shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

;2937181']Pleeease Rekkless' date=' post them on User Missions Section, your missions and templates seems to be a good repertoire for serious armawesomess =) (people here don´t fear on mandatory mods, they´re what makes ArmA3 enjoyable after 2 whole years lol)

cheers![/quote']

Ok guys for anyone interested I have uploaded what I see as the Ultimate ZGM / MCC Templates. Titled "Tactical Map Pack". It includes templates for over 11 maps including Altis, Chernarus, Namalsk, Podagorsk, Zargabad, Fallujah and more. It has a few requirements but from our groups experience it gets the most out of the mods Zeus, MCC, ACE 3, TaskForce Radio and RHS Escalation and has a frame work for really fast mission set ups through MCC and Zeus. These are the missions my group use as our full time missions when creating dynamic missions.

If anyone has any requests for maps or default tweeks please let me know.

User Mission Page:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190079-Tactical-Map-Pack-The-Ultimate-Zeus-MCC-Template-Missions-RHS&highlight=zgm+tactical

The missions aren't supposed to make many major changes to any Zeus / MCC template but more to set a up a bunch of efficient default setting on the mission to assist the game master in logging in quickly and spawn enemies and creating dynamic mission quickly and easily. It covers a lot of settings we found game masters would over look or have to change every time they wanted to do a mission. With these templates players should be able to log in gear up and go, game masters should be able to create respawn locations quickly and make missions within minutes without having to through the game settings and getting players set up in their roles.

Edited by Rekkless

When we play on our server we use veteran settings with this parameters:

class veteran
{
class Flags
{
Armor=0;
FriendlyTag=0;
EnemyTag=0;
MineTag=1;
HUD=1;
HUDWp=1;
HUDWpPerm=1;
HUDGroupInfo=1;
AutoSpot=0;
WeaponCursor=0;
ClockIndicator=1;
3rdPersonView=0;
UltraAI=0;
CameraShake=0;
DeathMessages=1;
NetStats=1;
VonID=1;
ExtendedInfoType=0;
};
aiLevelPreset=3;
skillAI=0.7;
precisionAI=0.5;
skillFriendly=0.89;
skillEnemy=0.1;
precisionFriendly=0.5;
precisionEnemy=0.1;
};
[/Code]

But when we play with MCC in veteran difficulty we have 3rdPersonView and WeaponCursor enabled. We tried a simple mission made by me with only 8 players no enemy and some ammo box created with MCC 3D editor then exported to missions.sqm.

Does MCC modify this parameters?

Hey guys-quick question. Can I use MCC to join friendly AI units into a squad?What I mean is, I play a lot of SP and some missions made for co-op dont have the squad joined into a squad-they are all seperate units.Can I link them so i can become team leader?Thanks

I've been using MCC on a local machine, me and my friends had a blast, now we moved to a dedicated server, and we're running various missions we found.

My question is, and yes I searched, but maybe I'm blind, but how do I use MCC on a dedicated server? I added MCC and CBA to the server, but do I need to edit the mission we're playing, or am I missing something?

I hope my question made sense.

Hi Shay

Is it possible to use the add action to add MCC console for the player to his scroll wheel options?I tried MCC access rites module synced up to AI and team switched to them,but didnt work.

The reason is im playing single player,if i team switch,or respawn i do not have access to mcc any longer.

Thanks

Should I get this or ALIVE?

why not try both :)

mcc is my go to mod full stop :)

Should I get this or ALIVE?

Since both do more or less completely different things...take both if you like what they do!

If I load MCC in my single player environment, but spawn AI with other scripts, can I tell MCC, at best automatically without using MCCs UI, to cache those AIs?.

Since both do more or less completely different things...take both if you like what they do!

What are the differences between them?

Have a question and a problem I found with MCC4

How do I enable mcc4 so the entire server has access to it?

Problem I found is that when I die and respawn I lose Mcc4 scroll wheel option. Anyone know how to fix that? I have to log out of server and come back in to regain access.

Another problem... When I create items on the map using mcc4 or zeus. I save it to mcc4 and paste all that in the mission.sqm. When I reload the mission I get duplicate markers, triggers, and ,uss nimitz spawns in the air along with players. I have to reset their height in the editor. Any fix or solutions for this?

Edited by TATERx

What are the differences between them?

With MCC you can generate mission on the fly. You also have some other useful tools.

Alive is more something that works in the background. It provides some random enemie spawning and things you can determine in the editor. PLease go to Alive and see what functions it have to really understand what it does.

I can only tell you, that there is not essentially an either this or that. Sometimes I use MCC and Alive together!

With mcc My impression up to this point is that you open it up and create a mission on the fly can you actually create a mission using its ai which is giai right? But can these be saved and make a pbo?

disregard

Edited by TATERx

There have been a couple of us asking if there is a way to use the addAction command to access MCC via an object. Does anyone know if this is possible?

i have some noob isssues

1. Dedicated server

I dont seem to be able to build anything as commander. I get to the construction menu but the wrench/house icons dont show up thus im unable to construct anything.

2. commander cosntruction

When i try to use this mod on my dedicated server i cant open any of the UI windows like the squad UI (ctrl+p) it just flickers for a second and then vanishes again. When i try to host it on my local PC i have no issues.

What am i doing wrong?

i have some noob isssues

1. Dedicated server

I dont seem to be able to build anything as commander. I get to the construction menu but the wrench/house icons dont show up thus im unable to construct anything.

I don't know this is a feature I don't use it in MCC

When i try to use this mod on my dedicated server i cant open any of the UI windows like the squad UI (ctrl+p) it just flickers for a second and then vanishes again. When i try to host it on my local PC i have no issues.

What am i doing wrong?

Are the mod running on both server and client? Sometime you need to press just "P".

Edited by DuM3D0

@Moon_chilD Lag while generating a mission in the mission wizard is common but it should go down to normal bandwitch after a few seconds. I'm refining the mission generator to help a firend which will decrease lags and i'll release it as an update later.

Regarding HC. All you need is the HC module and name it "MCCHeadlessClient". MCC will automaticlly reognize the HC and will spawn to it if selected. You can find more info regarding HC here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Headless_Client

So far the mission generator isn't spawning to HC but i'll release a fix for it that it will if HC is present.

So, that means at its state right now...it doesn't care wheather I have an HC called "MCCHeadlessClient" or not?

Hey,

I spawned some stuff in zeus and saved it with mcc. Now I get this error when I load the mission:

*** C:\Users\Dominik\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Lynx\missions\OPAAFObj1.Altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Vehicles/Item3.vehicle: Vehicle class no longer exists ***

Hey,

I spawned some stuff in zeus and saved it with mcc. Now I get this error when I load the mission:

*** C:\Users\Dominik\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Lynx\missions\OPAAFObj1.Altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Vehicles/Item3.vehicle: Vehicle class no longer exists ***

Happens to me too, don't know exactily but my last mission worked perfectly also with a similar error (was Item4.vehicle). I presume that sometime after deleting an item it really don't delete all the stuff he create in his "virtual" mission.sqm

IMHO

Usually get that as well when doing a lot of object placement, just open up the mission.sqm, find Item3, find the row that says type=""; and replace "" with some valid class (e.g. "B_Soldier_F" then save it and reopen the mission from the game. If it happens again the Item should be different and you'll need to do the same thing, in any case when it opens properly check the bottom left corner of the map [0,0,0], there will probably be a couple of things there to delete.

Usually get that as well when doing a lot of object placement, just open up the mission.sqm, find Item3, find the row that says type=""; and replace "" with some valid class (e.g. "B_Soldier_F" then save it and reopen the mission from the game. If it happens again the Item should be different and you'll need to do the same thing, in any case when it opens properly check the bottom left corner of the map [0,0,0], there will probably be a couple of things there to delete.

Thank you! That fixed the error message and it looks like the game crash was caused by the mines I spawned. Everything is working now. :)

Not sure if it has been reported but whenever a mission.sqm has MCC in it, the first time launching a session, clouds look weird.

http://youtu.be/4_qu2aMF7uo

Also, MCC weather sliders are incompatible with ACE3 Weather. If fixing it to work with ACE is not possible, I suggest disabling the MCC Weather button when ACE3 weather is detected to avoid problems.

And finally, changing weather via MCC is one of the most immersion breaking actions available: the weather changes instantly without any transition. Would be better if the change was gradual.

Edited by BullHorn

Is it possible to use the addAction command to an object for MCC access? For example, could I put it on a vehicle or something as simple as a barrel? If so, could someone please leave an example of the necessary code. Thanks!

Try this

this addaction ["<t color=""#99FF00"">--= MCC =--</t>",{(_this select 1) setvariable ["MCC_allowed",true]},[],0,false, false, ""];

Is there a way to activate a module (like ACE, AGM or CSE) during a mission ? You can do it into VTS but without options.

Do you plan to add the capacity of spawning module, with option, into MCC ? Maybe you already can but haven't found it.

By the way : excellent job for ACE compatibility

Nope not at the moment.

Would you be willing to add a brush for making AI Stand up I could see it being very helpfull in Town or bunker areas and as we all know ai love to lie-down and glitch through walls floors basically anything they touch

hopefully this is simple thank you anyway

also Great job on mod

I might if I'll remember to it.

@shay_gman: Tnx shay_gman, but I don't need to spawn object via trigger I need to name object (a telecom tower) so can make a trigger to check if it's destroyed or not as you can read in my post on the previous page

You are explaining something I haven't asked

Sorry I get it now. I'm afraid you can only do it by editing the sqm file and adding this enrty to the object. BTW I was sure MCC save to SQM did that automatically I'll check it out.

text="ObjectName";

When we play on our server we use veteran settings with this parameters:

But when we play with MCC in veteran difficulty we have 3rdPersonView and WeaponCursor enabled. We tried a simple mission made by me with only 8 players no enemy and some ammo box created with MCC 3D editor then exported to missions.sqm.

Does MCC modify this parameters?

No MCC doesn't change the mission difficulty parameters – you should check for other cause.

Hey guys-quick question. Can I use MCC to join friendly AI units into a squad?What I mean is, I play a lot of SP and some missions made for co-op dont have the squad joined into a squad-they are all seperate units.Can I link them so i can become team leader?Thanks

Yes you can click on the squad in MCC UI click Join at the buttom and click your squad or just give them a Join WP by selecting the squad and double clicking near your squad marker in MCC.

I've been using MCC on a local machine, me and my friends had a blast, now we moved to a dedicated server, and we're running various missions we found.

My question is, and yes I searched, but maybe I'm blind, but how do I use MCC on a dedicated server? I added MCC and CBA to the server, but do I need to edit the mission we're playing, or am I missing something?

I hope my question made sense.

MCC doesn't need CBA and it should work just like any other mod – check ConorG videos he have video tutorials how to install MCC:

If I load MCC in my single player environment, but spawn AI with other scripts, can I tell MCC, at best automatically without using MCCs UI, to cache those AIs?.

Yes you can, put this on one unit of the group:

(group this) setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",true];

Have a question and a problem I found with MCC4

How do I enable mcc4 so the entire server has access to it?

Problem I found is that when I die and respawn I lose Mcc4 scroll wheel option. Anyone know how to fix that? I have to log out of server and come back in to regain access.

Another problem... When I create items on the map using mcc4 or zeus. I save it to mcc4 and paste all that in the mission.sqm. When I reload the mission I get duplicate markers, triggers, and ,uss nimitz spawns in the air along with players. I have to reset their height in the editor. Any fix or solutions for this?

By default and if you didn't place MCC Access Rights module MCC should be open for all. If you lose the MCC action menu you can still access it from the key binds which is by default Ctrl + Delete

I run this mission:

Battlezone Altis

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=261542524

on my dedicated server, can I use MCC with this?

I believe you can.

With mcc My impression up to this point is that you open it up and create a mission on the fly can you actually create a mission using its ai which is giai right? But can these be saved and make a pbo?

Yes.

i have some noob isssues

1. Dedicated server

What am i doing wrong?

The commander building menu is WIP and not functional atm – as you can only build stuff that don't actually do something – maybe one day I'll finish it

The Squad UI is working on dedicated servers for sure maybe you have another mod that interfere?

So, that means at its state right now...it doesn't care wheather I have an HC called "MCCHeadlessClient" or not?

I believe it doesn't care but keep it like this as I can't remember 100% if it doesn't.

Not sure if it has been reported but whenever a mission.sqm has MCC in it, the first time launching a session, clouds look weird.

Also, MCC weather sliders are incompatible with ACE3 Weather. If fixing it to work with ACE is not possible, I suggest disabling the MCC Weather button when ACE3 weather is detected to avoid problems.

And finally, changing weather via MCC is one of the most immersion breaking actions available: the weather changes instantly without any transition. Would be better if the change was gradual.

Try disabling MCC syncing so it won't sync weather.

I don't know about ACE weather and how it incompatible with ACE I'll take a look when I'll find the time.

So far the weather changing is in fact done instantly and if I'll find the time I'll try to add a change over time slider for it.