shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I understand you guys are still working on occupy - so is it supposed to spawn very large forces and many extra zones? EDIT: I only ask because i could see how that might work on a dedicated server, but I'm hosting everything locally on my poor little pc.

Thanks yet again fellas.

The occupy script works by the delayed spawning and caching settings (enabled/disabled), you can set them on and off under the spawn button. (top left button). So it is up to the user to delay, cache or directly spawn the groups.

Nope not at the moment what's up with animations? what is wrong with them?

When i say animations, specifically the animations you might want a unit to play to create ambiance around your mission (Repairing a vehicle, leaning on a wall etc.)

Once loaded into the mission the animations will play fine, until MCC has synced. Once this happens the units running the animations revert back to the "default" position, hands by their sides not moving.

Something like this script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26640, is affected. Animations play fine then stop once synced... Sometimes they do carry on with the animations, its really quite inconsistent. I have had the problem without using this script aswell.

Another affected scenario, which i have come across is a trigger sound initiated at mission start, stops once MCC is synced. So for example you create a trigger set to condition true, then play the "Wind Fast" environment sound, once MCC syncs the sound stops playing.

Also while i'm here, just a unrelated question regarding the weather selection. Currently it seems you are unable to set any overcast conditions without it starting to rain. If you set this in the editor, you can create overcast skies with no rain. Trying this with MCC however anything toward or over the mid point in the overcast slider starts the rain aswell.

Also while i'm here, just a unrelated question regarding the weather selection. Currently it seems you are unable to set any overcast conditions without it starting to rain. If you set this in the editor, you can create overcast skies with no rain. Trying this with MCC however anything toward or over the mid point in the overcast slider starts the rain aswell.

I agree, and have mentioned this a couple times.

Also with the new STORM brushes, the "fog" color/density that really sells the effects only last for a few seconds and then just vanishes. Then you're stuck with an annoying sound that won't go away (even if you set things back to "clear") and a color that looks out of place. They also don't seem very brush/area based.

I am sure they'll improve this over time, but other features are a priority.

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

@Shay

We've found a persistent bug that has affected a couple versions of MCC now.

This affects the initialization of the VAB, but not Arsenal.

When you place the VAB script on an object, and other people log in AFTER it has been placed, the Mission Maker must place a second instance on that object, or delete it and replace it.

This is repeatable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MCC MOD BUGS

We have tried to adopt the MOD version of MCC and run into some bugs.

We aren't sure which map to use it on. We haven't found it to be compatible with most Zeuse maps. And so we've just been running it on the same map we have been, the MCC Mission Map.

When we do this we get TWO MCC options (understandable as we are running both the mission and the mod).

INIT LINE

When right-clicking an object to "EDIT INIT LINE [MCC]", there will be no options, no text fields or drop-downs, just OK and CANCEL. So we can't initialize things like the VAB or Arsenal. This is a big problem that has no solution. OCCASIONALLY, restarting the server MIGHT help.

RESPAWNING

When using the Mod version with the Mission version if a default spawn-point has not been set, rather than respawn at the airport, you spawn in the middle of your group (oftentimes getting shot or getting in the way).

Once a point HAS been set, if you die, you cannot respawn as the game will think about it and then tell you something like "No Valid Location Found".

If it CAN find a valid location, you still cannot respawn as then it brings up (over the spawnpoint selection dialogue) a broken version of the Role Selection screen. Most players then hit "EXIT" and are taken back to the Lobby.

Edited by Incomitatum

Hi, I'll be happy to help.

First, we need to isolate the problem - verify: does it work without MCC?

In general MCC shouldn't interfere with the mod as it doesn't do anything with insignia (I don't even know how to do it) but we should check it out. So please verify if this is a truly MCC case.

If it is I'll download your mod and dissect it to understand what is causing it.

It does work without MCC. Though I don't think you need to download my mod to test, not even vanilla insignias work with just CBA and MCC enabled. Maybe it's not specifically insignias but something with selections or setObjectTextureGlobal?

Here is some insignia documentary you can use when testing:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Unit_Insignia

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_getUnitInsignia

Hi, I'll be happy to help. .

. .Well that intended – the idea is that you can generate big missions or multiple missions without overstocking the server. You can increase the caching distance to max so you can see the units spawned.

I shall, as stated before, remain in solemn facepalm for the next 3 days. See you all on the other side.

David Blaine - eat your heart out. Actually don't, because I'm sure you probably could.

The occupy script works by the delayed spawning and caching settings (enabled/disabled), you can set them on and off under the spawn button. (top left button). So it is up to the user to delay, cache or directly spawn the groups.

You know, if you guys ever get tired of babysitting my incompetence you could always try high voltage cattle prods. I respond equally well to both helpful feedback and overwhelming surges of electricity. I only recommend the cattle prods in case you're short on time.

Creat a trigger, name it like "t1" choose "West" and "Present" click "Create". Now draw the trigger area on the map. Now the "Stop Capturing" button will become enabled. Now create artillery (spread, type, number, delay) Once you click on the map there will be no artillery but a message saying "Artillery Captured" now press "Stop Capturing" and you have your trigger. The first West units to get into the trigger zone will activate it.

Got triggers doing all kinds of things now Rapax, many thanks for your example!

It's time I shared something with you all. Something I have hidden: I am a student of Professor Charles Xavier's school for gifted youngsters. At 34 I was one of the oldest applicants, sure, but I possessed something that made me different from others. I knew I was special early on - I could wait in the DMV for hours, and have a wonderful time. I would use crayons on insurance forms without hesitation.

Little over a year ago, my brother bought a car from a private seller and left it in my garage over the weekend. Curious, I had a look in the trunk and was concerned about what appeared to be massive amounts of junk metal packed in there. I could not remove it by hand, so I spent the entire weekend cutting the dense metal apart with industrial grade welding tools. Satisfied with all my hard work, I threw the trunk open with a hearty 'ta-da!' to my little brother as he walked into the garage that Monday morning.

Needless to say I was dismayed to learn from him the trunk was actually at the rear of the vehicle, and that I had been working diligently under the hood the last two days. He contacted the owner of the vehicle, a one Professor Charles Xavier, to work out purchase terms as he had only borrowed it temporarily in order to have it inspected.

Since that day Xavier has taken a profound interest in developing my powers. In tandem with state law and various medical professionals, he graciously provided an experimental prescription helmet, custom fitted sort of like Thor's Mjolnir, for me to wear at all times. I am bound not just by laws but by honor to wear this helmet. When I remove it, shit like the last several posts and 'feedback' I have provided tend to happen. Really sorry for all of this.

MCC, on the other hand, gets better every day.

MCC:SWAT OBSERVATIONS

Our clan just got done testing the additions of the SWAT elements.

We really love what they can offer but noticed some bugs. I think you'll find these are all repeatable.

Video Probe

If you enter this mode there is no graceful way out. It'd be nice to be able to hold the INTERACT key and exit this mode. So far we have found you have to push Escape Twice.

If you enter the Video Probe while you are prone, you change to a kneeling stance when you are actually looking through it. This has gotten us killed from windows that were parallel to the door. :D

Claymore Charge

This charge seems to be placed facing the wrong way.

We have found it has a higher chance of wounding/killing your own people on the side of the door it was placed, than blowing INWARD and harming the hostiles in the room (Yes, we know to stand away from it).

The blast, when placed on a door, should have a high chance to stun those in the opposing room as well.

Flash Bangs

We watched the video where AGM Flashbangs were mentioned; it was said that MCC was to use the same ones. We found the MCC Flashbangs do NOT behave similarly.

IN FACT, the MCC Flashbangs do not flash as much as bang. They are VERY deadly. Instead of blinding and subduing our targets they killed them 80% of the time. When used on other players no flash was present, but they were wounded.

Similarly: please consider making the STONE Grenade (that no one uses) the MCC:Mission analogue for the flashbang (for those who don't have the Mod version).

NPC Interaction

We found that you could bark orders to Civilians and they would be able to be tied up and join your squad. In actual missions it would be preferable to be able to use this functionality on soldiers of the opposing faction as well. If they are stunned and you have a gun, they should be able to be told to drop their weapon and place their hands behind their heads.

Edited by Incomitatum

Hi Guys, I want to start off by saying I have really enjoyed the mod for a long time now, and like the new features you have added lately. I have one question and one request and one in between if I may.

Question: whenever I'm the squad leader and use the parachute insertion that you added a while back, my team never jumps out of the helo; but if I'm a subordinate then everyone jumps out just fine. Is this happening to everyone or just me, I've never seen it mentioned and wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks again for developing this mod, been an all time fan for a long time.

Request: On the new occupy feature your rolling out, it generates way to many squads in my opinion and if at all possible can there be an option for density? I would say currently it would be 100% something like 25% increments up to the current state would be awesome. Thanks in advance if you do something like this in the future.

The something in between: As I only play single player, It would be incredible if you add an option to hide MCC zones to only be viewed in the MCC interface. I've seen this asked a number of times but have never seen an answer posted or even a suggestion of a work around.

As I only play single player, It would be incredible if you add an option to hide MCC zones to only be viewed in the MCC interface. I've seen this asked a number of times but have never seen an answer posted or even a suggestion of a work around.

Voted +1. I'm like you too Sharpie and play either alone or with a mate. Having the zones/extraneous markers hidden would be absolutely ideal :)

Also with the new STORM brushes, the "fog" color/density that really sells the effects only last for a few seconds and then just vanishes. Then you're stuck with an annoying sound that won't go away (even if you set things back to "clear") and a color that looks out of place. They also don't seem very brush/area based.

The environmental brushes seem to be map dependent.

Sandstorm is working well on Zargabad (I often have to apply it twice) and not at all on Dariyah (ie I never have the fog effect).

And never ever use at the same time the MCC mission and the MCC addon.

MCC is spamming my action box...

I start the mission with one instance if MCC and they just sooner or later I have dozens of keep coming. After a while my menu is full of dozens of MCC's

HALP!

latest patch. MCC. Dedicated server. This is a new issue, never before encountered.

Is the ability to attach Taru pods going to be added later on, or is it already there?

@1212PDMCDMPPM

Then what map/mission do YOU use the Mod with?

All we have on our server list is MCC and a bunch of Zeus stuff. I am the admin so I can add other maps, but I don't seem to see a blank Altis map to just load into.

The environmental brushes seem to be map dependent.

Sandstorm is working well on Zargabad (I often have to apply it twice) and not at all on Dariyah (ie I never have the fog effect).

Is there no fog at all, or maybe much less? From my observation, fog indeed needs some per-map handling. May be something about height information of the map. Can definitely be treated by setfog array, but I fear per map. Maybe Dariyah is not on sea level, but somewhere higher?

Can't delete evac vehicle or evac driver when i press the corresponding buttons, nothing happens

Is there no fog at all, or maybe much less? From my observation, fog indeed needs some per-map handling. May be something about height information of the map. Can definitely be treated by setfog array, but I fear per map. Maybe Dariyah is not on sea level, but somewhere higher?

Thx. I need to toy with regular fog on Dariyah to see if it's working at all !

@Incomitatum: I don't understand what your talking about with zeus stuff as Zeus is just the BiS GM module.

I'm using the sandstorm brush on Zargabad mainly (the AiA SA version).

You can find a lot of older BiS maps in AiA SA or AiA TP (look in this forum) and many others through armaholic or PWS.

@1212PDMCDMPPM

You had said:

And never ever use at the same time the MCC mission and the MCC addon.

So, I was asking. What Map/Mission do you use the MCC:Mod on. I don't seem to have a virginal version of Altis that doesn't have either MCC or Zeuse pre-bundled with it.

Wall of text is comming... :butbut::butbut::butbut:

Hi Shay,

I just one little question about HC possibilities. I hope this one hasn't been asked 500 times already (I've done some search in this post but no results.

The question is : Is it possible at this time to generate missions over the HC and not the server?

sebj

Currently not, Spirit is working on something to similar so it is WIP.

When i say animations, specifically the animations you might want a unit to play to create ambiance around your mission (Repairing a vehicle, leaning on a wall etc.)

Ok i'll check it out.

Regard weather as always I recommend using the mod version, but in the mission template or MCC mission you need to make sure that the weather is set to manual (in the environment settings in the 2d editor) otherwise increasing fog without increasing the overall overcast will steam down by the engine.

[/color]@Shay

When you place the VAB script on an object, and other people log in AFTER it has been placed, the Mission Maker must place a second instance on that object, or delete it and replace it.

This is repeatable.

We have tried to adopt the MOD version of MCC and run into some bugs.

When using the Mod version with the Mission version if a default spawn-point has not been set, rather than respawn at the airport, you spawn in the middle of your group (oftentimes getting shot or getting in the way).

Once a point HAS been set, if you die, you cannot respawn as the game will think about it and then tell you something like "No Valid Location Found".

Never use MCC mod with the MCC mission.

If you are using the mod version you'll have MCC options in any mission so just create your own template or use the mod preset templates.

Video Probe

If you enter this mode there is no graceful way out. It'd be nice to be able to hold the INTERACT key and exit this mode. So far we have found you have to push Escape Twice.

If you enter the Video Probe while you are prone, you change to a kneeling stance when you are actually looking through it. This has gotten us killed from windows that were parallel to the door. :D

Claymore Charge

This charge seems to be placed facing the wrong way.

We have found it has a higher chance of wounding/killing your own people on the side of the door it was placed, than blowing INWARD and harming the hostiles in the room (Yes, we know to stand away from it).

The blast, when placed on a door, should have a high chance to stun those in the opposing room as well.

Flash Bangs

We watched the video where AGM Flashbangs were mentioned; it was said that MCC was to use the same ones. We found the MCC Flashbangs do NOT behave similarly.

IN FACT, the MCC Flashbangs do not flash as much as bang. They are VERY deadly. Instead of blinding and subduing our targets they killed them 80% of the time. When used on other players no flash was present, but they were wounded.

Similarly: please consider making the STONE Grenade (that no one uses) the MCC:Mission analogue for the flashbang (for those who don't have the Mod version).

NPC Interaction

We found that you could bark orders to Civilians and they would be able to be tied up and join your squad. In actual missions it would be preferable to be able to use this functionality on soldiers of the opposing faction as well. If they are stunned and you have a gun, they should be able to be told to drop their weapon and place their hands behind their heads.

The video probe requires crouching maybe i'll enable the use of it while being prone.

The claymore is just the BI claymore facing the door - if you are to close to it you will get harm but most of the blast goes the direction the claymore is facing.

I failed to see it facing the wrong direction - care to describe how could you make it face the oposite direction?

The flashbangs are Super Trauet FB and not AGM I didn't see them hurting AI or players i'll check it out but please do more checks and provide additional data.

You can submit enemies with the interaction but thy have higher moral so you'll have to stun them or wound them mostly for the to surrender. In my video you can see officer AI being stun after shooting bean bag at him and surrender.

Question: whenever I'm the squad leader and use the parachute insertion that you added a while back, my team never jumps out of the helo; but if I'm a subordinate then everyone jumps out just fine. Is this happening to everyone or just me, I've never seen it mentioned and wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Request: On the new occupy feature your rolling out, it generates way to many squads in my opinion and if at all possible can there be an option for density? I would say currently it would be 100% something like 25% increments up to the current state would be awesome. Thanks in advance if you do something like this in the future.

The something in between: As I only play single player, It would be incredible if you add an option to hide MCC zones to only be viewed in the MCC interface. I've seen this asked a number of times but have never seen an answer posted or even a suggestion of a work around.

I'll see about the MCC zone on the map.

The occupation script is WIP so it will change over time.

And regarding the parachute AI i'll check it out.

MCC is spamming my action box...

I start the mission with one instance if MCC and they just sooner or later I have dozens of keep coming. After a while my menu is full of dozens of MCC's

HALP!

latest patch. MCC. Dedicated server. This is a new issue, never before encountered.

Are you sure this is the new version we had this long ago. Can you give more info of how you had this bug.

Is the ability to attach Taru pods going to be added later on, or is it already there?

Will be released shortly.

Can't delete evac vehicle or evac driver when i press the corresponding buttons, nothing happens

Make sure you select the evac from the drop down list. I'll check it out for the meantime you can always select the group from mcc and press Delete button.

Bugs

VAB PROBLEMS

As I said here

This is repeatable.

This is not due to a conflict between the Mission and the Mod. This is repeatable, for sure, in the mission.

OPFOR MISSING FROM OBJECTIVES

((In Mission Version can not confirm in mod))

When on Blue or Green side and as Zeus, you cannot set RED in any of the hand-placed, objective, modules.

When on Red side, and acting as Zeus, you get NO options when placing these sort of modules.

Not being able to set Red, makes setting an "Opposing" faction for most of these impossible.

Edited by Incomitatum

Any chance we can get an option to disable the caching system please?

Thanks.

VAB PROBLEMS

As I said here

This is not due to a conflict between the Mission and the Mod. This is repeatable, for sure, in the mission.

OPFOR MISSING FROM OBJECTIVES

((In Mission Version can not confirm in mod))

When on Blue or Green side and as Zeus, you cannot set RED in any of the hand-placed, objective, modules.

When on Red side, and acting as Zeus, you get NO options when placing these sort of modules.

Not being able to set Red, makes setting an "Opposing" faction for most of these impossible.

Both of the bugs you describes are not MCC related.

The VAB is just spawn there if it is not consistent with JIP then you should address to the addon maker - as it didn't build to be dynamically spawned. I can do a work around using the MCC interaction (which is the reason i've introduced it as the addaction is not persistent) .

The Zeus objectives side is part of Zeus - you can't assign Attack & Defend or Control Sector objectives to AI so if there is no Opfor player you can't assign this objectives to them. However there is a workaround , remote control Opfor unit and assign objectives to the Opfor.

As Bluefor you can assign objectives to blue and green as they are friends by default.

Hi Incomitatum, never had this VAS problem on dedicated with JIP, we use it all the time, it must something in your mods/mission.

Shay cool droppods! can't wait for more MCC + DLC enahncements

I tried HC virtual entity and it connects on its own but I can't spawn MCC AI on this headless client, anyone else have this issue? New to HC so maybe it's just me.

Here's a suggestion, would it be possible to have an option to transfer saved missions to another player/server profile? Kinda like VAS can transfer saved loadouts. We share missions between admins and this would help alot for people that can't get their head around copy/pasting some code :j:

edit: I stand corrected, the ZEUS VAS preset don't show up for JIP, it works in MCC 3D editor.

Edited by razool

@ShayGman

VAB Problems.

All I know is this didn't used to be a problem. A VAB made BEFORE players had joined didn't create an issue.

OPFOR and OBJECTIVES.

I will test right now. You are probably right. If so, thank you for the tip and for putting up with my crap.

Reguardless, we are VERY thankful for all you do.

@razool

To recreate our problem, here are the steps (We have no mods, and are using the MCC Altis Mission).

* Join BLUEFOR Alpha 1-1.

* Open MCC.

* Go to Zeuse.

* Place an Object

* Add the VAB INIT Parameter.

* Verify it works for you.

* Have other players join afterwards.

* VAB is not present for them and must be added again by hand, or on a new object.

Edited by Incomitatum

@Shay / Spirit: if you're wanting feedback on any other maps, I noticed Chernarus doors don't even allow the interaction menu. I had tried on Takistan and could get the interaction menu and animations to work, but nothing happened afterward.

Not a big deal if you guys aren't focused on other maps. Just fyi. Having too much fun on Altis anyway.