shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

You should check out CSE - Combat Space Enhancement. The medical system is totally top-notch. As per experience with my dedicated server: it plays well with MCC, too.

I don't know if I'll make a medical system yet but I'm sure that if I'll do I'll try to keep it intuitive and simple as there are a lot of complex medical systems out there I prefer the simple ones for co-op or PvP where there should be some team work and need for a medic but the medic doesn't have to go through a lot of dialogs and carry 10 different items to heal a wounded player – as no matter what we'll do medic system will never be immersive because if a soldier got hit he is ineffective no matter if you blood transfuse him or you are putting a tourniquet on his wound. I would love to see a medical system that involve medevac as when a player got hit seriously hit he will automatically respawn but you can salvage his ticket or a portion of it if you can medevac him to base – but this will be an very complex to play with…. So I don't know and this is where your opinion counts – give me ideas.

Is it possible to get back the commander console as an item? I dont like the idea with having a commander who somehow have a console.

Nope the commander console will stay as it is for now.

How do I completely remove MCC from my mission?

I use MCC to help edit my missions (Zeus, 3D editor for some placement, etc) but I seem to have made a small mistake and now it won't run at all on my server (which does not run MCC). When I start the mission, players can join and slot up, but actually loading the mission causes the server to kick out to the mission select screen. It says MCC things in the RPT which should never be happening, and then it says "Attempt to override final function - mcc_fnc_makemarker" before it kicks out to the select screen.

I simply do not want MCC in my mission. I tried removing a crate that seemed to be from MCC, removing some markers from my map, and resaving the mission and reuploading it to my server. I cannot seem to remove it from my mission.

I checked the mission.sqm file and there is no reference to MCC whatsoever. Why is it loading in my mission even if there's no mention of it in the .sqm file? How do I remove it completely?

Search the mission.sqm for anything that have the MCC phrase in it vehicle class and remove it.

Hey I love this mod but I was wondering if there is any way to limit the interactions available to the player. I really want the player to be able to use the door breaching but don't want them to be able to use the MCC interactions to enter vehicles as it overrides my script which only allows particular players (pilots) to be in the pilot or co-pilot seat. Is there a way to get the door breaching and other interactions with the multi tool script alone?

Thanks again for an awesome mod

So far not the script checks if the vehicle is locked I can add a variable like "MCC_vechileLock" if that will help.

Clear yer inbox shay :-p.

I did, thanks for the great sounds mate.

Hello Shay_Gman, Spirit, and all others who have worked on this fantastic addon.

first of all, as a mission maker I'd like to say thank you very much for lightening my workload and adding infinite versatility to my missions. I run a small squad and we went from 1 new mission a week that I would work on for 6 days, to everyone collaborating on different bases, having multiple missions and side ops by the hour. We have a reason to rent a server and continue this game because of MCC.

I have run into a problem while testing some persistent missions that I was hoping you or someone here may have some knowledge about.

In the arma editor, I've created a sector control module with respawn tickets, ticket bleeding, several zones, resupply etc. Its all meant to be a persistent and changing warfare environment that our small squad can work around. While testing, I discovered I could not teleport. When I got to the destination, the screen would grey out and act as if I crash landed. I would get a birds eye view on my character, now an AI, and in the corner it would say Restricted Area, also giving me a message saying "you have safely crash landed, but your chopper is destroyed. Since you survived your respawn time will be shorter and there will be no penalty." After a short while it will respawn me back at my designated spawn point.

This has nothing to do with MCC other than the way MCC teleports you, and I'm not asking anyone to change that. I was curious if there is a way around this by way of the BIS module? Maybe something I can put in the init or execution of the module itself to deactivate this respawn function? Maybe something that would make you invincible for 5 seconds after the MCC respawn?

I have over 800 hours in the game, maybe half of that being editing time. I'm no expert, but I am savvy on placing/removing scripts or snippets of code with instructions, creating description and init files, etc. All creative solutions would be much appreciated as this persistent environment is something we've wanted for a long time, and it goes perfectly with MCC as far as creating missions / zones. Please feel free to move this post to an appropriate thread if needed. I searched the forums but this seemed to be a pretty specific conflict.

Thank you

CptBeal

52nd Expeditionary Task Force

Edit: problem found and solved.

Hi,

"you have safely crash landed, but your chopper is destroyed. Since you survived your respawn time will be shorter and there will be no penalty." This messege is not from MCC I can assure you that.

Can you give me more info? Are you using MCC restricted zones module?

Is there any way to disable the mcc respawn selection? Zeus already has it, and the MCC one seems to bug out a lot and keep me from re-spawning.

Yes you can place the MCC (settings) module and disable it from there:

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Modules

Edited by shay_gman

I don't know if I'll make a medical system yet but I'm sure that if I'll do I'll try to keep it intuitive and simple as there are a lot of complex medical systems out there I prefer the simple ones for co-op or PvP where there should be some team work and need for a medic but the medic doesn't have to go through a lot of dialogs and carry 10 different items to heal a wounded player – as no matter what we'll do medic system will never be immersive because if a soldier got hit he is ineffective no matter if you blood transfuse him or you are putting a tourniquet on his wound. I would love to see a medical system that involve medevac as when a player got hit seriously hit he will automatically respawn but you can salvage his ticket or a portion of it if you can medevac him to base – but this will be an very complex to play with…. So I don't know and this is where your opinion counts – give me ideas.

I agree to your medical system vision.

If you ask me what should have a medical system I can suggest a script that is really good for me but that has some issues and now I can't use.

This is the Grime's Simple Revive Script .

I think it is simple but with all the features I like:

- configurable

- easy to do the medic (like you said without using too many special items or medical process)

- load/unload wounded inside vehicles

- Drag&Carry option

I think that these are my needed options from a simple (but powerful) medical system.

Now you should say me "why I have to do the same when there is already a script?". My reply is that:

1 - your support is really good and I hope that if BIS change something, you'll be here to update your script (for Grime's script it seems that he doesn't have time to update it)

2 - it could be integrated very well with the others MCC functionalities (I'm thinking for example to the different respawn methods)

3 - Grime's script seems to have a random problem with the health check after an hit because sometime the soldier dies without going into unconscius state. Others scripts have the same problem and I think it's related how Arma3 check this matter. In any case I hope that, if you go on with a medical system, you'll find a robust solution... make the magic! :)

If you'll not go on with a medical system, no problem... MCC is already a really useful & powerful tool.

Shay,

Bug report on the commander console artillery module of the r12 update (setup is four AI scorchers, 100% ammo and fuel, map is Thirsk Winter, using the console, with a parameter reset between each fire mission):

- I still get an enormous amount of spread using the PRECISE spread mode. Like more than 50m (despite what's written in the r12 changelog). So to hit my targets I'm sticking with LASER spread mode.

- If I select my four guns and ask them to fire in a single mission (setup is 155mm HE, xx, LASER, For Effect):

3 shells: they fire 2 and then go to sleep mode.

4 shells: they fire 2 and then go to sleep mode.

5 shells: two will fire 3 and two will fire 2, then all go to sleep mode.

6 shells: they fire 3 shells and then go to sleep mode.

7 shells: they fire 3 shells and then go to sleep mode.

8 shells: one will fire 3 shells, three will fire 4 shells, then all go to sleep mode.

9 shells: they fire 4 shells and then go to sleep mode

10 shells: they fire 4 shells and then go to sleep mode

Conclusions (so far):

- AI artillery won't fire more than 4 shells in a single fire mission.

- Cannot assign the same fire mission to four M109A6 Paladins (RHS escalation mod). The console thinks they are four different guns and I get an error message on the top left hand corner (I guess there's nothing to be done here)

I will proceed to more testing in the morrow.

Great job on the update and the wikia!

Edited by JustMtz

Hey shay and team! I'm back to using MCC! I have a couple of requests: In the MCC module, can you add 20% skill under the AI skill settings for aiming? After years of testing, a lot of us have come to the conclusion that 20-22% is all around the best aiming skill for ArmA AI.

Additionally, do you know if it would be possible to write into GAIA something that will extend the range of AI? I made a similar request in the RHS thread. Essentially AI won't engage past ~400m on a lot of weapons and that leads to just a shooting gallery with a lot of AI. There are mods that fix this like VTS Duckhunt, but that's only for vanilla weapons. FFIS was real good about this, but it hasn't been updated in a long time :( Is that something you think you could do via GAIA or some GAIA settings? That would be fantastic.

Love,

Jester <3 XOXO

Hi Shay

Thanks for the awesome mod. I just have a question about the AI. When you use ZEUS (logged in through MCC tab not curator module) to spawn units, will these units use the skill settings you predefined in MCC or will they be vanilla skill settings. Also will they be spawned server side or client side.

Once again thanks for the awesome mod.

Hi! I wonder ,if you can make the MCC search for all planes and choppers,"AIR" and automatically add them as CAS in the MCC Console and make the CAS work in Zeus + MCC

at the same time.Search all addons for air assets?

Thanks for a great mod.

Hey shay and team! I'm back to using MCC! I have a couple of requests: In the MCC module, can you add 20% skill under the AI skill settings for aiming? After years of testing, a lot of us have come to the conclusion that 20-22% is all around the best aiming skill for ArmA AI.

Additionally, do you know if it would be possible to write into GAIA something that will extend the range of AI? I made a similar request in the RHS thread. Essentially AI won't engage past ~400m on a lot of weapons and that leads to just a shooting gallery with a lot of AI. There are mods that fix this like VTS Duckhunt, but that's only for vanilla weapons. FFIS was real good about this, but it hasn't been updated in a long time :( Is that something you think you could do via GAIA or some GAIA settings? That would be fantastic.

Love,

Jester <3 XOXO

Hey Jester this is the team (a.k.a Spirit) typing :)

For now I dont think there is room for AI improvement on that level. When I wrote GAIA as replacement for UPSMON, I made the choice to only take on the higher level lead elements into the system. This means that GAIA holds a group itself as the lowest element she controls and does not influence the solo elements (soldiers) in a squad.

That said. There might be no room for it in GAIA but if it holds not to much work then there is probably room in the SETTINGS part of MCC. I check it out. I expect to be active again on MCC building somewhere this week. Work and real life ate me up last few weeks.

Shay or Spirit,

you have already implemented the best weapon resting system in the history of Armaverse. Have you considered implementing wind meter as well? Something like wind meter from ACE2 would be just enough (I'm not talking about the Kestrel!)

Edited by sunrrrise

I was wondering if it's possible to get the ARP2 objects pack to show up in MCC's editor. I really feel it would be easier to place objects using MCC's 3D editor, but it seems like the ARP2 objects weren't configured properly and don't show up anywhere except in the regular mission editor. So I wanted to ask, is there a way to see those objects in MCC? They certainly don't appear in Zeus.

Hey Jester this is the team (a.k.a Spirit) typing :)

For now I dont think there is room for AI improvement on that level. When I wrote GAIA as replacement for UPSMON, I made the choice to only take on the higher level lead elements into the system. This means that GAIA holds a group itself as the lowest element she controls and does not influence the solo elements (soldiers) in a squad.

That said. There might be no room for it in GAIA but if it holds not to much work then there is probably room in the SETTINGS part of MCC. I check it out. I expect to be active again on MCC building somewhere this week. Work and real life ate me up last few weeks.

Thanks for the response spirit :)

An MCC setting somewhere would be 100% just as good. I use MCC and GAIA together so I more or less consider them the same thing. I look forward to future updates!

Can you please update the Steam Workshop wit the newest edition of MCC,currently only V1.1 in there!

tnx,john

Shay,

Bug report on the commander console artillery module of the r12 update (setup is four AI scorchers, 100% ammo and fuel, map is Thirsk Winter, using the console, with a parameter reset between each fire mission):

- I still get an enormous amount of spread using the PRECISE spread mode. Like more than 50m (despite what's written in the r12 changelog). So to hit my targets I'm sticking with LASER spread mode.

- If I select my four guns and ask them to fire in a single mission (setup is 155mm HE, xx, LASER, For Effect):

3 shells: they fire 2 and then go to sleep mode.

4 shells: they fire 2 and then go to sleep mode.

5 shells: two will fire 3 and two will fire 2, then all go to sleep mode.

6 shells: they fire 3 shells and then go to sleep mode.

7 shells: they fire 3 shells and then go to sleep mode.

8 shells: one will fire 3 shells, three will fire 4 shells, then all go to sleep mode.

9 shells: they fire 4 shells and then go to sleep mode

10 shells: they fire 4 shells and then go to sleep mode

Conclusions (so far):

- AI artillery won't fire more than 4 shells in a single fire mission.

- Cannot assign the same fire mission to four M109A6 Paladins (RHS escalation mod). The console thinks they are four different guns and I get an error message on the top left hand corner (I guess there's nothing to be done here)

I will proceed to more testing in the morrow.

Great job on the update and the wikia!

Thank you for updating the wikia.

So far there wasn't any update to the artillery I've already made the changes but didn't release it yet.

Regarding addons artillery it should work if they are defined according to ArmA 3 artillery configs.

Wait till next release and check it out.

Love,

Jester <3 XOXO

The setting module has already take care of. I'll release an update soon.

Regarding max range for AI I can do it pretty easy and it is more of a config thing then GAIA thing but there are two catches:

1. The procedure is easy just rewriting two config entry one for the weapon max range and the next for the weapon hit chance. The problem is that since It is config's wise people won't be able to turn it off – so it is kind of forcing my play style, which I usually do but I also usually leave the players the ability to turn off MCC features.

2. The 2nd thing is that it had to be done to every weapon out there so I'll need to download any AI mod and see which weapons the AI uses and change them, and this requires first, a lot of maintenance and a lot of procedural work.

Hi Shay

Thanks for the awesome mod. I just have a question about the AI. When you use ZEUS (logged in through MCC tab not curator module) to spawn units, will these units use the skill settings you predefined in MCC or will they be vanilla skill settings. Also will they be spawned server side or client side.

Once again thanks for the awesome mod.

The Zeus mechanics itself hasn’t changed that mean – AI will be local with the default server settings.

Hi! I wonder ,if you can make the MCC search for all planes and choppers,"AIR" and automatically add them as CAS in the MCC Console and make the CAS work in Zeus + MCC

at the same time.Search all addons for air assets?

Thanks for a great mod.

Well this is how it works. MCC automatically loads the addons.

Shay or Spirit,

you have already implemented the best weapon resting system in the history of Armaverse. Have you considered implementing wind meter as well? Something like wind meter from ACE2 would be just enough (I'm not talking about the Kestrel!)

Not till today. ')

I was wondering if it's possible to get the ARP2 objects pack to show up in MCC's editor. I really feel it would be easier to place objects using MCC's 3D editor, but it seems like the ARP2 objects weren't configured properly and don't show up anywhere except in the regular mission editor. So I wanted to ask, is there a way to see those objects in MCC? They certainly don't appear in Zeus.

Well MCC automatically search for addons but it the mod maker created a new type name for its objects MCC won't find them.

it conflict with TMR Autorest, can we figure about this :(

You can turn the weapon resting off from MCC settings.

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_settings

Can you please update the Steam Workshop wit the newest edition of MCC,currently only V1.1 in there!

tnx,john

It should be up to date I'll check it out. .

Yes i can turn off the resting in MCC but it conflict with tmr so tmr can't rest the weapon everywhere :(

2. The 2nd thing is that it had to be done to every weapon out there so I'll need to download any AI mod and see which weapons the AI uses and change them, and this requires first, a lot of maintenance and a lot of procedural work.

I was afraid of something like that. I'm pretty sure FFIS got around this somehow. All the AI in FFIS would engage out to long distances IIRC. Maybe I was just using enemies with vanilla weapons while I was running with FFIS. I don't know if it's worth the amount of effort you'd have to put into it.

I was afraid of something like that. I'm pretty sure FFIS got around this somehow. All the AI in FFIS would engage out to long distances IIRC. Maybe I was just using enemies with vanilla weapons while I was running with FFIS. I don't know if it's worth the amount of effort you'd have to put into it.

Macscottie

Not sure you got it,but your initial post on RHS regarding max range for engagements was awnsered by me with a possible solution(which worked for me)

Go take a look there at my reply to see if the info is of any use.

Hello everyone on BIS forums and thanks to the creator of this mod for making it possible to make missions with ease for those who are new to it (like me).

I'm currently making an MP mission for me and my friends to play and it involves some nice furnished interiors. However, when saving my mission to profile in MCC and then loading it back in next time I wish to edit, this happens to almost all of my small objects placed on surfaces: h ttp://i.imgur.com/ngah1te.png (can't even post links yet ffs)

All of the objects shown here have simulation disabled.

Is there any way to fix this other than manually adjusting positions of all objects whenever you load the mission?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread — I couldn't really find a support/throubleshooting thread for MCC.

Thanks.

Will MCC ever include enemy AI respawn function?

It does already

Guys, that big "Camera" button on top of MCC now only starts BIs Splendid Camera. But before it was bound to a communities cam script, which had some nice features. What I'm missing is now all the different following modes...

Have you removed the cam script?

It does already

I have been working with a new mission using this code on the AI init. I have found they don't respawn, and the same with choppers. Yes, I am using GAIA files inside of my mission folder. Shouldn't mcc be able to pick up the AI which are assigned with GAIA code in console? Keen to make a mission where a battle is constant. Is there any fix to have a respawn more than 99, like infinity?

(group this) setVariable ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN",20, true];  (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["5", "NOFOLLOW"], false];

I have been working with a new mission using this code on the AI init. I have found they don't respawn, and the same with choppers. Yes, I am using GAIA files inside of my mission folder. Shouldn't mcc be able to pick up the AI which are assigned with GAIA code in console? Keen to make a mission where a battle is constant. Is there any fix to have a respawn more than 99, like infinity?

(group this) setVariable ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN",20, true];  (group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["5", "NOFOLLOW"], false];

What you mean with GAIA files inside my mission folder? You either use MCC or the GAIA template stand alone "http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183056-Mission-Template-Stand-Alone-GAIA-Make-missions-FAST-by-using-MCC-GAIA-engine" (that is all the gaia code in your mission folder), if you use combined then it will run twice with undersired results. Last time i checked respawn code it worked fine, but i go check again.

If you mean you use group inits to set the variables as you do, then indeed it should work. I get back to you with a testresult with latest build MCC.

Wana throw this out there....

Possibly if someone could confirm this has happened on their end,i can narrow the problem down.

This issue is rare but has happened three times this last 2 weeks,and as far back as last mcc update.But may be unrelated to mcc.

Issue is that whenever my character picks up a weapon from having none equipped,and later takes damage and heals,the healing sound effects loop constantly,and MCC is not present in the scroll wheel.

This happened in singleplayer.

Ihave been trying to reproduce,and once i did replicate it,it was the third time issue occured.

My theory is that it could be SAMO mod which adds commands to scroll wheel aslo.However at that time of issue,i was not squad leader,so SAMO wasnt "on"