shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

The so called invinciblity might be just you shoting from the start location - a start location have a protection zone on it so you can't hit anything in it. Move 100 meters away from the start location.

Correct, I was at the start location when I noticed I was unable to fire. Thx for the info !

The fog is not a bug, MCC set the fog for all clients (if they are running MCC ofc) but if the mission got automatic weather in it there can by no fog without heavy overcast - which means there can be only fog when it is raining or clouded. So inorder to work it out make sure the weather in you game template have manual weather and not auto (open the mission in 2D editor press the weather tab to the right and disable auto).

Ok, gonna check that, because I have everything in manual but also overcast to zero.

The fog is not a bug, MCC set the fog for all clients (if they are running MCC ofc) but if the mission got automatic weather in it there can by no fog without heavy overcast - which means there can be only fog when it is raining or clouded. So inorder to work it out make sure the weather in you game template have manual weather and not auto (open the mission in 2D editor press the weather tab to the right and disable auto).

Still nothing, I have double checked my settings, all switches are set to 'manual' but I have no fog at all using your brushes. To be frank the only fog that really works is that generated by ZEUS (weather module) but your brushes and that module are often mutually exclusive.

I just spent few hours to test fog on Zargabad (from All in Arma SA).

I created an ultra simple mission template (ie one player, all weather in manual). I saved the template, saved it again as MPmission, quit Arma and ran it again with CBA, AiASA and MCC as the only mods. Quiting and runing Arma again is important as I noticed that if I don't quit Arma there seemed to be far less issue...

Once arma is loaded again, I started an non-dedi server and started my mission.

I can play with the "set weather" - fog setting as much as I like. It's working even if the slider has weird response (going from 0 to 1; or being increased or decreased a little bit when I click "confirm" and call back the "set weather".

After applying the sandstorm brush, there's no fog at all and whatever I'm doing to increasing manually is failing: it's back to zero everytime I'm opening again the "set weather" pannel.

@shay & spirit

I have tested zone occupation recently and it works like a charm but I have an idea. Right now it seems that number of spawned units depends on the size of the zone (small zone - a small number of units, big zone - big number of units). Would be possible to introduce predefined levels? I mean something like low/medium/high number of units, let's say:

low: 1 group/km^2

medium: 3 groups/km^2

high: 5 groups/km^2

I am asking because now my PC (i5 4670K, GTX760, 8GB RAM) is being killed everytime I create really big zone.

Not Sure if Bug, or Missing Feature

We've had to roll back to 9, as 10 seemed to have some stability problems and 11 is missing wounding... so please tell me if this is fixed in 11 and/or will be in 12...

I want to thank you shay for taking the time to get the Zeus flavored spawnpoints working. They still do not react to being Paradrop points in placed in the air, but they have the interface and work quite well.

Part of that system is the ability to place the "Loadouts" module (in Zeus, under Respawning).

If you use this in Zeus (without MCC) it's very nice. You get to set it down and as players spawn in they are given a screen to choose their role/loadouts. There are tons of preset, but it also looks at what the mission maker has in his Arsenal loadouts, and lists them there. NONE of them are able to be chosen unless the mission maker puts a checkbox next to them. This is quite handy as it lets me have a mission where maybe everyone is pilots; or... I can create an arsenal load-out called Murder Hobo (that is just rags and a big-ass gun), and use tell everyone they are going to use IT for a special story-mission I have planned.

This is much more dynamic than Role Selection. As I understand it, once you turn Role Selection on you have to commit to it. With this, I can delete it after the mission and they get to chose their roles from the lobby again. Also I can add TO it at any time.

Essentially, I am hoping it doesn't take much to turn this on and get MCC to play well with this feature, but I can't seem to get it to WORK in MCC, no matter WHAT I do.

I hope you will please look into it.

Thank you.

::EDIT::

Seems part of this functionality hinges on MenuInventory which can be found HERE

Here is an example of what they see.

https://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/2/27/A3_respawnSelectInventory.jpg (152 kB)

Edited by Incomitatum

hi mcc team,

first of all i really like your work and thank you, its awesome!! I use mcc in every mission i make:)

got some server problems with mcc, heres whats in my rpt under mcc sample missions/description.ext file: wreckRemovalMaxTime': Missing ';' at the end of line on all BI and a3mp maps - cant save the ";" with pbo manger... theres some missing addons detected which probably have nothing to do with mcc?

camisc_e

CABuildings

camisc3

CAMisc

thx in advance and please add the ";"

Edited by rogonaut

I have an issue with this where if i try to spawn anything, the menu shows up to do so, i select the type then the next menu is blank

for example Blufor>cars>Blank

Bluefor>air>Blank

and so on, any suggestions?

I am trying to edit an altis life mission file. I got MCC working and i can edit it with zeus and MCC. The only problem is that in altis life there are npc's which act like merchants. There are commands scripted in so people can acces the shop next to them. If I save my mission with MCC, it deletes every command. Does anybody have an idea to fix this?

Edited by diederick04

@shay & spirit

I have tested zone occupation recently and it works like a charm but I have an idea. Right now it seems that number of spawned units depends on the size of the zone (small zone - a small number of units, big zone - big number of units). Would be possible to introduce predefined levels? I mean something like low/medium/high number of units, let's say:

low: 1 group/km^2

medium: 3 groups/km^2

high: 5 groups/km^2

I am asking because now my PC (i5 4670K, GTX760, 8GB RAM) is being killed everytime I create really big zone.

You realize that the occupy script works with delayed spawing and caching right? If you dont use delayed spawning and/or caching then indeed it will quite overload your system :)

Check this:

The checkboxes to enable/disable that can be be found under the spawn menu (yeah I know its not completely logic/user friendly).

Edited by spirit6

When i hijack any unit in single player or multiplayer and that unit dies, it fails the mission.

Hello everyone.

Forgive my stupid question. I am kind of new to MCC. Can MCC create units randomly in a zone and keep it covered by creating automatically more units to push players out?

Can it keep a zone sustained even after it looses all units within. I Know that Gaia can move units from other zones to reinforce. But can it recruit AI.

Br.

After applying the sandstorm brush, there's no fog at all and whatever I'm doing to increasing manually is failing: it's back to zero everytime I'm opening again the "set weather" pannel.

I'll check it out.

We've had to roll back to 9, as 10 seemed to have some stability problems and 11 is missing wounding... so please tell me if this is fixed in 11 and/or will be in 12...

I want to thank you shay for taking the time to get the Zeus flavored spawnpoints working. They still do not react to being Paradrop points in placed in the air, but they have the interface and work quite well.

Part of that system is the ability to place the "Loadouts" module (in Zeus, under Respawning).

If you use this in Zeus (without MCC) it's very nice. You get to set it down and as players spawn in they are given a screen to choose their role/loadouts. There are tons of preset, but it also looks at what the mission maker has in his Arsenal loadouts, and lists them there. NONE of them are able to be chosen unless the mission maker puts a checkbox next to them. This is quite handy as it lets me have a mission where maybe everyone is pilots; or... I can create an arsenal load-out called Murder Hobo (that is just rags and a big-ass gun), and use tell everyone they are going to use IT for a special story-mission I have planned.

This is much more dynamic than Role Selection. As I understand it, once you turn Role Selection on you have to commit to it. With this, I can delete it after the mission and they get to chose their roles from the lobby again. Also I can add TO it at any time.

Essentially, I am hoping it doesn't take much to turn this on and get MCC to play well with this feature, but I can't seem to get it to WORK in MCC, no matter WHAT I do.

I hope you will please look into it.

Thank you.

From your post I can understand that you are using the mission version. I would recommend moving to the mod version.

Now regarding the wounding system – we removed wounding as part of most the 3D party in MCC and we'll introduce something to replace it.

Now the Zeus spawn/loadouts system is working but you'll need to set a description.ext file to match it.

I can understand that you are new to scripting but here is my advice that will suit your gameplay:

Use MCC as a mod.

Create a mission template and add whatever wounding system you like (AGM,Psycho A3 Wounding, Medx exc).

Create a description file that support Zeus respawn and loadouts using this: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

I know it is a bit shocking to read at first but it will enable you the ability to spawn using Zeus respawn.

Regarding Role Selection and Zeus respawn – two different things.

Role Selection is aimed towards hierarch communities or public servers where you don't want all the players to spawn as snipers and you want to encourage team play.

So the Role Selection aim is to increase loyalty to the server as the players stats saved and he will gain levels as he will continue to acts in his role as pilot gain XP for taxing players around, Officer for successful leading, Medic for healing exc.

So a level 30 officer will have better gear then level 5 officer so just like in the army – veterans get better equipment (well at list this is how it is here).

hi mcc team,

first of all i really like your work and thank you, its awesome!! I use mcc in every mission i make:)

got some server problems with mcc, heres whats in my rpt under sample missions/description.ext file: wreckRemovalMaxTime': Missing ';' at the end of line on all BI and a3mp maps and theres some missing addons detected

camisc_e

CABuildings

camisc3

CAMisc

cant save the ";" with pbo manger... sorry for probably being a noob:D

thx in advance

It something to do with a mission on the server as you are using the mod MCC description.ext isn't used.

I have an issue with this where if i try to spawn anything, the menu shows up to do so, i select the type then the next menu is blank

for example Blufor>cars>Blank

Bluefor>air>Blank

and so on, any suggestions?

Switch to different faction. It looks like the faction you have chosen doesn't have any units in it.

I am trying to edit an altis life mission file. I got MCC working and i can edit it with zeus and MCC. The only problem is that in altis life there are npc's which act like merchants. There are commands scripted in so people can acces the shop next to them. If I save my mission with MCC, it deletes every command. Does anybody have an idea to fix this?

MCC don't and can't read scripts attached to the unit. Instead of saving the whole mission save only what you have spawned with MCC and combine it with the life mission.

When i hijack any unit in single player or multiplayer and that unit dies, it fails the mission.

Well if respawn is off and there are no switchable units that is just logic in his way.

The checkboxes to enable/disable that can be be found under the spawn menu (yeah I know its not completely logic/user friendly).

Yeah we need to find somewhere else to put them.

Hi Folks,

yeah, I have tested this today :) It works great but still I think that levels would be good idea. Check this:

http://i.imgur.com/kOMS3zx.jpg?1 (240 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/BPe1pNI.jpg?1 (268 kB)

If you are looking for a big battle then it's great. But if you want to simulate LRPP and sneak into wild territory occupied by enemy then... it is too crowded ;) Please check FPS counter as well.

Regarding caching and delaying units options - what about introducing another menu only for GAIA under Arsenal, Zeus and so on? It totally deserves it!

Edited by sunrrrise

Hi Shay_gman,

Hostages seem to be a hit and miss with taking the prisoner. Since the last few updates they have been doing some awkward things, like not working correctly. Tried using brushes last night to lock down a area in Cherno, but no luck. It appears MCC might be conflicting with the AGM mod? interaction?

I was wondering if: 1) Convoy - is it possible you could add a cycle way point option? 2) Brushes - a fire effect, bush/house fire etc. 3) Mobile respawns - add a preset to vehicle or something on those lines. Not sure how difficult it would be. Finding the tent respawn not effective during missions once squad leader dies, is it possible to have a timer on it so you can have a chance to spawn and revive your squad leader?

Cheers :)

Any plan for making snow impossible break through the inside of the building?

any chance of releasing just the cover system as a separate mod?

Hello everyone.

Forgive my stupid question. I am kind of new to MCC. Can MCC create units randomly in a zone and keep it covered by creating automatically more units to push players out?

Can it keep a zone sustained even after it looses all units within. I Know that Gaia can move units from other zones to reinforce. But can it recruit AI.

Br.

Hello everyone,

This is just a little bump for my question.

Can you please also explain to me how the occupy zone actually work.

I am very interested in your mod and I think it is by far the best think for dynamic experiences lover like me.

Thank you.

Any way to suppress/hide popup dialogs of MCC per mission, such as the engineer class dialog when you spawn as one? For us, MCC is only interesting for the session admin really, so the popups interfere with the missions sometimes. Thanks :)

A question for spirit6

I've tried with some clan mates the Ambient Warzone option.

I think it's a really good option we have to make the approaching to the target more interesting and random but...

...but we found that without any configuration options, it could be useless due to the too much random spawing.

I try to explain better.

tonight we were in 5 player. we used the mission generator with 5 player, CQB without civilian, kill HVT, and selected a city near the main Altis airport.

activated the Ambient warzone and started to approach to the main target.

we walk off the main altis airport and after 300mt we spotted 2 units (spawned by Ambient warzone). Killed.

we proceeded and after 150mt another units (i was killed in that occasion).

after I start to look with MCC 3d editor the battle and in less then 5 minutes we had 3 squads of 8 units and 2 team of 4 units.

This without reaching the main target zone.

And the problem was that it seems that after killing spawned units, the Ambient Warzone spawned again units near our positions.

In that way, we will never be able to defeat the treat and proceed to the main target and obviously our team was completely killed in a short time.

I don't know what could be done with Arma3 scripting but I think that Ambient Warzone should needs some settings to adapt the spawing logic avoiding frustrating situation where due to the too high number of enemies you can't reach the main target.

Just for example, looking at the test we made tonight, I think that 2 team of 4 spawned in different moments, could be enough during our approach.

I hope to be clear and I hope my question/request is something you could consider for the development.

In any case a big thumb up for your work (MCC team)!!! :)

Hi Folks,

yeah, I have tested this today :) It works great but still I think that levels would be good idea. Check this:

http://i.imgur.com/kOMS3zx.jpg?1 (240 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/BPe1pNI.jpg?1 (268 kB)

If you are looking for a big battle then it's great. But if you want to simulate LRPP and sneak into wild territory occupied by enemy then... it is too crowded ;) Please check FPS counter as well.

Regarding caching and delaying units options - what about introducing another menu only for GAIA under Arsenal, Zeus and so on? It totally deserves it!

As Spirit wrote earlier this is a WIP so it will change in time.

For GAIA menu so far there is a GAIA section in the mission settings when more options will come we'll introduce GAIA settings.

Hi Shay_gman,

Hostages seem to be a hit and miss with taking the prisoner. Since the last few updates they have been doing some awkward things, like not working correctly. Tried using brushes last night to lock down a area in Cherno, but no luck. It appears MCC might be conflicting with the AGM mod? interaction?

I was wondering if: 1) Convoy - is it possible you could add a cycle way point option? 2) Brushes - a fire effect, bush/house fire etc. 3) Mobile respawns - add a preset to vehicle or something on those lines. Not sure how difficult it would be. Finding the tent respawn not effective during missions once squad leader dies, is it possible to have a timer on it so you can have a chance to spawn and revive your squad leader?

Cheers :)

Regarding:

Hostages: what do you mean not working when pressing the interaction key on them they don't react? please explain more then "not working".

LockDown: As stated before BI changed the configs for houses from ArmA2 to ArmA3 in A2 you couldn't lock a door only closing it with infinite loop to give the feeling that it is locked so ArmA2 map may be out of scope for locking doors, although some doors do get locked but that depends on the addon maker configs, if he used ArmA3 default configs that should work. Keep in mind that in general locked doors won't effects AI it is engine default.

Respawn: I don't like the mobile respawn option but you have some other options for respawn:

The tent would not disappear when you squad leader die it will disappear when the squad leader will respawn on it so the SQL should place another respawn tent once he is spawned. If your tent disappear when your leader dies I believe that it have to do with your wounding system it probably respawn the player automatically with the unconscious animation.

The other option is to build a FOB so a squad leader can open the SQL PDA and issue a FOB build (need 2 more players next to the site and 600 supplies) this will involve moving logistics from the HQ to the FOB which in my mind is much more logic and immersion.

Brushes: The warzone brush creates random fires and smoke.

Any plan for making snow impossible break through the inside of the building?

Maybe when i'll find the time.

any chance of releasing just the cover system as a separate mod?

Nope

Hello everyone,

This is just a little bump for my question.

Can you please also explain to me how the occupy zone actually work.

I am very interested in your mod and I think it is by far the best think for dynamic experiences lover like me.

Thank you.

The occupy zone atm spawn random enemies inside a zone and creating sub zones around locations inside the zone so there will be AI connected to the subzones like AI patrolling a city in a zone while some global patrols all over the big zone. it will evolve in the near future with more options.

Any way to suppress/hide popup dialogs of MCC per mission, such as the engineer class dialog when you spawn as one? For us, MCC is only interesting for the session admin really, so the popups interfere with the missions sometimes. Thanks :)

Atm no. It is only show up in mission start for the players with specific roles and it suppose to be for the player to understand how to use certain parts the adressing the player. Such as disabling MCC's IEDs and using MCC gear.

A question for spirit6

I've tried with some clan mates the Ambient Warzone option.

I think it's a really good option we have to make the approaching to the target more interesting and random but...

...but we found that without any configuration options, it could be useless due to the too much random spawing.

I try to explain better.

tonight we were in 5 player. we used the mission generator with 5 player, CQB without civilian, kill HVT, and selected a city near the main Altis airport.

activated the Ambient warzone and started to approach to the main target.

we walk off the main altis airport and after 300mt we spotted 2 units (spawned by Ambient warzone). Killed.

we proceeded and after 150mt another units (i was killed in that occasion).

after I start to look with MCC 3d editor the battle and in less then 5 minutes we had 3 squads of 8 units and 2 team of 4 units.

This without reaching the main target zone.

And the problem was that it seems that after killing spawned units, the Ambient Warzone spawned again units near our positions.

In that way, we will never be able to defeat the treat and proceed to the main target and obviously our team was completely killed in a short time.

I don't know what could be done with Arma3 scripting but I think that Ambient Warzone should needs some settings to adapt the spawing logic avoiding frustrating situation where due to the too high number of enemies you can't reach the main target.

Just for example, looking at the test we made tonight, I think that 2 team of 4 spawned in different moments, could be enough during our approach.

I hope to be clear and I hope my question/request is something you could consider for the development.

In any case a big thumb up for your work (MCC team)!!! :)

First of all, there will be settings that will give you the ability to tweak. Apart from settings I have to notice you why you got killed in current setup of AC (ambient combat). AC determines ownership of area's by taking the distance to the closest GAIA controlled zone. This means that in your case the airport is enemy controlled. The maximum number of groups that the AC can spawn depends on the number of houses that are around a player within 1 km.

So, the settings might be high and you will be able to set that. BUT. One can wonder if going through the closest enemy airport is the right way to approuch. If you would have would approuch through smaller places or even open area's (or by open sea) you would see much less enemy. Apart from that, the range in which the AC spawns is a minimum of 900 meter from the closest player. So the guys at 300 meter must have been there for a while. What I try to say is that AC does change the game. To me it sounds like the approuch plan (going through enemy occupied airport with a small team) was part of your game experience.

Anyway, AC is there to have fun. So please provide and keep giving feedback. Together we make it just how we like it to be :)

One more thing.

I thought any cover system in ArmA-verse would be at least clunky. I was wrong. You guys proved it is possible to have system that is easily comparable to ones from Red Orchestra 2 or... ol' good Vietcong! Amazing. Congratulations and thank you!

thank you for an amazing mod.

Arma 4 is going to fail miserably if it doesn't steal your Ideas!

HAHAHAHA

I'm having problems with this, I can't log in as the mission maker, clicking the login button just causes the UI to flicker and nothing happens.

Thing is, it was working fine up to yesterday :confused:

Is there any way for me to make myself high commander in MCC and then add groups to my High Command menu, i believe it was possible in arma 2 MCC, and if not is it something you plan to add?. Thanks