shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

What about an easy to use Post processing effect previewer and template creator? That way you can add whatever effects you like to the mission, in addition save them as templates for quick retrieval.

As the PPeffectCreate commands etc. Are very Clunky and slow... being able to choose what I want in the way of color adjustments etc Would make things much more interesting. And the MCC 4 template for a heat-wave could easily be improved using a slight rippling effect.

In addition a "universal particle effect creation interface would be very nice as well"

Anyone know whats up with the Ai accuracy lately? I set them to rookie yet the Ai never misses. This only happens with MCC on.

Thanks for the new update mcc team

Is it possible to tie in peaking cover via whichever button we use to zoom?

Im thinking along the lines for a third person peak feature.Zooloo was attempting something like this before but never implimented it.

These features are were unexpected i must say.Appreciated.

Actually wanted to ask about something almost forgot.

In mcc console,when controlling AI,how do i direct where the artillery fire mission will hit?I selected arty piece,double clicked an area on map,selected artillery fire mission,the artillery fired but in a completely random area of the map.

Edited by redarmy

Is it possible to tie in peaking cover via whichever button we use to zoom?

Im thinking along the lines for a third person peak feature.Zooloo was attempting something like this before but never implimented it.

These features are were unexpected i must say.Appreciated.

Actually wanted to ask about something almost forgot.

In mcc console,when controlling AI,how do i direct where the artillery fire mission will hit?I selected arty piece,double clicked an area on map,selected artillery fire mission,the artillery fired but in a completely random area of the map.

You shouldn't have any problem with 3d person, as you'll normally get into aim down sights (ADS) when you are in 3D person. So you will have the same effect just the unit you are playing will change it's stance according to the cover.

The artillery waypoint is just BIS waypoint for more precise and diverse artillery use the F4 button – forward observer there you can give fire mission to any AI or players' controlled artillery piece.

How do I get the FIA east on mcc4 it says that they have no units and wont let me fight them using Nato.

Also how do you get units have no NVGS so they wont spot my team coming in at night?

There are no FIA east units only west as far as I know.

To delete units night vision use the brush option to delete and second time to add flashlights.

Does anyone know how to save Mission Settings? Not the missions themselves, but AI skills + Smoke freq + GAIA control units + etc. Top right of main MCC console.

MCC saves my Mission Wizard settings from session to session, but not those. If it's possible let me know - thanks.

You can't save settings, but you can place the settings module in your mission to predefine your preferred settings without the need to change them on every mission start.

I'm the only one using MCC and XmedSys?

There's a bug between XmedSYs and SuperFlash Grenades, making the screen blurry on the edges.

So now, MCC and XmedSys make my screen blurry.

Well it is just Super Traut FB and I'm not going to modify his scripts apart from what have needed to work along the interaction system. Is this only a problem when effected by the FB grenade or a constant behavior.

OK, Ambient Warzone, I don't understand how it works technically.

I created a zone in north and south, player is in between. In north I placed CSAT (Garrison) in south NATO. Many units are spawned. Then I turned Ambient Warzone on. Now I get many exclamation mark markers on the map. Nothing else happens between those zones.

EDIT: Hmm, seems if I group normal groups (not garrison), then units are spawned in ambient warzone.

QUESTION1: ambient warzone # of units, is it dependent on # of units in the zones?

QUESTION2: What do the blue/red dots on map mean? An ambient warzone unit could spawn here? I teleported, nothing is there.

Spirit will be here tomorrow he'll be happy to answer.

Hi Shay, the latest MCC version breaks the spectator script. Rolling back to 0.4.9 has a working spectator script, whilst the latest version does not. I have tried this with the F3 template as well as with the one provided in your original post.

It isn't broken, we have removed F3 spectator as it was made by Kegstag and although Ollem did a great work on it we couldn't found Kegstag to ask his written approval for using the script so we have just removed it.

the MCC (green) addaction has come back as a spam-thing.

(it was fixed in the last version, but this version its back to spam again)

Im using only MCC addon, dedicated, have the restriction-module on.

It starts when start, and when trixing around in MCC I got a ton of green MCC.

I see, I'll fix that.

Is it possible for you to add a "Loiter" waypoint for helicopters and add an option for Rules of Engagement in the waypoint menu that makes ai squads hold fire, engage at will etc. in the next version?

If I only knew what you mean by "Loiter" waypoint.

I would also love to see a hold fire behavior for AI,it has many uses for altering the playstyle of a mission,and puts control to the player and how they want the mission to progress.

Maczed,if your in a hurry for a feature like this,as im not sure Shay would impliment it,is to check out DCE(Drongos command enhancement)

I can work it out.

Ok, I really need some help on the sandstorm brush.

I'm using the latest version of MCC (4.10.1) and the latest version of All In Arma Standalone (AiASA).

When I'm running the VTS mission + MCC as addon and apply twice the sandstorm brush, I'm getting this:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34102761729808328/8337883A4FF13C920A62F215686CF4ABE76F6EC9/

(yes, if I apply it once, I usually to get the fog).

Issue: in MP, the other player doesn't have any fog. I assume that VTS + MCC trying to deal with the weather is the issue.

I created a simple mission with just 3 playables possition, weather settings set to manual (only 4 parameters can be put in manual !! what about the others, especially fog !!).

Now, wether I set the fog to zero by default or to 70 (it's about the fog settings when sandstorm is applied), I only get this:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34102761748728814/2751FF2D3D568178CB8567BB9D1A01C3FCC86BC2/

When I look at the weather settings in MCC, fog is blocked to 0. I can try to increase it but it has no effect at all.

What should I do to get the result of the first screenshot for all players ?

Thx !!

Well it is something with the fog settings for other clients or some weather script running in the background. Can you send me the template?

Hi, I wanted to drop buy and ask about few things. First off: I LOVE the random mission generator. It is something that really adds a lot to the gameplay. However, I would like to ask if it would be possible to use the mission generator "outside" of MCC. Basically I want to get the mission, but I do not want to see any admin/debug stuff like stuff spawned around me, MCC control markers and such. Ideally I would like to just walk to an object that has custom action, that generates new mission when you use it. All in single player though.

Is there any way to do something similar, even disabling markers and such would be great for me.

Check the latest version zone markers are off outside of MCC.

@Shay: I'm making a series of FOB-only MCC templates for every map my group uses. Bornholm, Clafghan, etc. On your Building a basic game template (6 October, @4:45) video, where do you get the spawn point script from? I've checked other MCC related init's and cannot find it to copy it as you do. It looks like you got it from the very same mission init that you are creating (both have 'startW' name). Sorry for not understanding this. Blah blah former console blah blah new pc gamer here.

And speaking of init's - I want to have my own customized Mission Settings, and have it saved permanently from session to session. I copied the init you provided in the thread's front page to my mission's init, set various things I wanted there, but I'm not sure how to test if it works. I tried checking Mission Settings via MCC 2D editor inside the mission, but they remained default.

If shay, spirit, or anyone knows what's up I'd appreciate it.

You don't need to mess around with scripts. Open the 2D editor pick Modules, you'll find MCC. Put MCC start location for each side (make at least one of them as HQ) and there you have it.

Same goes for mission settings – use the module.

It always feels like Christmas when you release a new version. Great work guys.

Thank you so much for adding the hidden MCC zones on the normal map; I see someone bringing up something in regards to this though.

When you create a zone in MCC the yellow turns invisible immediately; if you exit MCC and re enter, then its showing again. Also if you edit the zone it goes invisible again, so again you have to exit and enter MCC again to see it.

Thanks, I'll fix it. BTW you don't need to close and open MCC just click on the zone to select it and it will be visible again.

What about an easy to use Post processing effect previewer and template creator? That way you can add whatever effects you like to the mission, in addition save them as templates for quick retrieval.

As the PPeffectCreate commands etc. Are very Clunky and slow... being able to choose what I want in the way of color adjustments etc Would make things much more interesting. And the MCC 4 template for a heat-wave could easily be improved using a slight rippling effect.

In addition a "universal particle effect creation interface would be very nice as well"

Nice idea, we'll look into it.

Anyone know whats up with the Ai accuracy lately? I set them to rookie yet the Ai never misses. This only happens with MCC on.

MCC doesn't change AI accuracy. And the accuracy settings are just for new units spawned with MCC. So check your server accuracy. In my latest video I was fighting two guys from close range and only got scratched although running through their bullets so it isn't the case for me.

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (shay_gman) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I really like the new functionality you added to the Taru. Do you think about releasing it separately/standalone of the normal MCC mod?

Hey all

real new to mcc within the mcc mission is the any way to set all server slot to civ???

Thanks

DeanO

Edited by deanmrd

Cheers shay

Regarding 3rd person peak it works fine as you mention.It transitions to a 1st person peak when ADSing.

What i was getting at,is a "zoom peak"

Good for the new cqb stuff we got now.As in you approach a corner,zoom,while in combat stance,and character can peak out with stance and you can "fire from the hip" to put it lightly.

Your peak out in ist person is good,but admittedly with armas inherint somewhat clunky mechanics,its not always perfect transition,and can get you killed in cqb.

Thats the reason a 3rd person peak(ala ghost recon) might be more user friendly in cqb.

Though iv no idea if its implimentable even,just wanna throw it out there as a suggestion.

edit:

Also,iv noticed,if i turn the cover UI off,the cover system breaks.Just me guys?

Edited by redarmy

Don't know if this is a bug,sometime when i vaulted a wall,I can only vaulted the same wall from the side I just vaulted from and can't vault it from the other side.And sometimes after vaulted i can't even vault walls anymore.

Well it is something with the fog settings for other clients or some weather script running in the background. Can you send me the template?

Sure ! PM sent.

Just found a bug with the vault when doors are locked you are able to vault through them

How can i open closed doors, and how can i open the tablet to peek under doors?

Well it is just Super Traut FB and I'm not going to modify his scripts apart from what have needed to work along the interaction system. Is this only a problem when effected by the FB grenade or a constant behavior.

It's a constant behavoiur. I've already notified him and I hope he will release a fix soon and notify you.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?157064-Flashbang/page16

It was reported some months ago and (suppodsely) it was fixed. Seems not.

Any chance to get an MMC 3 r9 version somewhere until this is fixed?

So did the new patch change how addons work in Zeus? None of my addons show up in Zeus?

How can i open closed doors, and how can i open the tablet to peek under doors?

In the last few updates to MCC, the commander's tablet is no longer an item in the game's inventory. Hit P, take command, and it will then be an option on your action menu.

You will need a multi-tool to lock / unlock doors. You will also need the tactical video probe in order to see behind a closed door. Make sure you know or set your MCC keybindings - either by the MCC login menu or main in-game menu (ESC). What ever key you set for Interaction - you will need to hold it in front of the door. Only push it once to yell at hostages or 'encourage' bad guys to surrender.

edit: Don't forget claymores!

Edited by Mr_IC

Hi. Excellent mod. We now use in addition with VTS. Simplier but more options.

But We have some problems. Maybe we don't know how to use it properly.

1/ In the mission generator. We create a zone and a mission LINKED to the current zone. But the mission generator still create more zones. Much more largers. Sometimes half the map (small maps)

2/ We encouter problems with VIRTUAL artillery. With MCC, it's all right. But with the commander console. Nope. We can call an artillery mission in the right coordinates.

- But regardless the number of shell selected : only ONE shell is sent.

- Only ONE cannon is available. No battery. Doesn't know how to add more.

- Sometimes, we cannot call artillery anymore. There is cannon, shell, more shells but nothing append.

3/We encounter another problem with REAL arty.

- Spawned Arty (Sholef for exemple) are full, then peoples disembark and they re enter into ONE full++ sholef. In command console there is only 3 sholef

- Spawned Arty doesn't fire. At all!

- Just before a mission, i have successfully spawn (they don't disembark) and fire a group a Sholef. But only one time. Conflict with AGM+XMS. No conflict with AGM only

4/ First rope doesn't work fo us. Land off ok, water jumping ok (there is useless ropes). But no ropes for fast ropes. Try with vanilla, DLC and RHS choppers.

- For IA reinforcement either.

5/ We doesn't know how to stop sound. We found for the music but not the sound.

6/ We experiend some G-Loc and redout. We know that is with AGM but there is a lot with MCC.

Thanks by advance

Edited by Adeubal
Sorry.... find what's wrong

everything is setted up on our servers but MCC is not showing up in the scoll menu we have CBA lates version

but for some it works and for some it dossent sometimes it can work for me and sometimes it dosent

any idea?

Edited by GSmurfz

You don't need to mess around with scripts. Open the 2D editor pick Modules, you'll find MCC. Put MCC start location for each side (make at least one of them as HQ) and there you have it. Same goes for mission settings – use the module.

Thanks shay!

Have you ever tried doing something completely useless? You know, like being a lobbyist or a celebrity fashion blogger? If you ever get tired of providing high functioning services with patient, attentive response to feedback, you could always go outside wearing a Tazmanian Devil t-shirt and immediately begin smashing mailboxes until you are tasered. Or work for EA!

EDIT: I noticed the General MCC module has a copy of Cover and Cover System Recoil settings (from Cover Module). I don't know if that's BI's fault, or mine, or Obamacare's. Just fyi. Testing to see if there's any conflicts with the two duplicate settings.

emg pls disregard what was written here. It wasn't me. Swear.

Edited by Mr_IC

Awesome editing tool. Just started using it. I cant get the mcc console to come up. default button doesn't bring it up not in items. where can I find it?

Awesome editing tool. Just started using it. I cant get the mcc console to come up. default button doesn't bring it up not in items. where can I find it?

Are you referring to the old MCC Tablet (a replacement for the GPS, in items)? If so, that's been done away with. The new system requires mission makers to sign in with P, hit the Take Command button, then exit. All of the MCC Commander Tablet functions will then be in the scroll wheel action menu thing.

Edited by Mr_IC