shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

when you scroll your mouse wheel you should see "MCC" in green below your menu that says "place explosive,use first aid get into vehicle as driver"etc-that's how you open it.

Yes, i know! But that is the problem! When i scroll the mouse's wheel i don't see any "MCC" option :/

But if i can see that kind of "menu" , like u can see in these pics , i think the mod is installed correctly (i think ).

So , what's the problem? :(

Not dead – we just wanted to thank you all and enounce that we are focusing on something else – still if we'll find the time and motivation to deliver something new , we will.

I have an update ready to release in the upcoming days. So I can say I'll be around, just a little more.

Good to hear. What I was worried about is that you were dropping development / fixes altogether. We all know that something will change with the Arma engine that will break things with MCC so as long as you'll be fixing bugs that crop up because of that all is good. The thing is pretty much feature rich anyway.

As with many others and clans especially we all use MCC regularly in any mission we run as there just isn't anything else close that can help in the middle of a mission when you need to edit something or add something. Zeus doesn't come close and of course you have to have all that crap setup in the mission anyway. MCC is useable with any mission.

After ready that post after the MANW contest, I was really worried they were completely shutting down development. Don't do it! The community loves this mod!

Yes, i know! But that is the problem! When i scroll the mouse's wheel i don't see any "MCC" option :/

But if i can see that kind of "menu" , like u can see in these pics , i think the mod is installed correctly (i think ).

So , what's the problem? :(

Well I think the mod isnt installed right if you dont have that option.Are you using CBA A3?

Yes im' using it :/ I lunched the mod with Arma 3 sync , and with the vanilla version, but nothing, i have always the same error.

Yes im' using it :/ I lunched the mod with Arma 3 sync , and with the vanilla version, but nothing, i have always the same error.

Have you tried another download source? I had the same problem try armaholic or use this file from shay_gman dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

PWS was corrupted for me but eventually got it working.

Thank u guys, i appreciate your help.

I tried both , armaholic and shay_gman dropbox's file, but i have always the same error.

I don't know why i have this error. There is a link to download an older version of this mod? Probably , with another version i can fix the problem. :(

We are using MCC on a regular basis in my Clan.

As Mission-maker, I am setting weather, date and hour as mission important features.

As an example, if I chose to make a night FIA mission [played without NVG] setting it during a clear full moon night, I want the mission parameters stay this way.

MCC Synchonisation is modifying the date and forecast as mission start. So, in my example, the night can be dark and rainy.

I am not complaining, my "backstage game engineering" son has found a way to reset the date, time and forecast right ... but I think it will be better if the Mod was not so invasive.

As Mission-maker, I am setting weather, date and hour as mission important features.

As an example, if I chose to make a night FIA mission [played without NVG] setting it during a clear full moon night, I want the mission parameters stay this way.

MCC Synchonisation is modifying the date and forecast as mission start. So, in my example, the night can be dark and rainy.

I am not complaining, my "backstage game engineering" son has found a way to reset the date, time and forecast right ... but I think it will be better if the Mod was not so invasive.

I've reported the same thing a while back. Shay acknowledged the issue and they'll try to fix it in the future, or maybe make the weather entirely optional like most MCC features. I assume it's quite time consuming to "soften up" the weather syncing, since it wasn't designed as an optional feature from the start.

Hi there

Sometimes, when i use the MCC editor to place objects, the object placed move compared to where I place it.

What can i do ? Is there a way to fix this ?

Anyone know how to make a unit commander, instead of unit have to apply through group dialog? Lets say I want to make a specific unit commander, howto?

Is there a way to add a "confirmation message" on the "disable respawn" setting, so it won't be activated by mistake during a mission ?

As the option cannot be undone.

Thanks. The issue we're having is that upon death, it goes to the deploy screen and you can select the spawn point normally. But when you hit "Deploy" it takes you to a second screen, with the map, a "Respawn / Gear / Team" set of buttons on the top left ,and a Deploy button that doesn't do anything. People either crash out from this screen after a while or are forced to hit "Exit Game." I've managed to clear it by hitting CTRL+DEL and then I respawn correctly, but after that the MCC control menu (I was the one logged in) doesn't come back up - it just blinks in and out.

Seems like you got the Role selection and the regular spawn system on - did you enabled role selection?

Quick question, when I set up the mission generator, I turn off precise locations but I seem to still get all the debug stuff on my map which kind of detracts from the mission immersion, is there a way to turn the debug off?

Yeah I know, since I made MCC to work with Zeus I've used Zeus modules for the objectives - I thought maybe there will be an option to turn off Zeus objective's marker over time - but apparently there isn't. When there will be I'll put it in MCC.

I still can't get my units to unload out of a vehicle. The chopper gets to the location then just sits in the air. If it can attack it will fly around attacking units but never try to unload the troops. Fast ropes are working better now though.

The evac choper will only automatically disembark crew in helocasting and fast rope, in other insertion's type you'll need to order your crew to disembark.

MCC doesn't uses CBA. I think you are placing the MCC Access module in your mission so you don't have the MCC action menu.

Ahmmm Mission's settings Module have a Sync option on/off like everything in MCC :) . Or just put this "MCC_syncOn = false;" in the mission's init.

Hi there

Sometimes, when i use the MCC editor to place objects, the object placed move compared to where I place it.

What can i do ? Is there a way to fix this ?

It is a know issue - I have no clue why.

Anyone know how to make a unit commander, instead of unit have to apply through group dialog? Lets say I want to make a specific unit commander, howto?
Is there a way to add a "confirmation message" on the "disable respawn" setting, so it won't be activated by mistake during a mission ?

As the option cannot be undone.

There is if I'll be able to remember it for the next update. :cool:

Thank you for the response Shay! I did not make it clear what I meant. That's my fault. I'm talking about when I select a unit in MCC and give it the player. Then I give it the order to unload at a location with troops inside, either by MCC or the commander console. I love the commander console and use it all the time in my missions. Beyond that problem, and the console being slow when a lot is going on, everything else works fine.

@shay_gman

Fixed: Fortify on Headless client

Its not. rly. :butbut:

Spawning Units per Script on HC with text in InitField

(group this) setVariable [""GAIA_ZONE_INTEND"",[""17"", ""FORTIFY""], false];

But they do nothing.

If i put MOVE or NOFOLLOW into this, it wörks.

Same with the MCC Console

Just Spawning Units on HC, create Zone, marker Units, give to gaia "fortify" ... nothing.

Give to GAIA "aggressiv" ... roaming start.

Your not planning to fix this anymore? :sad:

My clan is having a problem. My server and I are the only things running MCC. Everytime I generate a mission with MCC we have a hard time killing the enemy AI because they take 30 rounds to kill for some reason. If I spawn it with Zeus without the MCC version we can kill an enemy AI no problem at all. Why is this? And how do I change it.

As far as I can understand, with the last version of MCC some new Items has been introduced. Does anybody have the classnames of all MCC related Items? (I really need them!)

Am i (and my clan) the only one who can't connect to my server, when running MCC with the new 1.44 arma update???

So I was experimenting with MCC + RHS and tried to pit a couple company of US ARMY against the Russians who were set up "Defensive" in their zone. All groups under GAIA control. I spawned in a few squads of blufor and tried to get them to make use of vehicles to reach their objective (opfor zone). I placed empty helicopters and HMMWVs but could not get the troops to make use of them. Instead they choose to march 4km to the enemy. I tried spawning vehicles both with MCC and Zeus, neither had an effect. No modules placed, no additional mods.

What is the right way to get spawned troops under GAIA to utilize mobile transport?

Second, using the Mission Generator I seem to be getting a lot of night time missions. Is there a way to control whether any/all/some of the AI utilize NVGs and do they actually make a difference in how the AI behave?

Thanks in advance!

On gaia:

They should not be empty :) Helicopter transportation has been disabled by me on GAIA system. Current AI pilots are more a threat to them self then to the enemy :P

TAke a look here to learn about how gaia operates:

GAIA1

GAIA2

GAIA3

Hi guys,

I'm playing Whole Lotta Altis single player and decided to use MCC Sandbox to add some static weapons around certain stronghold locations. Just to test, I saved the game and then reloaded to see if my spawned object was still there and it was, but I noticed if I travel far from an object sometimes it vanishes. The MCC sandbox created defences I put around my main base have all disappeared! Same thing with objects spawned by Zeus. I realise in my noobness I must be missing something.

Any help appreciated.

Edit: Actually I'm beginning to wonder whether it is the Whole Lotta Altis scenario itself, as I've just checked and objects that I create through the normal buying process also disappear.

Edited by priorzeus

On gaia:

They should not be empty :) Helicopter transportation has been disabled by me on GAIA system. Current AI pilots are more a threat to them self then to the enemy :P

TAke a look here to learn about how gaia operates:

GAIA1

GAIA2

GAIA3

Thanks much for the links! I've actually watched them a few times before (I'm the one that complains about the intro music being too loud compared to your voice ;) ) but I still can't get units to combine with transport:

1) Make zone around airport in Altis.

2) Spawn "aggressive" infantry group(s) in zone, with the "[G]" thing for Gaia control..

3) Spawn trucks in zone, spawn helicopters in zone, both ghost hawks and huron, all under GAIA control. Trucks go on sentry, helicopters landed and did so too, at first. Group patrols zone, as expected.

4) Create zone 2 a good distance away from zone 1 (6km), occupy with CSAT units.

Helicopters, even the huron, take off and fly off, empty, to be destroyed in zone 2. Infantry group continues to patrol as if nothing has happened. Trucks stay on sentry.

I tried this also with the mission generator instead of creating and populating zone 2. Same results. Helicopters fly off to fiery death, trucks sit by doing nothing, troops march around zone 1.

What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have a tutorial on how to get this to work?

Second problem: I am having trouble getting RHS vehicles to spawn in the MCC editor. They show in the drop down list but never physically spawn?

Thanks in advance!

Well. My expectation would be that the helicopters would stay in zone one. Attack helicopters (no cargo space) would wait for CAS calls and the transport heli's would randomly patrol friendly GAIA controlled zones.

I have no explanation why they would do that. Gonna try and see for myself (or maybe you upload a low quality youtube so I can take a look).

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Hi guys,

I'm playing Whole Lotta Altis single player and decided to use MCC Sandbox to add some static weapons around certain stronghold locations. Just to test, I saved the game and then reloaded to see if my spawned object was still there and it was, but I noticed if I travel far from an object sometimes it vanishes. The MCC sandbox created defences I put around my main base have all disappeared! Same thing with objects spawned by Zeus. I realise in my noobness I must be missing something.

Any help appreciated.

Edit: Actually I'm beginning to wonder whether it is the Whole Lotta Altis scenario itself, as I've just checked and objects that I create through the normal buying process also disappear.

Caching is by default enabled I believe (but not 100% sure) for the generator. Take a look here:

It is about caching and the mission Generator. Let me know if this helps.