shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

@Shay - thanks for the up-date :bounce3:

Was that on role selection or just plain lobby selection?

When they "appear in the world", sort of speak, that's when it happened. Also, on my outfit's server, there's a bug where when you kill an npc or anything, you change faction to CIV. Really annoying.

You haven't perfected your original idea yet and already branching into the territory of AGM and TFAR/ACRE?

I don't think this is right, ahi.

I'm sorry but these last few posts are bloody disrespectful. There is one simple fix for all you whining primadonnas : don't use it. Go use the other mods. You'll come crawling back.

:ok: :ok:

Id love to see you explore the concept of RTS in Arma Shay. I always dreamed of such a thing in a long, persistent multiplayer campaign. Then we'll have to maintain logistics, territory, etc. That would be amazing! Thanks Shay & the team for your dedication to modding!

PS: Haters gonna hate.

I think the clear thing most people ARE NOT READING..

ALL OF THESE FEATURES ARE MODULAR - YOU DON'T LIKE THEM ? DON'T USE THEM...

there, isn't that better :-)

@Shay and Spirit

You are freaking geniuses. Every time you post the update with new features and I read your devlog I have a feeling like "no way, it couldn't be done". But every time you prove it can be done. In the very spectacular way. Congratulations!!!

@Others

Please try imagine that there are the people who want to have new features in ArmA 3 and do not want to install ACRE/TFAR or AGM/CSM or more. I want to have many things in one place with one logic inside. Like I used to have in ACE/ACE2 in the past.

Thanks, I show that post about me being a genious to my wife tonight. If she agrees I tell you :) I have not been active for 1,5 month now, but as soon as I hold time and get grabbed by a horrible idea then I will active again. For now I have a survival weekend coming up. That is quite the same feeling as SQF :)

http://www.wildcraftgidsen.be/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/winter-aredennen-045bis2.jpg (122 kB)

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Id love to see you explore the concept of RTS in Arma Shay. I always dreamed of such a thing in a long, persistent multiplayer campaign. Then we'll have to maintain logistics, territory, etc. That would be amazing! Thanks Shay & the team for your dedication to modding!

PS: Haters gonna hate.

One question. How come I always see people type Shay and the team? Do I hold a multiple personality disorder? Me, No? But, we? Yes!

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I think the clear thing most people ARE NOT READING..

ALL OF THESE FEATURES ARE MODULAR - YOU DON'T LIKE THEM ? DON'T USE THEM...

there, isn't that better :-)

There. And hearing that from a guy that holds more mod active then the SIXUPDATER repository is epic ! :) Thanks for clearing that up Sir James!

The reason why shay and spirit want to include ALL TEH THINGZ in their mod is because ... THEY CAN ! I'm still shocked at some of the responses in here. There is no constructive criticism, but the opposite in fact. I'll put it down to either some members difficulty with English or perhaps their short time on these forums.

Personally, I love everything that has been given to us as a tool. I have the mod enabled for everything I do in Arma3. Having been around these forums for a LOOOOOONG time I know how much effort mod devs put in.

Finally a tip for those posting crap (read ill-thought through comments). If you have nothing constructive to say ... say nothing and move on. Too many mods have shut down because of small minded individuals.

Keep on trucking shay (and spirit!)

Awesome job! This is by far my favorite addon for ARMA.

As far as AGM is concerned I gave it a two month trial run and found that it had too many issues for me and the people I play with. It looked great at first, but after dropping it from our addon list the only thing we missed was the medical system... And now you have added a medical system to MCC. I can honestly say that I will never look back to AGM again.

Please keep up the great work!

Fire

Great update guys! I love MCC. The amount of stupidity and ungratefulness that runs rampant in these forums is ridiculous. Thank you for all your time and effort. Please keep up the amazing work!

I didnt even notice update,thanks guys

Spirit

I had a question regarding GAIA.I was just reading up on the PDF for her,i noticed yourself or shay stated "conflict areas dont run around as fast as targets.Making it(gaia)more stable"

In regards how AI defend a zone/prioritze a target.In that sense,is it safe to assume that alot of AI Mods that generate waypoints to support/attack groups end up bugging out because they get "confused/overworked"?

I ask because mod after mod after mod,regarding AI has always had this problem in my missions,and GAIA,well quite frankly that never happened with her.

And im wondering is that the case

I didnt even notice update,thanks guys

Spirit

I had a question regarding GAIA.I was just reading up on the PDF for her,i noticed yourself or shay stated "conflict areas dont run around as fast as targets.Making it(gaia)more stable"

In regards how AI defend a zone/prioritze a target.In that sense,is it safe to assume that alot of AI Mods that generate waypoints to support/attack groups end up bugging out because they get "confused/overworked"?

I ask because mod after mod after mod,regarding AI has always had this problem in my missions,and GAIA,well quite frankly that never happened with her.

And im wondering is that the case

Probably my line as I wrote gaia but I cant remember that line :)

What GAIA does is simple remember where targets where seen by her troops. Then she starts to draw big circles called conflic area's. As conflict area's have a size of (i dunno anymore) 100 or so, it means that the targets will probably stay in there. Then all she does is say: So conflict area 1 has 20 infanry, 2 vehicles = ??? points. I dunno how may points. But GAIA only cares about points. When the fight continues there can be less and more points in that conlfict area and eventualy (as combat is not static) that conflict area can travel. But as 100's of troops fight there are usualy only just a few conflict areas.

Also each conflict area gets assigned troops to it until 2 times or 3 times more points on gaia side then in the conflict area side.She evaluates that every cycle (few minutes).

So how other mods do that I dunno but I do know i have seen target systems usualy handling one unit/infantry or vehicles while I think that this is the wrong approuch if you want to give the ai a nice brain. If you look at the map you odnt look at the 2 or 3 infantry guys that bugging you but you look at the number of troops in taht area. You might even call that a conflict area :)

Hope that explains it a bit?

Hi guys first time post here but just looking a hand. Been messing around with MCC for a while now and have finally found Shay's YouTube series so been following it trying to find new things but keep having one issue and am hoping someone can help.

I am looking at the building options and when I try to spawn in the truck to build a HMG post I do not get the option to load cargo in the truck for reference I am watching: "ArmA 3 - MCC 4: R8 Squad dialogue, Logistics, Squad Leader PDA, Rally Points and more" In the video Shay gets a blue "Load Truck" option this is where he can then drive to the post and then complete the build. Unfortunately I can not get this option no matter how many times I've repeated the video.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks Guys

Hey spirit. Just thought it would be really cool to have a "defend" objective in the mission creator. Meaning you can create a zone over your area and defend it such as your FOB or Base. Making two zones. Primary (you and your squad) and a larger secondary where they can only spawn outside of the first zone and attack for X amount of time or X amount of people. I know "clear" objective does similar but you need to actually clear the zone instead of already owning and defending. Just thought it might be an easy objective to throw in that can add lots of fun to missions for people who like to build FOB's on hillsides or in valleys etc. Great freaking mod though.

Edit: Also would be insanely cool if you could use a "first obj" to find intel (which triggers) obj two (defend from ambush) if set in that order.

Edited by jakeryan760

hi guys. so has anyone tried if the problem with admin rights is fixed? We had that problem that after guys without access rights respawned they somehow got to login mcc. Any ideas?

thanks Shay and Spirit for keeping up the great work.

You guys misinterpreted my and some other comments. I think MCC is a great mod, I enjoy it very much. I love GAIA system and additional features Zeus or any other mod don't have. It's great.

I don't tell you what you HAVE TO DO. I'm just expressing my opinion on update and the direction this mod moving. You can call it a VOTE if you like. I vote for some feature I would like to be improved. You don't have to do it, but I hope if enough people will show why exactly they love MCC, you will. Or you can just ignore it, if you feel like that.

Thanks for this upate, its really sweet. I just have one issue, where can I fond the commander tab (tab controlling CAS and EVAC). Its not under items anymore.

Is there a way to disable the new radio system? I cannot anything under the MCC modules, I can only find the radio module itself, which has no option to disable the system.

couple of noob questions as I am new to MCC4 -

1)firstly when I go into armoury in MCC and select a weapon I get various amounts of ammo depending which gun I select and for some launchers (mod ones usually) I get no ammo - how can I quickly get more of the correct type of ammo for the weapons I am carrying?

2)In the armoury should it show all my weapons (including all the mod add ons?) - if not what is the best way to view/select from the whole selection of mod and non mod weapons?

3)When I call artillery sometimes the effects are a little strange/ridiculous - with incendiary I just get little fires everywhere with HE seems to be a lack of fiery blasts just little chunks of rock (note I am running blast core Phoenix running with it)?

Any help would be appreciated......

I think the solution for Shay and all these different features like medical and radio etc is to make them optional. The majority of people are using MCC for creating on the fly not for providing additional functionality.

i think some of these are already optional in that they require a module to be enabled. Making all these additional features disabled by default and optional I think is the best way to go. That way there will be little to no conflict with other mods that already do these functions and are in wide spread use.

Seem the Grenade throw system doesn't work sometime,when press shift+3 nothing happen.I'm using AGM with MCC and I know the 3 key was use for "select the Grenade launch" of AGM,so I change this to another key and make the 3 key free.But after I did this still can't use the Grenade throw system,the icon of the grenade didn't show in my screen and nothing happenned.Don't know what cause the issue.

Probably my line as I wrote gaia but I cant remember that line :)

What GAIA does is simple remember where targets where seen by her troops. Then she starts to draw big circles called conflic area's. As conflict area's have a size of (i dunno anymore) 100 or so, it means that the targets will probably stay in there. Then all she does is say: So conflict area 1 has 20 infanry, 2 vehicles = ??? points. I dunno how may points. But GAIA only cares about points. When the fight continues there can be less and more points in that conlfict area and eventualy (as combat is not static) that conflict area can travel. But as 100's of troops fight there are usualy only just a few conflict areas.

Also each conflict area gets assigned troops to it until 2 times or 3 times more points on gaia side then in the conflict area side.She evaluates that every cycle (few minutes).

So how other mods do that I dunno but I do know i have seen target systems usualy handling one unit/infantry or vehicles while I think that this is the wrong approuch if you want to give the ai a nice brain. If you look at the map you odnt look at the 2 or 3 infantry guys that bugging you but you look at the number of troops in taht area. You might even call that a conflict area :)

Hope that explains it a bit?

Yes that explains it perfectly.

Im not 100% sure but as far as i can see via GAIA playing with units,is it only recognizing vanilla assets?

I posted a whileback about RHS and a few other factions that were their artillery units were not acting like artillery and giving fire missions for support.In that sense if nothing changed im guessing GAIA wont see RHS tanks either as,tanks,and use the point system to actually determine it as 1 infantry and therefore send 3 times the amount of points towards it...ie,3infantry??

I dont know if its reading the armour as infantry or not.

GAIA is a solid system,now that i understand it alot better,it actually feels better using it.

I have a small issue to report also with cover system.Whats happening for me is that when i pop out of cover via aim down sight,its ok and consistent,but when i leave the cover area still aiming down sight,alot of the time my character freezes in place for a brief moment,before eventually continuing to move.That wasnt happening in last version.Also once he froze completly and i had to change stance.Im not using AGM or any anim mods so dont know if its just on my end or not.

I have a small issue to report also with cover system.Whats happening for me is that when i pop out of cover via aim down sight,its ok and consistent,but when i leave the cover area still aiming down sight,alot of the time my character freezes in place for a brief moment,before eventually continuing to move.That wasnt happening in last version.Also once he froze completly and i had to change stance.Im not using AGM or any anim mods so dont know if its just on my end or not.

I have the same issue occasionally. Typically its like I've gotten stuck in the "kneeling lean" position. Unfortunately I can't figure out what order of keystrokes makes it happen, always seems to be when I'm under fire.

And so far, twice since I've been using this version, I've gotten temporarily stuck moving backwards. Both times with this I think I was performing a reload while moving out of the line of fire. I was able to get unstuck my pushing opposite direction of movement. (releasing the keys wouldn't stop the movement)

I'm on stable branch.

Does anyone have the download for the R11 version? I can't edit the Inits' of units any more with the new version.