some mistake I have to do another test, but maybe you could check it out too.

I'm kinda new to mission making so bear with me, if I have an mcc mission saved to the profile, is it possible to switch Gaia from the server to a headless client ?

I want to be able to load it on both kind of servers and actually use the HC when it's available.

[edit]

Actually a 2nd question, I have a custom template with r13 but I only have the pbo (and extracted from the pbo), how can you update that to r15 ?

Just load it in the editor and export again ? Will arma replace all the mcc scripts already in the folder ?

Edited by Conz

Yes you can, put this on one unit of the group:

(group this) setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",true];

Wow, thanks for answering all our questions. Well OK, if units are spawned via a third party script I guess I either have to set the mcc_gaia_cache variable there or write a loop myself and regularly looking for new units. Will have to look what's best...

Question about the caching in MCC: Basic concept in other caching scripts, AFAIK: they leave the group leader intact and set simulation off for group members. In GAIA I think all units out of range are completely turned off, is that correct? I have to keep that in mind, because caching is also a candidate (I guess!) for breaking scripts with waypoint based AI.

Hi!

First of all, MCC is a very great addon, we use it regularly.

I find an issue with rangefinders and Primary (HQ) start position.

Place an MCC Primary HQ start location (module in editor or realtime on a map it doesn't matter (preview)) > go at the start location > pick up a rangefinder > try to measure distance near the primary start location > doesn't work > go further > it's working. I guess it is related to invulnerability the rangefinder measure something invisible wall.

Second one is an incompatibility with the RHS Escalation 0.3.7.

Put down the RHS (US or RU) Virtual ammobox or weapon box AND any MCC module in the editor > preview > use arsenal > works fine > save map > go to the multiplayer > arsenal cannot pops up.

BIS arsenal works fine with this init: 0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

If you put it realtime on the fly with MCC + Zeus, it works fine.

We want to use your radio module too, but the mic clicks are very-very loud, just messing up one of my buddy audio system, he need to reset his PC.

I hope Shay_Gman & Spirit find useful this info.

ps. sorry form my crap english

Hi Shay and Spirit,

Since R15 I've been running into a number of issues (most of them minor, some of which I've already reported) but one is giving me quite a hard time atm.

I've tried two methods, but both result in similar issues:

1.) Editing the init file of the mod itself (my preferred method as it eliminates the chance of other mission makers forgetting to setup 2D editor modules correctly or at all)

2.) Using the 2D editor module setup

What settings I would like to achieve:

2015_05_30_00001.jpg

2015_05_30_00002.jpg

2015_05_30_00003.jpg

2015_05_30_00004.jpg

However, when in-game these are the settings I get in MCC:

To make things "worse" I can still manually change these settings and then save it to the mcc profile together with the mission created. However, when I load the mission onto the server later via the "load from profile" function the settings are reversed back onto what is shown in the last screenshot. I don't know if R14 or R15 introduced this issue, but I know that it wasn't present in R13. This is my biggest issue currently as it makes it impossible for me to prepare a mission days in advance, save them to profile and then load them in on operation day as it would activate the MCC interaction menu which causes issues with our current modset. After the profile was loaded in the interaction menu setting can't be reversed anymore. This only happens on the server, not in single player or the editor preview.

I hope this feedback is useful to you in order to determine the source of the problem. If you need more information feel free to ask.

Side question: Is there a link for an R13 download? I couldn't find a version repository on your GitHub.

Edited by JamesClarke

Have you tried setting these values via script instead? They seem to stick once placed in init.sqf.

Hi Shay and Spirit,

Since R15 I've been running into a number of issues (most of them minor, some of which I've already reported) but one is giving me quite a hard time atm.

1.) Editing the init file of the mod itself (my preferred method as it eliminates the chance of other mission makers forgetting to setup 2D editor modules correctly or at all)

What settings I would like to achieve:

However, when in-game these are the settings I get in MCC:

To make things "worse" I can still manually change these settings and then save it to the mcc profile together with the mission created. However, when I load the mission onto the server later via the "load from profile" function the settings are reversed back onto what is shown in the last screenshot. I don't know if R14 or R15 introduced this issue, but I know that it wasn't present in R13. This is my biggest issue currently as it makes it impossible for me to prepare a mission days in advance, save them to profile and then load them in on operation day as it would activate the MCC interaction menu which causes issues with our current modset. After the profile was loaded in the interaction menu setting can't be reversed anymore. This only happens on the server, not in single player or the editor preview.

I hope this feedback is useful to you in order to determine the source of the problem. If you need more information feel free to ask.

Side question: Is there a link for an R13 download?

Have you tried setting these values via script instead? They seem to stick once placed in init.sqf.

As mentioned in point 1.) yes, I usually edit the init.sqf file within the pbo to modify the mod. ;)

However, as soon as you use "load from profile" on the server it will reactivate MCC's "Action Menu" as well as the squad screen (accessed by pressing "P") no matter if you deactivated said features via either method.

hi

Shay and spirit or everyone

do you know how i can add some custom sound in the jukebox please

thanks

see you

Does Gaia work properly with ASR AI3? Gaia is the brain, ASR should adjust micro like visual detection, audio detection, rate of fire, movement to cover, etc.

Does Gaia work properly with ASR AI3? Gaia is the brain, ASR should adjust micro like visual detection, audio detection, rate of fire, movement to cover, etc.

As far as I've heard from Spirit and Shay: yes (I've raised that question a while ago concerning Vcom). Theoretically MCC should issue rough way points and default behaviour ("move", "SaD" etc.) and ASR should handle how the units get there.

However, ASR and Vcom do also have a "use smoke" feature for infantry so there might be some negative overlap between the mods. I guess the only way to know for sure is organise larger test sessions and watch the server performance and RPT log like a hawk.

Maybe other communities have already tried out MCC together with ASR or Vcom, if so please let us know how things went.

As far as I've heard from Spirit and Shay: yes (I've raised that question a while ago concerning Vcom). Theoretically MCC should issue rough way points and default behaviour ("move", "SaD" etc.) and ASR should handle how the units get there.

However, ASR and Vcom do also have a "use smoke" feature for infantry so there might be some negative overlap between the mods. I guess the only way to know for sure is organise larger test sessions and watch the server performance and RPT log like a hawk.

Maybe other communities have already tried out MCC together with ASR or Vcom, if so please let us know how things went.

Well my unit has tried once and lets say, you don't want to battle division of AI's with Seal Team Six / DEVGRU skills.

The MCC settings hold a way to disable use of smoke by GAIA. See the settings button ;)

I was wondering if you would switch to the CBA configure addons control setup. Instead of the ones you are using currently. The One currently does cooperate sometimes with me. Or some of the guys in my unit. The CBA one looks alot more formal. You could also just include the CBA files in your download so it all one download for ppl. or make an optional folder so ppl have it already. Would look alot nicer, ACE and TFAR and ALIVE use it.

Actually I didn't knew it exist. I've played with it a bit and ended up adding the CBA keybinds if the player is using CBA – it is still not required to use CBA to enjoy MCC but if you do you will set the keybinds there – wait till next update.

Shay the code you gave for adding mcc addaction to an item or unit works however...

its limited to the player,and the next unit that uses it.if a third player where to access it(even if previous had logged out) its shows mcc action,but you cannot open console by selecting it.

I don't have much experience with single player but at least we made a little progress ;)

Is there a way to make AI ignore players/make them seem friendly? And this would be midway, someway to for example, not kill a player, but at any given moment you can have the players disguise be blown and ai atack him? So if I am a zeus, and I made players steal uniforms it would make sense if I could switch them to undercover.

We had it in ArmA 2 MCC maybe I'll find the time to add it to ArmA3.

It is ACE which is not compatible not only with MCC weather but with Zeus weather as well.

If anyone wants to use ACE with MCC and still be able to change the weather on the fly then he should set every ACE weather module setting to off.

I'll try to add change weather over time – don't know about ACE though.

@shay_gman: tnx, I know about manually modify the mission.sqm. But it's really difficult to use in this way, because sometimes I got name deleted also on object placed with 2D editor. I explain better: I place a box in 2D editor to be destroyed, give it a name; then place some other objects around the box in 3D editor, when I save and reload the mission the box don't have name. Maybe I did some mistake I have to do another test, but maybe you could check it out too.

I've fixed it. I think. Check it in the next version.

I'm kinda new to mission making so bear with me, if I have an mcc mission saved to the profile, is it possible to switch Gaia from the server to a headless client ?

I want to be able to load it on both kind of servers and actually use the HC when it's available.

[edit]

Actually a 2nd question, I have a custom template with r13 but I only have the pbo (and extracted from the pbo), how can you update that to r15 ?

Just load it in the editor and export again ? Will arma replace all the mcc scripts already in the folder ?

When loading a mission from profile everything will be loaded to the server and not to HC as the HC only controls units local to him. You should look for a script to move AI to HC it shouldn't be too difficult to make some kind of balance script to distribute AI to clients and HC. Should be something like this in the init.sqf that will change locality to all AI groups to the HC.

If (!hasInterFace && !isServer) then {
  0 spawn {
     Private ["_leader","_dummy","_HCOwner"];

waitUntil {time >0};
      _dummy ="Land_Pier_F" createvehicle [-9999, -9999, -1];
      _HCOwner = owner _ dummy;
      While {true} do {
         {
            _leader = leader _x;
             If (! isPlayer _leader  && owner _leader != _HCOwner) then {_x setGroupOwner _HCOwner };
         } forEach allGroups;
         Sleep 60;
      };
 };
};

Wow, thanks for answering all our questions. Well OK, if units are spawned via a third party script I guess I either have to set the mcc_gaia_cache variable there or write a loop myself and regularly looking for new units. Will have to look what's best...

Question about the caching in MCC: Basic concept in other caching scripts, AFAIK: they leave the group leader intact and set simulation off for group members. In GAIA I think all units out of range are completely turned off, is that correct? I have to keep that in mind, because caching is also a candidate (I guess!) for breaking scripts with waypoint based AI.

GAIA has 2 levels of caching first leave only the commander AFAIK and the second remove the whole group depends on the player distance to the group.

Hi!

First of all, MCC is a very great addon, we use it regularly.

I find an issue with rangefinders and Primary (HQ) start position.

Place an MCC Primary HQ start location (module in editor or realtime on a map it doesn't matter (preview)) > go at the start location > pick up a rangefinder > try to measure distance near the primary start location > doesn't work > go further > it's working. I guess it is related to invulnerability the rangefinder measure something invisible wall.

Second one is an incompatibility with the RHS Escalation 0.3.7.

Put down the RHS (US or RU) Virtual ammobox or weapon box AND any MCC module in the editor > preview > use arsenal > works fine > save map > go to the multiplayer > arsenal cannot pops up.

BIS arsenal works fine with this init: 0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

If you put it realtime on the fly with MCC + Zeus, it works fine.

We want to use your radio module too, but the mic clicks are very-very loud, just messing up one of my buddy audio system, he need to reset his PC.

I hope Shay_Gman & Spirit find useful this info.

ps. sorry form my crap english

Regarding the range finder it is known non-issue as there a spawn protection spawned around the HQ to prevent friendly fire in it so the rangefinder collide with it – move a bit outside.

I don't know much about RHS arsenal in the editor.

I can lower the mic sounds for the radio for next update if I'll have the time.

Hi Shay and Spirit,

Side question: Is there a link for an R13 download? I couldn't find a version repository on your GitHub.

It is not a problem but intended behavior while saving mission to MCC it is also saves the mission settings and when loading a mission it loads the mission settings that have been saved. So different mission makers can have different settings – in one mission the independent should be friendly and in the other hostile or in one mission you should be able to use the commander console and in another you shouldn't exc.

GAIA only handles high level AI like a commander giving orders to his troops like – regroup, go pick up this group, recon that area or order a fire mission on an area – it does not affect low level as crouch behind this boulder or get inside this building – so you shouldn't have problems if the AI mod won't order WP to AI and even if it would GAIA just ignored AI groups that already have assigned WP.

MCC4 doesnt work with the latest version of CBA, cant use it for now :(

GAIA only handles high level AI like a commander giving orders to his troops like – regroup, go pick up this group, recon that area or order a fire mission on an area – it does not affect low level as crouch behind this boulder or get inside this building – so you shouldn't have problems if the AI mod won't order WP to AI and even if it would GAIA just ignored AI groups that already have assigned WP.

Now this is where it's strange. I've never seen GAIA AI lean left/right when behind cover or do some less robotic stance adjustment - which are things that are part of Vanilla. I tested by spawning Zeus AI and MCC GAIA AI and the way they performed these micro actions I mentioned above was WAY different.

Would love to see the kind of function that ALiVE has for AI fortifying a building and patrolling between the positions inside. ^^

As an added option - not to replace the current one (both are needed imo).

MCC4 doesnt work with the latest version of CBA, cant use it for now :(

What do you mean "not working" you get CTD, can't log int? MCC doesn't required CBA so I doubt it should influence one another.

Now this is where it's strange. I've never seen GAIA AI lean left/right when behind cover or do some less robotic stance adjustment - which are things that are part of Vanilla. I tested by spawning Zeus AI and MCC GAIA AI and the way they performed these micro actions I mentioned above was WAY different.

I believe it have to do with the AI skill. All GAIA do, in a very smart way is mimicking playing against a player in the commander slot. There are no low-levels command it only assign WP to AI groups that doesn't have WP while taking into consideration various parameters such as: AI group have spotted the player in position X the player have a tank lets move 1 AT squad to his location in a flanking maneuver (GAIA assign few move WP in flanking angle and S&D WP on the player last known location) or we have artillery in range (GAIA assign few rounds for calibrating on that location, later it will assign a full fire for effect on player's last known location) or we are too far from the OP lets see if we have another AI transport vehicle we can call to transport us. All is done with WP assignment and not micro management if you'll open MCC you can see the AI WP assignment. So in general, no it shouldn't effect the AI vanilla behavior.

BTW there is a different between picking the garrison option and spawning AI on fortify behavior.

In garrison MCC will spawn individual units in buildings and the AI will not move there position. In fortify MCC will spawn AI group that will look for static weapons or buildings around the spawn position and take control of them. In fortify engaged AI should leave there position and group up to fight threats AFAIK.

Would love to see the kind of function that ALiVE has for AI fortifying a building and patrolling between the positions inside. ^^

As an added option - not to replace the current one (both are needed imo).

We actually have this function in MCC which we didn't activated we can add another option to garrison so that we'll have some AI patrolling around.

It is not a problem but intended behavior while saving mission to MCC it is also saves the mission settings and when loading a mission it loads the mission settings that have been saved. So different mission makers can have different settings – in one mission the independent should be friendly and in the other hostile or in one mission you should be able to use the commander console and in another you shouldn't exc.

Please revisit the screenshots provided in my last post. I know that the "load profile settings function" is a new behaviour in r15, but unfortunately it is not loading all settings correctly. I've saved the mission to profile with the intended settings, but the problem is it uses the wrong settings when loaded onto the server, no matter what settings have been saved either in modules, the MCC profile or the init file. For example "MCC Action Menu" will be enabled upon loading the profile mission onto the server, even though I specifically saved the mission profile to have it disabled. This issue is not occurring for all available settings, only the ones I have marked in red boxes (last screenshot).

MCC also does not start-up fully with the module settings set prior mission start via 2D editor (before saving or loading any profiles). Although most settings are correct at start-up, some (such as "show units without GPS", "show friendly WP", "can command AI" and "GAIA cache distance") refuse to conform with the settings picked in the modules or set via the init sqf (shown in the screenshots). This is has to be a bug as it invalidates the intent behind the 2D editor setup modules.

Edited by JamesClarke

i use MCC with ASR all the time. works perfectly fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AimerLeg View Post

We had it in ArmA 2 MCC maybe I'll find the time to add it to ArmA3.

^please add it to arma 3, that would be glorious. open so many mission options.

Edited by Khan_Artist

i use MCC with ASR all the time. works perfectly fine to me.

Thanks for your feedback, this encourages me to invest some serious time into testing this as well.

How large are the operations (number of players and AI) you are usually playing when using ASR in combination with MCC?

I can't seem to pick up weapons in the mission? They are auto deleted when I attempt to equip them? Is there a Fix to this I just haven't seen?