shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I think the solution for Shay and all these different features like medical and radio etc is to make them optional. The majority of people are using MCC for creating on the fly not for providing additional functionality.

i think some of these are already optional in that they require a module to be enabled. Making all these additional features disabled by default and optional I think is the best way to go. That way there will be little to no conflict with other mods that already do these functions and are in wide spread use.

I agree. While some will enjoy these extra features that MCC brings to the table, MCC at its core is a mission making tool and should be treated as such. Having these extra features should be left disabled by default and enabled on a per mission basis.

Hey spirit. Just thought it would be really cool to have a "defend" objective in the mission creator. Meaning you can create a zone over your area and defend it such as your FOB or Base. Making two zones. Primary (you and your squad) and a larger secondary where they can only spawn outside of the first zone and attack for X amount of time or X amount of people. I know "clear" objective does similar but you need to actually clear the zone instead of already owning and defending. Just thought it might be an easy objective to throw in that can add lots of fun to missions for people who like to build FOB's on hillsides or in valleys etc. Great freaking mod though.

Edit: Also would be insanely cool if you could use a "first obj" to find intel (which triggers) obj two (defend from ambush) if set in that order.

Hey mate,

Yes, there is no 1 click solution for defend mission but there is, as mcc is a tool, a way.

- First of all decide where you want to defend. Spawn some stuf you want the players to have.

- Create a start location near, but far enough from the defend location. Teh start location is a protected area where players and ai cannot shoot each other. You dont want that in your defend location :)

- Now create some enemy zones with troops in it, surrounding the defend location. (tip: you might want to set the respawn on for the ai, so they can respawn x amount of time to simulate waves).

- As soon as players are in defend area, you as mission maker simple move the enemy zones over the head of the defend location. I assure you they will come.

Now you have your defend mission. You will even respawn on the start location as a player and be able to make it back by transport or on foot (depending on what you give them) to the defend location.

Cool idea's:

-give the ai a mortar unit far, far far away. Now the defenders will face mortar fire.

-Want to give them hell? Put an attack helicopter somewhere with the 3d editor and put it on aggressive. Poor defenders will face CAS from the attacking units.

- Or even worst. Just put a tank in a small zone somewhere near by on agressive. The attacksers will cal the tank if they need it :)

- Dont walk in, make the defenders paradrop in.

Just ideas. They are kinda endless.

Hope this helps a bit :)

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

Yes that explains it perfectly.

Im not 100% sure but as far as i can see via GAIA playing with units,is it only recognizing vanilla assets?

I posted a whileback about RHS and a few other factions that were their artillery units were not acting like artillery and giving fire missions for support.In that sense if nothing changed im guessing GAIA wont see RHS tanks either as,tanks,and use the point system to actually determine it as 1 infantry and therefore send 3 times the amount of points towards it...ie,3infantry??

I dont know if its reading the armour as infantry or not.

GAIA is a solid system,now that i understand it alot better,it actually feels better using it.

I have a small issue to report also with cover system.Whats happening for me is that when i pop out of cover via aim down sight,its ok and consistent,but when i leave the cover area still aiming down sight,alot of the time my character freezes in place for a brief moment,before eventually continuing to move.That wasnt happening in last version.Also once he froze completly and i had to change stance.Im not using AGM or any anim mods so dont know if its just on my end or not.

GAIA recognizes all mod factions/units that have been given a decent config file. If the config file is a fantasy book, then for gaia the units are elfs :)

Hey mate,

Yes, there is no 1 click solution for defend mission but there is, as mcc is a tool, a way.

- First of all decide where you want to defend. Spawn some stuf you want the players to have.

- Create a start location near, but far enough from the defend location. Teh start location is a protected area where players and ai cannot shoot each other. You dont want that in your defend location :)

- Now create some enemy zones with troops in it, surrounding the defend location. (tip: you might want to set the respawn on for the ai, so they can respawn x amount of time to simulate waves).

- As soon as players are in defend area, you as mission maker simple move the enemy zones over the head of the defend location. I assure you they will come.

Now you have your defend mission. You will even respawn on the start location as a player and be able to make it back by transport or on foot (depending on what you give them) to the defend location.

Cool idea's:

-give the ai a mortar unit far, far far away. Now the defenders will face mortar fire.

-Want to give them hell? Put an attack helicopter somewhere with the 3d editor and put it on aggressive. Poor defenders will face CAS from the attacking units.

- Or even worst. Just put a tank in a small zone somewhere near by on agressive. The attacksers will cal the tank if they need it :)

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

GAIA recognizes all mod factions/units that have been given a decent config file. If the config file is a fantasy book, then for gaia the units are elfs :)

just wanna ask how to make a enemies' zone automatically spawn enemies' as well as some vehicles for a period of time?

Does anyone have the download for the R11 version? I can't edit the Inits' of units any more with the new version.

What do you mean edit the inits?you mean save a load out from V arsenal?

Anyway,here is R 11.

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g39f67dfc98ec93fa99960861559dc609e977dc823

@Spirit

I wouldnt stand in front of a T-80 and call it an "ELF" Haha

But im gona jump into editor now and suss out if RHS assests are being recognized since their Redhammers last update.

What do you mean edit the inits?you mean save a load out from V arsenal?

Anyway,here is R 1 1

Thank you, and I mean the unit initialization lines in zeus.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

well, using the gamemaster module and logging into mcc breaks the zeus unit editor.

basically I get this http://tinypic.com/r/2czalux/8

instead of this http://tinypic.com/r/2s5y1ox/8

Thank you, and I mean the unit initialization lines in zeus.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

well, using the gamemaster module and logging into mcc breaks the zeus unit editor.

basically I get this http://tinypic.com/r/2czalux/8

instead of this http://tinypic.com/r/2s5y1ox/8

Ahhh i see,sorry mate i never open zeus,work straight from MCC.

Im sure theres a way to do what you want,perhaps someone else will know.

Bug report:

Laser guided shells do not use laser guiding if it called from commaner console. Targeting type correcly changed to Laser (spread set to Laser). Tested multiple times.

If laser guided shells called from MCC console directly everything works ok- shells correctly guided by laser.

Edited by Firestorm_01

Nice work on the update, even though my group won't be using most of those new features, it's nice to see that progress is being made and that those new features are "opt-in".

However, it seems that our "Squad Menu" and "Interaction Keys" bindings were reset. Is there any way of preventing that in the future? We're forced to bind them to specific keys in order to avoid conflicts with other mods, and having to rebind our whole group's keys every updates would be unpleasant.

Besides, I noticed two months ago that the «Spawn Location» feature had a regression : When selecting the "None" insertion action, it now teleports every single player of a given faction to this location, before it wasn't doing anything but set the spawn location.

Speaking of, I noticed how the Spawn Location nows create an elaborate "shack" wich a desk, camoflage net and everything, where it used to spawn a flag : Is there any way of disabling object spawning for this feature ?

Thanks again,

Thanks for this upate, its really sweet. I just have one issue, where can I fond the commander tab (tab controlling CAS and EVAC). Its not under items anymore.

Bumping this again. I have an issue not being able to see/find Commander Console anywhere (through VAS and in MCC Box Configurator). Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me. First I thought it was RHS causing that issue, booted A3 with MCC only, still no trace of Commander Console.

VAS does show an item without name and picture, probably the commander console, but I can`t pick it up. Is the classname for it still "MCC_Console"?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Get in game,Press p.On that screen press the option which says "take command" or "take"(forget exactly)

And console should appear on scroll wheel.I believe thats the way to do it still and there is no actual console item in the game since two r three versions ago

Ugh, I went for a little test mission with my group one hour ago, and I must say that I'm rather annoyed by old features which got updated, and must take back the cheers I expressed after reading the last changelog, on my post ealier today :

* With the spawn location placed, well, you just spawn *inside* that contraption of a «base», which adds a shitload of work for an addon supposed to make mission making easy and not time consuming (having to manually teleport newly joined players IS time consuming)

* Even on VOIP-disabled servers, when someone uses the "Voice Over Net" action (when talking over Task Force Radio for example), the noise (which is really nothing more than a noise, it's highly-pitched, not equalized with the game, and ear-tearing) is still being toggled

So, how do we opt-out of those ?

<rant>

I've been using MCC with my group for about a year, and there's no taking back how useful this mod was as it really «made mission making easy» so I'm grateful for that, but I'm really concerned about the bloating this mod might suffer, from the behaviour changes (Spawn location insertion: None, for example) to features themselves (I wasn't expecting MCC:Sandbox to utterly destroy my and my group's ears today).

From a software development point of view, we might say that the last four months or so induced so many «compatibility»-breaking changes that the mod had become, to me, more a source of anger and gamebreaking experiences than the useful, «Keep It Simple, Stupid» tool it once was.

I really hope your tool will be back to a decent level of reliability (keybinding resets, etc...), but until then I guess mission making won't be as easy as it should be.

</rant>

Get in game,Press p.On that screen press the option which says "take command" or "take"(forget exactly)

And console should appear on scroll wheel.I believe thats the way to do it still and there is no actual console item in the game since two r three versions ago

Thank you very much, the answer I`ve been looking for. I haven`t used MCC for a couple last updates (3-4 months), so I`ve probably missed some info in the changelog about it.

Thanks again

I just got word from out QA division, turns out that they neglect to check the VON radio on thing.

We have fired one of them and the other one is being tortured at the basement as we speak.

So here is a hot fix for being to tired last night to make a complete test and make sure that the new features are actually turned off by default as it should be.

r12 - hotfix.

Fixed the MCC VON sounds always on.

Fixed the teleport to start location get stuck inside the start location building.

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Hey mate,

Cool idea's:

Thanks for the reply!! I do know how to manually create missions with my own tasks etc as MCC is perfect for on the fly. My ideas as for mission generator were for the many who are not to savvy or very fast on mission editing and being as that you could probably make more complicated tasks than most a lot of people use the mission generator than the actual tool. I personally like the generator because it's quick. As for Defend I just feel it would be a good addition to the already attack missions and will balance it out......

J.Shock and I were speaking about how it would be very cool and interesting if combined tasks generate different outcomes. IE. OBJ1= find intel OBJ2 = Defend = OBJ1 not having any enemies...intel found..generates OBJ2.. ambush defend. similar to clear area but with out having to first clear the area before the defend...

Not only this idea but the fact that as it is set.. You must generate a mission one by one or set all 3. If you could make a check box for continuous or cycled tasks.. Assigned/completed instead of created and choose. That way the mission feels more scripted and teams running recorded missions can have the actual mission set and use MCC to add in extra special touches...

Once again, your guys mod. I just feel so many people use MCC for running quick missions..... the more and different way to set up tasks would be absolutely amazing.

r12 - hotfix.

Fixed the MCC VON sounds always on.

Fixed the teleport to start location get stuck inside the start location building.

That was quick, thanks for this hotfix.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It seems that Forward Artillery Spotter stop to work after the first fire strike....or may be i did not understood how it works. I set a 2nd fire strike, i hear the standard message but it stops to the "splash over - splash out" message and no bombs fall from sky.

By the way, what does it mean when the cannon labels become orange colored ? Not anymore usable or whatever ?

This issue is occuring again since 3-4 months. This time, none of my clanmates is able to fire other rounds after the first strike. This forced us to stop using artilllery support :(

I made some test. After some times the cannon come back white, i order a second strike but nothing happens. No radio communication, no bombing, nothing. Only the Execute button flashing in Yellow.

Any hint ?

We use also ACRE and AGM.

Edited by France

yes after you select your weapons just go to select you backpack/chest rig and on the right there are tabs for adding different ammo/grenades etc.do this after you pick your gun as ammo options will appear in the backpacks then.

hello all, how can i create custom ammobox ? where is the create ammobox button?

thanks

hello all, how can i create custom ammobox ? where is the create ammobox button?

thanks

In your MCC Console, open the 3D editor (alt+click on the map). Select a faction, 2nd dropdown menu select Ammo, 3rd menu select a type of ammo box you wanna spawn. Then click the Cargo button and a box should where you can modifiy the box. Some boxes already come preloaded with stuff, you can clear that out and put in stuff you want.

Hope this helps you.

just tried to call in a evac helo - but even if you select 150m and hover on the spawn point it crashes straight into the ground every time - is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? also when I call in CAS or gun run sometimes the aircraft doesn't engage any enemy even if their in the line of sight?

I've been using MCC with my group for about a year, and there's no taking back how useful this mod was as it really «made mission making easy» so I'm grateful for that, but I'm really concerned about the bloating

Almost the exact same with my guys, just had to remove MCC4 from our modlist as it now interferes with AGM (interaction keys) and cant disable all the additional MCC features, please have this as a second/different mod. Or have the main Console (which I love using!) as a separate mod, maybe a separate mod called "MCC 4 Commander" or the like.

Edit: Cant set keys to nothing easily or even set them at all with game crashing on attempting to set hotkey.

haya , thanks for the awesome MCC , but ive been having some issues lately , 1 of them is p3d error and arma3 crashes.. but the worst is im trying to place some object high about 60 feet abaove some other objects , and it wont go were in clicking , its spawning on opposite , and its killing me ( not realy , but stressful) ... are we limited to the amount of object on a map or ? im realy confused...

this is what I made so far for a dm.

2ppmrzt.jpg[/img]

Please some one help meeeeeee!!!

the top area is over 100 feet, ( not counting the 4 standing buildings) (no clue how high they are).

but as you see (I hope) I need to add stairs, latter's or sidewalks... but I cant place any thing near center under any ramps...

theres some sorta placement issue..

Edited by Dr Death JM