shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi there dragonsyr,

i also tried yesterday your old post. I only posted it into my init.sqf file without a trigger.

And it worked okay. Tested also then in Vanilla Arma 3 and different Profile to make sure it works.

But maybe i do it again with this update you just posted.

But thanks anyway was still a missing piece how to restrict it correctly :)

And for the rest of the guys on here, I hope you win the big price with that Sandbox, great mod.. keep it up :)

Thanks dragonsyr.. MCC stops working .. Thanks again for your help... :yay:

Edited by H-Singh

Where is the console? And for some reason I cannot choose the helicopter for my evac, any idea how can I fix that?

Is there a way to spawn AI directly onto a headless client from the Mission Generator and for the Occupy Zone functionality? I wrote a script that every minute will pass any AI units on the server to the HC while preserving waypoints but the units seem to just stop cold after the hand-off. Passing these "stopped" AI to GAIA results in GAIA assigning new waypoints but the AI will not move to perform them. They will however react to enemies so they do retain some functionality. Using the Spawn functionality in a zone while selecting Headless Client for location appears to work well. Overall, awesome work and thank you! Best of luck with Make Arma Not War!

Hi there dragonsyr,

i also tried yesterday your old post. I only posted it into my init.sqf file without a trigger.

And it worked okay. Tested also then in Vanilla Arma 3 and different Profile to make sure it works.

But maybe i do it again with this update you just posted.

But thanks anyway was still a missing piece how to restrict it correctly :)

And for the rest of the guys on here, I hope you win the big price with that Sandbox, great mod.. keep it up :)

i m glad that help you guys....

now i think that if you use it only in your init , when you respawn without the trigger, then on respawn you get the mcc console again (and you dont need that) u can try and see .

if i remember right i use the trigger for this reason .(is for use on dedicated server with jip enabled and respawns)

tell us your results .

Is there a way to spawn AI directly onto a headless client from the Mission Generator and for the Occupy Zone functionality? I wrote a script that every minute will pass any AI units on the server to the HC while preserving waypoints but the units seem to just stop cold after the hand-off. Passing these "stopped" AI to GAIA results in GAIA assigning new waypoints but the AI will not move to perform them. They will however react to enemies so they do retain some functionality. Using the Spawn functionality in a zone while selecting Headless Client for location appears to work well. Overall, awesome work and thank you! Best of luck with Make Arma Not War!

Looks like the AI "stopping" is a known issue that should be fixed in the next Arma 3 update. The other questions still stand regarding spawning directly onto the Headless Client with the Mission Generator and Occupy Zone functionality.

Thanks again!!

Hello i have a question!

on some maps, the mcc zeus comes with modded stuff, like the RHS units and vehicles, and on some map it does not.

Is there a way to enable these mod units to the mcc zeus for maps that dont have it?

First time using MCC, but it's been awesome so far, great stuff!

One quick question, is there a way to disable the MCC Edit interface for units in Zeus? If you have the debug/admin option on, normally you can double click on a unit to get the command line in order to easily execute scripts on that specific unit, but with MCC it opens the custom mcc edit window, where there are presets instead. Which are often very handy, but it does mean there's no way to use the normal script command dialog.

What's also weird is I haven't been able to figure out it normally comes up, sometimes double clicking on a unit in Zeus opens the normal window, and sometimes the MCC version, I haven't been able to find a way to get it to reliably one or the other. Can anyone shed any light on how this works?

Bumping this, anyone have any advice or insights into this? After a few weeks of using MCC, i still can't make this work in a reliable way. Most of the times it's fine, but there's some differences i've noticed to how scripts are handled in each input windows (the default zeus/admin one and the mcc one), and it doesn't let you edit the contents of item boxes when it comes up.

i m glad that help you guys....

now i think that if you use it only in your init , when you respawn without the trigger, then on respawn you get the mcc console again (and you dont need that) u can try and see .

if i remember right i use the trigger for this reason .(is for use on dedicated server with jip enabled and respawns)

tell us your results .

Ah yes i see the problem, but unfortunately also the trigger did not help on a dedicated server now.

I have strange condition now, in local it works until i respawn. On dedicated Server it does not seem to work at all.

But i must admit i use INS_revive as a revive and respawn script. Probably it has to do with that one.

Need more testing i think. But should be on the right way.

When I make a mission with mcc4 and get everything finalized and get friends in to play it and they cant play it cause they need mcc4 to even join the server. Wondering how do I fix this so all 15+ doesnt have to download this mod to play my mission. They are getting the error cannot play this mission deleted.mcc_sandbox thanks

Edited by TATERx

Maybe already asked before but, why are the helicopter evac gunners not use their guns. They only aiming

Noob questions - 1)have been using this for sometime and everytime I call in a Evac Helicopters they just sit on the ground even when I set it to hover at 100m? what am I doing wrong? - also even when sitting on the ground and I get in I can't command the pilot to go anywhere (note I gave the ALIVE mod installed)

2)How does this work with the US helicopters pack(HAFM)? - does it use its won helicopters or can you call in a helo from the HAFM pack to do CAS? - also how can you call in CAS using A10's?

UPDATE:Also since installing the Aggressor mod(this is the only change made to my setup so assume it could be related) don't seem to be able to select the helicopter type (such as AH64 or MH60) from the main MCC menu when I try and call in CAS?

Edited by mac1

Hello there. I've been dabbling with MCC4 and I'm very intrigued, having gone through DUWS, WLA, and ALiVE with ambivalence.

Fresh as I am though, and currently focusing on single player/low player count co-op, I have a question:

Does MCC4 provide a quick and painless way of spawning AI squadmates for players? So far, I've used one of two workarounds, creating them and then adding them to the player via the MCC interface, which is subject to a number of inconveniences (for one, I've only ever been able to do it one at a time despite selecting several units), or via ZEUS by means of scripts (which also has to be done on a one-by-one-basis as far as I know). I have no idea how the 3D editor works but I don't think it's worth figuring out.

Additional question: When generating an easy mission for 1 player, the mission generator tends to throw quite a lot at you. Is it balanced for literally one soldier or for one human player with a retinue? On the flipside, it's very lenient when generating for 10 players.

Shay or Spirit,

Realized I to create a mission with the MCC often the goals start already completed, it happens several times and in all types of goal.

Another thing, on the job settings, there are a number of different modes, random, clear area among others, to select a specific than random, the MCC does not comply with the choice made, choose Clear Area MCC puts anything except that selected.

I also noticed that the aggressiveness of the enemy, now, it seems that no longer fits because I select aggressive mode and yet they seem to be in recruit mode.

Could help it?

I've been getting this error when I've been using MCC to export a mission sqm. I pasted from my clipboard into the mission.sqm and when I try loading the file I get this error.

wYf5PHp.png

The sqm code:

version=12;
class Mission
{
   addOns[] = {}; 
   addOnsAuto[] = {}; 
   randomSeed = 20907.3;
   class Intel   
   {             
       resistanceWest=1;
       resistanceEast=0;
       startWeather=0.3;
       startFog=0;
       startWind=0.3;
       startWindDir=240.762;
       startRain=0;
       startLightnings=0.00321314;
       startWaves=0.1;
       startGust=0.21;
       forecastWeather=0.3;
       forecastWind=0.3;
       forecastWaves=0.1;
       rainForced=1;
       lightningsForced=1;
       wavesForced=1;
       windForced=1;
       year=2035;
       month=7;
       day=6;
       hour=12;
       minute=0;
       startFogDecay=0.0049333;
       forecastFogDecay=0.0049333;
   };           
   class Groups
   {
       items= 2;
       class Item0
       {
             side= "WEST";
             class Vehicles
             {
                  items=2;
                  class Item0
                  {
                      position[]={2036.67,0.00143242,5579.83};
                      azimut=84.5289;
                      id=0;
                      side= "WEST";
                      vehicle="CORX_3CDesert_R";
                      leader=1;
                      rank=PRIVATE;
                      skill=1;
                      health=1;
                      fuel=1;
                      offsetY=0.0014329;
                 };
                  class Item1
                  {
                      position[]={2041.06,0.00144529,5574.21};
                      azimut=60.3212;
                      id=1;
                      side= "WEST";
                      vehicle="ACC_Soldier_D";
                      rank=PRIVATE;
                      skill=0.804478;
                      health=1;
                      fuel=1;
                      offsetY=0.00144529;
                 };
             };
        };
       class Item1
       {
             side= "CIV";
             class Vehicles
             {
                  items=1;
                  class Item0
                  {
                      position[]={2050.5,0.00122309,5585.5};
                      azimut=0;
                      id=2;
                      side= "CIV";
                      vehicle="C_man_1";
                      leader=1;
                      rank=PRIVATE;
                      skill=0.5;
                      health=1;
                      fuel=1;
                      offsetY=0.00122309;
                 };
             };
        };
   };
   class Vehicles
   {
       items= 5;
       class Item0
       {
            position[]={2037.49,0.191715,5588.07};
            azimut=226.928;
            id=3;
            side= "EMPTY";
            vehicle="FxWindGrass2";
            skill=0.6;
            offsetY=0.460296;
       };
       class Item1
       {
            position[]={2034.17,0.567202,5593.18};
            azimut=110.177;
            id=4;
            side= "EMPTY";
            vehicle="FxWindPollen1";
            skill=0.6;
            offsetY=0.466904;
       };
       class Item2
       {
            position[]={2040.5,0.546004,5585.28};
            azimut=183.525;
            id=5;
            side= "EMPTY";
            vehicle="FxWindPollen1";
            skill=0.6;
            offsetY=0.424196;
       };
       class Item3
       {
            position[]={2042.17,0.548075,5588.7};
            azimut=86.9155;
            id=6;
            side= "EMPTY";
            vehicle="FxWindPollen1";
            skill=0.6;
            offsetY=0.47434;
       };
       class Item4
       {
            position[]={2050.64,1.09888,5581.98};
            azimut=310.964;
            id=7;
            side= "EMPTY";
            vehicle="FxWindPollen1";
            skill=0.6;
            offsetY=0.967614;
       };
   };
   class Sensors   
   {             
       items= 5;
       class Item0
       {
            position[]={0,0.28271,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="call cba_common_fnc_monitorFrameRender";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item1
       {
            position[]={0,0.25539,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="if ((cba_events_keypressed + 10) < time) then { call cba_events_fnc_attach_handler }";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item2
       {
            position[]={0,0.25539,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="ANY";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="call acre_sys_sync_fnc_perFrame_monitorFrameRender";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item3
       {
            position[]={0,0.324795,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="
{
_activated = false;
if !([_x] call cse_fnc_checkIEDActivated_IEDS) then {
{
if ([_x] call cse_fnc_checkIEDActivated_IEDS) exitwith { _activated = true;};
}foreach (_x getvariable ['cse_iedCollection', []]);
} else {
_activated = true;
};
if (_activated) exitwith {
CSE_MASTER_IED_COLLECTION deleteAt _foreachIndex;
};
false;
}count CSE_MASTER_IED_COLLECTION;

false;";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item4
       {
            position[]={0,0.202222,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="
{
_activated = false;
if ([_X] call cse_fnc_checkPressurePlateActivated_IEDS) then {
_activated = true;
[_x] call cse_fnc_onIEDActivated_IEDS;
};
if (_activated || isNull _x) exitwith {
CSE_PLAYER_PLACED_PRESSURE_IEDS_IEDS deleteAt _foreachIndex;
};
false;
}count CSE_PLAYER_PLACED_PRESSURE_IEDS_IEDS;
";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
   };             
};
class Intro {
   addOns[] = {}; 
   addOnsAuto[] = {}; 
   randomSeed = 20907.3;
   class Intel {}; 
};
class OutroWin {
   addOns[] = {}; 
   addOnsAuto[] = {}; 
   randomSeed = 20907.3;
   class Intel {}; 
};
class OutroLoose {
   addOns[] = {}; 
   addOnsAuto[] = {}; 
   randomSeed = 20907.3;
   class Intel {}; 
};

Hello there. I've been dabbling with MCC4 and I'm very intrigued, having gone through DUWS, WLA, and ALiVE with ambivalence.

Fresh as I am though, and currently focusing on single player/low player count co-op, I have a question:

Does MCC4 provide a quick and painless way of spawning AI squadmates for players? So far, I've used one of two workarounds, creating them and then adding them to the player via the MCC interface, which is subject to a number of inconveniences (for one, I've only ever been able to do it one at a time despite selecting several units), or via ZEUS by means of scripts (which also has to be done on a one-by-one-basis as far as I know). I have no idea how the 3D editor works but I don't think it's worth figuring out.

Additional question: When generating an easy mission for 1 player, the mission generator tends to throw quite a lot at you. Is it balanced for literally one soldier or for one human player with a retinue? On the flipside, it's very lenient when generating for 10 players.

Tokei, actually the 3D editor is the best thing for spawning AI squadmates and getting them to join the player. You get in it going into mcc and then alt + click on mcc map with left mouse button. then press x. it will open a menu and you can select units, default is infantry. there's a drop list that you can add a join player command. once you have your selections click close in the menu and then just hit space bar to spawn the guys next to you. Or hold ctrl + space bar to spawn multiple guys. they'll join you automatically. I actually came up with a way to spawn them in super mode with god, unl ammo, and unl stamina.

So, I was playing the ArmA 3 Adapt Campaign with MCC like I normally do. However, I had updated my copy. I have tried to keep this as spoiler free as possible, but a very minor campaign mission spoiler and my issue is in the spoiler tags.

When I was on the second mission of the adapt campaign, shortly after I spawn in, one of the guys I was with ended up being held prisoner by someone saying something like, "Why don't you stop moving and shut the fuck up". This ended up breaking the mission, preventing me from progressing due to him not moving. I even tried teleporting him.

I have never had problems with MCC in the campaign before, so I am wondering what could have broken. Also, I was playing multiplayer with a couple people a few weeks ago, and this started getting spouted off randomly. Anyone have a fix for this? I like to be able to spawn stuff in and have an automatic pop out of cover.

So I was busy getting merried and such so it is time to go back for work :)

I'm still looking for a nice clan/squad that are European based and using MCC regularly to play with and to do some testing so if you know of any - please let me know.

somehow on my dedicated using evac fast rope simply thows everyone out of the helicopter without spawning the ropes.

In local MP everything works fine, but using it on the dedicated I get this in the .rpt (seems like _rope and _x don't get their values as they should):

You'll need the helicopter dlc installed to enjoy the fast rope - you don't need to purchase it only installing it so you'll have the new physics rope vehicle class.

Is it me or EVAC works randomly? From the wikia:

But it happens in less than half the time:/ I don't know why, is it any strictly procedure to successfully perform quick extraction?

Also, what should I do to activate changing throwing grenades modes? Right button doesn't seem to be working as excepted. It only does zoom for split second but mode stays the same.

Free landing evac is controlled by ArmA AI so it is up to the AI to find a safe spot to land - so pick a decent place for this or use another insertion such as fast ropes.

The grenade changing is bind to the "hold breath/zoom" key binds - find out which key you have bind to it and use it to cycle between grenades.

When i try to reconfigure keybindings whole A3 freeze and after half a minute quit into desktop (OS is responsible). It usually happen when i try to use as a key "del" or "backspace". Sometimes when i binding some key to "open mcc" rest of keys are cleaned. It happen during MP and making mission in editor.

Best is to avoid using this keys - it is probably a locality keyboard issue.

could someone help please?

MCC should work on any map the same way(mod version) - can you share more info please.

Hello everyone,

I understand that the survival system is still WIP as of right now but wanted to see if there is any documentation regarding the game mode?

One of the game types that my group is a big fan of is the resistance. We start with the bare bones (pistol with a few mags, maybe an old lee enfield or hunting rifle). From our hidden outpost we conduct raids and scavenge for additional weapons, ammo and supplies to continue our resistance and allow us to hit harder targets. As mission maker I use mainly use alive to conduct the initial ambient forces while using MCC for more detailed encounters.

Unfortunately right now one of my biggest problems hampering a great experience is the lack of random ammo caches and supplies that I can have my group find. Having to individually craft and customize every supply location not only is time consuming but throws off my own gameplay since I know where I have placed all the supplies already.

I just have several questions about survival to see how we can incorporate it into our mission:

I haven't been able to actually find any resources/supplies when I have enabled survival mode in MCC Mission Settings. I wanted to ask if the mission setting is just a placeholder until a future update or if I am missing something that is preventing the resources from survival to spawn.

If the resources are enabled to spawn, how do they work? Can I modify any settings?

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

The good news is that we are working on the same goals.

You'll need to have inidbi mod running on the server for the survival and then by using the interaction key (holding it) over map objects such as wrecks, trash cans exc on the map the unit will start looking for something to scavenge - the items/weapons drops are randomly from the addons that the server is running.

Then you can turn in the items that you have scavenged to the HQ shared box (just a box next to the HQ - start location).

When a player turns in items he gets valor points that he can spend by taking items from the shared box - the catch is that it costs more valor points to get an item then you'll get from giving an item - so you'll need to contribute to the community more then you can take from it.

For example: You have found 4 sniper rounds mags you'll turn them in for 2 5.56mm rounds because you are using an assault rifle but the sniper in your group will need to give 6 5.56mm or equivalent items to get this 4 mags - hope it is clear.

By turning in items you'll also give resources to the group as turning in fuel cans will increase the fuel resources and turning in mags will increase the ammo resources then later the commander can use to build new structures or upgrading them - WIP the rts elements in the commander menu.

Hey there,

I downloaded MCC 4 and extract it to my Arma3 folder.

When I start Arma 3 Editor, and scroll to the MCC the MCC Windows is opening but when I click on the Log In Button nothing happend.

You'll need MCC to run on the server or just make sure ArmA and MCC are up to date.

Hi,

Is there any way to add custom objects (from addons) to the 3d MCC editor?

MCC should automatically load addons objects if it isn't the case with some addons let me know and i'll check it out.

Is there a way to add an exact altitude to waypoints for AI pilots using MCC?

Forgive me if I'm missing something blindingly obvious!

Nope there isn't but you can use the evac option to ask an helicopter to hover on a certain height.

How can I disable mcc in mp coop mode without using MCC restriction Module ???

You can just log in and then no one else can log in or you can disable it on the server side by using the persistent data base (you'll need inidbi addon running on the server) and then edit the SERVER_misc.ini file and add the playersUID that you want to have access to MCC on the server.

Another questions:

- is it possible to teleport other player to specific location? When i try to do it i recieve message "soldier2_teleported" and nothing happen;

- is it possible to remove zone? I try to use delete key, brush, curses, begs but nothing happen;

- how to remove saved mcc mission data from profile list?

- Yes but the other player should run MCC or it won't effect it.

- No you can't delete zone but you can re-use it.

- Just overwrite the saved MCC mission with a new save you don't really need to delete it.

Hi MCC devs,

Just to report an annoying issue we have randomly.

We use regularly the mission generator in our match (Coop mode)

The problem is that sometimes the generator seems to fail to create all the units (for example "player" setting set to 15 and spawned less than 20 units, both with CQB enabled) and all the units are still in the spawned position, they have the G beside the unit name but it seems that GAIA is not initialized or it hasn't any units in control.

We'll need more info to fix it as I can't reproduce it on my side.

hi

real quick . i placed the mcc access rights module synced it , but still everyone is able to launch mcc via dropdown?

using the mod version btw

(hosted game no server)

thx

Access module is a bit buggy at the time we'll release an update soon - if you are using inidbi edit the server_misc file and remove the "all" from the allowed players.

Where is the console? And for some reason I cannot choose the helicopter for my evac, any idea how can I fix that?

The console is no longer an item. You'll need to log in as the commander to have access to it - press the P key by default to open the squad menu and press "take commander" button.

No there isn't. But spirit is working on auto balance for HC and i'll add an option to the Mission Generator to spawn on HC.

Bumping this, anyone have any advice or insights into this? After a few weeks of using MCC, i still can't make this work in a reliable way. Most of the times it's fine, but there's some differences i've noticed to how scripts are handled in each input windows (the default zeus/admin one and the mcc one), and it doesn't let you edit the contents of item boxes when it comes up.

I don't have any idea what are you talking about - editing a unit with Zeus doesn't gave me any option to put custom code in it - are you sure you are not using another mod?

BTW you can just place your code in the MCC zeus init area while double clicking on a unit just like you do in the editor - just use "_this" instead of "this" while referring to the unit.

When I make a mission with mcc4 and get everything finalized and get friends in to play it and they cant play it cause they need mcc4 to even join the server. Wondering how do I fix this so all 15+ doesnt have to download this mod to play my mission. They are getting the error cannot play this mission deleted.mcc_sandbox thanks

Yeah this is how addons works in ArmA - all clients and server should run MCC.

Maybe already asked before but, why are the helicopter evac gunners not use their guns. They only aiming

No idea - i'll check it out.

Noob questions - 1)have been using this for sometime and everytime I call in a Evac Helicopters they just sit on the ground even when I set it to hover at 100m? what am I doing wrong? - also even when sitting on the ground and I get in I can't command the pilot to go anywhere (note I gave the ALIVE mod installed)

2)How does this work with the US helicopters pack(HAFM)? - does it use its won helicopters or can you call in a helo from the HAFM pack to do CAS? - also how can you call in CAS using A10's?

UPDATE:Also since installing the Aggressor mod(this is the only change made to my setup so assume it could be related) don't seem to be able to select the helicopter type (such as AH64 or MH60) from the main MCC menu when I try and call in CAS?

Try testing it without any mods first so we'll know it is MCC related.

When dealing with less then 5 players you'll have hard time notice the amount of enemies MCC dropped in while using the mission gen.

Shay or Spirit,

Realized I to create a mission with the MCC often the goals start already completed, it happens several times and in all types of goal.

Another thing, on the job settings, there are a number of different modes, random, clear area among others, to select a specific than random, the MCC does not comply with the choice made, choose Clear Area MCC puts anything except that selected.

I also noticed that the aggressiveness of the enemy, now, it seems that no longer fits because I select aggressive mode and yet they seem to be in recruit mode.

Could help it?

We'll need more info to reproduce it - try to narrow when it is happening as it to random to pinpoint the cause.

I've been getting this error when I've been using MCC to export a mission sqm. I pasted from my clipboard into the mission.sqm and when I try loading the file I get this error.

The trigger syntax got fubar - while MCC can save mission to sqm adding to many syntax variation in triggers and init can confuse it and make a syntax error.

You can try to fix it manually by going over the syntax of the trigger after the expCond or just avoiding it and adding the triggers later on the ArmA editor.

So, I was playing the ArmA 3 Adapt Campaign with MCC like I normally do. However, I had updated my copy. I have tried to keep this as spoiler free as possible, but a very minor campaign mission spoiler and my issue is in the spoiler tags. I have never had problems with MCC in the campaign before, so I am wondering what could have broken. Also, I was playing multiplayer with a couple people a few weeks ago, and this started getting spouted off randomly. Anyone have a fix for this? I like to be able to spawn stuff in and have an automatic pop out of cover.

While using the interaction key on a civilian or enemy unit your unit might shout on them to surrender and they might actually do that- this is part of the interaction menu.

What would you like to see more from MCC?

I'd like to see more focus on mission control. How exactly do a custom interaction menu, a Squad Leader PDA and a key to make enemy AI surrender fit into a mod called Mission Control Center? Seriously, when this interaction key was introduced by an MCC update, people randomly yelled (sometimes during stealth missions...) because they didn't realize that MCC suddenly had this feature bound to a key used by many players for other things.

So please stop overloading this great mod with unnecessary features, before it becomes completely unusable. Focus on mission control. If you really want to improve general things or create fancy features, put them into a separate mod or join one of the existing enhancement-mod teams (like AGM or CME).

I'd like to see more focus on mission control. How exactly do a custom interaction menu, a Squad Leader PDA and a key to make enemy AI surrender fit into a mod called Mission Control Center? Seriously, when this interaction key was introduced by an MCC update, people randomly yelled (sometimes during stealth missions...) because they didn't realize that MCC suddenly had this feature bound to a key used by many players for other things.

So please stop overloading this great mod with unnecessary features, before it becomes completely unusable. Focus on mission control. If you really want to improve general things or create fancy features, put them into a separate mod or join one of the existing enhancement-mod teams (like AGM or CME).

You are late to jump on the runt wagon... that was a month ago.

It will be better if you skip a few pages into the past and see my response, but I can give you my take:

Interaction key - As a mission maker I want to be able to create a CQB mission where I have to capture the enemy commander and not killing it - can I make it? no. Can I make it with MCC? Yes.

Squad leader PDA - As a mission maker I want to make a full campaign where my team start on one end of the island an are pushing to the far side of the island while creating FOBs and moving supplies to them - can I make it vanila ArmA? No. Can I make it with MCC? yes.

Should I go on?

All of this features comes with the idea of mission making the easy way - where one can dream on a mission, no matter how complex it may seems and execute it in a matter of a few mouse clicks that is the idea behind MCC.

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention as you didn't take the time to read - all of the features of MCC can be turned on or off depends on your game style and how you want your mission to be.

Cheers.

All of this features comes with the idea of mission making the easy way - where one can dream on a mission, no matter how complex it may seems and execute it in a matter of a few mouse clicks that is the idea behind MCC.

That's a great goal, no doubt. And I do see your point. However I also see the danger of a mod/project/tool getting to complex. There are a lot of pieces of software out there, which have done a great job in early versions. And then the developers started to add bonus features, always with the best intentions. But every new feature adds complexity, which increases the risk of bugs and compability issues. It gets harder for the user to grasp the full functionality, and sometimes at the end the program isn't as good and efficient for the intended (core-)tasks as it used to be. So I hope you consider these risks while further developing MCC.

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention as you didn't take the time to read - all of the features of MCC can be turned on or off depends on your game style and how you want your mission to be.

I apologize that I didn't read 345 forum pages. Nevertheless I noticed that the features can be turned off. However by default they are enabled. Wouldn't it be better to disable some of them by default? People who know about and want to use said features could simply enable them. Everyone else wouldn't be bothered.

Edited by Raptor4223
typo

Ummm Raptor you DO know that MCC has been going for a VERY long time. I think we can trust shay and spirit to do a very good job!

Shay & Spirit, I hope you guys don't let the complaints from anyone get to you. This mod is absolutely a must have and has allowed our unit and many others give mission making capabilities to members new to the game. Its great when anyone with an idea for a mission can quickly bring it to life on our server without having to learn how to navigate the default 2D editor or understand scripting.

While we don't currently use a lot of the newer features you've implemented, the option to enable them at any point has had us flipping some on for specific missions giving us a unique experience or giving us the functionality needed when we need it. Thank you for all you've done because your work truly makes this community great.

One thing I've been wondering, though I'm sure its a longshot just for complexity alone; have you looked into improving the weather system to have the sandstorms and blizzards have a scaling feature that would allow the mission maker to have a light snow increase to a full blizzard over an hour or something? I know the default 2D editor has ability to set something similar with rain. Would love to hear if it's even possible with the weather from MCC or if the way its implemented makes it impossible.

Hello Shay, I was wondering if you could help me out. Is there a way I can make the EVAC chopper or even the evac vehicles immune to damage? I don't know where the script is or how I would go about editing it. I can spawn vehicles through the 3d editor and have them immune. Thanks in advance.

That's a great goal, no doubt. And I do see your point. However I also see the danger of a mod/project/tool getting to complex. There are a lot of pieces of software out there, which have done a great job in early versions. And then the developers started to add bonus features, always with the best intentions. But every new feature adds complexity, which increases the risk of bugs and compability issues. It gets harder for the user to grasp the full functionality, and sometimes at the end the program isn't as good and efficient for the intended (core-)tasks as it used to be. So I hope you consider these risks while further developing MCC.

I apologize that I didn't read 345 forum pages. Nevertheless I noticed that the features can be turned off. However by default they are enabled. Wouldn't it be better to disable some of them by default? People who know about and want to use said features could simply enable them. Everyone else wouldn't be bothered.

Yeah I can see your point about complexity and bonus features that draw away attention to the intend of the MOD. Its certaintly a risk and you are not the first to put that to our intention. But in the end focus is not really our goal, how bad that may sound, its not :) We focus mainly on fun and realizing our "dreams"; sometimes going to far. True. But one thing is always at all times key: all things are optional in MCC. As soon as we override that rulle I guarantee you we will fix it.

Time is no longer as much available to me personly at this moment; but there will still be bonus features soon :yay: