shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

OK, Ambient Warzone, I don't understand how it works technically.

I created a zone in north and south, player is in between. In north I placed CSAT (Garrison) in south NATO. Many units are spawned. Then I turned Ambient Warzone on. Now I get many exclamation mark markers on the map. Nothing else happens between those zones.

EDIT: Hmm, seems if I group normal groups (not garrison), then units are spawned in ambient warzone.

QUESTION1: ambient warzone # of units, is it dependent on # of units in the zones?

QUESTION2: What do the blue/red dots on map mean? An ambient warzone unit could spawn here? I teleported, nothing is there.

Hya, just back from holidays but I am happy to reply :)

- Ambient Combat is in WIP and will go much futher then it is now. I will deliver in sprints that work, but hold not yet all functionality.

- Ambient Combat works only for zones that hold GAIA controlled units.

- Blue dots = bluefor controlloed, red dots = opfor controlled, excalmation mark = multiple sides, green = neutrals.

It calculates the distance to AI controlled zones (gaia controlled, non cached). (for now!), then it determines if it holds war or it is owned.

- Ambient combat will kick in slowly (specialy if you teleport).

- Ambient combat will work much better if you drive or walk. It holds direction prediction, so while travelilng (and holding same direction) there is a VERY high chance to encounter stuff.

- Ambient Combat will not start when a player is in a MCC zone. So MCC zones are excluded from ambient combat. The idea is that the mission maker wants to be in control there.

- Ambient Combat holds a maximum number of encounters per player and is also limited to the environment. The more houses are within 1 KM area of the player, the more unis will show. So of you travel through the bush there is a much much lower chance to encounter stuff.

In the future the number of units will be taken into calculation, cached units, delayed units. Also the colors (red, green, blue, excamation mark) are now shown, should be optional as well as other settings in the GUI to set the ambient as often and high as you want.). And more, moch more. For stage 1 it is what you have now.

So, hope that explains it a little. Let me hear what you like ! :) Ambient Combat, as it is now can be really fun. I drove all over the map with just two zones. One bluefor zone with 1 infantry gaia controlled, one opfor zone with 1 infantry gaia controlle on the other side of map. The markers appear on the map. Now start driving, stuff will happen.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

everything is setted up on our servers but MCC is not showing up we have CBA lates version but for some it works and for some it dossent sometimes it can work for me and sometimes it dosent

any idea?

CBA is not needed. Download the latest MCC mod, have it run on client and and server and it will work. There is nothing more to say about it :)

Hi Spirit

have you modified GAIA behavior ? it seems that reinforcements take a long time to communicate and react with each other especially between infantry groups, this does not happen earlier MCC versions :confused:

edit; it works well arma 3 vanilla I think it must be to interfere with other mod

Edited by Rapax

Is it just me or does the hook stops being usable after using the Taru's new reel in and parachute function ?

Hi,

I have a bug with the respawn system on dedicated server:

When i set a start location and a FOB, i can't choose the respawn with Opfo or guerilla side, i always respawn at the start base.

No problem with Bluefor, i can use any starting point (set with mcc or zeus).

Tested with mcc4.9/10/11 mod and AiA terrain pack only.

Multiple MCC instances have vanished with latest... consider that closed.

Now...

Maybe I am just being thick but the template (https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxaxibkun17tv9v/template1.Altis.rar?dl=0) is not working for me on dedicated as no spawn positions ever populate the list. I'm paging back thru the thread but I cant seem to find any indication that this mission template stopped working. Help!

In the future the number of units will be taken into calculation, cached units, delayed units. Also the colors (red, green, blue, excamation mark) are now shown, should be optional as well as other settings in the GUI to set the ambient as often and high as you want.). And more, moch more. For stage 1 it is what you have now.

So, hope that explains it a little. Let me hear what you like ! :) Ambient Combat, as it is now can be really fun. I drove all over the map with just two zones. One bluefor zone with 1 infantry gaia controlled, one opfor zone with 1 infantry gaia controlle on the other side of map. The markers appear on the map. Now start driving, stuff will happen.

Thx Spirit, from what you write now it makes sense what I have seen. I think this all sounds very good, I think we can answer more competent if we actually played a while with it... I haven't played much yet. Are AC units under GAIA control as well? I think as they are part of a faction, they probably should be organized as well and do e.g. flanking...

As for MCC in general, I think some more variety in AI skill could be interesting. Just a lose idea. E.g. expose some skill sets and let user choose weighting or probability of their appearance.

Seems like MCC is crash with CSE (combat space enhancement)

Got a bug about altitude adjusment issue in ZEUS play

can't paradrop or set altitude to unit and object

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I posted in here, but tonight I spent some time testing the artillery module of MCC and I still found some bugs I had in the past. So Here we go, I'll try to point things out so you guys can point me in the right direction or confirm a odd behaviour.

So:

Using the virtual "Cannon 01" in forward artillery module:

1- even if I set multiple shells, only one is actually fired.

2- Can't get Laser guided bombs to work. No matter if I choose "Type -> Laser guided" and "spread -> Precise" or "spread -> Laser" when the bomb falls from the sky it totally ignores Laser designators. BUT, if I "Call" Laser guided bombs from the main MCC artillery menu, they work as they should!

If I use actual artillery units placed on the map (like a Sholef ):

1- still choosing multiple shells doesn't work

2- Laser guided bombs do work sometimes, sometimes they don't. It's quite random.

Overall the forward observer artillery module feels a bit buggy, I can't get to have the same behaviour twice in a session. What am I missing?

. . .So, hope that explains it a little. Let me hear what you like ! :)

Add my thanks as well for explaining it a bit more. Been testing it for a few hours now - wow Spirit this is impressive. BI needs to step their game up before it becomes ArmA III: the Definitive Mod for MCC. That, or give you guys a job.

I'll let you know when I have actual feedback, rather than a chain reaction of derps, because my mind is kinda blown for the time being.

edit: when can I have my gaming life back, please? I used to look forward to other games.

Edited by Mr_IC

Thx Spirit, from what you write now it makes sense what I have seen. I think this all sounds very good, I think we can answer more competent if we actually played a while with it... I haven't played much yet. Are AC units under GAIA control as well? I think as they are part of a faction, they probably should be organized as well and do e.g. flanking...

As for MCC in general, I think some more variety in AI skill could be interesting. Just a lose idea. E.g. expose some skill sets and let user choose weighting or probability of their appearance.

Yes, AC units are GAIA controlled. This means that all communication is arranged by the GAIA also. For example. Make a zone at an airport. Put two attack helicopters there. If AC units spot you, there is a chance they call CAS on you. Or spawn some mortar/arillery somewhere and the AC suddenly have this to their proposal also. Also close by zones will respond to what the AC units spot. And another most nasty one. If AC units are close by a zone, they might even be called in by the system to support defend the zone (AC units are not spawned in MCC zones but can sure be called in for assistance/support).

Behavior of AC units is random. Explaining: Infantry rolls randomly selects DEFEND, FORTIFY, AGRESSIVE. So you hold a chance that infantry storm the buildings near by.

What technicaly happens is this: Each player gets a dedicated zone over his head that moves with him. So the GAIA controlled units consider this "their zone" and with that comes that behavior :)

Thanks for the idea's!

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Add my thanks as well for explaining it a bit more. Been testing it for a few hours now - wow Spirit this is impressive. BI needs to step their game up before it becomes ArmA III: the Definitive Mod for MCC. That, or give you guys a job.

I'll let you know when I have actual feedback, rather than a chain reaction of derps, because my mind is kinda blown for the time being.

edit: when can I have my gaming life back, please? I used to look forward to other games.

haha, good to see you hold fun on this :)

Edited by spirit6

Slight Feature Request

I have a few semi-survival missions in mind.

I really like what you have done with the Brushes.

Can you please add a brush that will allow me to remove all Maps/GPS from units.

In this way I can rob the players of their maps/gps (gps with no map in your inventory will still let you use the map), and make them have to rendezvous by radio/compass/cooperation.

Thank you.

Edited by Incomitatum

Cheers shay

Thats the reason a 3rd person peak(ala ghost recon) might be more user friendly in cqb.

Though iv no idea if its implimentable even,just wanna throw it out there as a suggestion.

edit:

Also,iv noticed,if i turn the cover UI off,the cover system breaks.Just me guys?

I'll check the UI break… regarding Ghost Recon style it means blind fire behind a cover and for that I'll need someone to make the animations.

Don't know if this is a bug,sometime when i vaulted a wall,I can only vaulted the same wall from the side I just vaulted from and can't vault it from the other side.And sometimes after vaulted i can't even vault walls anymore.

Vaulted is depends on head height to the object in front and the thickness of the object (so you won't be able to climb buildings exc) so try moving a bit closer to the wall or looking a bit up to get the player head's higher - if it still doesn't work can you link a screen shot of the wall and a screenshot of the map location so I'll have something to base my optimization on.

Just found a bug with the vault when doors are locked you are able to vault through them

This is a big no no from my side. I'll check it out and try to figure it as this is a big "not intended" behavior.

So did the new patch change how addons work in Zeus? None of my addons show up in Zeus?

Nope we haven't touch Zeus.

Hi. Excellent mod. We now use in addition with VTS. Simplier but more options.

But We have some problems. Maybe we don't know how to use it properly.

1/ In the mission generator. We create a zone and a mission LINKED to the current zone. But the mission generator still create more zones. Much more largers. Sometimes half the map (small maps)

2/ We encouter problems with VIRTUAL artillery. With MCC, it's all right. But with the commander console. Nope. We can call an artillery mission in the right coordinates.

- But regardless the number of shell selected : only ONE shell is sent.

- Only ONE cannon is available. No battery. Doesn't know how to add more.

- Sometimes, we cannot call artillery anymore. There is cannon, shell, more shells but nothing append.

4/ First rope doesn't work fo us. Land off ok, water jumping ok (there is useless ropes). But no ropes for fast ropes. Try with vanilla, DLC and RHS choppers.

- For IA reinforcement either.

5/ We doesn't know how to stop sound. We found for the music but not the sound.

6/ We experiend some G-Loc and redout. We know that is with AGM but there is a lot with MCC.

Thanks by advance

1. Mission generator will generate as much needed zones to spawn units as it see fit and the zones size will be determine with the objective type, the mission type (cqb missions will be in more tight zones the non-CQB) and the amount of players. So yes, Mission generator might get outside the intended zone location but the center of the mission will be in that zone.

2. I'll check the number of shells issue as for number of cannons by default you have one virtual cannon but you can have as many as you want by setting this

HW_Arti_CannonNumber = 1

to any number of cannons you want in your template init.sqf file. Regarding the unable to shoot did the cannon color was red? It takes some time before you can shoot the cannon again.

4. When you have tested it the helicopter DLC was released? Did you update?

5. What sound?

6. You should ask on AGM forum I have no idea what G-Loc and redout even means.

everything is setted up on our servers but MCC is not showing up in the scoll menu we have CBA lates version

but for some it works and for some it dossent sometimes it can work for me and sometimes it dosent

any idea?

MCC doesn't required CBA – you should check keys exc as it should work just like any other mod – clients and server should run it.

Thanks shay!

Have you ever tried doing something completely useless? You know, like being a lobbyist or a celebrity fashion blogger? If you ever get tired of providing high functioning services with patient, attentive response to feedback, you could always go outside wearing a Tazmanian Devil t-shirt and immediately begin smashing mailboxes until you are tasered. Or work for EA!

EDIT: I noticed the General MCC module has a copy of Cover and Cover System Recoil settings (from Cover Module). I don't know if that's BI's fault, or mine, or Obamacare's. Just fyi. Testing to see if there's any conflicts with the two duplicate settings.

emg pls disregard what was written here. It wasn't me. Swear.

Thanks, leftovers I'll clean the MCC Settings module – it shouldn't do anything if you change them. BTW according to wife to be I'm doing something completely useless all day long :rolleyes:

Are you referring to the old MCC Tablet (a replacement for the GPS, in items)? If so, that's been done away with. The new system requires mission makers to sign in with F key, hit the Take Command button, then exit. All of the MCC Commander Tablet functions will then be in the scroll wheel action menu thing.

BTW by default it is "p" key and that is for the players not the mission maker. The Commander Console is for the players to have some limited powers.

Awesome editing tool. Just started using it. I cant get the mcc console to come up. default button doesn't bring it up not in items. where can I find it?

MR_IC already answered you and yes – you should be a commander to have the option to use the Commander Console- press "p" and assign yourself as one or start a mutiny against the actual commander. Rrrrr mutiny :butbut:

Is it just me or does the hook stops being usable after using the Taru's new reel in and parachute function ?

I believe it is just you – is it not showing in the action menu?

Hi,

I have a bug with the respawn system on dedicated server:

When i set a start location and a FOB, i can't choose the respawn with Opfo or guerilla side, i always respawn at the start base.

No problem with Bluefor, i can use any starting point (set with mcc or zeus).

Tested with mcc4.9/10/11 mod and AiA terrain pack only.

Thanks will sort it out.

Multiple MCC instances have vanished with latest... consider that closed.

Now...

Maybe I am just being thick but the template (https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxaxibkun17tv9v/template1.Altis.rar?dl=0) is not working for me on dedicated as no spawn positions ever populate the list. I'm paging back thru the thread but I cant seem to find any indication that this mission template stopped working. Help!

You are being a thick… just kidding thanks for pointing out I'll fix it.:bounce3:

Seems like MCC is crash with CSE (combat space enhancement)

Got a bug about altitude adjusment issue in ZEUS play

can't paradrop or set altitude to unit and object

Any error report to share?

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I posted in here, but tonight I spent some time testing the artillery module of MCC and I still found some bugs I had in the past. So Here we go, I'll try to point things out so you guys can point me in the right direction or confirm a odd behaviour.

So:

Using the virtual "Cannon 01" in forward artillery module:

1- even if I set multiple shells, only one is actually fired.

2- Can't get Laser guided bombs to work. No matter if I choose "Type -> Laser guided" and "spread -> Precise" or "spread -> Laser" when the bomb falls from the sky it totally ignores Laser designators. BUT, if I "Call" Laser guided bombs from the main MCC artillery menu, they work as they should!

If I use actual artillery units placed on the map (like a Sholef ):

1- still choosing multiple shells doesn't work

2- Laser guided bombs do work sometimes, sometimes they don't. It's quite random.

Overall the forward observer artillery module feels a bit buggy, I can't get to have the same behaviour twice in a session. What am I missing?

Well if you can't get the same artillery behavior twice then we are doing a great job – as artillery is a statistic weapon (just like me in a pick-up bar :cool:) if you shoot enough shells one of them might hit the target – if you want precision call the air force (that is why pilots have more luck with the ladies).

Now seriously I'll will check all of your complains just one question was it in MP or SP and dedicated or local host.

Slight Feature Request

I have a few semi-survival missions in mind.

I really like what you have done with the Brushes.

Can you please add a brush that will allow me to remove all Maps/GPS from units.

In this way I can rob the players of their maps/gps (gps with no map in your inventory will still let you use the map), and make them have to rendezvous by radio/compass/cooperation.

Thank you.

Why not just put this in the debug

player removeItems "itemMap"; player removeItems "itemGps";

and press broadcast to all players.

Any error report to share?

brush function need some more clear job

what i mean is when using brush and set clear, there are still noise exist like wind blow or ambient gunshot

what i mean is when using brush and set clear, there are still noise exist like wind blow or ambient gunshot

Happened to me. It takes some time before it goes away. My guess is that the sound is playing until the actual track reaches the end of its play loop.

Hi Shay! Thanks for the reply!

Let's Recap:

- I always play on a MP local host session

- What I mean for "I can't get the same behavior twice" is that MCC won't do what I selected in the parameters or at least it's not consistent eg: On the virtual cannon, I select 5 shells but only 1 gets actually fired. If it is a laser guided bomb, It won't work (falls from the sky but does not react to Lasers designators). On the other hand, by using actual units like a Sholef, If I choose for example 5 shells, sometimes it fires a couple of shells, sometimes only one, sometimes the shell falls only a couple of hundred meters from the Sholef position. If I request Laser Guided bombs from a Sholef, the first bomb sometimes works (follows Laser designators) the second and third etc won't. That's what I mean for "unexpected" behaviour. I fully understand the intent of leaving the artillery on a more random setting and a less exact science, but this looks to me like a buggy behaviour ;)

- Laser guided bombs don't work when called from the observer artillery console no matter what

I'll repost these old videos. It's from an older build but the same exact behaviour is present in current build (r11) (btw there are other issues like "delay" not working but I know you just fixed that stuff. All I want to show is the bombs behaviout! Just tell me if you need more informations, I'll try to post them as soon as I can)

Here you can see that If I launch Laser guided bombs from MCC main interface, they do work as expected (I know 10 Guided bombs are quite a lot but It's a lot easier to see the behaviour this way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_rVIWRjLIE

This is same thing, but called from the forward observer artillery console; as you can see Bombs fall down totally ignoring my laser designator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVpLAbfymTU

The mods I use right now are MCC, AGM and TFAR, nothing more (but problems are present since months with other mods configurations)

Edited by markrev

I too am having a lot of issues with the fast rope insertion.

The chopper will fly to the marker, then hover for a while then go to land and deploy the ropes a foot off the ground, everyone ropes out and then the chopper lands on them lol.

Or, the chopper will go to the marker and then just hover there forever.

I also have a suggestion for the convoy system.

Once the convoy is under way, it's all good but the problem is when it spawns it doesn't follow the road. It spawns in a straight line. Right into forests and buildings and whatever else. And we all know how the ai handles a tree in its path.

My idea is to use the directional drag feature from the para drop to create a spawn area for a convoy. Then a mission creator can use the UI to spawn the convoy on the road.

Thanks for all your hard work, this is one of only 2 mods in my list that warrants an immediate update every time there is one available. Keep up the great work.

@shay / spirit: when laying down MCC modules, what happens if I link the Main HQ of blufor with Main HQ of opfor? Also - can I just put both start location modules right next to each other, then link a single common set of all other MCC modules to both?

or is that like dividing by zero?

Minor request for the MCC GAIA module in editor - is it possible to have the same 1(Rookie)-10(Veteran) settings for each of the 4 AI categories, as they are in-game? Not a big deal, but thought I'd ask.

Having a problem with using the save all feature in MCC. When clicking save all to sqm its not saving the MCC missions to my clipboard and usually when its done saving it pops up "saved to clipboard" on the screen.

shay_gman it is possible to disable the - = MCC = - for the other players? leave only for Admin? I tried to put the module but still have access to other players, in which results when the admin is not online, other players make a mess on the server

I would also report this BUG, if I enter the server with admin he is giving countless options -=MCC=- as you can see in the screen below

http://i.imgur.com/xaQ50hZ.png (1584 kB)

MR_IC already answered you and yes – you should be a commander to have the option to use the Commander Console- press "p" and assign yourself as one or start a mutiny against the actual commander. Rrrrr mutiny :butbut:

But what if we want to designate a player as spotter, so he can call in arty strikes directly? If I'm not mistaken, it's done by the commander console, and if only the commander has it, this is not possible.

But what if we want to designate a player as spotter, so he can call in arty strikes directly? If I'm not mistaken, it's done by the commander console, and if only the commander has it, this is not possible.

Right, but what he is saying is - 'mutiny' is a fun way of addressing your issue. It allows all players access to the Commander Console. You hit 'p', and instead of seeing 'take command' you will see 'start mutiny' or something similar. It's not like you suddenly become opfor, but rather you're letting your commander know he isn't the only one now.

I can't say I've tried it myself, but I know the feature is there.

The noises will die out with a few minutes.

Hi Shay! Thanks for the reply!

Let's Recap:

- I always play on a MP local host session

- What I mean for "I can't get the same behavior twice" is that MCC won't do what I selected in the parameters or at least it's not consistent eg: On the virtual cannon, I select 5 shells but only 1 gets actually fired. If it is a laser guided bomb, It won't work (falls from the sky but does not react to Lasers designators). On the other hand, by using actual units like a Sholef, If I choose for example 5 shells, sometimes it fires a couple of shells, sometimes only one, sometimes the shell falls only a couple of hundred meters from the Sholef position. If I request Laser Guided bombs from a Sholef, the first bomb sometimes works (follows Laser designators) the second and third etc won't. That's what I mean for "unexpected" behaviour. I fully understand the intent of leaving the artillery on a more random setting and a less exact science, but this looks to me like a buggy behaviour ;)

- Laser guided bombs don't work when called from the observer artillery console no matter what

Yes I've tested it last night and there is a bug I've fixed – expect an update any time soon.

I too am having a lot of issues with the fast rope insertion.

The chopper will fly to the marker, then hover for a while then go to land and deploy the ropes a foot off the ground, everyone ropes out and then the chopper lands on them lol.

Or, the chopper will go to the marker and then just hover there forever.

I also have a suggestion for the convoy system.

Once the convoy is under way, it's all good but the problem is when it spawns it doesn't follow the road. It spawns in a straight line. Right into forests and buildings and whatever else. And we all know how the ai handles a tree in its path.

My idea is to use the directional drag feature from the para drop to create a spawn area for a convoy. Then a mission creator can use the UI to spawn the convoy on the road.

Thanks for all your hard work, this is one of only 2 mods in my list that warrants an immediate update every time there is one available. Keep up the great work.

Yes I've tested it last night and there is a bug I've fixed – expect an update any time soon.

Regarding convoy the convoy will be facing relatively to the second waypoint – but I think I'll have your advice about drawing a line like CAS.

@shay / spirit: when laying down MCC modules, what happens if I link the Main HQ of blufor with Main HQ of opfor? Also - can I just put both start location modules right next to each other, then link a single common set of all other MCC modules to both?

or is that like dividing by zero?

Minor request for the MCC GAIA module in editor - is it possible to have the same 1(Rookie)-10(Veteran) settings for each of the 4 AI categories, as they are in-game? Not a big deal, but thought I'd ask.

You can put the start locations modules on top of each other if you like so… linking them will have no effect. But placing opposite sides start locations next to each other means that players from both sides will spaw, well, next to each other.

I'll add more options to the GAIA settings module.

Having a problem with using the save all feature in MCC. When clicking save all to sqm its not saving the MCC missions to my clipboard and usually when its done saving it pops up "saved to clipboard" on the screen.

Are you testing it on dedicated server?

shay_gman it is possible to disable the - = MCC = - for the other players? leave only for Admin? I tried to put the module but still have access to other players, in which results when the admin is not online, other players make a mess on the server

I would also report this BUG, if I enter the server with admin he is giving countless options -=MCC=- as you can see in the screen below

http://i.imgur.com/xaQ50hZ.png (1584 kB)

There is a know bug regarding the access module – I'll fix it and release an update soon.

Well its up for the commander to control the mission assets part of it is artillery the intendant of the console is that player can spot targets like in RL and call the commander asking for fire support broadcasting his position, direction and range to the target while providing the needed ordnance type and number.

The commander should type this info in the observer panel and then select how will he want to address it:

Either call virtual cannons if available or call AI artillery under his command or broadcast the fire solution to available players who are gunners in an artillery piece.

Players will get the fire request and the fire solution high or low.

So the main idea is to keep it real with commander that functions as HQ for all kinds of support request while the spotter job is mainly to spot and coordinate targets.

Right, but what he is saying is - 'mutiny' is a fun way of addressing your issue. It allows all players access to the Commander Console. You hit 'p', and instead of seeing 'take command' you will see 'start mutiny' or something similar. It's not like you suddenly become opfor, but rather you're letting your commander know he isn't the only one now.

I can't say I've tried it myself, but I know the feature is there.

Actually the mutiny works with votes. Once mutiny has started the active commander will get notification regarding the mutiny while all other players from the commander side will get vote dialog where they can join the mutiny or not. If the vote passed the players started the mutiny will become the new commander.

Edited by shay_gman

hahaha man, just have my posts deleted when they're completely useless. Earlier I was what - saying f was the key, over and over, when it was p? The best part is I hadn't changed the keybinding and forgot etc. Just old fashioned herpderp.

Don't everyone laugh at once at this question: if I'm only interested in coop, should I only be putting down 1 MCC Start module (blufor)? And then 3 more separate, unlinked modules for Settings, GAIA, and Cover?

Thanks for the answers.

We will change the number of cannon for some missions into the init and for the fast ropes, we have seen there will be an update. Great.

Excellent idea about convoy.