shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hey shay_gman, a few quick questions if you don't mind answering?

I've searched the thread but can't find what I'm looking for.

Firstly, can planes be used the same way as CAS helicopters? i.e. placed on a runway to wait for CAS requests before returning/landing?

I've copied the same init line as the attack helicopter but the plane doesn't take off or react to the Gaia command, it just starts rolling forward on the ground until it hits something.

I know about spawning a plane in the air straight away using MCC but my question is if I want to place the unit in the BIS editor beforehand or use the standalone Gaia script.

Edited by Gepanzert-Faust

I have an issue with the latest version, whenever I open a mission and have MCC activated it will automatically spawn units no matter what. Does anyone know how to fix this?

hello Shay, your MCC project is fantastic and I'm enjoying my first experiences with it.

I've been working on getting a server I'm renting up and running, and so far MCC 4 seems to be working just fine on it -- however, the main issue we have currently is no matter what we've tried so far, we can't ever seem to get a mission to generate. We will plan it out and pick our desired parameters/options and tell it to generate, but it will stay in 'generating mission' forever until we either Mission Success or Mission Fail and conclude the mission.

And I apologize if this issue has been solved, im still searching through 350+ pages of this thread...

Hello

Is there in MCC possibility to move/rotate placed objects by MCC not using Zeus? Example - I placed few objects by MCC then I placed few objects by ZEUS then I returned to MCC and I want to edit position for any of this objects?

Tjis mod has helped the unit I'm in, helping us create real live scenarios inside a virtual game, Mind=Blown

Hi All

I've been Having trouble translating MCC produced structures and bases (made with MCC 3D editor an Zeus in MCC) to SQF (for use in the Arma 3 main editor). When I log in to the SQF mission my perfectly aligned structures and fortifications suddenly turn to shit! They look like they've been "rebuilt" but with "terrain alignment" on so although the positions are -ok(ish) the angles are all crazy.

I haven't found any details about any one else having this happen, is it a known bug, or am I just special?

MuD

Edited by mudpi
ughhhh wrong forum

Hi All

I've been Having trouble translating MCC produced structures and bases (made with MCC 3D editor an Zeus in MCC) to SQF (for use in the Arma 3 main editor). When I log in to the SQF mission my perfectly aligned structures and fortifications suddenly turn to shit! They look like they've been "rebuilt" but with "terrain alignment" on so although the positions are -ok(ish) the angles are all crazy.

I haven't found any details about any one else having this happen, is it a known bug, or am I just special?

MuD

Is there any way that I can use the 2d mission editor to place units and then set a command in their Init to make them Gaia on start? If so, I'm also presuming part of that answer will involve setting them to 'fortify' or some other behavior?

Hi guys been a while.

New update:

Change log r13:

Engine:

- Added: MCC Zeus will automatically detect and load addons.

- Added: "Don't show in the future" option for the EOD and SF messages.

- Added: Save to MCC (profile or clipboard) will save missions' settings.

- Added: Unlock all doors brush.

- Added: MCC Templates to AiA maps.

- Fixed: Restricting MCC access via Access Module or via inidb server_misc file didn't worked well.

- Fixed: After respawning player stuck inside the start location building.

- Fixed: Game crush after key binds.

- Fixed: Combo box pictures in MCC and VAS listbox appears black.

- Fixed: Respawning without weapons.

- Fixed: Ambush group arrow directing was 90 degrees off.

- Fixed: "Add Cargo Units" and "Add Crew (UAV)" vehicle's presets run on all clients instead of only on the server

- Fixed: Airdrop run on all clients instead only on the server - duplicated air drops.

- Fixed: While spawning a group of vehicles AI switching vehicles and disembarking

Interaction:

- Added: Attaching explosives charges and satchels to vehicles while using the MCC's weapons key binds - press left mouse button while holding the explosives and close to a vehicle.

- Fixed: Disabling MCC's interaction doesn't disable MCC self interaction.

- Fixed: MCC's interaction was working by default in the mod version - now requires to be turned on from the settings module.

- Fixed: MCC's door breaching charges where not placed close enough to the door.

- changed: Alternate action (cycling between grenades throws or detonating explosives) changed to use default action key - by default middle mouse button.

Artillery:

- Added: Access the MCC's artillery computer from any artillery piece that have computer enable in it's config by using MCC's interaction key while inside.

- Fixed: Laser designated artillery in the commander console didn't worked well.

Evac:

- Added: Evac helicopter can be edited with Zeus so you can make it invincible.

Medical system:

- Added:MCC Medical items box

- Added: MCC Tactical items box

- Added: MCC Misc items box

- Changed: While unconscious- "time remains" text has been changed to blood pressure bar.

- Fixed: Sometimes player stay standing while unconscious.

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Edited by shay_gman

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the update Shay, It's been great playing around with the new features.

But I do have to report a bug. When using the Settings MCC module in the editor if you have 'Save Gear' set to yes as a default setting all players will initially spawn with no weapons.

I can't confirm if this still happens if the default is set to NO and the Game Master sets it to Yes once in game and someone JIP. But I imagine it would.

The save gear feature now seems to work fine regardless of how you die which is great. Just the initial spawn you will spawn with no weapon.

Cool updates as usual can you maybe make it so that we can set a convoy mission ?

Thanks for update guys.

I read the change notes,is there a medical system in place(as in revivable player/AI?)

Thanks for the update Shay, It's been great playing around with the new features.

But I do have to report a bug. When using the Settings MCC module in the editor if you have 'Save Gear' set to yes as a default setting all players will initially spawn with no weapons.

I can't confirm if this still happens if the default is set to NO and the Game Master sets it to Yes once in game and someone JIP. But I imagine it would.

The save gear feature now seems to work fine regardless of how you die which is great. Just the initial spawn you will spawn with no weapon.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Cool updates as usual can you maybe make it so that we can set a convoy mission ?

You can set a convoy mission manually just not from the mission generator – AI in ArmA are un reliable to count on them on procedural generator mission.

Thanks for update guys.

I read the change notes,is there a medical system in place(as in revivable player/AI?)

Yes since a one or two updates ago. It will effect AI and player – AI will sometimes die and sometimes just knock down which will requires the player to coup de grace them.

Basically the medic system is around blood level – once you lose enough blood you'll die – and while bleeding the player will suffer blood loos effects: from blurry vision, to fading in and out.

Units will generate blood over time or can be helped by saline transfusions.

The system isn't too complex (I don't like too many displays and keys) but will requires teamwork and a bit more planning than the vanilla one.

You can choose If you want the complex medic system which will requires bandages, epipens, saline bags and first aid kit or to go with the non-complex which will use only FAIK and medikits.

What if I am using the medical system of AGM. Can I disable the MCC one? Fantastic work you did btw. :)

Cheers chris

What if I am using the medical system of AGM. Can I disable the MCC one? Fantastic work you did btw. :)

Cheers chris

If you haven't enabled MCC medical system you won't know it is even there.

shay_gman is there any commands which can be added to unit's init in the editor to make them start as gaia?

First off thanks for the brilliant mod Shay & spirit. I am new to Arma and mission making/editing and have found it to be a great learning tool as well as fun to play around with.

Being new to most of this I of course have some issues :( I have been able to save custom base composistions to SQM, reload them in to a new map and everything works great !

But wen it comes to saving the Base comp And a generated mission to SQM, upon loading said mission after copying and replacing mission.sqm text I recieve this message followed by a crash to desktop "missions\test.Altis.sqm,line 51:config: End of line encountered after this setVariable',[west,east,resistance,civilian]];[this,'RscAttributeTaskDescripti"

Over the last 2 days I have searched this thread(yes all 300+) pages looking for answers before I posted. Any help on this would be fantastic Here is the sqm text. Thanks in advance! Herswe is the line in question

init="this setVariable ['RscAttributeOwners',[west,east,resistance,civilian]];[this,'RscAttributeTaskDescription',['Task: Rescue Corporal George Snowe. <br/><br/>Last night Corporal George Snowe was captured by enemy forces operating in the area.<br/>According to intel from a local informant we believe that he is held captive around here.<br/>Find Corporal George Snowe and bring him home.

','Objective 1: Rescue Corporal George Snowe','Objective 1: Rescue Corporal George Snowe']] call bis_fnc_setServerVariable;this setVariable ['RscAttributeTaskState','created'];this setVariable ['RscAttributeTaskDestination',0];this setVariable ['customTask','Secure_HVT'];[this] spawn MCC_fnc_customTasks;0 = this spawn {waituntil {!isnil 'MCC_objectUnits_6'};_this setVariable ['bis_fnc_curatorAttachObject_object',MCC_objectUnits_6];_this setVariable ['updated',true]};";

Shay thanks so much for the editable Evac Helicopter. MCC is the best for helicopter transport and now I can make the chopper invincible! Thanks Again!

Hey Shay_Gman!

Regarding the ILS module, I'm trying to set it up on a carrier (Nimitz) and the glideslope dives in the water.. It seems the module takes as Z reference the local ATL 0m which in the case of a ship is the bottom os the sea. Is there anyway to make it point a spot in a given elevation? The deck of the Nimitz is roughly 17m ASL.