shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I haven't been able to access the console in the latest update; the item appears to be missing, and I can't otherwise access the console, CAS, EVAC, etc. menus. am I missing something?

hello friends,

Let's say , I made a zone and populated it and got so laggy it broke my mission.

How do I delete the zone and everything in it?

Thank you.

hello friends,

Let's say , I made a zone and populated it and got so laggy it broke my mission.

Thank you.

Try the delete brush.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

thank you for an amazing mod.

Arma 4 is going to fail miserably if it doesn't steal your Ideas!

HAHAHAHA

Well, we I doubt we will reach arma 4 :) But thanks!

First of all, there will be settings that will give you the ability to tweak.

This is a good news. :)

AC determines ownership of area's by taking the distance to the closest GAIA controlled zone. This means that in your case the airport is enemy controlled. The maximum number of groups that the AC can spawn depends on the number of houses that are around a player within 1 km.

So, the settings might be high and you will be able to set that. BUT. One can wonder if going through the closest enemy airport is the right way to approuch. If you would have would approuch through smaller places or even open area's (or by open sea) you would see much less enemy. Apart from that, the range in which the AC spawns is a minimum of 900 meter from the closest player. So the guys at 300 meter must have been there for a while. What I try to say is that AC does change the game. To me it sounds like the approuch plan (going through enemy occupied airport with a small team) was part of your game experience.

Anyway, AC is there to have fun. So please provide and keep giving feedback. Together we make it just how we like it to be :)

About the approaching I have forgot to mention that for us the main Altis airport is our base but for us our base is just the position where I've positioned, with Arma3 editor, the players slots. Actually, after activated the AC, red spots appear near the airport. If I set our start position with MCC console should I have a no killing area and the near red spots will not be appear?

About the number of group that AC spawns I'e understood your approach and I admit that is fine and could be a realistic behaviour but if with the settings I can choose by a "realistic mode" or a "fixed mode" I think it could be perfect.

Another thing I notice and that I ask you if you can confirm or if I'm in trouble is that AC seems to continuatly spawns groups and I find this not a good behaviour because if a spawned group keeps my team in a defensive position, probably we don't have many possibilities to exit safe from that situation. I'm not sure how to "solve" this but I think a system where when AC decide to spawn some groups, it should be a fixed number and until the team leave the area AC shouldn't spawn anything more.

In this way, the "cleared sectors" will stay cleared. At the moment, if I'm not in trouble, if I come back (for tactical reasons) in a sector where I previous killed a group I have the same change to meet some AC spawned group.

Another (and last :) ) thing is that it seems that spawned groups already spot you and they are in Search&Destroy approach. It could be good if the spawned groups are in "guard" mode or defensive behaviour so a team leader could decide to avoid the spawned group changing the approaching path. It seems a strange thing because I ask you to make possible to avoid AC spawned and you could tell me "if you want to avoid AC spawned groups you shuold disable AC! " :) but avoid the groups is just a possiblity and not always is possible due to the environment, due to the approaching path and the fact that a match has not an infinite playing time so soon or later the leader must decide to combat against some AC groups. I think it's just an added possibility for the gameplay.

Is there a way to remove the medical/revive system? It never seems to work, and I'd rather be able to just implement my own.

Hey all.

First of, let me thank the team working on the MCC and in particular Shay. Awesome work there.

Now, I have a few questions regarding the steel rain module of the commander console and the forward observe module (yes, I have watched both Shay videos about the steel rain and the foward observer module):

- When I send a fire mission to the AI through the console it seems to work. I hit my targets (except when they fire from a hill).

- What is the difference between fire for effect and for adjustment?

- But when I sit as gunner in a mortar, the fire data of the fire mission I receive sometimes varies as I change the direction and elevation of my gun. Why?

- Shay said that the correction of distance and direction work in 50m increments. Does that mean that when I want to hit something further on the left of my impact I should input "+1 distance" and "-1 left-right"?

- Also, when you correct a fire mission and you want to correct it again, does the fire mission retain the coordinates of the original target, or the corrected coordinates?

- How does the height variation work? Why does it go only til 50m? And why can't you input a negative value (if your mortar is up on a hill for example)?

- Following this, when I put my mortar on a hill, it seems hitting anything seems rather difficult. When I compare the solutions given to me by the sights of the mortar and that of the commander console, usually, the sights solution is dead on and the commander isn't. Even if I input the distance with the help of a rangefinder. Why?

I'd love for someone to make an in-depth video about using the forward artillery module and the correction feature.

Thanks.

Edited by JustMtz

Hi shay

iv noticed in the 3D editor,the object placement dosent find all the objects i have from mods(such as drens object pacl) and a few others.

While looking through my 2D editor objects list,iv have so many.

Is there a way to incorperate them into mcc someday?

Also on the same topic,certain mods objects(such as the manhatin maps,buildings) cause a CTD when using MCC to place them down.

I'm having problems with this, I can't log in as the mission maker, clicking the login button just causes the UI to flicker and nothing happens.

Thing is, it was working fine up to yesterday :confused:

It usually happends when the server you are playing on isn't runing MCC. If it isn't the case try reinstalling MCC as we haven't change anything.

Is there any way for me to make myself high commander in MCC and then add groups to my High Command menu, i believe it was possible in arma 2 MCC, and if not is it something you plan to add?. Thanks

Nope there is no high command but there is something better it called the Commander Console:

1. Open the squad dialog: press P or Shift + P and press the "Take commander" button - there can be one commander for each side. Use P or Shift P to close it.

2. Now you'll have access to the commander tab - open it from the mouse wheel or bind a key for it.

3. In the first menu you'll see the map and available assets.

4. Now if you want to control a squad you'll need to mission maker to assign you controllable squads - that is done by the MCC (not the commander) console where you select some group with a bounding box and press the "Give to Player" button or right clicking on the group icon and pressing the "Give to player" button - in any way groups under players' control will have <P>in front of their name in MCC as group under GAIA control will have <G> in front of their name.

5. Now as the commander open the console again - now you can see the groups from your side under your control. You can select them and assign waypoints by double clicking on the map or right clicking for quick move order. Furthermore you can right click on the group icon to access their helmet cams or see more details on them and if the group is a UAV you will have the option to "Take control" of the UAV from there.

I haven't been able to access the console in the latest update; the item appears to be missing, and I can't otherwise access the console, CAS, EVAC, etc. menus. am I missing something?

Read my answer above how to access the commander console.

hello friends,

Thank you.

Or you can just select all the groups in it with the bounding box and press the Delete button.

Is there a way to remove the medical/revive system? It never seems to work, and I'd rather be able to just implement my own.

There is no revive/medical system in MCC atm - use whatever fits you well.

Hey all.

First of, let me thank the team working on the MCC and in particular Shay. Awesome work there.

Now, I have a few questions regarding the steel rain module of the commander console and the forward observe module (yes, I have watched both Shay videos about the steel rain and the foward observer module):

- When I send a fire mission to the AI through the console it seems to work. I hit my targets (except when they fire from a hill).

-What is the difference between fire for effect and for adjustment?

- But when I sit as gunner in a mortar, the fire data of the fire mission I receive sometimes varies as I change the direction and elevation of my gun. Why?

- Shay said that the correction of distance and direction work in 50m increments. Does that mean that when I want to hit something further on the left of my impact I should input "+1 distance" and "-1 left-right"?

- Also, when you correct a fire mission and you want to correct it again, does the fire mission retain the coordinates of the original target, or the corrected coordinates?

- How does the height variation work? Why does it go only til 50m? And why can't you input a negative value (if your mortar is up on a hill for example)?

- Following this, when I put my mortar on a hill, it seems hitting anything seems rather difficult. When I compare the solutions given to me by the sights of the mortar and that of the commander console, usually, the sights solution is dead on and the commander isn't. Even if I input the distance with the help of a rangefinder. Why?

I'd love for someone to make an in-depth video about using the forward artillery module and the correction feature.

Thanks.

- They AI artillery is the default AI in arma so if they miss where up a hill they miss – correct the fire mission by subtracting a few clicks when you are higher then the target.

- Fire for effect vs adjustment is only relevant to the virtual cannon – in virtual cannon adjustment fire should fire a smoke round

- The fire solution changes depends on your artillery piece position, ammo and blasting powder used (close, medium, far) when you change elevation or direction your piece move a bit so it recalibrate – this is used to have the fire mission available even in moving artillery piece.

- You are right -1 means 50 meters left and +1 means 50 meters forward.

- The correction is always relevant to the original fire mission position, distance and azimuth the correction adds to it.

- Height is the difference between the artillery and the target elevation – if you are on a hill 200 meters high and you are shooting on a target on a hill 230 meters high the elevation should be 30 meters. There are no negative values or over 50 meters since this is a game you can get very good aim with artillery in contrary to real life and I want to keep artillery precise but not to precise there should be some trial and error and correction.

- If you have sight on the target it is always better to use the in-game computer but when you don't use the blind fire by giving fire solutions – as I might as well make the artillery precise hit or spawned on artillery shell on target but I wanted to keep the immersion as first priority there are much more factors that the game doesn't get into account when it comes to precision such as wind effects, humidity, gun calabration, reduced muzzle velocity and much that makes artillery hits so damn hard – that is why 50 meters from the target concern as hit in artillery terms.

Here watch this:

skip to min 46 or choose where to go when the video begins

There is no revive/medical system in MCC atm - use whatever fits you well.

But I keep going in to the unconscious state... The server is running the most recent version, and so am I...

Hey Shay,

Two things: # could you add a brush to delete items on the ground. IE a player laying a bunch of magazines on the ground or gear. I would like to be able to delete those to save server resources.

Secondly I can't seem to give the player more than one virtual arty piece. As well as when I do (by adding in physical arty pieces), and they call in a multi shot strike on a target, it only ever seems to launch one round. I am using the mod version, and my players have the mod as well. They might fire the additional rounds, but if they do it's like 5 minutes after the first strike splashes. Even when the arty is given a 0 delay.

Shay

One of our Admins did not respect our naming convention and deleted MCC-9-mission-file off our server. Looking through the GitHub, do you know where we can go to aquire this again?

Edited by Incomitatum

Hi Folks

can someone explain to me how I do for two person have access to mission maker from MCC 4. I play with my friend with the MCC 4 but only I can log in, but not my friend, can someone explain to me how to do my friend also have access, for example: my friend logs in mission maker only if I logout yet when it tries to call a CAS appears to him denied access. how do I get it and I use the MCC usually.

@Redarmy

We normally run the Mission version. We would be willing to go to the Mod version but no one has told us how to get the Mod version working with maps.

As it stands if we move away from the Mission version then we just have a bunch of maps on our server for Vanilla Zeus.

So then, if we use the Mod version, what MAPS do we use in conjunction with it? Or do we need to make our own missions with just a quick spawnpoint somwhere, on the map we want?

Thank you for trying to help.

hey,i cant use the breaching system of MCC with AGM,as AGM had changed the explosive system.So how could I use that breaching system with AGM?

Hey Shay, thanks for the help on Youtube the other day.

Do you think you'll ever have it so you can have multiple users using MCC at the same time similar to how the multiple Zeus setup works?

I'm currently trying to setup Assistant DMs for my group as we play more in a "DnD" type session for Arma 3. The issue with multiple Zeus is they can't control units they don't place.

It usually happends when the server you are playing on isn't runing MCC. If it isn't the case try reinstalling MCC as we haven't change anything.

Problem sorted thanks

Great mod by the way :)

hey,i cant use the breaching system of MCC with AGM,as AGM had changed the explosive system.So how could I use that breaching system with AGM?

Wait! There is a breaching system!? How does it work?

Please tell me! I have been faced with locked doors and I knew it was MCC locking them. But didn't know they could be breached.

Please tell me! I have been faced with locked doors and I knew it was MCC locking them. But didn't know they could be breached.

Make sure you have a multi-tool and claymores in your inventory. Go up to any door, hold your MCC interact key, and you will see the option to either lock / unlock doors as well as place a breaching charge (claymores). 100% on Altis + Stratis, with many doors now working in alternate maps.

Don't forget to pick up a video probe too if you haven't already.

well,it's a little complex,you could read the changelog of r10(or r10 hotfix?)and it has a description of the breaching system.

OK I am a little confused with the mod version. Basically I want all the features like the lean cover system, vault, breaching and the gaia AI thing but when I install the mod and play peoples user missions I have to enable everything and change the AI to Gaia. Is there no way so that I dont have to do this everytime I start a user mission? Just enable it from the get go and it's always on?

OK I am a little confused with the mod version. Basically I want all the features like the lean cover system, vault, breaching and the gaia AI thing but when I install the mod and play peoples user missions I have to enable everything and change the AI to Gaia. Is there no way so that I dont have to do this everytime I start a user mission? Just enable it from the get go and it's always on?

Watch this and you may find solutions:)

Edited by JinougaF

Watch this and you may find solutions:)

But the missions I am trying to play are not mine so I cannot edit the missions in editor.

- They AI artillery is the default AI in arma so if they miss where up a hill they miss – correct the fire mission by subtracting a few clicks when you are higher then the target.

- Fire for effect vs adjustment is only relevant to the virtual cannon – in virtual cannon adjustment fire should fire a smoke round

- The fire solution changes depends on your artillery piece position, ammo and blasting powder used (close, medium, far) when you change elevation or direction your piece move a bit so it recalibrate – this is used to have the fire mission available even in moving artillery piece.

- You are right -1 means 50 meters left and +1 means 50 meters forward.

- The correction is always relevant to the original fire mission position, distance and azimuth the correction adds to it.

- Height is the difference between the artillery and the target elevation – if you are on a hill 200 meters high and you are shooting on a target on a hill 230 meters high the elevation should be 30 meters. There are no negative values or over 50 meters since this is a game you can get very good aim with artillery in contrary to real life and I want to keep artillery precise but not to precise there should be some trial and error and correction.

- If you have sight on the target it is always better to use the in-game computer but when you don't use the blind fire by giving fire solutions – as I might as well make the artillery precise hit or spawned on artillery shell on target but I wanted to keep the immersion as first priority there are much more factors that the game doesn't get into account when it comes to precision such as wind effects, humidity, gun calabration, reduced muzzle velocity and much that makes artillery hits so damn hard – that is why 50 meters from the target concern as hit in artillery terms.

Thanks for your answers, Shay.

Also thanks for the link to the video, but I've already watched it many, many times. Same for your video on the bon forward observer.

A few more questions from my part:

- Could it be that using the artillery module of the console and the coordinates of a target on a vanilla map works way better than on a custom map?

- It seems setting up the artillery gun on a flat surface as close to the sea level as possible help things greatly when it comes to fire solutions. Can you confirm that?

- I am using this GPS and a Vector IV rangefinder to directly input the XY coordinates of the target in lieu and place of using the ruler and direction tools to gain accuracy. Do you think it is a viable alternative?

- Could you give us an approximate size of spread in meters for each firing mode (precise, tight, scattered, wide and laser), please?

- About the correction: does the correction modifies the original point of target or the point of last impact?

- Does firing a gun with the same solution several times in a row increase accuracy? (it does not seem to be the case, which is too bad)

- When I miss a target, how can I know if my calculations are wrong, or if it is just the shell spread?

I love the MCC artillery module and the possibilities it offers, but I it is so damn inaccurate. I know it is inaccurate on purpose for the reasons you mentioned earlier, but I feel so frustrated. I mean, what's the point of doing all these calculations and target designating if your shells are going to impact with a 100m spread even though I'm using the "precise" mode?

I frequently play with 50+ people on missions, and we cannot use the MCC artillery as a fire support if the shells are too inaccurate and risk killing our operators.

I would be grateful if you could provide the players with the option of either making the artillery roughly as accurate as in vanilla, or realistically inaccurate.

Another thing I thought of: provide the commander console with a sixth firing mode, the "on target" which is available to the MCC GM when calling artillery. That way, forward observers can do all kind of fire missions and support, and if they kill their mates, it is because they fucked up their calculations and not because of shell spread/game mechanic.

Thanks again for your work on the mod and for your answers. Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but I am truly passionate about this artillery module :)

EDIT: I found a way to be precise with the artillery. I use laser guided shells without guiding them. Since they have nowhere to go, they fall right on the coordinates (+/- 10m which is very acceptable).

Edited by JustMtz