shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Im using blastcore,and even with particles on low(though the mod description suggests high) my plooms of smoke are grand enough to conceal a squad from enemy view 90% of the time.Now im also using bcombat which if im not mistaken has a feature for unit to "fire back" on suspected enemy position,or rather last known shooters position,generating that 10%of time bullets come through the smoke at me

Also GAIA has as you might know good feature for at night,AI to fire flares on known enemy positions,again blastcore makes those flares actually illuminate the area,vanilla flares have no real impact.

Just some info there if you dont already have blastcore.

Yeah, we are already using Blastcore. I think there's a small misunderstanding here, my post wasn't about the visual conceilment of the smoke which is fantastic with Blastcore I agree, but about the actual invisible conceilment boxes for the AI generated by smoke grenades. Currently AI doesn't respect the smoke clouds (vanilla or Blastcore) and sees through smoke too well. In A2 with ACE AI they could only roughly supress through smoke, but never take pin point accurate shots at you anymore, most of the time they'd even seize fire completely to conserve ammo.

But as has been pointed out (thanks for answering btw Spirit!) GAIA AI is all about higher AI functionality so I will need to find some AI mod for lower functionality. However, Bcombat is unfortunately single player only and thus of no use for my community. Vcom AI doesn't have proper smoke conceilment scripts as far as I know from my tests. Oh well, the search must go on I guess. =)

Other question: We are having a lot of issues with JIP players joining in and the MCC weather not properly syncing with their clients, i.e. for the majority of players who joined at the beginning of the mission the weather is correctly set to heavy rain while JIP players get all kinds of different weathers once they join. Is there a way to fix this on my end or is it a general issue of MCC? We already tried running @iniDBi on our server and it didn't have any effect on the issue.

Hi! Is there any issue when deleting units with MCC? I was testing today how to do a helo evac, and when I tried to delete a helo, my server froze, and it wasn't active until I left it and joined again. I tested it several times and every single one happened the same thing.

any word on the update? was supposed to come last weekend. I really want to implement MCC back again on our server as I cant right now because everybody has access right after they respawwn :/

@DenzelW

Well xMas inbound, new year, a job change, 3 kids, shay getting married. Last part of the year usually is not a lot of scripty arma stuff going on. Maybe Shay will go nuts one of these days and release something, but my bet would be in the new year. When boring January gets us back on the keys :)

But don't confuse low scripting with low activity. My brain is going nuts on idea's, including for what I hear on the forums also. Beginning next year I want to raise GAIA to frightening levels in our own MCC;)

Anyways.

@ALL

Have a great X-mas and an awesome new year guys/girls. We see you somewhere in the new year!

Spirit

Thank you spirit6 for the greetings.

Recharge yourself, ready for another great year developing MCC :)

Ok guys I have the update more or less ready - it's holds a lot of new stuff that i'll need testing in MP with some guys.

So I need some European time zone clan or casual MCC users that are willing to be my guinea pigs and are playing together :)

...casual MCC users that are willing to be my guinea pigs...

Sounds like my kinda job, Sign me in!

Casual Guinea pigs? When and where :)

I could also bring some guys(depending on when) and most probably a server :)

Edited by DenzelW

Aight so, I was using MCC as a 3D editor of sorts. I made a neat set up that took me about 3 hours, then I went into save/load, aaand when I clicked Save All [sQF], jack all happend, no copy, no notes, no errors, just plain, nothing.

Ok guys I have the update more or less ready - it's holds a lot of new stuff that i'll need testing in MP with some guys.

So I need some European time zone clan or casual MCC users that are willing to be my guinea pigs and are playing together :)

When should it be the testing?

I live in Italy, so it should be ok but I don't know if I'm at PC.

I'll happy to help you if I can.

Lets do this! When and where? Some german player wishing to support ya wörk, too!

ku-xlarge.jpg

All who wants to join click on my Avatar Skype or add me nick: shay_gman and we'll form a test group.

Couple of things I can't figure out

1. Is there a way to setup it for multiple people to use MCC at the same time? I can't find anything under settings or module options and it seems like it would be possible for multiple MCC mission makers.

2. Hijack seems to bug out when a player kills your hijacked AI. You never go back to your other player. Any fixes?

Aight, so I got the Save/Load to work, but now, when I load it all up, in the editor that is, I spawn in as a Russian from RHS, which I wanted, but three NATO crewmen spawn next to me, and , well you can guess the rest. So yeah, any help would be helpful.

Is anyone having issue's with MCC where one of your squadmates spawns as a civilian? It's really weird, happened several times now and is really random. They're classed as bluefor by the server, but the moment they spawn in the world, they're purple on the map and friendly AI units start shooting them. I can't seem to find the cause of the problem, nor a solution, but I reckon it has something to do with MCC.

*edit*

Confirmed, turned MCC off, and now it doesn't happen anymore. Still no solution tho.

Edited by Lexstock

Yeah, we are already using Blastcore. I think there's a small misunderstanding here, my post wasn't about the visual conceilment of the smoke which is fantastic with Blastcore I agree, but about the actual invisible conceilment boxes for the AI generated by smoke grenades. Currently AI doesn't respect the smoke clouds (vanilla or Blastcore) and sees through smoke too well. In A2 with ACE AI they could only roughly supress through smoke, but never take pin point accurate shots at you anymore, most of the time they'd even seize fire completely to conserve ammo.

AI cannot see through Vanilla smoke in A3. Tested it sometime during the A3 beta. Unless something has changed of course!!!

Hey guys, I have some questions regarding GAIA:

I have a mission that doesn't have the GAIA module down, only the MCC Settings module and AGM Medical. No other modules.

For this mission, whenever I spawn AI, they have the (G) behind their name. This means that they've been assigned to GAIA, right? We had the GAIA module down, but had to remove it because GAIA continuously assigns waypoints to units even after they've been given move orders by the Zeus controller. This is driving my unit's ZEUS controllers insane. We removed the module that gives AI to GAIA, but this is still happening with every unit spawned via MCC. Are all MCC units spawned to GAIA regardless of all else now? Are we doing something wrong? We need to be able to spawn units and groups without GAIA giving them orders.

Here's the mission file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cnzcjbcrxrva41/_506th_standdown_01_v1.Takistan.pbo?dl=0

Edited by MacScottie

Other question: We are having a lot of issues with JIP players joining in and the MCC weather not properly syncing with their clients, i.e. for the majority of players who joined at the beginning of the mission the weather is correctly set to heavy rain while JIP players get all kinds of different weathers once they join. Is there a way to fix this on my end or is it a general issue of MCC? We already tried running @iniDBi on our server and it didn't have any effect on the issue.

Bumping this again since it might have gotten overlooked.

I don't have a dedicated server. With MCC 4, can I create a multiplayer game and play with some friends and save it and load it again later putting us back where we left off?

Here is a sneak peek from the upcoming Update. Shay_gman was generous to visit our server for testing the new stuff. Keep track of it, lots of cool stuff incoming which are not in the video

Here is a sneak peek from the upcoming Update. Shay_gman was generous to visit our server for testing the new stuff. Keep track of it, lots of cool stuff incoming which are not in the video

TR: "Üstad" lakabı olsa olsa Shay_gman'e yakışır zaten :cool:.

EN: The title of "Master" could only fit Shay_gman so much :cool:.

Couple of things I can't figure out

1. Is there a way to setup it for multiple people to use MCC at the same time? I can't find anything under settings or module options and it seems like it would be possible for multiple MCC mission makers.

2. Hijack seems to bug out when a player kills your hijacked AI. You never go back to your other player. Any fixes?

1. No MCC is only for one mission maker at a time - you should log out if you want another to log in.

Aight, so I got the Save/Load to work, but now, when I load it all up, in the editor that is, I spawn in as a Russian from RHS, which I wanted, but three NATO crewmen spawn next to me, and , well you can guess the rest. So yeah, any help would be helpful.

Edit the mission in the mission editor and delete this 3 NATO from the files.

Is anyone having issue's with MCC where one of your squadmates spawns as a civilian? It's really weird, happened several times now and is really random. They're classed as bluefor by the server, but the moment they spawn in the world, they're purple on the map and friendly AI units start shooting them. I can't seem to find the cause of the problem, nor a solution, but I reckon it has something to do with MCC.

*edit*

Confirmed, turned MCC off, and now it doesn't happen anymore. Still no solution tho.

Is that with AI squadmates or real players?

Hey guys, I have some questions regarding GAIA:

I have a mission that doesn't have the GAIA module down, only the MCC Settings module and AGM Medical. No other modules.

For this mission, whenever I spawn AI, they have the (G) behind their name. This means that they've been assigned to GAIA, right? We had the GAIA module down, but had to remove it because GAIA continuously assigns waypoints to units even after they've been given move orders by the Zeus controller. This is driving my unit's ZEUS controllers insane. We removed the module that gives AI to GAIA, but this is still happening with every unit spawned via MCC. Are all MCC units spawned to GAIA regardless of all else now? Are we doing something wrong? We need to be able to spawn units and groups without GAIA giving them orders.

Here's the mission file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cnzcjbcrxrva41/_506th_standdown_01_v1.Takistan.pbo?dl=0

Make sure you have GAIA module settings to control only spawned AI and not all the AI on the server.

If you'll assign the move WP from MCC and not from Zeus the AI will lose GAIA control once you issue new WP to them.

You can spawn AI without GAIA by pressing the create button instead of the spawn to zone button and clicking on the map where you want to spawn them.

Bumping this again since it might have gotten overlooked.

It wasn't overlooked... i'll look into it.

I don't have a dedicated server. With MCC 4, can I create a multiplayer game and play with some friends and save it and load it again later putting us back where we left off?

Yes but it will only save the mission progresss not the players stats.

Thank you for the testing night guys ;)

God damn that video is amazing. That grenade throw was boner material, you're the man shay.

Am i wrong if i say i already saw the same mechanic somewhere ? I think dyslexci ( that nickname man ) did something like that in ArmA 2, but it never saw the light of day.

Am i wrong if i say i already saw the same mechanic somewhere?

It's also in AGM, and probably in CSE.