shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

It's also in AGM, and probably in CSE.

To an extent yes, but not fully. What i saw in the video is one step further.

You can select how you want to throw them in AGM and CSE, yes, but you don't have that 3D ( 3D or 2D, can't tell actually ) model on the screen. Also AFAIK you can't roll grenades, can't tell about CSE but in AGM you can't, you can only drop them.

Edited by Dorak

To an extent yes, but not fully. What i saw in the video is one step further.

You can select how you want to throw them in AGM and CSE, yes, but you don't have that 3D (3D or 2D, can't tell actually) model on the screen. Also AFAIK you can't roll grenades, can't tell about CSE but in AGM you can't, you can only drop them.

Allright than shay_gman wins. The grenade view is a 2D thing, but it originates from the 3D model. Read this. MCC is seeming to get all the features other mods have in pieces merged in to itself with additions.

I have a question when I use this for the placement of units and hand thoise units over to the GAIA while making the mission and placing units, Will this AI still behave with the GAIA one I copy the mission to a new SQM file and export it to a SP mission?

Also I have been looking to add ACE to my Arma 3 and everything I find says that ACE will not make it to ARMA 3 yet it is recommended to put in and adds nice features to the MCC can anyone give me a heads up on this??

Lastly I can not find the Hostage to place on map. I saw a video where they placed a hostage is there something that has to be placed before that?

Edited by Breeze

@Dorak and @654wak654

I know the video quality is not that good but the grenade system here is not the same with agm. Like Dorak says you can drop or high throw in agm but here you can tilt the grenade. Vertical 45deg. or horizontal which allows you to build a smoke wall which is awesome :D one more awesome thing incoming is the mortar(artillery) fire mission system. Well after the testing I had the feeling that soon enough we wont be needing the AGM :D

@Dorak and @654wak654

I know the video quality is not that good but the grenade system here is not the same with agm. Like Dorak says you can drop or high throw in agm but here you can tilt the grenade. Vertical 45deg. or horizontal which allows you to build a smoke wall which is awesome :D one more awesome thing incoming is the mortar(artillery) fire mission system. Well after the testing I had the feeling that soon enough we wont be needing the AGM :D

Honestly I hope we can still have an "option" to disable these functions whenever someone would like to, as some of them seem not compatible with AGM ones. Honestly AGM has so much more features that I would never stop to use it. Instead I hope we can continue to use both AGM and MCC as they are a must-have combo !!

But I loved the idea for a better use of grenades. Funny thing is that I can't even imagine to come back to vanilla mechanics now :D

Is anyone having issue's with MCC where one of your squadmates spawns as a civilian? It's really weird, happened several times now and is really random. They're classed as bluefor by the server, but the moment they spawn in the world, they're purple on the map and friendly AI units start shooting them. I can't seem to find the cause of the problem, nor a solution, but I reckon it has something to do with MCC.

*edit*

Confirmed, turned MCC off, and now it doesn't happen anymore. Still no solution tho.

Is that with AI squadmates or real players?

This happens to real players, and it only seems to be just one squad member, last time it happened, it was always with the combat medic, although that I checked the editor to see if something was up, he was classed as Blufor NATO, same as the side selection on the server, but the moment someone spawned in the game as the medic, he became purple and was considered hostile for AI, couldn't get in to vehicles with us, etc.

Hi everybody I had this problem for a very long time can somebody help me out ? There seems to be a resolution problem with MCC Sandbox.... PLEASE HELP ! :/

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10862531_4903786609241_3381638688928569124_o.jpg

Change your "Interface Size" in your Videooptions to small

It wasn't overlooked... i'll look into it.

Thanks for the reply and the hard work shay, if you need a testing community ours could help out with dev builds. We are based on GMT+1.

Send me a PM either via our enjin website or on BI forum if we can help out.

This is a pretty neat addon, but now that I've been in a community that uses it more frequently I've found some things I would appreciate being changed.

Specifically in the MCC Module that the mission maker can put in the scenario there are options for vaulting and the cover system. These actions shouldn't be defined at the mission maker's whim, but should be a player specific option. The amount of times I've vaulted over something accidentally or leaned around or over something I didn't want to lean around or over became a few too many times last night. I've asked the mission maker not to enable it, but that's unfair to the people who like that feature. This is why it needs to be a client side option via the MCC menu, or through a userconfig.

Thanks!

I am sorry for the repost but would really appreciate any answers on these few questions I have.

I have a question when I use this for the placement of units and hand thoise units over to the GAIA while making the mission and placing units, Will this AI still behave with the GAIA one I copy the mission to a new SQM file and export it to a SP mission?

Also I have been looking to add ACE to my Arma 3 and everything I find says that ACE will not make it to ARMA 3 yet it is recommended to put in and adds nice features to the MCC can anyone give me a heads up on this??

Lastly I can not find the Hostage to place on map. I saw a video where they placed a hostage is there something that has to be placed before that?

Hello all, not sure if anyone else has commented about the error that is encountered at line 432. "Config: End of line encountered after expCond".Error is encountered when saving a map made in mcc and then saved and loaded.

I've used MCC in both Arma 2 and Arma 3 and when I seen the huge improvement from Arma 2 I was completely awed by how much you could do in Arma 3 with MCC. Fantastic mod and I recommend it to anyone.

I have a question that's not only for shay_gman because I'm sure anybody can answer it. I don't know if I got rusty in mission making, but is there a way for me to make a chopper sling lift us with MCC?

I can do it with scripting or simply by hijacking the pilot but I'm %100 sure that there is another easier way, like a waypoint or MCC option (which I couldn't find).

Honestly I hope we can still have an "option" to disable these functions whenever someone would like to, as some of them seem not compatible with AGM ones. Honestly AGM has so much more features that I would never stop to use it. Instead I hope we can continue to use both AGM and MCC as they are a must-have combo !!

But I loved the idea for a better use of grenades. Funny thing is that I can't even imagine to come back to vanilla mechanics now :D

Yes as always you can disable any MCC features by using the module/mission settings.

This happens to real players, and it only seems to be just one squad member, last time it happened, it was always with the combat medic, although that I checked the editor to see if something was up, he was classed as Blufor NATO, same as the side selection on the server, but the moment someone spawned in the game as the medic, he became purple and was considered hostile for AI, couldn't get in to vehicles with us, etc.

Was that on role selection or just plain lobby selection?

This is a pretty neat addon, but now that I've been in a community that uses it more frequently I've found some things I would appreciate being changed.

Specifically in the MCC Module that the mission maker can put in the scenario there are options for vaulting and the cover system. These actions shouldn't be defined at the mission maker's whim, but should be a player specific option. The amount of times I've vaulted over something accidentally or leaned around or over something I didn't want to lean around or over became a few too many times last night. I've asked the mission maker not to enable it, but that's unfair to the people who like that feature. This is why it needs to be a client side option via the MCC menu, or through a userconfig.

Thanks!

Well since MCC mechanics changes the way players interact with the game it IMO should be admin/mission maker choice as it will lead to un-eaven gameplay to all players.

I am sorry for the repost but would really appreciate any answers on these few questions I have.

In short no. The GAIA brain is in MCC so you'll need MCC or GAIA stand alone to run on the server where the SP mission is.

Regarding ACE I wouldn't put addon for ArmA 2 in ArmA 3.

You can place a unit with Zeus or MCC 3D editor and add the hostage init in the presets to make it hostage. Just pick the "Hostage" preset and press "Add"

Hello all, not sure if anyone else has commented about the error that is encountered at line 432. "Config: End of line encountered after expCond".Error is encountered when saving a map made in mcc and then saved and loaded.

Something broke in you mission.sqm open the file and check the syntex.

I have a question that's not only for shay_gman because I'm sure anybody can answer it. I don't know if I got rusty in mission making, but is there a way for me to make a chopper sling lift us with MCC?

I can do it with scripting or simply by hijacking the pilot but I'm %100 sure that there is another easier way, like a waypoint or MCC option (which I couldn't find).

AFAIK there is no sling load item waypoint yet.

I've got some problems with using the DELETE function in MCC. Using said function in mp on my dedi causes the server to freeze up. It doesn't actually crash, nor does it give me any errors but all the players are stuck in place and I have to manually kill the process and reboot the server to regain control.

I've tested the function in SP with the addon version and that works just fine. Using the addon or mission version on the server causes lockups with using delete. Anything else works fine. I've tried it bare bone with no addons except MCC, also tried running no addons and just the mission file.

I'm not sure if something funky is going on with my dedi and mcc, so I'd really appreciate if someone would be able to test this on their dedi and tell me their results.

Many thanks in advance, really appreciate the work you've put in MCC.

How to reproduce:

Spawn a squad.

Select the squad and hit delete.

This always causes my dedi to lockup. Zeus delete seems to work fine.

Edited by NedStar

About the hostage: why do we have do handcuff him before releasing him (ie joining the player team) ?

About radio & GAIA: if a unit doesn't have any radio, does it have some impacts on GAIA and the way this unit is reacting ?

Thx.

I'm just starting with GAIA and I'm sorry if it was asked before, but a I did search and though apparently it was asked, there was apparently no answer from the devs. So the question is, if I spawn units using my own scripts, and handle them to GAIA, do I have to remove their bodies or does MCC take care of that too? I think it's the later, so here's a follow up question: Will me deleting a dead unit produce any kind of conflict with GAIA?

Im not sure if it has been covered. But are there any MCC Templates pack for the All In Arma Terrain Pack and Bornholm that I can use to upload to my dedicated server to run missions for?

I know there are some on steam but they are really difficult to get them onto a dedicated server.

Somebody can tell me why when ever I'm placing a unit (A bunch of soliders) and adding an holding command (Telling them to hold their positon in that spot), after I restart the server and loading the mission the AI getting a new move command without me assigning those commands how can I make them maintain their position and how to stop the units from auto assigning their moving positions.

Shay whenever i attempt to set interaction key.I get a hard crash to desktop.Not sure whats causing it,any ideas?

Currently unable to set this keybinding

Something broke in you mission.sqm open the file and check the syntex.

I am also experiencing this issue with MCC i have narrowed down what is causing it as i have been able to continue editing however having to remove this code isn't elegant or time effective. this is what causes the crash any help on this i would be greatly appreciative of as this is slowing my workflow dramatically.

EDIT:All i can work out is it seems to be some kinda conflict between MCC and CSE sadly my coding knowledge is limited to a very casual level so anyone with more experience/Knowledge have at it

class Sensors   
   {             
       items= 4;
       class Item0
       {
            position[]={0,-0.000207216,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="if ((cba_events_keypressed + 10) < time) then { call cba_events_fnc_attach_handler }";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item1
       {
            position[]={0,-0.00176365,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="call cba_common_fnc_monitorFrameRender";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item2
       {
            position[]={0,-0.00905586,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="
{
_activated = false;
if !([_x] call cse_fnc_checkIEDActivated_IEDS) then {
{
if ([_x] call cse_fnc_checkIEDActivated_IEDS) exitwith { _activated = true;};
}foreach (_x getvariable ['cse_iedCollection', []]);
} else {
_activated = true;
};
if (_activated) exitwith {
CSE_MASTER_IED_COLLECTION deleteAt _foreachIndex;
};
false;
}count CSE_MASTER_IED_COLLECTION;

false;";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
       class Item3
       {
            position[]={0,-0.0217601,0};
            a=50;
            b=50;
            angle=0;
            rectangular=0;
            activationBy="NONE";
            timeoutMin=0;
            timeoutMid=0;
            timeoutMax=0;
            type="PRESENT";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            text="";
            expCond="
{
_activated = false;
if ([_X] call cse_fnc_checkPressurePlateActivated_IEDS) then {
_activated = true;
[_x] call cse_fnc_onIEDActivated_IEDS;
};
if (_activated || isNull _x) exitwith {
CSE_PLAYER_PLACED_PRESSURE_IEDS_IEDS deleteAt _foreachIndex;
};
false;
}count CSE_PLAYER_PLACED_PRESSURE_IEDS_IEDS;
";
            expActiv="";
            expDesactiv="";
            class Effects
            {
            };
       };
   };       

Edited by Deathknight0897

Is there a way to save the default mission settings or a file I can modify?

0KJspEH.jpg

Using the save/load mcc configuration doesn't seem to save the mission settings. Nor does the Save All (sqm) or Save MCC (sqm) options.