shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I just started working with MCC and I'm trying to convince the team I play with it's a good thing, but I've run into an issue... I've googled this to death, and tried searching the forums but can't find an answer or anyone saying the same thing.

When using the mission wizard, I'm selecting "No" on the "Precise Locations" dropdown, but every mission marker is showing up right on top of the objective. I see this in both the Template missions and when running MCC on top of our team's custom missions. Seeing it on dedicated server and running on my local machine.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

I just started working with MCC and I'm trying to convince the team I play with it's a good thing, but I've run into an issue... I've googled this to death, and tried searching the forums but can't find an answer or anyone saying the same thing.

When using the mission wizard, I'm selecting "No" on the "Precise Locations" dropdown, but every mission marker is showing up right on top of the objective. I see this in both the Template missions and when running MCC on top of our team's custom missions. Seeing it on dedicated server and running on my local machine.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

same here

A repuest for the CAS,now when call a CAS only 2 planes once.Could we have a function to let us choose the number of the planes for the CAS?Sometimes 2 plane are not enough to support the ground force.

R12 is here,

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Download Link - Template mission:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/436ndcbiepq820u/sample%20missions.rar

If you ask why I've added the radio thing it is because I had some fun going through the VON scripts, it may be useful for public servers or to people who don't use team speak, ACRE, TFR exc.

Plus it was a good "poke in the eye" experience for Bohemia to show that you can increase a bit the immersion with some radio simulation with an ease.

Change log r12:

Added: Radio System - NEW

- Adds simulated military radio sounds (such as ACRE/TFR) to built in VON , the radio will become scramble as the players move away from each others.

- Players will be allowed to use specific radio as Commander will be able to use the command radio, squad leaders the Side radio and all can use the Group, Direct and Vehicle radio.

- Able to define punishment to radio abuser as kick after hot mic for a period a time or for not using the correct radio (as grunt using the commander radio).

- Distinguished beeps for commanders broadcasts.

- Need to be activated and configure by placing the MCC Settings(Radio) module.

- Additional params:

MCC_VonRadio - activate on/off - must be done before the mission start

MCC_vonRadioDistanceGlobal - Max distance for Global radio

MCC_vonRadioDistanceSide - Max distance for Side radio

MCC_vonRadioDistanceCommander - Max distance for Commander radio

MCC_vonRadioDistanceGroup - Max distance for Group radio

MCC_vonRadioKickIdle - Should we kick abusing players

MCC_vonRadioKickIdleTime - How long before kicking a player who is hot micing.

Added: Pick up kit - NEW

- Using the interaction key on dead body players can pick the entire gear of the dead unit (uniforms, helmet not included).

- Used for PvP match where you want to disable players inventory.

Added: Quick Weapon change - NEW

- Switch weapons using the Shift + 1-5 keys.

1: Primary Weapon/Handgun

2: Launcher

3: Grenades

4: Utility/Explosives

- Added: Quick drop of explosives and utility pressing the 4 key will cycle between available ordnance and utilities. Pressing the left mouse button will deploy them pressing the right mouse button will detonate it.

- Added: Grenade throw, 3 different grenades throws: shallow, normal and roll. Pressing the Shift + 3 key will cycle between available grenades. Pressing the right mouse button will tilt the grenade icon where horizontal grenade means roll, 45 degree means shallow throw and full up position means normal throw.

Use the grenade icon to aim and press left mouse button to throw.

- Additional params:

MCC_quickWeaponChange - Enable/Disable quick weapon change.

Added: Personal Ammo-Boxes - NEW

- Added: Personal ammo-boxes that can be carried and dropped using the Shift +4 key

- Any player can approach the ammo box and hold the interaction key to resupply ammo for their handgun, launchers and rifles.

- Each box have limited supply and will be deleted once depleted.

- Used for PvP match where you want to disable players inventory.

- Added to the rifleman role in role selection.

Added: Logistics to helicopters - NEW

- While flying above 15 meters and not far from 50 meters from the HQ helicopters pilots can press the MCC interaction key to bring up the logistic interface.

- Helicopters can sling load one crate at a time and deliver it around the battlefield.

- Added: Big supply crates for big transport helicopters. Big supply crates are equal to 4 regular supply crates.

- Added: Taru helicopter's pilots can purchase pods at the HQ.

- Added: XP from logistics

Added: Interact self - NEW

- Added: with interact self (Ctrl + interaction key by default) players can heal and inspect themselves (MCC medical system), Spot enemies, call support and order the construction of FOB ex.

Added: Medical system - NEW WIP

New modular and scalable medical system (need to place the MCC medical system module) the medical system is built around blood level where a player loses a lot of blood he will eventually die.

Features:

- Complex or plain: in complex mod players will need more items to heal such as epipen, bandages, first aid kits, saline bags and more. Where in the non-complex mod, players will use ArmA 3 default gear such as FAIK and Medikits.

- Medical system will work on AI and players where AI will sometimes regain consciousness so verifying a kill is now needed.

- Bleeding, players and AI can bleed to death either while alive or unconscious, bandaging will only stop the bleeding but will not regain blood level. Blood level will regain over long periods of time and can be increased to a degree by addressing saline transfusions.

- Unconscious effects for players and AI.

- Bleeding effects vary from blurry vision, lower stamina, fading and color blind - depends on the amount of blood lost.

- Body armor - mission maker can adjust the effectiveness of body armors by adjusting it effects on players.

- Team kill punish - Where a player got killed by a friendly player he can ask to punish that player - if mission maker allows.

- MEDIVAC - since blood loose regain slowly it is vital to get the mortally wounded players to the MCC side start location to fasten the blood regain and heal major wounds.

Added: Shared cargo and valor system - NEW

As part of the expending WIP RTS element of the commander console new buildings have been added such as: Medical area, Medical Lab, Diesel generator, solar power panels' exc. So far you can only fool around by building these buildings as of now they aren't functional yet.

But in the basic version of the H.Q (Start location) and the 2 upgraded version of it (Radio tower and Sat-coms) I've added shared cargo box in the entrance to the HQ.

The shared cargo box allows players to drop items they don't need or resources they have found using the survival option to gain valor points and resources points.

Valor points can be used to withdraw items from the shared cargo but there is a catch, withdrawing an item will always cost more valor points then deposit it so at the end players are encouraged to give to the community more then they take.

KEEP IN MIND this is a WIP and this is my playground so if you don't like it just skip it and never activate the survival option. For those who do want to explore it keep in mind that this is my take on ArmA 3 campaign and according to my Interpretation I would love to make a resistance game mode where a group of players struggle with minimum gear to regain resources and control over the island while fighting Opfor AI and rival players driven faction.

- Added: Switch cover system off on client side.

- Added: Role selection to MCC settings module

- Added: Survive mod to MCC settings (mechanics) module

- Added: while role selection is active players won't be able to disassemble static weapons.

- Added: MCC_ingameUI - turn off for no in-game UI such as above IED: available in the mission settings and the MCC Settings (Mechanics) module.

- Added: Max load, Weight and armor value to the uniform selection in roles selection.

- fixed: Commander console artillery laser targets and multiple rounds

- fixed: Fast rope bugs since Helicopters DLC.

- fixed: Transparent zone when first creating a zone.

- fixed: Access rights module duplicate MCC and didn't work for admins.

- fixed: Cache will no longer by default on when spawning units not in zone.

- fixed: Mission Generator caching and delayed spawning by always on - set if you want it on or off from Spawn menu.

- fixed: Cover only worked when enabling cover UI.

- fixed: Cover sitting animation get stuck.

- fixed: Atmosphere brushes fog disappear.

- fixed: Tauro helicopter not able to sling load after attaching a pod.

- Fixed: Some UI text that wasn't scalable with changing interface size - still it is recommended to use MCC with interface size - small.

- Changed: Cover module changed to Mechanic module so you can define more MCC players' mechanics there

- Changed: MCC GAIA settings module include skill for AI from 0-1 instead of rookie/med/veteran

- Changed: MCC interaction key while close to vehicle will quickly get you inside empty position in the vehicle (driver first) while holding the interaction will

let you choose where you want to mount the vehicle.

- Changed: Limited the draggable object weight to 500 k/g

- Changed: Artillery spread for Commander Console: "PRECISE" = 5m, "TIGHT"=50m, "SCATTERED" =100m, "WIDE" = 150

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

As much as I love MCC as a Mission Control Center. It is a great amendment to any mission and even found a way to stay relevant with the introduction of Zeus.

However, it is really starting to lose it's identity with the branching directions it is going in. With systems like AGM, CSE, TFAR and ACRE already holding a strong position in the community, the features this mod is creating should be more modular to avoid conflicts with the other mods mentioned. I cant say enough how much I appreciate Shay and Spirit's work, but the more this mod loses focus, the more likely it will have to be dropped from many units use due to modular conflict and redundancy. I am certain there are people who love the additional features but obligated everyone to download and have them just to update the other sections of MCC seems a bit much.

As much as I love MCC as a Mission Control Center. It is a great amendment to any mission and even found a way to stay relevant with the introduction of Zeus.

However, it is really starting to lose it's identity with the branching directions it is going in. With systems like AGM, CSE, TFAR and ACRE already holding a strong position in the community, the features this mod is creating should be more modular to avoid conflicts with the other mods mentioned. I cant say enough how much I appreciate Shay and Spirit's work, but the more this mod loses focus, the more likely it will have to be dropped from many units use due to modular conflict and redundancy. I am certain there are people who love the additional features but obligated everyone to download and have them just to update the other sections of MCC seems a bit much.

I was going to make a post around the same thoughts after I read the changelog.

Shay I know you might not be happy with what people are going to say. I too won't be near anywhere happy if I have to drop MCC and switch to zeus or some other mission creator. With the last couple updates though I'm afraid that there might be a point, where getting rid of all the "new" MCC features will be tougher than learning zeus. When that day comes I'm either rolling back to the MANW version (if available) or I might even go back to the freaking editor and spend 6 hours before every play day.

Double that. I think MCC still has its place, but ONLY like AI spawner and manager.

Shay, why are you doing this?

MCC was a real great tool for making missions on the fly. Then you started to add all this stuff that other mods already brought to us. And they did very better.

What did you thought? That all the clans delete tfr, agm, xmed and all the other stuff and only use MCC? Wake up mate, they won't.

Why don't you just fix all the stuff that killed our missions and bought us a lot of desyncs and other bugs? And thats it. Maybe bring some features that show what this mod should be. A great Mission making tool, not more.

I once was a really great fan of your stuff. Now you lost me man.

My Clan will use from now on other mission making tools like Ares, because MCC is not longer compatible with our modset. And that is something that me really hurt. Old versions are to buggy, new versions bring all this useless stuff that bring a lot of incombability and problems with mods like tfr and agm.

Good luck shay, I hope you come back to your real business and give the community what they want and not what they allready have in a better way.

Edited by Bardo
fixed my very bad english (hopefully)

I'm sorry but these last few posts are bloody disrespectful. There is one simple fix for all you whining primadonnas : don't use it. Go use the other mods. You'll come crawling back.

Shay, why are you doing this?

MCC was a real great tool for making missions on the fly. .

I completely support Bardo opinion. The last updates decline modification in slightly other party. It seems to me that the most part of the last innovations superfluous. This modification was the excellent spendthrift for creations of missions on the fly. Thus modification had the artificial intelligence to which developers of an arma 3 could envy. In 5 minutes it was possible to make excellent mission on the fly. The player received strong artificial intelligence in the form of collective defense, attack with corresponding reinforcements. In my opinion for further expansion of modification will best of all concentrate on the main criteria which were noted by the most part of users of a forum.

- More mission wizard variants

- More AI improvments

- More missions' control tools

I think I should Copy paste this post and release it as a disclaimer in every update:

I'll start by saying: "What the fuzz about?"

Any new feature of MCC is disabled by default and activated only and only if someone have put the appropriate MCC module and turn it on.

So if you are using the latest version of MCC or the one from a year ago you'll get the same look, feel and functional except the latest version will be more stable.

You probably wouldn't even know about the new features unless you have seen the video and read the change-log.

I've failed to understand why people crying about conflicts with other mods, in the contrary MCC always strives to work with any other mod and not collide - I wish I could say that about other mods out there. If there was a conflict between MCC and other mod I've made the conflict feature optional.

I'm working on MCC Sandbox since 2010 it's 5 years of volunteer work that while being modest as I can the community got AAA support from my and Spirits side getting almost monthly updates, bug fixes and new features.

Now I understand that some people believe they know what MCC scope is and they can lecture me "This isn't a part of MCC" I can assure you all that the only scope MCC had was accessibility - making missions the easy way.

When I'm working on something new I always ask myself "Will this will make someone happy out there? will it make his life easier?" if the answer is yes it goes into MCC. Even if it don't fit your game play it might fit other game play which is something this community need to accept and understand.

People here without finding better words just sit here behind a keyboard playing like the big boss: "You do this", "You do that".... hey guys news flash - I'm not getting payed every minute working on MCC is a minute less with my family and RL work. I'm not playing ArmA for at least 2 years now, so all my 1000+ hours of arma 3 where on MCC.

While working on volunteer project you'll need to find the reasons to waste your time on it each day rather then doing something for yourself or your family and bug fixing isn't a good enough motivation to do that - believe me.

So when I'm working I always try to innovate and mostly succeed in doing stuff that wasn't there before or people thought they can't be done. If I had better ideas you'd probably would have seen them but this is my best ideas in the last few months and this is are the new and exiting things for me to work on in order to find the reasons to keep on working on MCC and releasing new updates, new bug fix and new content.

It isn't a secret that I find less and less reasons to keep on working on MCC as I don't have the same amount of free time as I had and I don't find the time to play ArmA so what is the point on keeping working on it? none accept to finish some ideas that where sitting in my back of mine mind for years and you see most of them now.

I believe that it won't be too long before you'll get my fer well post as many of the people I used to play with and script with 5 years ago did.

And remember:

Keep up enjoying the game and not hating, support and be kind with your language - remember that there are people who wasted time on the mods/missions you are playing so that you can enjoy the game.

And if you have failed to enjoy their work, tell them that you failed to enjoy it and not that they failed to supply it.

To be honest I'm enjoying your updates so far, so I would be very sad if you leave MCC project.

Tried the new version, I use AGM (as I think the uncompatibility worries for the new features could be with AGM or similar mods) and so far they are still 2 must-have mods that doesn't conflict each other !! :) I'll never thanks enough guys like you for making Arma so much immersive and enjoyable.

I'm personally more interested to creating missions on the fly with your mod, but I'm not worried about the last updates. As said, it only makes MCC more stable.

Thanks for the work ;)

Shay i had no idea you didnt play Arma for two years and devoted all your time to MCC.I for one only recently started to understand the scope of modding,and the burden.

Apoligies if any of my complaints caused grievences and also i would like to suggest(to the communitys harsh protest).....QUIT WORKING ON MCC!

GO PLAY ARMA,you and spirit and all involved have created a masterpiece.Maintain it sure,but in its current state it as said,a masterpiece,leave it as such.

Damn guys,go play the game you clearly invested in

Thanks for the most useful tool i currently use

I have looked so far in the editor and in game but is there a way to turn the medical system off?? From what I can tell it is always running.

Shay i had no idea you didnt play Arma for two years and devoted all your time to MCC.I for one only recently started to understand the scope of modding,and the burden.

Apoligies if any of my complaints caused grievences and also i would like to suggest(to the communitys harsh protest).....QUIT WORKING ON MCC!

GO PLAY ARMA,you and spirit and all involved have created a masterpiece.Maintain it sure,but in its current state it as said,a masterpiece,leave it as such.

Damn guys,go play the game you clearly invested in

Thanks for the most useful tool i currently use

I second this. Go play the game.

@Shay and Spirit

You are freaking geniuses. Every time you post the update with new features and I read your devlog I have a feeling like "no way, it couldn't be done". But every time you prove it can be done. In the very spectacular way. Congratulations!!!

@Others

Please try imagine that there are the people who want to have new features in ArmA 3 and do not want to install ACRE/TFAR or AGM/CSM or more. I want to have many things in one place with one logic inside. Like I used to have in ACE/ACE2 in the past.

Edited by sunrrrise

Personally, I find it disgusting people ("The Common Folk" (no clue about modding, programming, difficulties of bug-fixing, etc. whatsoever)) only realize the scope and hardships of a mod X when its developer(s) write down an explaining post of the situation.

Only then, people begin to feel respectful towards a person who's spent hundreds of hours on an unpaid creation.

Shay, your work is amazing and MCC is one of the most-used mods in A3, no doubt about that. Keep it up, and don't give up, guys!

Please remember: behind every fool ranting, there are 5 supportive people who understand the struggle, but for some reason don't post openly on BIF to express their gratitude. :)

Personally, I find it disgusting people ("The Common Folk" (no clue about modding, programming, difficulties of bug-fixing, etc. whatsoever)) only realize the scope and hardships of a mod X when its developer(s) write down an explaining post of the situation.

Only then, people begin to feel respectful towards a person who's spent hundreds of hours on an unpaid creation.

Shay, your work is amazing and MCC is one of the most-used mods in A3, no doubt about that. Keep it up, and don't give up, guys!

Please remember: behind every fool ranting, there are 5 supportive people who understand the struggle, but for some reason don't post openly on BIF to express their gratitude. :)

Actually i think its well understand the sacrifice of making/maintaining a mod,and the 'COMMON FOLK" do understand how difficult it as,as they dont take a crack at it themselves.

To be clear i have masive respect for every modder out there no matter how big or small their work is,even the testing community.I myself help test mods alot and even that is massivly time consuming to me,and dont just form respect when they post about their work and how difficult it is.

What got me was shay stating he hasnt played arma in two years.That is why i personally felt obliged to comment.The MCC team know who the greatful people are as they have usually been the ones posting since day1(yes even if they were complaining something wasnt working quite rite) Thats simply trying to give feedback sometimes

I think I have to add something to my last post.

First of all I want to apologise for disrespectful meanings and arguments in my last post.

I´m still very impressed of the amount and quality of your work.

And of course I´m not in the position to define the focus of your mod and your work. Of course you are free to develop what ever you want and add it to MCC.

But what I don´t understand is, why you add something to MCC that is already in other mods? Why don´t you work togehther with developers of AGM or CSE and help them to refine their medic, or logistic modules with your ideas and your competence? Sure this is your decision. But think as a user of both. AGM and MCC. As one of them I have now several interaction keys for others and myself, each with other great features, you see the problems? For nearly each action I have to perfom another interaction key and choose between several options. Some of them are similar, some are equal in its use and some are completly different.

I really think if there will be no further communication between the developers of both, AGM and MCC or CSE and MCC, that at some point they will be not useable at the same time without troubles or missunterstandings for the users. And that is something I, as an user, don´t get at all. Why is everyone trying to bring nearly the same stuff instead of work and communicate together?

In the end I want to add, that i didn´t see in my first look the modualbility of some of the new features in your changelog and wrote to early my unfair post. Sorry for that.

We will check our modset with the new version of MCC for collisions and will then check which parts we can use.

But I hope, in the future you guys will support mainly the mission wizard and mission making tools of MCC because IMO this is your real strength and the unique selling point of MCC.

I think I have to add something to my last post.

First of all I want to apologise for disrespectful meanings and arguments in my last post.

I´m still very impressed of the amount and quality of your work.

And of course I´m not in the position to define the focus of your mod and your work. Of course you are free to develop what ever you want and add it to MCC.

But what I don´t understand is, why you add something to MCC that is already in other mods? Why don´t you work togehther with developers of AGM or CSE and help them to refine their medic, or logistic modules with your ideas and your competence? Sure this is your decision. But think as a user of both. AGM and MCC. As one of them I have now several interaction keys for others and myself, each with other great features, you see the problems? For nearly each action I have to perfom another interaction key and choose between several options. Some of them are similar, some are equal in its use and some are completly different.

I really think if there will be no further communication between the developers of both, AGM and MCC or CSE and MCC, that at some point they will be not useable at the same time without troubles or missunterstandings for the users. And that is something I, as an user, don´t get at all. Why is everyone trying to bring nearly the same stuff instead of work and communicate together?

In the end I want to add, that i didn´t see in my first look the modualbility of some of the new features in your changelog and wrote to early my unfair post. Sorry for that.

We will check our modset with the new version of MCC for collisions and will then check which parts we can use.

But I hope, in the future you guys will support mainly the mission wizard and mission making tools of MCC because IMO this is your real strength and the unique selling point of MCC.

This is the actual problem....you see,if you use three large mods like that together,you may just end up with mod conflicts big or small(maybe not noticable immedietly)then you will come to one of their forums claiming their mods is broken or stops something in another mod working.

Yes truth is there are some things in MCC that may make other mods scrips not function correctly,its happened to me with a paradrop script of all things...No MCC it works,install MCC it dosent.Its not MCCs fault.Its up to the user to figure out what mods dont go together,and pick one or the other.Or feel happy if they actually work together.

IN your case,the keybinding issue.Its unfortunate,but you cannot expect MCC team or AGM team or any other team who have a vision for the scope of "their Mod" alter something to suit the needs of a few,even many UNLESS,they also use said other mod and feel its good for "them" then we by default benifit.

Im sure any modder out there would tell you,if your desperate for something to work badly enough,start learning how to code.

Devs do communicate with each other alot,but you cannot expect it always

This is the actual problem....you see,if you use three large mods like that together,you may just end up with mod conflicts big or small(maybe not noticable immedietly)then you will come to one of their forums claiming their mods is broken or stops something in another mod working.

Yes truth is there are some things in MCC that may make other mods scrips not function correctly,its happened to me with a paradrop script of all things...No MCC it works,install MCC it dosent.Its not MCCs fault.Its up to the user to figure out what mods dont go together,and pick one or the other.Or feel happy if they actually work together.

IN your case,the keybinding issue.Its unfortunate,but you cannot expect MCC team or AGM team or any other team who have a vision for the scope of "their Mod" alter something to suit the needs of a few,even many UNLESS,they also use said other mod and feel its good for "them" then we by default benifit.

Im sure any modder out there would tell you,if your desperate for something to work badly enough,start learning how to code.

Devs do communicate with each other alot,but you cannot expect it always

That´s the point. I use AGM because of the more realistic gameplay and I use MCC für the mission control abilities and the mission wizard. I don´t want that suddenly MCC doing this realistic stuff two unless its better and have more features. I don´t want AGM to become a mission control tool either.

But you are right. That is my problem not the one of MCC or AGM. But I can´t go to the AGM team and tell them I don´t want their medical modul anymore and want em to delete it. SO I go to MCC because ITS features were implemted NEWER and dosen't fit in my clans modset. I want to use both without any problems so I have to please the developer to stop adding new stuff.

But AGM is a bad example anyways because of its fully modual.

Edited by Bardo