shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

That script for the pods is amazing. I'm sure everyone would love that ability as a mod. Fantastic work!

@Shay - @spirit thanks for the update !!

Wow, this is amazing. Is it only possible with MCC? (so basically can it be implemented in a PVP mission, without MCC?)

@shay : just did a brief couple firefights in two different urban areas in Takistan. The interaction menu is working fine for doors, charges, etc. Problem is, the door remains closed after detonation and even after going through the animation to lock it, it does not lock. I tried about a dozen different building types.

I use the latest AiA TP, full version.

Can't wait to try out the drop ship later tonight!

just wondering if anyone can help. I played a bit of MCC a while back on my own and really enjoyed it it. I've since got a server up and running with some friends and thought I'd make use of it for getting some missions going. I've uploaded the "@mcc_sandbox_a3" folder to the server, put the key in the keys folder and added "@mcc_sandbox_a3;" to the server's commandline (basically what I've done with the 3 other mods on it). However when I try to join my server it just sits on the loading screen (the one with the map of stratis) and never goes to lobby. Have I forgotten anything or are there any special actions I need to take for MCC? I've tried it with the latest version of MCC (0.4.10.1) and an old version just to check and they both have the same problem.

Here shay, I tossed few monies at you.

You better buy a beer with it :P

Thanks a lot for your great work!

Do you use inidbi on the server - the role selections required inidbi.

Yes, I am using inidbi..

Hi all,

I have this issue when I attempt to edit an item I place in zeus mode while running the latest (released today) version of mcc. I get a blank window as seen in the following screenshot.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36353839617355366/38D6F762BAE1F9247B668429AF6D4A835EF95D3C/1024x576.resizedimage (203 kB)

Running the server on a dedicate box.

I'll check the empty window - what item was it btw?

This item in particular was a box of antibiotics - but it is with all objects including units, and vehicles. Sometimes I can restart the game (the whole exe) and get it back. But it's random. It happens to other mission makers in my group as well.

Thanks for checking in to it!

spirit6 , shay_gman

Hello!

Why when you activate "occupation zone" is not working correctly "cache distance"? Like this video

In the final version of the cache is done once, whereas in the video cache works repeatedly.

Hello:

Does anyone use "Simple Rank Patches" addon? Ver. 1.3.0

Now it can't show rank patches to infantry's shoulders. After simple test, I almost confirm the MCC (addon ver) make this problem. But I don't know it began at MCC r9 or earlier version. I didn't keep older version MCC to test it.

Can MCC team solve this problem? Thank you.

Hello:

Now it can't show rank patches to infantry's shoulders. After simple test, I almost confirm the MCC (addon ver) make this problem. But I don't know it began at MCC r9 or earlier version. I didn't keep older version MCC to test it.

Just checked this and I can confirm. I've used MCC in the early version of Simple Rank Patches to check for respawn, spawning etc... That was MCC r7 or r8 though. I don't think they introduced a feature about insignias or something. I'll start checking and testing.

EDIT: With a really quick test, even though I start the script manually countless times, nobody gets their patches. BIS_fnc_getUnitInsignia returns "", and BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia returns false, which means insignias don't work at all, not even for vanilla ones.

Hello:

Why is it up to shay and spirit to fix a problem with another mod ? Perhaps you need to ask that mod to be compatible with MCC.

Why is it up to shay and spirit to fix a problem with another mod ? Perhaps you need to ask that mod to be compatible with MCC.

Uhm... I'm the maker of that mod, and it's not a compatibility issue on my side. Not blaming it on MCC either, big fan since A2... It's just that MCC seems to brake all insignias (even for vanilla stuff) for whatever reason.

How can I make a insignia mod compatible with MCC anyway? Why whould MCC need compatibility on a field it doesn't touch...

A couple of questions. I'm not sure if I've encountered bugs or not with these...

1) Squad Dialogue

I am only able to open the squad dialogue when I am in the process of respawning. When I press my bound key to open it while in game: the menu shows up for a split second, then closes. Is this intended functionality? How can I keep it from closing itself like this?

2) Spawn/Respawn locations

When I create a spawn location - it places a pole. Is there any way I can delete it, and create a new one? I know I can simply create a new spawn location form the MCC console, but this leaves the pole on the ground.

Also: when I create a, FOB respawn: can I later delete it, or move it?

Would anyone be willing to do a tutorial on MCC's Triggers?

It's the only feature I don't know how to use and honestly I have no idea what it can even do. I've searched, especially in this thread and other MCC threads, and have found nothing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

@Shay

I don't know how much feedback you have received, but yes: PLEASE allow us access to your cool Drop Pod Script. It gives me SOOO many ideas.

Thank you, and Spirit, for all you do.

Edited by Incomitatum

For the new Video Snake Tool, and other new items, do I need to be running the MOD version of MCC to see (and use) them?

We are running AGM, so I see I can lock doors, but the other options are not present.

Just checked this and I can confirm. I've used MCC in the early version of Simple Rank Patches to check for respawn, spawning etc... That was MCC r7 or r8 though. I don't think they introduced a feature about insignias or something. I'll start checking and testing.

EDIT: With a really quick test, even though I start the script manually countless times, nobody gets their patches. BIS_fnc_getUnitInsignia returns "", and BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia returns false, which means insignias don't work at all, not even for vanilla ones.

I just retested Simple_RP in vanilla game (only with CBA, AA3 ver 1.34) and it still can work.

Thank you for your test and answer!

@Shay/Spirit: MW still isn't spawning enemies. I've kept it at the same settings (6 people, Hard, CQB, etc) for a large zone that covers three nearby urban areas, and no enemies spawn. Only the 2 HVTs and the intel.

I noticed this right after updating to r9, then it was fine again, and now it's back to no-spawns (latest r10).

Hope I'm helping with this fantastic mod, because I'm not sure I would even enjoy the AI without all the improvements MCC brings to it. Thanks for all the quality work you guys continue to put into this!

Caching has been hotfixed by me on the dev branch. Shay will push out a fix release today or anyday near. I will be gone for few days visiting Basel (so let me know if your close :P). That should fix: occupy, MW issues and basicly anyting affected by cache.

Also: MW is by default delayed spawning. So get closer to the areay of the mission and stuff will spawn. It also defaults to cache so that will hold an issue, should be fixed on next hotty from shay.

Caching has been hotfixed by me on the dev branch. Shay will push out a fix release today or anyday near. I will be gone for few days visiting Basel (so let me know if your close :P). That should fix: occupy, MW issues and basicly anyting affected by cache.

I understand you guys are still working on occupy - so is it supposed to spawn very large forces and many extra zones? EDIT: I only ask because i could see how that might work on a dedicated server, but I'm hosting everything locally on my poor little pc.

Also: MW is by default delayed spawning. So get closer to the areay of the mission and stuff will spawn. It also defaults to cache so that will hold an issue, should be fixed on next hotty from shay.

I'm kinda embarrassed I didn't know this. But just so I understand it right - even when looking at the map through MCC, with all factions viewable, I should not see any unit icons until I or my friends approach the zones? What I would typically see is this: the 2 HVT units and a few icons for IEDs if part of the mission. I wouldn't see any other units. If that means MW was functioning as intended, I'll probably remain in facepalm for the next 72 hours as atonement.

Thanks yet again fellas.

Edited by Mr_IC

Would anyone be willing to do a tutorial on MCC's Triggers?

It's the only feature I don't know how to use and honestly I have no idea what it can even do. I've searched, especially in this thread and other MCC threads, and have found nothing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Creat a trigger, name it like "t1" choose "West" and "Present" click "Create". Now draw the trigger area on the map. Now the "Stop Capturing" button will become enabled. Now create artillery (spread, type, number, delay) Once you click on the map there will be no artillery but a message saying "Artillery Captured" now press "Stop Capturing" and you have your trigger. The first West units to get into the trigger zone will activate it.

Uhm... I'm the maker of that mod, and it's not a compatibility issue on my side. Not blaming it on MCC either, big fan since A2... It's just that MCC seems to brake all insignias (even for vanilla stuff) for whatever reason.

How can I make a insignia mod compatible with MCC anyway? Why whould MCC need compatibility on a field it doesn't touch...

Hi, I'll be happy to help.

First, we need to isolate the problem - verify: does it work without MCC?

In general MCC shouldn't interfere with the mod as it doesn't do anything with insignia (I don't even know how to do it) but we should check it out. So please varifly if this is a truly MCC case.

If it is I'll download your mod and dissect it to understand what is causing it.

For the new Video Snake Tool, and other new items, do I need to be running the MOD version of MCC to see (and use) them?

We are running AGM, so I see I can lock doors, but the other options are not present.

Yes the items are only available in the mod version and you need to equip them to get the option to use them. In the mission version the equivalent items are:

Multi-tool – AGM toolkit or a ArmA default toolkit

Video prob – ArmA default mine detector.

I understand you guys are still working on occupy - so is it supposed to spawn very large forces and many extra zones? EDIT: I only ask because i could see how that might work on a dedicated server, but I'm hosting everything locally on my poor little pc.

I'm kinda embarrassed I didn't know this. But just so I understand it right - even when looking at the map through MCC, with all factions viewable, I should not see any unit icons until I or my friends approach the zones? What I would typically see is this: the 2 HVT units and a few icons for IEDs if part of the mission. I wouldn't see any other units. If that means MW was functioning as intended, I'll probably remain in facepalm for the next 72 hours as atonement.

Thanks yet again fellas.

Well that intended – the idea is that you can generate big missions or multiple missions without overstocking the server. You can increase the caching distance to max so you can see the units spawned.

Hi Shay,

I just one little question about HC possibilities. I hope this one hasn't been asked 500 times already (I've done some search in this post but no results.

The question is : Is it possible at this time to generate missions over the HC and not the server?

We already use the manual spawn function into zone with HC and work like a charm but we didn't found the possibility to generate random missions with same possibility.

If not possible we'll try to see for a loop script that is moving already spawn IA onto HC...

Thank you for your help,

rgds,

sebj