shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

MCC is a performance-eater ??? I have between 60-80 FPS when I start MCC I fall to 39-45 FPS when I create a Scenery at 20-16 frames ... this is bad .... I ask for help .... I feel bad thank you .....

I'm working on a small update that will make MCC compatible with ACE.

I think ACE is the way to go as it was in ArmA 2 and 1.

Hello, Shay ...

I have several mods installed in ArmA 3, updated some, because of the new version of the game, including the last MCC MOD, went on to show me a "No Entry Bin \ config.bin / CfgPatches.ns" but did not know what was mod causing it, then I disabled all and went enabling one by one.

Amazingly to enable MCC this message appeared again, only I disabled the MCC r14, keeping everything else enabled, and the message stopped being displayed.

Could you help with this?

Tnx

Try downloading it again, might be a corrupt file.

Hi all is anyone else having this issue when you try to start a multiplayer game with MMC and RHS both running.

Did some mod testing and tried vanilla first and all good.

Enabled each mod one at a time and all work fine, even MCC 4 R14 on it own works

As soon as RHS Russian is enabled anytime you try to host a MP game it hangs the system big time.

RHS US works on its own but most of the core elements are in the Russian one.

I love MCC and it is such a great tool for mission editing but RHS is a big one too.

If i disable MCC mod and enable RHS stuff MP will work ok.

Hopefully others have had the issue and a fix can be found as soon as possible.

SteelBellyBeast

Running latest RHS 0.3.6 using the updater.

I'll check it out.

Thanks. Looks like i have to spawn the helo using MCC evac. when i select a helo generated using Zeus there doesn't seem to be a way to select it under the "evac" drop down.

So when i spawn it using MCC and then select one WP right over top a helo landing spot it just goes there and hovers. says gulf 1 get ready to fast rope but it won't drop ropes. it just sits there.

The smoke option works great.

Edit: I got the helo to drop ropes when i hijacked the pilot and lowered it. the leader said "disembark" but noone got out.

Edit 2: I put down a invisible helo pad. then selected fast rope over that pt. when we get over the pt it drops us to the ground automatically one of us lived the other died.

I give up. the helo drops the ropes and starts to move off immediately. so if you are on the rope it's dragging you along.

I'll check the fast rope code again. You don't need to put a helo pad for the evac helicopter to land in fast rope – it should be precise without it.

AFAIK using Zeus will change the locality of the unit and in MCC all the units are handled by the server not the clients.

@Toby2600: So there is no other way of unlocking these doors? o.O

@Rekkless: Yeah it seems I f-ed up since I deactivated the interaction stuff on the mission...since we also use AGM. One question though: When I have the HVT (we normally use AGM too), where do I have to bring him xD?

When you select CQB in mission generator MCC will randomly lock doors. You can use the MCC interaction to unlock doors:

@ shay_gman

I know I'm overtime but probably I've found a way to reproduce a bug that affect mission generation by MCC mission generator.

The problem is that someone it spawns some ai blufor inside the opfor area.

To reproduce the bug (at least for me is a bug because I can reproduce):

1. enter with some mates inside a server.

2. someone login to mcc console as mission maker. set the enemy skills (our clan uses 20,20,90,80). press "confirm"

3. say to some of your mates to disconnet from the server and re-enter.

4. as they came back, choose CSAT faction->mission generator-> set a good number of player (to night we tested as 16 players) so it spawns a good numbers of enemy ai.

5. after the task creations, go to the MCC console and you'll find that there are some "rectangles" in the CSAT area that the opfor will try to kill.

This is not good because sometimes the blufor stay alive and when we go near the objectives the blufor try to kill everyone, including us (we play as blufor).

If one day you'll want to make a bug fixing release, I kindly ask you if take a look to this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Interaction is not working in our MP servers but works fine in SP? Are we doing something wrong? All players that attempted it are using the MOD. This occurs on both our dedicated server and when I launch an internet server on my computer myself. Anyone know what I did? I have the most recent MCC and this wasn't an issue prior to updating. We all used to be able to get the prisoners and the files and such. Now no one can not even the person who is logged into MCC and launched the mission?

Should be working, I've tested it numerous times on dedicated servers. Try downloading it again.

Anyone know where to get the Tactical Video Probe? Can't find it in the empty areas. thanks.

There should be MCC utility box in the 3d editor.

Hi Spirit,

Sorry for the long reply time, things were quite busy in RL as of late. Congrats on the latest update btw.

Here are three of my personal sore spots with MCC I'd like to see addressed if possible:

Weather Sync: Currently weather always has to sync with all clients when players join the server. Unfortunately it often won't sync the same conditions for JIP players as for those that were on the server when the mission was loaded from the MCC profile. Is it possible to add the MCC dynamic weather / syncing to the functions that can be disabled via the init file of MCC? Similar to how mission makers can disable MCC interaction, survival and other aspects of the mod?

"Disable Respawn" Button: As far as I know (could be totally wrong though) there is no way of reverting the disabling of respawns once that button has been pressed. This lead to a couple of events where an MCC misclicked and the entire mission had to be restarted as we play coop with respawns and pvp without respawns. Especially its current position between the "Mission Settings" and "Set Weather" button makes it easy to be clicked by accident. Solution would be to either make the "Disable Respawns" reversable or add a warning layer on top of the button, e.g. you hit "Disable Respawns" and two other buttons appear asking "Do you really want to disable respawns? Yes or No".

Custom Groups: Currently it is possible to create custom groups with MCC to spawn in any future mission, which is simply amazeballs! Question, is it possible to create some sort of "Extract Profile" button whereas custom groups and FOBs can be extracted as a profile file and sent to other mission makers? Currently I've made specific group sizes for various factions, but if I'd like other members of the mission making team to use the same custom groups all of them have to recreate each custom group themselves. That leaves large space for human errors and would be a lot easier to handle if I could copy paste share my group and FOB sets.

Hope this feedback helps you and Shay for future MCC versions.

Thanks, I'll see what we can do about it.

MCC is a performance-eater ??? I have between 60-80 FPS when I start MCC I fall to 39-45 FPS when I create a Scenery at 20-16 frames ... this is bad .... I ask for help .... I feel bad thank you .....

Well there should be FPS drop while MCC is open and less when not.

Hi Shay,

After some testing my group has nailed the issue with the mod and people not being able to see the mcc menu.

It would seem that anyone that joins in progress, does NOT get access to the client area of MCC, but will be able to access the squad area, teleport and the like, all with keybinds.

If you want logs from servers and clients, I would be more then happy to send you some :)

I'm loving MCC in Arma3 even though I never really did get into it much in Arma2! Had fun yesterday testing a new map by putting some opfor (cached) groups, defensive and some garrison, under GAIA control in a small town then creating three recon patrols of blufor, aggressive, under GAIA control outside of the town. Not wanting to lead I just clicked on one of the blufor in the squad (not the squad leader!) and made him "player"! Good times!

A couple of questions though:

First, and I asked this a few days ago too... is there is a quick and easy way to populate a town with civilians using MCC? I see I can only place individual civilians and it can take quite some time to populate even a village, one at a time.

Secondly, do cached groups continue to move, even when cached? Will they conflict with other cached groups of the opposing force, ala ALiVE?

Thanks in advance!

Does the join group option work? I am trying to join an AI group with my player group and nothing happens.

Every time I try and export my MCC mission into an SQM I do save it correctly and then put it into the mission.sqm file but then when I reload or launch that file from the mission editor it always crashes my game and gives me the error "mission.sqm, line 2726:Config: End of line encountered after expCond" I would love some help please. I do have mods running while I create this mission so idk if that could be the problem or not.

Hi shay

Im not sure exactly how MCC rites,is supposed to work but syncing the module up with playable AI and teamswitching leaves me without the ability to access MCC,as those units.(i can access it again if i switch back to initial player)

If that is infact the way it is supposed to be,is it possible to enable so that MCC is aquirable to all playable units for unit switching purposes?

Heya guys,

For those interested, I am here to share a good night story :cool:

This story is a short story. Short if you consider 6 years. Its about why MCC is actualy here. Why did it change and.... why I think its time to stop.

So why did we create MCC? I was the community lead (and founder) of a community. To play different missions with always the same structure was not an easy score, since we did not hold to many mission makers to feed the always hungry for more player base. There were some tools like Virtual Training Centre and some very early dynamic mission stuff going on but nothing that fitted our needs. So, we took the classic script UPS (Urban Patrol Script) and bombed that as the AI engine and started to create a user interface on that, that was even uglier then our first logo :sick: Then a random start location and there it was. The very first MCC :sick:

It was actualy called CO MCC USMC All Island Generator. (2009)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?91433-CO-MCC-USMC-All-Island-(generator)

So from 2009 on and futher MCC kept going. I am till this day suprised that it actualy made it that long and so successfull. Not that I always was that interested in MCC. I dropped interest few times and Shay started going on the first acceptable GUI on MCC. He took off and later in time I started going back on MCC with the GAIA system. (and more stuff). When the MANW-competition took of MCC was already there. That I mention to make clear that MCC is not a product created for MANW but was "accidentally" there when the competition started. After reading the requirements of the MANW it was clear that third-party content (even with approval) was not allowed or at the very least would create complicated issues when any price money would reach the team. This is when we decided to remove some functionality. One of them was the 3d spectating script. More functionality got stripped for the same (and only) reason.

We were convinced that MCC did fit in the addon category or in the multiplayer section but would not fit in the Total Modification. We took of with some really cool idea's to create a total different game-type/style. We started creating content that would not really fit into MCC's initial goals but it was our best shot to reach our goal in a timely matter. That goal was to deliver MCC "as is" in the addon or multiplayer section and deliver something "new" in the total modication. Some functionality does not fit in the origanal focus of MCC. That is for sure. But it always fitted in our goal: fun. But because we decided that all functionality was optional, it seemed acceptable . To cut short, we did not finish our "new game" in time and to our very surprise was MCC accepted in the total modification part. MCC was not the only mod that surprised me in that. I really thought that expansions and mission generators did not fit in the total modification category. I was indeed expecting mods that totally changed the game and made it into something new. (like dayz)

So now the race of the competition is over, its time to focus back on what we want. After years of MCC its time to choose. I made my choice and am currently working hard in another game eninge to build a cool game (together with shay). I will stick around to answer some questions at some point but I will not be active on development. Please dont think the MANW competition is part of this choice. In fact, I think that if the MANW was not there I would have made this choice even sooner.

So, Thanks All! For all your support, your enthousiasm and specialy your awesome games!

A shame to see you go but definitely looking forward to what you pull out the bag on your new project.

@spirit6 thank you for your work. gaia is really really a beatiful AI system. It's a shame for us but I hope you and shay (and I'm sure of this) will have a successul projects.

Thanks a lot again!!!

Bravo spirit,shay.....

If it were not for MCC i dont know where i'd be.The sheer amount of functionality included in it is mind blowing,and i know in its current state,il see much use of it down the long Arma3 road im grateful to be on.

Literaly just mucking about with it as always rite now,i spotted something since last update:

CAS bombing run/JDAM etc,make little to no sound impact with bombs(iether that or the flares SFX are overly loud haha)

I've searched in every Site on google, looked every video & tutorial to start MCC, but it wont start, 2 weeks sit i here now. Please help me to start it. Wehen i go to Editor, i dont see in the left menu a MCC or somthing. in the old version says me ever time "mcc_fnc_enex" does not exist.

To the User where can help me, i give 5€ and donate 5€ to MCC!!!!

I love what you guys have created and good luck with everything new. If you could, I have one question. What could cause the scripting in it to slow down to a crawl? It seems like when I make a mission I get a huge amount of script lag. Not sure why. I mostly mean units not moving at all, or after a while, and things like the commander console taking almost 30 seconds to fully load. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks again!

After the 1.42 update of the game,now we can use VA on vehicles,but the MCC's VA still can only be used on soilders.Would you made MCC's VA also works on vehicles in next update?

I think it would be really awesome if MCC could acquire the permission to use Vcoms driving AI and fully implement it into GAIA from the ground up (possibly increasing compatibility and perfomance). Currently GAIA uses A3 driving AI as far as I know and thus very often crashes soft vehicles such as technicals, especially on A2 maps.

I think it would be really awesome if MCC could acquire the permission to use Vcoms driving AI and fully implement it into GAIA from the ground up (possibly increasing compatibility and perfomance). Currently GAIA uses A3 driving AI as far as I know and thus very often crashes soft vehicles such as technicals, especially on A2 maps.

This would be fantastic. That's basically what I keep having trouble with. Pilots especially. Just trying to get a helicopter to land with MCC can take 10 minutes sometimes. Especially on a Arma 2 map.

Good luck Shay and Spirit... always free to drop by and have a cup of tea with the Marines.

Can someone explain the respawn system? We can't get it to work.

I've tried to set respawn points in Zeus, but they don't show up on the deploy menu. I've had players join in or reconnect and be unable to leave the deploy menu, even though a primary spawn is set. Multiple primaries seem to provide multiple spawn points, but you can't remove them later, or at least I can't figure out how. Is there any way to adjust the respawn timer or work in various drag/carry/revive scripts?

After the 1.42 update of the game,now we can use VA on vehicles,but the MCC's VA still can only be used on soilders.Would you made MCC's VA also works on vehicles in next update?

This. Before the update you could use VA when you were inside vehicles.

So does this mean MCC is dead at this point?

I don't see how it is dead. By the sounds of it it is largely no longer in development. But the mod is pretty damn flushed out and still very usable. I know my squad will continue using it.

But please Shay before you hang the boots up please make players editable in MCC Zeus mode like they are able to be modified in the normal zeus module. I mean by being able to double click on a human player and being able to edit their rank and make them a respawn location. You can do it as Zeus module but not when you log in as zeus through MCC.

I'm not entirely sure about this either, so the following is pure speculation: From what I understood both Shay and Spirit are focussing mainly on a different project, putting MCC on the back burner. I don't think they have completely closed MCC's development or it would have been announced in the OP. But most likely we will see a significant drop in update frequency as developing another game is a very time and resource intensive project. The timing of announcements doesn't fit a total shut down either as Shay posted about an upcoming version on the 13th and one day later Spirits posted about changes in MCC development.

Personally, I am very happy with the current functionality of MCC and I don't see much need for new content. However, I do hope that every now and then a refinement patch shows up to iron out existing content and squat some of the very few bugs still in the mod.

Whatever the case may be, thanks goes to Shay and Spirit for keeping MCC running as long as it did.

I am sad to read of the end of MCC. I have actively supported it over a LONG time now and it has been one of the main reasons that I love the Arma series .. being able to quickly setup a mission and have clever AI make my life interesting!

Many MANY thanks shay and spirit for developing such a powerful tool. Should a future patch kill MCC functionality, I for one will be shouting loudly. Currently there is NOTHING that BIS have that can do what MCC does.

Myself? I normally watch AI play (using MCC (especially with GAIA and bCombat active) or VTS) every day, but haven't touched Arma3 since GTA V came out.

Can someone explain the respawn system? We can't get it to work.

I've tried to set respawn points in Zeus, but they don't show up on the deploy menu. I've had players join in or reconnect and be unable to leave the deploy menu, even though a primary spawn is set. Multiple primaries seem to provide multiple spawn points, but you can't remove them later, or at least I can't figure out how. Is there any way to adjust the respawn timer or work in various drag/carry/revive scripts?

Respawn points in MCC works from the Start locations – read out more here: http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Start_Location

Basically it means that you can set a primary start location (HQ) and as many sub-start locations (FOB or Zeus respawn points). Once the primary start location has been set all players will get to the MCC's respawn menu and can choose where to spawn.

For some reason I can't make player editable in MCC's Zeus I have no idea why, I think it is related to the fact that the unit that controlling Zeus is an actual unit and not a logic.

Not dead – we just wanted to thank you all and enounce that we are focusing on something else – still if we'll find the time and motivation to deliver something new , we will.

I have an update ready to release in the upcoming days. So I can say I'll be around, just a little more.

Is there a PayPal button somewhere? I'd like to thank you guys for this incredible tool that's the number one reason why Arma gives me something new and interesting every day.