shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hello, Shay ...

I have several mods installed in ArmA 3, updated some, because of the new version of the game, including the last MCC MOD, went on to show me a "No Entry Bin \ config.bin / CfgPatches.ns" but did not know what was mod causing it, then I disabled all and went enabling one by one.

Amazingly to enable MCC this message appeared again, only I disabled the MCC r14, keeping everything else enabled, and the message stopped being displayed.

Could you help with this?

Tnx

Edited by Reluxstudio

Hey Shay. I seem to be having problems with the issuing commands. I keep having the problem of units not reacting to commands or stopping half way through. With Ground units it's not as bad but helicopters are especially bad. I can't get them to land on Unload, return to base, or use the fast ropes. They always end up just sitting in the air. I have used them as Evac and normal spawned in. I have no AI mods installed. Any help or advice would be appreciative. From anyone really.

Seriously. If anyone can help me figure out why the AI is jacked up let me know.

I go to Zeus, put down an invisible Helipad (empty, objects, signs). Make sure it's where you want it in 3 dimensions. Then add a map symbol right on top of it so yo can see it later. Then use the 2d map in mcc to add a way pt and make it a helicopter land point . I've had 100% success getting helos to land on a dime.....anything. They'll go so far as to crash.

Can you help me with fast ropes? I don't know how.

I go to Zeus, put down an invisible Helipad (empty, objects, signs). Make sure it's where you want it in 3 dimensions. Then add a map symbol right on top of it so yo can see it later. Then use the 2d map in mcc to add a way pt and make it a helicopter land point . I've had 100% success getting helos to land on a dime.....anything. They'll go so far as to crash.

Can you help me with fast ropes? I don't know how.

Dang. That is embarrassing. I should have thought of that a long time ago......... I have two things happen with the fast ropes. I am talking about with using AI as team mates. No multiplayer. 1. The chopper gets there, drops the ropes, and only my character comes out. It then just sits there. 2. The chopper gets there, drops the ropes, then nothing happens. It used to work okay before but after the update to r12 it seems busted.

Dang. That is embarrassing. I should have thought of that a long time ago......... I have two things happen with the fast ropes. I am talking about with using AI as team mates. No multiplayer. 1. The chopper gets there, drops the ropes, and only my character comes out. It then just sits there. 2. The chopper gets there, drops the ropes, then nothing happens. It used to work okay before but after the update to r12 it seems busted.

I guess I don't even know how to start using fast ropes. Can you start from the beginning?

You use the EVAC selection. Spawn a chopper of some sort. Then use the EVAC menu to select the chopper and what you want it to do. Fast Rope is one of the options. Select a spot and see what happens.

Yes, with both MCC and Task Force Radio running (plus a bunch of additional mods).

Thanks mate for you help finally got it working had to re-download mod from armaholics :) Playwithsix mcc files not working correctly.

1.42 patch does not like me at all :(

1. I am not able to see mcc in the scroll bar, I can only see mcc on editor but not on the server "with the old cba and new cba". Any ideas?

2. Placing mcc modules in editor works fine when previewing, after exporting to server you are not able to join, does the count down and hangs. Remove all modules and delete mcc_sandbox from mission.sqm and re-save and re-upload, works.

its my go to mod every time.

Is there a hotfix coming for the new CBA_A3 release Sir Shay_gman?

Cheers

Edited by deVilspaWn

I'm having an issue with MCC now as well, when I try to generate a mission, just playing solo in the editor, it pops up an error on the bottom something about positions and then gives me this readout at the end and fails to create a mission.

http://i.imgur.com/6ZcGq1W.jpg

Any idea why? I never had this problem before but I haven't played for a while until the new patch.

Thanks mate for you help finally got it working had to re-download mod from armaholics :) Playwithsix mcc files not working correctly.

1.42 patch does not like me at all :(

1. I am not able to see mcc in the scroll bar, I can only see mcc on editor but not on the server "with the old cba and new cba". Any ideas?

2. Placing mcc modules in editor works fine when previewing, after exporting to server you are not able to join, does the count down and hangs. Remove all modules and delete mcc_sandbox from mission.sqm and re-save and re-upload, works.

its my go to mod every time.

Is there a hotfix coming for the new CBA_A3 release Sir Shay_gman?

Cheers

Just a quicky. MCC is not depending on CBA.

Hi all is anyone else having this issue when you try to start a multiplayer game with MMC and RHS both running.

Did some mod testing and tried vanilla first and all good.

Enabled each mod one at a time and all work fine, even MCC 4 R14 on it own works

As soon as RHS Russian is enabled anytime you try to host a MP game it hangs the system big time.

RHS US works on its own but most of the core elements are in the Russian one.

I love MCC and it is such a great tool for mission editing but RHS is a big one too.

If i disable MCC mod and enable RHS stuff MP will work ok.

Hopefully others have had the issue and a fix can be found as soon as possible.

SteelBellyBeast

Running latest RHS 0.3.6 using the updater.

Edited by SteelBellyBeast

You use the EVAC selection. Spawn a chopper of some sort. Then use the EVAC menu to select the chopper and what you want it to do. Fast Rope is one of the options. Select a spot and see what happens.

Thanks. Looks like i have to spawn the helo using MCC evac. when i select a helo generated using Zeus there doesn't seem to be a way to select it under the "evac" drop down.

So when i spawn it using MCC and then select one WP right over top a helo landing spot it just goes there and hovers. says gulf 1 get ready to fast rope but it won't drop ropes. it just sits there.

The smoke option works great.

Edit: I got the helo to drop ropes when i hijacked the pilot and lowered it. the leader said "disembark" but noone got out.

Edit 2: I put down a invisible helo pad. then selected fast rope over that pt. when we get over the pt it drops us to the ground automatically one of us lived the other died.

I give up. the helo drops the ropes and starts to move off immediately. so if you are on the rope it's dragging you along.

Edited by Pwrmx24

Thanks. Looks like i have to spawn the helo using MCC evac. when i select a helo generated using Zeus there doesn't seem to be a way to select it under the "evac" drop down.

So when i spawn it using MCC and then select one WP right over top a helo landing spot it just goes there and hovers. says gulf 1 get ready to fast rope but it won't drop ropes. it just sits there.

The smoke option works great.

Edit: I got the helo to drop ropes when i hijacked the pilot and lowered it. the leader said "disembark" but no one got out.

Edit 2: I put down a invisible helo pad. then selected fast rope over that pt. when we get over the pt it drops us to the ground automatically one of us lived the other died.

I give up. the helo drops the ropes and starts to move off immediately. so if you are on the rope it's dragging you along.

HAHA. I've never had it drag me like that. Same problem on ropping me but no one else in my squad. I've tried it with just MCC loaded so I know it's not another mod causing the problem. If you spawn a helo in mcc, tell it to land, have you and your squad get in the tell it to drop you off via the interact keys, it gets there and immediately heads back to its spawn point. Does not even slow down. The evac selection works great for getting me to a location but then I have to tell the helo to leave because it just sits there. A pain if under fire. I wish the helo casting (thing where it hovers over water then everyone jumps out) could work on land. The chopper hovers while everyone gets out.

Shay, if you and Spirit are seeing this please let us know. I love using MCC but this basically breaking it for me.

Just tried it on its own with no other mods, the editor works fine. but on the server there is no mcc to select in the scroll bar. Anyone having same results.

Well I got a mod that does great roping but the MCC AI still cannot get to the exact spot I need it to be. Using both EVAC and spawning one with waypoints. I tried to get to a spot in a town and it got about 50 feet then just stops. Won't budge. Frustrating.

Hi all is anyone else having this issue when you try to start a multiplayer game with MMC and RHS both running.

Did some mod testing and tried vanilla first and all good.

Enabled each mod one at a time and all work fine, even MCC 4 R14 on it own works

As soon as RHS Russian is enabled anytime you try to host a MP game it hangs the system big time.

RHS US works on its own but most of the core elements are in the Russian one.

I love MCC and it is such a great tool for mission editing but RHS is a big one too.

If i disable MCC mod and enable RHS stuff MP will work ok.

Hopefully others have had the issue and a fix can be found as soon as possible.

SteelBellyBeast

Running latest RHS 0.3.6 using the updater.

I have discovered the same mate.

I have been able to resolve the previous issue I had mentioned with the scroll option not showing in mcc. Found that both Armaholic and Playwithsix latest updated mods of mcc didn't work. But used the shay_gman drop box version, which works fine :) Still yet to test if placing the mcc modules will crash with 1.42

Hey,

we just started using MCC in Arma and really like it.

Anyway, whenever we generate a mission, many doors are locked so that we can't enter buildings! Is there a way to prevent that, since it is not even possible to shoot them open >.<

Another problem we have: We can't secury HVTs! We just don't know how! Scrolling doesn't work and the MCC interaction doesn't work aswell!

Many Greetings

Moony

Edit: May AGM be the problem?!

Edited by Moon_chilD

Hey,

we just started using MCC in Arma and really like it.

Anyway, whenever we generate a mission, many doors are locked so that we can't enter buildings! Is there a way to prevent that, since it is not even possible to shoot them open >.<

Another problem we have: We can't secury HVTs! We just don't know how! Scrolling doesn't work and the MCC interaction doesn't work aswell!

Many Greetings

Moony

Edit: May AGM be the problem?!

On the bottom left of the MCC menu is a tab called brushes. Click it, select the option for unlock doors, then drag the brush over the mission area. Not sure about the HVT thing. Make sure that under mission settings you have both the interaction option and the button turned on. The mission settings is top right of the MCC menu.

If you are securing the HVT you need to bind a key for MCC interaction mention. You hold it down on the hostage and a interaction menu will open up from there you can free them and recruit them as part of your group.

Most of the time the AI are a pain the ass so we just take the HVT prisoner using the AGM zip ties and carry him to safety.

@Toby2600: So there is no other way of unlocking these doors? o.O

@Rekkless: Yeah it seems I f-ed up since I deactivated the interaction stuff on the mission...since we also use AGM. One question though: When I have the HVT (we normally use AGM too), where do I have to bring him xD?

@Toby2600: So there is no other way of unlocking these doors? o.O

@Rekkless: Yeah it seems I f-ed up since I deactivated the interaction stuff on the mission...since we also use AGM. One question though: When I have the HVT (we normally use AGM too), where do I have to bring him xD?

As far as I'm aware no.

As for the HVT, I just always return him or her to where I started out then call it mission complete. You have to use the MCC interaction to get them to surrender though. after that you can use agm to secure and move around.

@ shay_gman

I know I'm overtime but probably I've found a way to reproduce a bug that affect mission generation by MCC mission generator.

The problem is that someone it spawns some ai blufor inside the opfor area.

To reproduce the bug (at least for me is a bug because I can reproduce):

1. enter with some mates inside a server.

2. someone login to mcc console as mission maker. set the enemy skills (our clan uses 20,20,90,80). press "confirm"

3. say to some of your mates to disconnet from the server and re-enter.

4. as they came back, choose CSAT faction->mission generator-> set a good number of player (to night we tested as 16 players) so it spawns a good numbers of enemy ai.

5. after the task creations, go to the MCC console and you'll find that there are some "rectangles" in the CSAT area that the opfor will try to kill.

This is not good because sometimes the blufor stay alive and when we go near the objectives the blufor try to kill everyone, including us (we play as blufor).

If one day you'll want to make a bug fixing release, I kindly ask you if take a look to this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Interaction is not working in our MP servers but works fine in SP? Are we doing something wrong? All players that attempted it are using the MOD. This occurs on both our dedicated server and when I launch an internet server on my computer myself. Anyone know what I did? I have the most recent MCC and this wasn't an issue prior to updating. We all used to be able to get the prisoners and the files and such. Now no one can not even the person who is logged into MCC and launched the mission?

It is normal that we can't use FIA (East) in the mission generator? It says faction is empty. I also can't spawn units for this factions.

How is it supposed to be used?

Thanks!

That faction doesn't exist any longer from what I have seen. They were the original FIA but have since become BLUFOR and therefore there are no units for it to use. =/

Anyone know where to get the Tactical Video Probe? Can't find it in the empty areas. thanks.

not what you want to hear but glad someone else found the issue and its not just me :-) thanks for the info on dropbox version i will have to get it.

I have discovered the same mate.

I have been able to resolve the previous issue I had mentioned with the scroll option not showing in mcc. Found that both Armaholic and Playwithsix latest updated mods of mcc didn't work. But used the shay_gman drop box version, which works fine :) Still yet to test if placing the mcc modules will crash with 1.42