shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

First, this is the wrong place to ask - you should do it here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&highlight=mcc

Second, I've heared your request to remove MCC from the action menu - and it won't happened - no need to post everywhere. You can restrict access to MCC to specific players if you don't want all of the players to have MCC in the action menu.

Regarding the console - press P and assign yourself as the commander.

Please close this thread and ask MCC's questions in MCC thread.

thanks for help, well if you wont remove it, ill just adapt the best i can,,, if anything ARMA 3 should allow us in game to customize what we want on scroll whell action menu

A new update and announcement.

We want to thank you for the support in the MANW contest.

Me and Spirit had talked about it and we are more or less holding the same opinion. But i'll talk for myself, as Spirit will probably share his thought later.

MCC has been a nice and enjoyable ride. From ArmA 2 to this day I always enjoyed working on MCC trying to make ArmA a more accessible game over the years in a perspective way I can say "we made it".

Although I don't know if it is MCC influence over the ArmA's devs or just the set of minds that we share but at the end a lot of the things MCC thrives for have been released in ArmA vanilla. I can count some for you:

1. The new modules in the ArmA 3 editors really helped even players with zero scripting knowladge to set a decent mission.

2. Zeus - well no need to elaborate on that - we have 3D editor and real time control over the battlefield.

3. New resting system - For years (since ArmA 1) as I remember scripters and moders seems to want players to use two sets of keyboards to play ArmA - so they added key for every thing - even weapon resting. While the overall gaming genre was going into a more intuitive method - if you are going to ADS while looking on a wall you probably want to pick out and if you are shooting close to the edge of a wall you are probably resting your weapon on it. I'm glad that ArmA devs went into that way and spare us the additional key bind. I hope in times that they will change the action menu into something more intuitive like the interaction key that is context related.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling bad if I see something similar to what I've worked on released as Vanila Arma - on the contrary - I love it.

First, I don't have any claim on thoughts and ideas, and it is just logical that people will end up with similar ideas to similar problems.

Second, I start modding because I wanted to add some features that were missing from the game (from my point of view) and it brings me joy to see them as part of the game.

Regarding MANW contest:

I'll start by celebrating the winners - You deserve it, enjoy it. :yay:

I never worked for money, I did it with my heart and as a way to learn to script better. Sure the prize at the end is something to dream on but it wasn't the motivation.

In general I think BI shouldn't had turn to the MANW contest and could have find better ways to reward its community modders and scripters than a contest because the contest more then ever divided the community and achieved the opposite.

The future of MCC:

I've learned scripting at high school but my B.C is in law and business. I didn't want to end up in a cubic doing routine scripting so I turned to business school (there is no gaming industry where I live) . But I've decided that being in the finalist is good enough reassurance to start and try to turn a hobby into a career and right now i'm checking my options in the gaming industry and thinking about even starting our own project.

It means that MCC updates will be scarce but i'll try to do my best to support and help this wonderful community and game devs.

Change log r14:

- Reworked on the SQL PDA

- Fixed: Fortify on Headless client

- Fixed: Vault animations weren't global

- Added: Paramater to disable MCC's related action menu - "MCC_showActionKey" and an option in the MCC's settings module.

- Removed the weapon resting in MCC's cover system as BI implemented it in Marksman DLC.

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Don't forget to check the Wiki:

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MCCSandbox_Wiki

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

right now i'm checking my options in the gaming industry and thinking about even starting our own project.

It means that MCC updates will be scarce but i'll try to do my best to support and help this wonderful community and game devs.

All the very best for the future shay! Keep updating as and when you can. It is great to have a 'legacy'!

I hope spirit keeps going with GAIA. Amazing tool on its own. In fact a GAIA mod (not script!) that turns it on for all units in a missions would be awesome. I wanna be scared when I spawn things :)

LOL Edit ninja'd by sahbazz :)

Hi Shay.

Is there any chance you could relise GAIA as a standalone AI mod? Or at least updated GAIA script?

I think its one of the best if not THE best AI controling scripts, but it would be so much nicer/simpler if it would run as a mod.

When me and my frends played with MCC, we all admired the behaviour of AI and their flanking manevers.

Thanks fot the reply.

Edited by Sahbazz

Hi Sahbazz. Thanks for the compliment regarding GAIA; it is kinda my ballgame. I promise to deliver a mod version of it before we turn into cruising mode :)

And I will probably do some typing also ;)

Thank you shay!!!

You (and spirit6) did a great great job with MCC.

You should work for BIS so you could continue to add features to Arma, they will be ethically authorized to take your ideas into arma, you will be paid for your work... A WIN-WIN situation... I really hope it will be in this way!!!

All the best for your future!!!

About MANW there isn't much to say... If something like MCC, ALIVE or AGM don't win or go to the podium, there is something wrong... I hope they will change something to reward better the developers.

In any case.. Thank you again shay!!!!

^ +1 thanks for all your great work

I promise to deliver a mod version of it before we turn into cruising mode :)

Can we haz it NAOW ? Just kidding mate :)

MCC / Alive has done more for ARMA then Bohemia had done in all their DLC

MCC creators are the true winners here

the contest was a sham

Omg. Imho it would be a shame if a mod without clear scope or boundaries would win any contest...

I'm waiting for GAIA standalone so I can get rid of the rest of MCC.

Omg. Imho it would be a shame if a mod without clear scope or boundaries would win any contest...

I'm waiting for GAIA standalone so I can get rid of the rest of MCC.

Jesus ... either your English skill are very weak or you have got some brass neck there mate. If you have nothing good to say then shut it (or at least have the decency to leave the thread).

Excuse me, I thought this would be a place to discuss and share opinions. My bad. I'll leave your place of worship.

Hey Shay. I seem to be having problems with the issuing commands. I keep having the problem of units not reacting to commands or stopping half way through. With Ground units it's not as bad but helicopters are especially bad. I can't get them to land on Unload, return to base, or use the fast ropes. They always end up just sitting in the air. I have used them as Evac and normal spawned in. I have no AI mods installed. Any help or advice would be appreciative. From anyone really.

Seriously. If anyone can help me figure out why the AI is jacked up let me know.

Edited by Toby2600

There is a github with issue tracker but we are quite used to people just typing over here, I suggest you do the same.

Hi Spirit,

Sorry for the long reply time, things were quite busy in RL as of late. Congrats on the latest update btw.

Here are three of my personal sore spots with MCC I'd like to see addressed if possible:

Weather Sync: Currently weather always has to sync with all clients when players join the server. Unfortunately it often won't sync the same conditions for JIP players as for those that were on the server when the mission was loaded from the MCC profile. Is it possible to add the MCC dynamic weather / syncing to the functions that can be disabled via the init file of MCC? Similar to how mission makers can disable MCC interaction, survival and other aspects of the mod?

"Disable Respawn" Button: As far as I know (could be totally wrong though) there is no way of reverting the disabling of respawns once that button has been pressed. This lead to a couple of events where an MCC misclicked and the entire mission had to be restarted as we play coop with respawns and pvp without respawns. Especially its current position between the "Mission Settings" and "Set Weather" button makes it easy to be clicked by accident. Solution would be to either make the "Disable Respawns" reversable or add a warning layer on top of the button, e.g. you hit "Disable Respawns" and two other buttons appear asking "Do you really want to disable respawns? Yes or No".

Custom Groups: Currently it is possible to create custom groups with MCC to spawn in any future mission, which is simply amazeballs! Question, is it possible to create some sort of "Extract Profile" button whereas custom groups and FOBs can be extracted as a profile file and sent to other mission makers? Currently I've made specific group sizes for various factions, but if I'd like other members of the mission making team to use the same custom groups all of them have to recreate each custom group themselves. That leaves large space for human errors and would be a lot easier to handle if I could copy paste share my group and FOB sets.

Hope this feedback helps you and Shay for future MCC versions.

Excuse me, I thought this would be a place to discuss and share opinions. My bad. I'll leave your place of worship.

Perhaps if you had done either of those things....

Posted on Taskforce Radio topic too...

Anyone else having a problem with using task_force_radio with mcc together after the latest patch? I am not able to use both at the same time on my dedicated server "startup line". I can only use one or the other. Both enabled just hangs on black screen.

mod=@cba_a3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@task_force_radio

Edited by deVilspaWn

Is there a quick way to populate a zone (town) with civilians and civilian traffic, with MCC?

@deVilspaWn: works fine at my server. I'm using the latest MCC version but haven't updated CBA yet because it's marked as alpha.

@deVilspaWn: works fine at my server. I'm using the latest MCC version but haven't updated CBA yet because it's marked as alpha.

with both? it worked lastnight fine only till the new patch

Yes, with both MCC and Task Force Radio running (plus a bunch of additional mods).