shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Regard weather as always I recommend using the mod version, but in the mission template or MCC mission you need to make sure that the weather is set to manual (in the environment settings in the 2d editor) otherwise increasing fog without increasing the overall overcast will steam down by the engine.

Now you've said it, it makes complete sense :D I am indeed using the mod version, i will make sure its set to manual in the template.

Thankyou.

Oh and BTW to close the Tactical Video Prob display you can just press Tab. I'll add some info on the screen,

Currently not, Spirit is working on something to similar so it is WIP.

thanks a lot ;)

How do I get the FIA east on mcc4 it says that they have no units and wont let me fight them using Nato.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Also how do you get units have no NVGS so they wont spot my team coming in at night?

Also how do you get units have no NVGS so they wont spot my team coming in at night?

wOULDNT MIND FINDING THIS OUT EITHER :)

Does anyone know how to save Mission Settings? Not the missions themselves, but AI skills + Smoke freq + GAIA control units + etc. Top right of main MCC console.

MCC saves my Mission Wizard settings from session to session, but not those. If it's possible let me know - thanks.

I'm the only one using MCC and XmedSys?

There's a bug between XmedSYs and SuperFlash Grenades, making the screen blurry on the edges.

So now, MCC and XmedSys make my screen blurry.

does anyone have the bug where you cant access the configure menu during a mission? I can sometimes access it once with no problems then it will stop working. If i spam click it it will sometimes open but more often than not it doesn't open at all.

OK, Ambient Warzone, I don't understand how it works technically.

I created a zone in north and south, player is in between. In north I placed CSAT (Garrison) in south NATO. Many units are spawned. Then I turned Ambient Warzone on. Now I get many exclamation mark markers on the map. Nothing else happens between those zones.

EDIT: Hmm, seems if I group normal groups (not garrison), then units are spawned in ambient warzone.

QUESTION1: ambient warzone # of units, is it dependent on # of units in the zones?

QUESTION2: What do the blue/red dots on map mean? An ambient warzone unit could spawn here? I teleported, nothing is there.

Edited by tortuosit

Does anyone know how to save Mission Settings? Not the missions themselves, but AI skills + Smoke freq + GAIA control units + etc. Top right of main MCC console.

MCC saves my Mission Wizard settings from session to session, but not those. If it's possible let me know - thanks.

Check the 2D editor, pretty sure I've seen an MCC module that lets you set those parameters

Hi Shay, the latest MCC version breaks the spectator script. Rolling back to 0.4.9 has a working spectator script, whilst the latest version does not. I have tried this with the F3 template as well as with the one provided in your original post.

Check the 2D editor, pretty sure I've seen an MCC module that lets you set those parameters

I probably shouldn't have said 'main MCC console', that was dumb and confusing of me. The 2D editor is the very thing I was referring to.

Every time I host a game, I have to set my preferences at the Mission Settings button. Skill, Smoke, Teleport to team etc. Any way to save those? Every time I set them I get notification at top right that they are saved, but they reset if I abort the game and start a new one. MW on the other hand keeps any changes I make, from session to session.

Am I doing something wrong? I usually am.

the MCC (green) addaction has come back as a spam-thing.

(it was fixed in the last version, but this version its back to spam again)

Im using only MCC addon, dedicated, have the restriction-module on.

It starts when start, and when trixing around in MCC I got a ton of green MCC.

Is it possible for you to add a "Loiter" waypoint for helicopters and add an option for Rules of Engagement in the waypoint menu that makes ai squads hold fire, engage at will etc. in the next version?

Is it possible for you to add a "Loiter" waypoint for helicopters and add an option for Rules of Engagement in the waypoint menu that makes ai squads hold fire, engage at will etc. in the next version?

I would also love to see a hold fire behavior for AI,it has many uses for altering the playstyle of a mission,and puts control to the player and how they want the mission to progress.

Maczed,if your in a hurry for a feature like this,as im not sure Shay would impliment it,is to check out DCE(Drongos command enhancement)

Ok, I really need some help on the sandstorm brush.

I'm using the latest version of MCC (4.10.1) and the latest version of All In Arma Standalone (AiASA).

When I'm running the VTS mission + MCC as addon and apply twice the sandstorm brush, I'm getting this:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34102761729808328/8337883A4FF13C920A62F215686CF4ABE76F6EC9/

(yes, if I apply it once, I usually to get the fog).

Issue: in MP, the other player doesn't have any fog. I assume that VTS + MCC trying to deal with the weather is the issue.

I created a simple mission with just 3 playables possition, weather settings set to manual (only 4 parameters can be put in manual !! what about the others, especially fog !!).

Now, wether I set the fog to zero by default or to 70 (it's about the fog settings when sandstorm is applied), I only get this:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34102761748728814/2751FF2D3D568178CB8567BB9D1A01C3FCC86BC2/

When I look at the weather settings in MCC, fog is blocked to 0. I can try to increase it but it has no effect at all.

What should I do to get the result of the first screenshot for all players ?

Thx !!

How do I get the FIA east on mcc4 it says that they have no units and wont let me fight them using Nato.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

The way I do it is after I have a zone and enemies spawned. I used the BRUSH and there is an option to remove unit NVG. I just drag across the area and it removes the NVG.

Now, I would LOVE how to put the faction that looks like terrorist into the game to fight against NATO also, because I prefer the more guerrilla warfare types. I don't know how to do that one.

@shay, here's a cool script I found that permit crash landing with choppers.

If you feel it would be a cool addition, I'll sure dig it! :)

Hi, I wanted to drop buy and ask about few things. First off: I LOVE the random mission generator. It is something that really adds a lot to the gameplay. However, I would like to ask if it would be possible to use the mission generator "outside" of MCC. Basically I want to get the mission, but I do not want to see any admin/debug stuff like stuff spawned around me, MCC control markers and such. Ideally I would like to just walk to an object that has custom action, that generates new mission when you use it. All in single player though.

Is there any way to do something similar, even disabling markers and such would be great for me.

@Shay: I'm making a series of FOB-only MCC templates for every map my group uses. Bornholm, Clafghan, etc. On your Building a basic game template (6 October, @4:45) video, where do you get the spawn point script from? I've checked other MCC related init's and cannot find it to copy it as you do. It looks like you got it from the very same mission init that you are creating (both have 'startW' name). Sorry for not understanding this. Blah blah former console blah blah new pc gamer here.

And speaking of init's - I want to have my own customized Mission Settings, and have it saved permanently from session to session. I copied the init you provided in the thread's front page to my mission's init, set various things I wanted there, but I'm not sure how to test if it works. I tried checking Mission Settings via MCC 2D editor inside the mission, but they remained default.

If shay, spirit, or anyone knows what's up I'd appreciate it.

I'll try to answer questions tomorrow.

I've just logged in to say good night and drop this here:

R11 is here:

You can find it also in the Steam launcher.

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Change log r11:

Cover system: - NEW

- Added: Cover system (need to be activated using MCC (settings) module). Allow picking out of corners automatically, reducing recoile while picking from cover, allows vaulting/climbing over obstcales.

MCC_cover

MCC_coverUI

MCC_changeRecoil

Helicopters:

- Added: New Paradrop infil for players and AI - Drop-pods.

- Added: New functionality attach and drop pods with the MI-290 Taru. Once you have sling load a pod press MCC interaction to reel it in and press MCC interaction to

drop the pod- it will parachute the pod safty.

- Added: New rope physicx to the fast rope options the EVAC and AI reinforcement.

- Added: New helicopters variants for the EVAC and AI reinforcement.

- Fixed: Delete evac didn't work.

- Fixed: Spawning AI in cargo sits in evac helicopters.

Engine:

- Added: Interactio, Survival and cover system options from inside MCC settings.

- Added: New Variable MCC_syncOn - disable it to have no server sync (in MCC(settings) module)

- Added: Interact doors in ArmA2 maps (will not work for all doors as BI totally change the configs).

- Added: MCC zones will not be displayed on the map just in the MCC console itself.

- Fixed: Sync will not effect AI units

- Fixed: Altis Mod template and disabled automatic weather on all templates.

- Fixed: Presets added to Zeus objects/units didn't work for JIP.

- Fixed: GAIA Caching.

Tactical Video Probe

- Added: Tactical Video Probe tool tips.

- Changed: Tactical Video Probe has been changed from a full screen video to a tablet picture in picture view.

It always feels like Christmas when you release a new version. Great work guys.

Thank you so much for adding the hidden MCC zones on the normal map; I see someone bringing up something in regards to this though.

When you create a zone in MCC the yellow turns invisible immediately; if you exit MCC and re enter, then its showing again. Also if you edit the zone it goes invisible again, so again you have to exit and enter MCC again to see it.

Edited by Sharpie7051

the new cover system its brillant ;)

thank you !!

@Shay - thanks again for the update !!