shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Right, but what he is saying is - 'mutiny' is a fun way of addressing your issue. It allows all players access to the Commander Console. You hit 'p', and instead of seeing 'take command' you will see 'start mutiny' or something similar. It's not like you suddenly become opfor, but rather you're letting your commander know he isn't the only one now.

I can't say I've tried it myself, but I know the feature is there.

I know it can be done this way, but to take over command of the whole side just to call arty strikes? ;)

Well its up for the commander to control the mission assets part of it is artillery the intendant of the console is that player can spot targets like in RL and call the commander asking for fire support broadcasting his position, direction and range to the target while providing the needed ordnance type and number.

The commander should type this info in the observer panel and then select how will he want to address it:

Either call virtual cannons if available or call AI artillery under his command or broadcast the fire solution to available players who are gunners in an artillery piece.

Players will get the fire request and the fire solution high or low.

So the main idea is to keep it real with commander that functions as HQ for all kinds of support request while the spotter job is mainly to spot and coordinate targets.

As far as I know there are two different approaches. One works the way you described, the other gives the observer authority over the batteries, so he give orders to them directly. (Of course the commander can order the observers when or where to strike, but working out the details and communicating with the batteries is their responsibility) Sadly, with mcc this can't be done any more (only if you use basic arma methods).

I love the cover system; the icons are a bit too big I think (24" screen @ 1920x1200 here). Turning UI off turns cover system off.

I got a problem, i just included MCC in a missionfile that was running without any problems. I installed MCC on my Client, placed the Access Rights module which has my name in it. Then i pbo-ed the mission and placed it on our dedicated server, installed MCC on the server and told it to start with MCC-mod active. I can join the server nd Mcc seems to be running fine. Now here comes the problem, now no one else seems to be able to join. When i go to mission selection screen (#mission) people can join, but as soon as i start the mission containing MCC people get disconnected!?! I started searching this thread for help, but it is quite long ... so, any help would be appreciated!

I know it can be done this way, but to take over command of the whole side just to call arty strikes? ;)

Starcos, you just roll on and mostly ignore me. I hadn't tested mutiny myself, and just figured it shared commander consoles with everyone. Why would I provide feedback without having actually tested it?

It's a good question. I'm required by state law to wear a prescription helmet at all times. I most likely unbuckled it to eat handfuls of dry cereal, so that would explain some of my recent posts.

Apologies - it's dark in my basement you know.

I got a problem, i just included MCC in a missionfile that was running without any problems. I installed MCC on my Client, placed the Access Rights module which has my name in it. Then i pbo-ed the mission and placed it on our dedicated server, installed MCC on the server and told it to start with MCC-mod active. I can join the server nd Mcc seems to be running fine. Now here comes the problem, now no one else seems to be able to join. When i go to mission selection screen (#mission) people can join, but as soon as i start the mission containing MCC people get disconnected!?! I started searching this thread for help, but it is quite long ... so, any help would be appreciated!

That's an easy question. Since your friends aren't running MCC also they get kicked from the server for not having the MCC module vehicle.

Do you plan to have a basic revive system in mcc in the future? I try many script (as well as the one in the template mcc mission), and none are working very well.

@Shay

Two questions:

1. Did you have a time to look at no-fog case?

2. Are you going to implement undercover mode from MMC from ArmA2? It was great feature!

how do i add the mcc console to player on mission editor. there seems to be no spawn box as mentioned in the pdf manual. additem doesnt seem to work

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

cant use the spooky gunship

how do i add the mcc console to player on mission editor. there seems to be no spawn box as mentioned in the pdf manual. additem doesnt seem to work

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

cant use the spooky gunship

1. MCC console is no longer an item. It is assigned to the role.

2. You can control AC-130 via MCC console.

I have a problem with role selection.

I placed down Rifleman (B_Soldier_F) in the Editor but the problem is that I can select the Corpseman class

but you have to be a Medic (B_medic_F) in order to heal yourself and other players.

Any idea for a workaround?

@shay / spirit: When I set evac helis down with the 3d editor, and then add "Control with MCC Console", the units aren't available through commander console. I can still control them by clicking them and assigning waypoints etc.. but are they supposed to show up under EVAC menu in the commander console?

Also - I'm not sure (surprise!) if I'm doing something wrong or what, but even when using EVAC units through commander console, the heli's tend to miss the final waypoint and either hover or fly around. I tested this in various landing scenarios, whether pick-up or drop-off, hot LZ or empty map.

edit: I'm using Smoke for pick up and fast rope for drop off now, every single evac. It's working pretty consistently. By the way, if fast rope is selected via evac command, will it automatically consider every passenger in the helicopter?

Edited by Mr_IC

The units are placed by MCC are invincible.(Dedicated Server)

Does anyone know this situation?

Edited by sentence0219

Amazing new stuff! I have a couple of bug reports(may have already been reported):

-The cover system will not work unless the cover UI system is also enabled for me

-When in High Prone(sitting shooting position)... well a video is worth 1000 pictures:

Question with MCC you can't save a mission in progress like a real save for the game. It only saves items placed down but not forward progress in your mission? So when you start your mission over and then go into the MCC editor and load up a save profile the mission is still at the start of your mission with no forward progress but now with new units and items in the mission that you placed down from the MCC editor. So this is not really a save function for the game. I was a little confused about this.

Quote Originally Posted by UberAlpha51 View Post

Having a problem with using the save all feature in MCC. When clicking save all to sqm its not saving the MCC missions to my clipboard and usually when its done saving it pops up "saved to clipboard" on the screen.

I am having the same issue as UberAlpha51 in the latest version. Unable to Save or Load from Profile. I can load old profiles, but new ones are not working.

I have test both on/off a dedicated server.

thanks for such a great tool!

I'd love this to incorporate a decent loadout editor for soldiers and enemies that deals with the various game modes.

It's one of the basic things that arma just does extremely badly.

Feature Missing?

We've noticed with the latest version there is no wounding any longer. You are just dead.

I haven't seen anywhere to turn this back on under the MCC/Mission settings.

Was this deliberately taken out? Or are we doing something wrong?

We only have the basic ShackTac UI mods, nothing else.

hi SPIRIT and SHAY

in Single player I use to play with differenst squads whose leaders accessible by switch (key u) just one of them can access to the MCC

my problem: when i load a squad in a helo and switch to the unit which have access to MCC CAS the first squad disembark immediately so i can't move them with the CAS fonctionI hope to have understood sorry for my bad English

i haven't notice that before

thank

Do you plan to have a basic revive system in mcc in the future? I try many script (as well as the one in the template mcc mission), and none are working very well.

Yes we do thinking about adding something simple to work with the role selection.

@Shay

Two questions:

1. Did you have a time to look at no-fog case?

2. Are you going to implement undercover mode from MMC from ArmA2? It was great feature!

1. Yes I did the problem is with the other mod and setting the fog automatically it seems to work fine to all clients on vanila ArmA 3 with a template mission that doesn't have automatic weather.

2. Yes in due time we will add this again.

I have a problem with role selection.

I placed down Rifleman (B_Soldier_F) in the Editor but the problem is that I can select the Corpseman class

but you have to be a Medic (B_medic_F) in order to heal yourself and other players.

Any idea for a workaround?

As far as I know in some mods you required to be a medic but in vanilla arma you just need to have a medikit. We'll work on custom medic for the rule selection.

@shay / spirit: When I set evac helis down with the 3d editor, and then add "Control with MCC Console", the units aren't available through commander console. I can still control them by clicking them and assigning waypoints etc.. but are they supposed to show up under EVAC menu in the commander console?

Also - I'm not sure (surprise!) if I'm doing something wrong or what, but even when using EVAC units through commander console, the heli's tend to miss the final waypoint and either hover or fly around. I tested this in various landing scenarios, whether pick-up or drop-off, hot LZ or empty map.

edit: I'm using Smoke for pick up and fast rope for drop off now, every single evac. It's working pretty consistently. By the way, if fast rope is selected via evac command, will it automatically consider every passenger in the helicopter?

Give units to commander will make the commander able to control the units with right clicking and assigning WP. If you want to control them as evac spawn an evac helicopter from the MCC conosle --> Evac.

Never heared of that - try vanilla and try to give us more info.

Amazing new stuff! I have a couple of bug reports(may have already been reported):

-The cover system will not work unless the cover UI system is also enabled for me

-When in High Prone(sitting shooting position)... well a video is worth 1000 pictures:

- i'll release a fix for the no UI no Cover issue

- You know ArmA animation are a B&%@ so this particular animation (sniper sit) seem to not want to go away until the animation is done - may take a few seconds - i'll work on some work around - thanks for the update and video.

Question with MCC you can't save a mission in progress like a real save for the game. It only saves items placed down but not forward progress in your mission? So when you start your mission over and then go into the MCC editor and load up a save profile the mission is still at the start of your mission with no forward progress but now with new units and items in the mission that you placed down from the MCC editor. So this is not really a save function for the game. I was a little confused about this.

Saving saves all that is on the battlefield (excluded cached\dead units exc) so in a way if you save your mission in the middle of the mission and load it up you can keep playing from the point you left.

I am having the same issue as UberAlpha51 in the latest version. Unable to Save or Load from Profile. I can load old profiles, but new ones are not working.

I can confirm that it is working on my side - i'll check it further trying to understand what is going on with it on your side. Please enable error reports and tell me if you get any error when you save the mission.

Feature Missing?

We've noticed with the latest version there is no wounding any longer. You are just dead.

I haven't seen anywhere to turn this back on under the MCC/Mission settings.

Was this deliberately taken out? Or are we doing something wrong?

We only have the basic ShackTac UI mods, nothing else.

Yeah we have removed all 3D party scripts - wounding script was one of them - we'll introduce something else in the near future.

hi SPIRIT and SHAY

in Single player I use to play with differenst squads whose leaders accessible by switch (key u) just one of them can access to the MCC

my problem: when i load a squad in a helo and switch to the unit which have access to MCC CAS the first squad disembark immediately so i can't move them with the CAS fonctionI hope to have understood sorry for my bad English

i haven't notice that before

thank

It is more of ArmA engine issue I imagine it does that with any helicopter not just MCC am I right?

As far as I know in some mods you required to be a medic but in vanilla arma you just need to have a medikit.

I tried it with vanilla. You can't use medikit and toolkit with rifleman or other classes. Medikit only with medic and toolkit only with engineer/demo expert.

It's even saying that in the description of the item if you hover over it

We'll work on custom medic for the rule selection.

Thanks, engineer would be cool too :) .

2. I'll check the number of shells issue as for number of cannons by default you have one virtual cannon but you can have as many as you want by setting this

HW_Arti_CannonNumber = 1

to any number of cannons you want in your template init.sqf file. Regarding the unable to shoot did the cannon color was red? It takes some time before you can shoot the cannon again.

How long does it take, in average, for a gun to be operational again?

I've asked for 5-round fire missions with one gun, the first shell arrives quickly but the other ones never arrive (the gun stays red).

Too bad we only have one virtual gun by default, we used to have 5, if I'm not mistaken.

I've also seen another bug/missing feature: the briefings used to give locations for the objectives as hyperlinks, now the text is still here (e.g. "the target is in this location") but it's not clickable anymore.

Thanks anyway :)

Edit: tried to increase the number of available guns by setting HW_Arti_CannonNumber to something else than 1. Indeed, more guns appear in the MCC Commander Console, but still, only ONE shell arrives!

Edited by Drepanon

Where you using a revive script ? This just happened to me but I'm pretty sure MCC is not the culprit as in fact the units were not invincible, but I was not firing any real ammo. It was most probably coming from a bug in the revive script as it was the first time I was testing it and the first time I ever had this kind of behaviour.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

About no fog:

1. Yes I did the problem is with the other mod and setting the fog automatically it seems to work fine to all clients on vanila ArmA 3 with a template mission that doesn't have automatic weather.

So this is a bug in All in Arma SA?

I don't know if this is considered a bug or not, but it's a little annoying.

Using this mod makes zeus-mode enabled for singleplayer missions/scenarios. One of the scenarios I was trying to play used the y key for whatever reason, and there wasn't anywhere to re-bind it.

It's not a huge deal, I just start the game without mcc_sandbox enabled in my steam launch options, but I figured I'd make a post out of it, it does sound like something that should at least be an option to enable/disable for those that don't want to use zeus mode in singleplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by xenaksis View Post

I can confirm that it is working on my side - i'll check it further trying to understand what is going on with it on your side. Please enable error reports and tell me if you get any error when you save the mission.

Shay,

It's all good. Everything is working today, maybe I just was not waiting enough time on my server for the elements to load.

Thanks again for making this game great!

Edit: tried to increase the number of available guns by setting HW_Arti_CannonNumber to something else than 1. Indeed, more guns appear in the MCC Commander Console, but still, only ONE shell arrives!

Yeah there is a bug there i've just crushed i'll release a new version soon.

Where you using a revive script ? This just happened to me but I'm pretty sure MCC is not the culprit as in fact the units were not invincible, but I was not firing any real ammo. It was most probably coming from a bug in the revive script as it was the first time I was testing it and the first time I ever had this kind of behaviour.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

About no fog:

So this is a bug in All in Arma SA?

The so called invinciblity might be just you shoting from the start location - a start location have a protection zone on it so you can't hit anything in it. Move 100 meters away from the start location.

The fog is not a bug, MCC set the fog for all clients (if they are running MCC ofc) but if the mission got automatic weather in it there can by no fog without heavy overcast - which means there can be only fog when it is raining or clouded. So inorder to work it out make sure the weather in you game template have manual weather and not auto (open the mission in 2D editor press the weather tab to the right and disable auto).

I don't know if this is considered a bug or not, but it's a little annoying.

Using this mod makes zeus-mode enabled for singleplayer missions/scenarios. One of the scenarios I was trying to play used the y key for whatever reason, and there wasn't anywhere to re-bind it.

It's not a huge deal, I just start the game without mcc_sandbox enabled in my steam launch options, but I figured I'd make a post out of it, it does sound like something that should at least be an option to enable/disable for those that don't want to use zeus mode in singleplayer.

Yeah it is annoying the BI bind Zeus to Y key, thanks god the BI in their wisdom also gave us Keyboard configuration so we can bind it elsewhere. It is not MCC issue just work your key binds mate.

Shay,

It's all good. Everything is working today, maybe I just was not waiting enough time on my server for the elements to load.

Thanks again for making this game great!

NP