shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

But the missions I am trying to play are not mine so I cannot edit the missions in editor.

You have to use PBOmanager.exe to open the PBO file of that missions,and copy all the files in it to one of your editor mission's folder,then you would make a clone of that missions.

You have to use PBOmanager.exe to open the PBO file of that missions,and copy all the files in it to one of your editor mission's folder,then you would make a clone of that missions.

OK yeah that works. Awesome thanks very much. Just one more thing though. I noticed that the AI isnt being controlled by gaia. How do I go about enabling that without having to do it manually everytime I restart?

OK yeah that works. Awesome thanks very much. Just one more thing though. I noticed that the AI isnt being controlled by gaia. How do I go about enabling that without having to do it manually everytime I restart?

No diea,also have this issue myself

Guys if you have learned something from owr posts please chip in and help us expend the MCC Wiki, Scotty already added some info and anyhelp will be great.

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MCCSandbox_Wiki

But I keep going in to the unconscious state... The server is running the most recent version, and so am I...

Well maybe you are playing the mission version and running some old MCC mission that had Psycho ArmA3 wounding system? As for now MCC doesn't have any medic system. :j:

Hey Shay,

Two things: # could you add a brush to delete items on the ground. IE a player laying a bunch of magazines on the ground or gear. I would like to be able to delete those to save server resources.

Secondly I can't seem to give the player more than one virtual arty piece. As well as when I do (by adding in physical arty pieces), and they call in a multi shot strike on a target, it only ever seems to launch one round. I am using the mod version, and my players have the mod as well. They might fire

the additional rounds, but if they do it's like 5 minutes after the first strike splashes. Even when the arty is given a 0 delay.

# The delete brush delete items from the ground AFAIK

# For having more than one virtual cannon you'll need to add this "HW_Arti_CannonNumber = 1;" to the mission's init.sqf file and change the amount of cannons as you desire.

#Regarding AI artillery I'll check it out but the doArtillery command for an AI is depends on the loading time of the canon and not on the delay.

Hi Folks

can someone explain to me how I do for two person have access to mission maker from MCC 4. I play with my friend with the MCC 4 but only I can log in, but not my friend, can someone explain to me how to do my friend also have access, for example: my friend logs in mission maker only if I logout yet when it tries to call a CAS appears to him denied access. how do I get it and I use the MCC usually.

MCC is restricted to one Mission Maker at a time – and it is not going to change soon. If you want to give your friend access to some limited features let him have the Commnader Console or Zeus.

@Redarmy

We normally run the Mission version. We would be willing to go to the Mod version but no one has told us how to get the Mod version working with maps.

As it stands if we move away from the Mission version then we just have a bunch of maps on our server for Vanilla Zeus.

So then, if we use the Mod version, what MAPS do we use in conjunction with it? Or do we need to make our own missions with just a quick spawnpoint somwhere, on the map we want?

Thank you for trying to help.

Well first of all the mod version is equipped with default template missions for most of the map out there. So when you'll run the mod you should see MCC template in every map.

Secondly, it is best to create your own template as a FOB with some basic equipment/vehicles or whatever you like and put in the mission template all the scripts and MCC modules you like to play with as MCC Will work on any map with any mission.

hey,i cant use the breaching system of MCC with AGM,as AGM had changed the explosive system.So how could I use that breaching system with AGM?

What have changed? There is no claymore class anymore?

Hey Shay, thanks for the help on Youtube the other day.

Do you think you'll ever have it so you can have multiple users using MCC at the same time similar to how the multiple Zeus setup works?

I'm currently trying to setup Assistant DMs for my group as we play more in a "DnD" type session for Arma 3. The issue with multiple Zeus is they can't control units they don't place.

We'll I can take a chance and just increase the limit of MCC mission makers in 2 minutes but we can get some unexpected behavior – although most likely not as MCC works on the server and the client only sends requests to the server.

I don't know – maybe we'll have it in the next version but I'll need to do some testing and I'm looking for active European time zone, MCC oriented team that will be happy to host me and my crazy testing.

Make sure you have a multi-tool and claymores in your inventory. Go up to any door, hold your MCC interact key, and you will see the option to either lock / unlock doors as well as place a breaching charge (claymores). 100% on Altis + Stratis, with many doors now working in alternate maps.

Don't forget to pick up a video probe too if you haven't already.

Thanks for your answers, Shay.

Also thanks for the link to the video, but I've already watched it many, many times. Same for your video on the bon forward observer.

A few more questions from my part:

- Could it be that using the artillery module of the console and the coordinates of a target on a vanilla map works way better than on a custom map?

- It seems setting up the artillery gun on a flat surface as close to the sea level as possible help things greatly when it comes to fire solutions. Can you confirm that?

- I am using this GPS and a Vector IV rangefinder to directly input the XY coordinates of the target in lieu and place of using the ruler and direction tools to gain accuracy. Do you think it is a viable alternative?

- Could you give us an approximate size of spread in meters for each firing mode (precise, tight, scattered, wide and laser), please?

- About the correction: does the correction modifies the original point of target or the point of last impact?

- Does firing a gun with the same solution several times in a row increase accuracy? (it does not seem to be the case, which is too bad)

- When I miss a target, how can I know if my calculations are wrong, or if it is just the shell spread?

I love the MCC artillery module and the possibilities it offers, but I it is so damn inaccurate. I know it is inaccurate on purpose for the reasons you mentioned earlier, but I feel so frustrated. I mean, what's the point of doing all these calculations and target designating if your shells are going to impact with a 100m spread even though I'm using the "precise" mode?

I frequently play with 50+ people on missions, and we cannot use the MCC artillery as a fire support if the shells are too inaccurate and risk killing our operators.

I would be grateful if you could provide the players with the option of either making the artillery roughly as accurate as in vanilla, or realistically inaccurate.

Another thing I thought of: provide the commander console with a sixth firing mode, the "on target" which is available to the MCC GM when calling artillery. That way, forward observers can do all kind of fire missions and support, and if they kill their mates, it is because they fucked up their calculations and not because of shell spread/game mechanic.

Thanks again for your work on the mod and for your answers. Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but I am truly passionate about this artillery module :)

EDIT: I found a way to be precise with the artillery. I use laser guided shells without guiding them. Since they have nowhere to go, they fall right on the coordinates (+/- 10m which is very acceptable).

Long post…. :p

- Artillery should work the same for vanilla and non-vanilla maps.

- Ofc, when your elevation is zero there are less calculations to be had so more chance to hit.

- Anything that will give you range and azimuth to the target will work.

- Precise is 50 meters spread, tight is 100 meters, Scattered, 150m, Wide 200m and Laser is dead-on.

- The correction always relevant to the original adjust fire.

- No firing a gun time after time with the same firing solution will cause the same behavior less the cannon movement from the recoil of the last round.

Why would you get better results while doing the same fire solution without correction.

As A. Einstein once said: The definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. :cool:

- Well that is a good question – I think I'll need to reduce the precise to 0 correction.

Well I appreciate your posts so far and you had me convinced that I need to make the precise a bit more precise – just like the laser rounds. :bounce3:

You can either select all the groups with a bounding box from MCC and press the "Give to GAIA" button or you can put the GAIA settings module in the mission and declare that GAIA controls all.

Keep in mind that with this option on GAIA will give the players waypoints but you don't have to follow them although it is nice to sit in a helicopter and spawn some Bluefor and Opfor squads all over the map and waiting for GAIA to give you S&D calls for CAS as the AI fights.:cool:

Guys if you have learned something from owr posts please chip in and help us expend the MCC Wiki, Scotty already added some info and anyhelp will be great.

http://mccsandbox.wikia.com/wiki/MCCSandbox_Wiki

Well maybe you are playing the mission version and running some old MCC mission that had Psycho ArmA3 wounding system? As for now MCC doesn't have any medic system. :j:

# The delete brush delete items from the ground AFAIK

# For having more than one virtual cannon you'll need to add this "HW_Arti_CannonNumber = 1;" to the mission's init.sqf file and change the amount of cannons as you desire.

#Regarding AI artillery I'll check it out but the doArtillery command for an AI is depends on the loading time of the canon and not on the delay.

MCC is restricted to one Mission Maker at a time – and it is not going to change soon. If you want to give your friend access to some limited features let him have the Commnader Console or Zeus.

Well first of all the mod version is equipped with default template missions for most of the map out there. So when you'll run the mod you should see MCC template in every map.

Secondly, it is best to create your own template as a FOB with some basic equipment/vehicles or whatever you like and put in the mission template all the scripts and MCC modules you like to play with as MCC Will work on any map with any mission.

What have changed? There is no claymore class anymore?

We'll I can take a chance and just increase the limit of MCC mission makers in 2 minutes but we can get some unexpected behavior – although most likely not as MCC works on the server and the client only sends requests to the server.

I don't know – maybe we'll have it in the next version but I'll need to do some testing and I'm looking for active European time zone, MCC oriented team that will be happy to host me and my crazy testing.

Long post…. :p

- Ofc, when your elevation is zero there are less calculations to be had so more chance to hit.

- Precise is 50 meters spread, tight is 100 meters, Scattered, 150m, Wide 200m and Laser is dead-on.

- No firing a gun time after time with the same firing solution will cause the same behavior less the cannon movement from the recoil of the last round.

Why would you get better results while doing the same fire solution without correction.

As A. Einstein once said: The definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. :cool:

- Well that is a good question – I think I'll need to reduce the precise to 0 correction.

Well I appreciate your posts so far and you had me convinced that I need to make the precise a bit more precise – just like the laser rounds. :bounce3:

You can either select all the groups with a bounding box from MCC and press the "Give to GAIA" button or you can put the GAIA settings module in the mission and declare that GAIA controls all.

Keep in mind that with this option on GAIA will give the players waypoints but you don't have to follow them although it is nice to sit in a helicopter and spawn some Bluefor and Opfor squads all over the map and waiting for GAIA to give you S&D calls for CAS as the AI fights.:cool:

Never mind,it's my fault.The claymore still in game and now everything is fine.

Long post….

As A. Einstein once said: The definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Well I appreciate your posts so far and you had me convinced that I need to make the precise a bit more precise – just like the laser rounds.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these posts. You're the best!

- The definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Yeah. I don't know what I was thinking. It makes no sense now that I think about it. I've been spending my last few nights playing around with the artillery and I think I need some sleep :D

I've been experimenting with the different modes of shell grouping (precise, tight, scattered, wide and laser). Here's what I've been doing: I select three guns and feed them the exact xray and yankee coordinates of the target, 0 dist and 0 dir.

I shoot three regular HE shells with "laser" grouping. They fall +/-10m around the target. Then I reset all the guns and I click cancel. After that, I'm ready to make another fire mission. This works fine.

But if I don't reset and cancel, it seems when I order my guns to fire again at the same target with the same coordinates, they will hit further and further away from the original impact grouping.

Is this just me going cray-cray or can you confirm that? Is it on purpose?

Concerning the correction +/- distance and left-right, I honestly think it is not usable for now. +/- 50m is way too big of an increment.

So far, here's my two cents for making the module more fun to play while keeping a challenging and realistic-ish system of calculations and adjustment:

- Grouping:

Laser - 5m spread (I would suggest changing the name to something else, since it can get confusing with the laser guided shells and all. Or at least put it at the beginning of the list, before "Precise" so the player knows the list is in descending order of accuracy)

Precise - 10m spread

Tight - 50m spread

Scattered - 100m spread

Wide - 200m spread

- Correction:

Increments of +/- 15m (or maybe 20m, but that is still quite big)

- Minimap and ruler:

allowing the player to click on the ruler and then use both the scroll and the right click to drag the map along. All this scrolling up and down is not very intuitive at first. (or maybe I'm dumb, which is a possibility)

- Laser guided shells fired by AI:

After laser designating a target and using laser guided 155mm HE, I can't seem to be able to get a dead on hit. How come?

- D-30 cannon:

The AI won't use the D-30 cannon properly. If you give them a fire mission, they'll fire straight in front of them.

- Fire missions:

I don't know if you can alter that, but when a player mans a gun, the fire mission details you receive are much more precise than what you can input as far as direction and elevation are concerned.

For example, I'm in a gun and I receive a fire mission. Elevation is 75.56 and direction is 196.43. The page up/down key works in increments of around .15 so most of the time I'm unable to elevate my gun at the exact decimal required by the fire mission.

Same for the direction. The vanilla direction doesn't have decimals so you're doomed to miss the target. Super frustrating.

Geez, another long post. Sorry!

And thanks again.

Edited by JustMtz

@JustMtz

Please when you are referring to the artillery module inform me on which type of artillery you have use - virtual, player controlled or AI controlled.

I'll change the grouping index and maybe I'll reduce the correction a bit but regarding other requests:

Ruler:

Limitation by the map control

Lase guided by AI:

It is default ArmA shells so it is part of the game it isn't scripted - in fact none of the artillery shells, excluding the virtual one, are scripted , which means I don't just spawn a shell over the target instead I calculating the ballistic solution needed.

D-30:

The D-30 isn't in vanilla ArmA and you'll have to contact the mod maker to see what values he have put in it. It looks like the AI use the D-30 as AT weapon and not artillery piece.

Fire missions:

I'm only giving you the needed fire solution for direct and in-direct fire mission of course you can't always succeed 100% of the times - just like real life.

All in all:

I think you are trying to make the artillery something that it isn't – dead-on. Artillery is a statistic weapon which your spray and pray to hit. I think too much game and movies time made you believe that weapons are accurate in general and to be honest it is the opposite.

Of course there are some accurate weapons such as sniper rifles and guided air to ground missiles but a mortar which is just a tube with a bipod and the M-109 is just a big tube with an engine and a computer. So after living under 11,000 rockets fall in the past years, and under massive artillery fire during my active duty most of the time you disregard artillery as rain – just run to cover count till 30 and continue with your life.

That is why danger close is considered anything below 600 meters minimum – and searching online you can see that this is the minimal danger close distance

• Danger close ranges[1]

1. 600 meters, generally

2. 750 meters, naval guns 5-inch and under

3. 1000 meters, naval guns over 5"

4. 2000 meters, naval 16" ICM

5. 2000 meters, MLRS M26 rockets[2]

So the best way to use artillery is to drop a big payload and hope you hit anything and repeat till you do or use it to soften the area before you move in with your troops.

BTW when people ask me about weapon accuracy without real combat experience I usually send them this:

US forces have fired so many bullets in Iraq and Afghanistan - an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/us-forced-to-import-bullets-from-israel-as-troops-use-250000-for-every-rebel-killed-28580666.html

So in combat it usually more important to produce a big and intensive fire base then being accurate.

Now help us with WIKIA doing the Commander console artillery section :yay:

Since there is now an option for Survival, are you guys thinking of adding the ability to randomly spawn units/zombies around the map?

@Shay

All my questions concern artillery controlled by AI. I can't man the guns because of the limitations on elevation and direction that I evoked earlier, and I don't use virtual cannons because I doesn't feel right and because the shells take forever to impact.

Thanks for being open to some feedback.

I know that artillery is super inaccurate. And I know that you're supposed to send a dozens shells and hope something will hit. And I love it! Believe me.

It is just that I'd like to at least have the option to make it less realistic and more precise.

But anyway, now that I've managed to make my squad leader happy by hitting targets pretty well using Ai guns "Laser" precision and artillery that is located less than 3km away, I'm quite content and I'll leave you alone ;).

I'm editing the WIKIA as we speak :)

Edited by JustMtz

OK it works if I use the bounding box and I give it to gaia as it has the (G) next to the unit but when I set the module in the mission to Gaia controls everyone then preview the mission, no (G) appears next to any of the units like it does when I use the previouse method.

RE: I am still being put in to the "unconscous state" despite it being removed.

I know we are not using the mission version of MCC. We had that issue before and I corrected it. I'm using the MCC Template Mission...

The one at this url: https://www.dropbox.com/s/436ndcbiepq820u/sample%20missions.rar

Which I got from armaholic here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19580

Is there a new template mission?

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Also - for the record: I wholeheartedly support the push for more than one Mission Maker. It would make things really fun. But yes, I understand that if the code was not meant to understand multiple users - you will have a surgical job of adding this feature - but I really, really think it would be an awesome addition.

Since there is now an option for Survival, are you guys thinking of adding the ability to randomly spawn units/zombies around the map?

Dont expect zombies, but you made a real good gues why we needed Ambient Combat also :)

So I presume you are going to implement more sophisticated medical system as well, right?:)

So I presume you are going to implement more sophisticated medical system as well, right?:)

You should check out CSE - Combat Space Enhancement. The medical system is totally top-notch. As per experience with my dedicated server: it plays well with MCC, too.

Shay or spirit

Simple question here

The ai i place down in the editor,i set their skill settings(skill slider).Once they respawn via Gaia,do they retain the skill slider setting,or are they now at the mercy of the just the gaia skill settings?

Is it possible to get back the commander console as an item? I dont like the idea with having a commander who somehow have a console.

Hey shay, I haven't asked a stupid question in quite some time now.. like a week or more. Really sorry about that.

So what's a 'bounding box'?

How do I completely remove MCC from my mission?

I use MCC to help edit my missions (Zeus, 3D editor for some placement, etc) but I seem to have made a small mistake and now it won't run at all on my server (which does not run MCC). When I start the mission, players can join and slot up, but actually loading the mission causes the server to kick out to the mission select screen. It says MCC things in the RPT which should never be happening, and then it says "Attempt to override final function - mcc_fnc_makemarker" before it kicks out to the select screen.

I simply do not want MCC in my mission. I tried removing a crate that seemed to be from MCC, removing some markers from my map, and resaving the mission and reuploading it to my server. I cannot seem to remove it from my mission.

I checked the mission.sqm file and there is no reference to MCC whatsoever. Why is it loading in my mission even if there's no mention of it in the .sqm file? How do I remove it completely?

Hey I love this mod but I was wondering if there is any way to limit the interactions available to the player. I really want the player to be able to use the door breaching but don't want them to be able to use the MCC interactions to enter vehicles as it overrides my script which only allows particular players (pilots) to be in the pilot or co-pilot seat. Is there a way to get the door breaching and other interactions with the multi tool script alone?

Thanks again for an awesome mod

@Mr_IC

I don't know what's a "bounding box", but I'm pretty sure Shay meant click and drag the mouse to select several units, then click give to player/GAIA".

@GDent

Did you create your mission while the @MCC addon was launched? Cause if you did, it might be the source of the problem.

It could also be any entity you placed on the map that belongs to MCC. But my guess is an addon bug.

Hello all,

first - excuse my bad english :)

I have a little question - i use the MCC Tool to edit via Zeus our Altis Life map. Now im finished with my work - but how can i now create a sqm file that includes the old objects that was placed bevore i used the MCC Tool and the new ones?

or is it possible to save the mission that i edit to the editor to copy it from there and paste it in our Server map?

Hope anyone can help me :)

I'm going to try to help you.

Step 1 - What you do is you go in the editor and open your Altis life map. Edit it with the vanilla editor and then preview and place your zeus/MCC entities. Once that's done use the save ALL to sqm function of the MCC.

This will copy the location and nature of any entity on the map (whether placed before of after edit via MCC) to the clipboard.

Step 2 - Now alt-tab to windows, and create a new text file where you paste the clipboard content. Save it.

Step 3 - Go back to the editor and open a new altis map void of content. Save it as a user mission named "merge1" (for example).

alt-tab to windows and look through your my documents folder ArmA 3 - "yourprofile". Find your merge1 mission .sqm file open it with notepad and replace everything in it with the content of the text file in Step 2 and save.

Step 4 - Go back to arma editor and click load -> merge1. Everything should be there, plus some parasite entities that you should clean up.

Step 5 - Using the merge button of the editor, Merge your merge1 mission and the altis life original mission. Clean up the map.

Save and export.

Hello Shay_Gman, Spirit, and all others who have worked on this fantastic addon.

first of all, as a mission maker I'd like to say thank you very much for lightening my workload and adding infinite versatility to my missions. I run a small squad and we went from 1 new mission a week that I would work on for 6 days, to everyone collaborating on different bases, having multiple missions and side ops by the hour. We have a reason to rent a server and continue this game because of MCC.

I have run into a problem while testing some persistent missions that I was hoping you or someone here may have some knowledge about.

In the arma editor, I've created a sector control module with respawn tickets, ticket bleeding, several zones, resupply etc. Its all meant to be a persistent and changing warfare environment that our small squad can work around. While testing, I discovered I could not teleport. When I got to the destination, the screen would grey out and act as if I crash landed. I would get a birds eye view on my character, now an AI, and in the corner it would say Restricted Area, also giving me a message saying "you have safely crash landed, but your chopper is destroyed. Since you survived your respawn time will be shorter and there will be no penalty." After a short while it will respawn me back at my designated spawn point.

This has nothing to do with MCC other than the way MCC teleports you, and I'm not asking anyone to change that. I was curious if there is a way around this by way of the BIS module? Maybe something I can put in the init or execution of the module itself to deactivate this respawn function? Maybe something that would make you invincible for 5 seconds after the MCC respawn?

I have over 800 hours in the game, maybe half of that being editing time. I'm no expert, but I am savvy on placing/removing scripts or snippets of code with instructions, creating description and init files, etc. All creative solutions would be much appreciated as this persistent environment is something we've wanted for a long time, and it goes perfectly with MCC as far as creating missions / zones. Please feel free to move this post to an appropriate thread if needed. I searched the forums but this seemed to be a pretty specific conflict.

Thank you

CptBeal

52nd Expeditionary Task Force

Edit: problem found and solved.

Edited by Bealsky

Is there any way to disable the mcc respawn selection? Zeus already has it, and the MCC one seems to bug out a lot and keep me from re-spawning.