shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Is it possible to create a Zone where civilians arent able to spawn? If yes, how to do that?

Thanks in advance :)

Huh? Were do that civs of you come from? One has to have influence on the cause to be any form of blocker ;)

Huh? Were do that civs of you come from? One has to have influence on the cause to be any form of blocker ;)

They come from the mission itself, i play "WholeLottaAltis" on different maps (actually Bornholm) and for me there are too much civilians spawning. And i would love to stop them to spawn, is that possible with MCC ? :)

Edit: till now i used the "Civilian" Button of MCC to mark all civilians in the area and delete them. But instantly after i deleted them a new group of civs spawns next to me, and this is what i wanted to stop :)

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

They come from the mission itself, i play "WholeLottaAltis" on different maps (actually Bornholm) and for me there are too much civilians spawning. And i would love to stop them to spawn, is that possible with MCC ? :)

Edit: till now i used the "Civilian" Button of MCC to mark all civilians in the area and delete them. But instantly after i deleted them a new group of civs spawns next to me, and this is what i wanted to stop :)

That will be coded into the WLA mission and therefore nothing that MCC could do continuously.

Hello,

I have been noticing an issue with MCC Sandbox.

I host a map, any map (even default maps included with A3)

I have CBA_A3 and MCC_Sandbox_A3 mods on (no others)

After about 1.5-2 hours the MCC interface becomes very slow and "hangs" nothing else in the game seem to be affected. We can still continue to play just can't use MCC.

Then after about 30 minutes or so it seems to fix itself and works normally.

Anyone else playing also experiences the same issue.

I thought it might have been the VAS option. So I removed MCC and used the @VAS mod for a couple weeks and never experienced the issue that we saw with the MCC interface.

Just started up with MCC again a couple days ago and Presto, it is back. Lags/Hangs.

Has anyone else experienced this with MCC Sandbox? I am baffled as to what this might be.

Gray

Well it is time you guys will return a favor.

We are working on this mode for years now and we both agreed that we'll keep working on it till Make ArmA Not War contest will ends.

MCC really from my side took a lot of time (you can ask my ex-wife and the current :o) so at some point I've decided either i'll go into gaming industry or i'll keep my executive position (surprised?! yeah I don't work as a computer guy, i'm prrcurment manager and scripting is my hobby). Now that time has come.

So if you like the way we think and expend the game and if you want to see us maybe next year working on ArmA 4 or something, now it is your time to vote and make a difference (you are more then welcome to publish this post).

So here it is the trailer and where to vote:

For the grand prize:

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/EbPhuUe5nR#.VEv6n_msXnM

For the MP mission:

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/0NA6ckd8Ms#.VEv6wfmsXnM

2 x support from me. You guys have created an amazing ingame tool

voted of course I hope that there will more updates :cool:

Not that I want you guys to disqualify or anything, but can't you only send one entry as a person/ group?

Not that I want you guys to disqualify or anything, but can't you only send one entry as a person/ group?

By general no. You can submmit more then one entry per group/person, I had some conflicts as where to put MCC as it is also a MP mission and a total mod. So i've put them both i'm sure that BI will inform us if this is wrong.

shay_gman In a tab spawn there is an option "reinforcement". You press - the reinforcement comes or arrives. It would be interesting if the reinforcement arrived not "by the button", and "on a condition". For example. You create a zone, units and a plot. You press beforehand at creation of the zone "reinforcement on ropes". The reinforcement will arrive at one of conditions: 1) in a zone there were not less than 10 enemies or 2) the Player with team stayed zony more than 20 minutes. That is it seems as a reinforcement call emitation on a handheld transceiver through certain time.

Well it is time you guys will return a favor.

Got my vote, I'll recommend to my community to vote too.

Thanks for the good work, I hope version 2 wife is more patient :)

Why is it that when I try to load an MCC mission, everything gets duplicated and explodes at my base?...killing everyone.

I have had this happen. I created a mission and then saved everything to the mission.sqm file but also saved everything to one of MCCs profile slots as well. So when you spawn everything with MCC you create duplicates of everything that was placed on the 2d editor. That or you've merged too many missions together that have objects in the same places so you are spawning 2 or more things in the same spot. I have done this when i wanted to build a little bit of a mission at a time and then save it and work on it again later, only to find I'm duplicating everything. I usually only save static objects(buildings, bunkers, bases) to the mission.sqm and then use the profiles to spawn units and vehicles.

My guess is if you go into the 2d editor and open the mission there you'll find you've duplicated things. Or you've done the same thing with the save to profile. It's hard to explain without showing how it works.

---------- Post added at 07:24 ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 ----------

Something else I've wondered about. Are there plans to create a better AI system to support the player like with CAS and transport? Mainly transport I have always had issues with the AI when they want to land somewhere. They never seem to pick a good spot. ( I wouldn't mind them landing directly onto the smoke when you pop it.) I know you got rid of the tablet are there plans to re implement support into another device so that not only the commander can access CAS, transports and Artillery? Because lets say he goes down now there is no way currently to quickly get a hold of a transport helo AI without grabbing control of the commander slot.

Make Arma Not War contest:

I've just given my voices for both the Grand Prize and the MP Mission of course without any hesitation.

Good luck! :bounce3::yay:

By the way MCC team, the new Brushes feature - option "delete all bodies" is a great tool. However could we have a setting option allowing to setup minimum and maximum time in seconds and a limit of dead bodies so that make all the bodies disappears by respecting these below conditions (picked up from the Bohemian Interactive web site)?

- Remove all bodies that have been dead longer than corpseRemovalMinTime when corpseLimit is breached.

- Maximum time a corpse can remain on the ground if total number of corpses is equal or under corpseLimit.

It would be very welcome to have this working in the background instead of using the brush in some instance.

Thank you for your feedback and fantastic work and involvment in helping us to have more fun with Arma3.

Edited by xerxes1er

shay_gman In a tab spawn there is an option "reinforcement". You press - the reinforcement comes or arrives. It would be interesting if the reinforcement arrived not "by the button", and "on a condition". For example. You create a zone, units and a plot. You press beforehand at creation of the zone "reinforcement on ropes". The reinforcement will arrive at one of conditions: 1) in a zone there were not less than 10 enemies or 2) the Player with team stayed zony more than 20 minutes. That is it seems as a reinforcement call emitation on a handheld transceiver through certain time.

The mission generator work this way. When you select reinforcement in MW settings they will come only when the opfor forces have been decreased by certain interval. I'll see what we can do to put it in the spawn menu.

I have had this happen. I created a mission and then saved everything to the mission.sqm file but also saved everything to one of MCCs profile slots as well. So when you spawn everything with MCC you create duplicates of everything that was placed on the 2d editor. That or you've merged too many missions together that have objects in the same places so you are spawning 2 or more things in the same spot. I have done this when i wanted to build a little bit of a mission at a time and then save it and work on it again later, only to find I'm duplicating everything. I usually only save static objects(buildings, bunkers, bases) to the mission.sqm and then use the profiles to spawn units and vehicles.

My guess is if you go into the 2d editor and open the mission there you'll find you've duplicated things. Or you've done the same thing with the save to profile. It's hard to explain without showing how it works.

---------- Post added at 07:24 ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 ----------

Something else I've wondered about. Are there plans to create a better AI system to support the player like with CAS and transport? Mainly transport I have always had issues with the AI when they want to land somewhere. They never seem to pick a good spot. ( I wouldn't mind them landing directly onto the smoke when you pop it.) I know you got rid of the tablet are there plans to re implement support into another device so that not only the commander can access CAS, transports and Artillery? Because lets say he goes down now there is no way currently to quickly get a hold of a transport helo AI without grabbing control of the commander slot.

Regarding saving, save to Profile and save to MCC SQM saves all that is under MCC/Zeus control while saving all to SQM save…. Well all. So if you are selecting save MCC only and you have some script that’s add 2d editor units to Zeus they will be duplicated – so be caution.

In MCC we are not focusing on level AI such as landing. We handle the macro part. Nonetheless, you can use smoke signal landing to make precision landing. Regarding the Commander Tablet it is now for the side commander only. I'll introduce shortly a new interaction system where you can ask (If player) or command (AI) vehicles to stop, land or move to positions that you are in cargo position while being the leader of one of the cargo groups . But this is only if you already in cargo but while asking an Evac should in my opinion saved for the side commander of how he see appropriate to distribute his assets.

Make Arma Not War contest:

I've just given my voices for both the Grand Prize and the MP Mission of course without any hesitation.

Good luck! :bounce3::yay:

By the way MCC team, the new Brushes feature - option "delete all bodies" is a great tool. However could we have a setting option allowing to setup minimum and maximum time in seconds and a limit of dead bodies so that make all the bodies disappears by respecting these below conditions (picked up from the Bohemian Interactive web site)?

- Remove all bodies that have been dead longer than corpseRemovalMinTime when corpseLimit is breached.

- Maximum time a corpse can remain on the ground if total number of corpses is equal or under corpseLimit.

It would be very welcome to have this working in the background instead of using the brush in some instance.

Thank you for your feedback and fantastic work and involvment in helping us to have more fun with Arma3.

Hi, I rather not recreating what is already part of the game engine. As you brilliantly described you can set the corpse limit and removal time in the mission description and not put it inside the MCC mod.

For the mission version I'm using BIS standard corpse removal phrases rather than building a garbage collector.

Voted!!!

You rock!!! and I'm very curious about the new Ambient Combat feature.

MCC simply the best!

As i may have been living under a rock im not sure what make arma not war is,only heard the name before.

But MCC has my vote for the simple reasons,its my mainstay in arma.Even when i wasnt using it to create missions etc,id use it to do simple things like delete bodies,teleport round the map,and test by spawning stuff alot.Now iv delved deeper into MCC and GAIA,it has become a part of Arma3 for me.

Will vote for your guys work absolutely!

hey shay_gman I love your work and you got my vote! I know that only one person can use MCC at a time but if I use the MCC in single player and syn the MCC MODULE that has an owner name to a unit with the same name only that unit can log into the MCC even if I have team switch function. Now if I attempt the same thing in multiplayer (host server) no unit can log into the MCC at all. How can I setup that only a particular unit can log in during multiplayer game. Avibird. I did follow this

You can restrict MCC access by roles. To do that simply synchronize the units you want to have access to MCC with the module.

You can also restrict MCC Access by players name to do that place the Access Rights module and put this in its init: this setvariable ["names",["shay_gman","Spirit"]];

Replace the ["shay_gman","Spirit"] with the name of the players you want to have access.

You can use any of the method above or both to restrict access to MCC Sandbox.

but no luck the MCC does not even show up if I have the MODULE on the map.

I am still a little lost on the whole save thing. save sqm vs profile ???? how the hell do delete a save profile from MCC4. Avibird

The mission generator work this way. When you select reinforcement in MW settings they will come only when the opfor forces have been decreased by certain interval. I'll see what we can do to put it in the spawn menu.

In MCC we are not focusing on level AI such as landing. We handle the macro part. Nonetheless, you can use smoke signal landing to make precision landing. Regarding the Commander Tablet it is now for the side commander only. I'll introduce shortly a new interaction system where you can ask (If player) or command (AI) vehicles to stop, land or move to positions that you are in cargo position while being the leader of one of the cargo groups . But this is only if you already in cargo but while asking an Evac should in my opinion saved for the side commander of how he see appropriate to distribute his assets.

I agree with having the commander control the assests of his side. I was just thinking in the event your commander gets shot there is no real way anyone to quickly access the abilities to call in artillery or CAS. Normally this particular job is left up to the JTACs on the ground. It is their specific job to coordinate CAS and other support. This was just me thinking from a small group size who don't have the manpower to stick a human player in an artillery, helo or jet to provide support roles.

I had some ideas on the way the spawning of reinforcements happens. If possible you could just use a random number generator to just have the reinforcements show up whenever. Even maybe setting it up so that you can have a trigger start the generator and then randomly they just show up. But also giving it an instant spawn in option as well.

I try to create a separate zone with a bunch of guys and some vehicles and let the AI call them in when GAIA feels that they are necessary. That simulates real reinforcements arriving when the AI thinks they need them the most. I have seen helos bring troops in on occasion or maybe that was someone doing that manually but if its not supported having helos transport reinforcements from other zones like the trucks do would be amazing. Even better if they could fast rope the units they brought with them in. The possibilities are endless but that sorta goes along with the AI flight models being very broken. (Especially for much larger planes in the USAF addon. The default Arma AI just can not handle those things.)

Hi guys,

is there a way to move a zone created within the 2D editor,via a trigger?

OR

Is it possible via trigger,to give groups new zone prefernces and overwrite the current zone they patrol?

Hello, i have MMC 4 installed on a dedicated server do all the client must have the mod or just the Gamemaster?

I also have a bug : sometime when i spawn units i can't use/kill/move/remove them anymore, it's like all the mcc has crashed.

Hey MCC Team! We've just updated to v9 and we love some of the changes, but we're finding some of the new additions rather disruptive. Hopefully there's a way about to completely remove the features that we find disruptive because we have some other systems that we use to handle the things that MCC now wants to get into.

1. The "Interaction" key by default bound to C. So far this voice just proves to be an annoying thing that is spammed by players and not really adding much to our gameplay. Is there a way to force this button off?

2. The "Squad System" by default bound to C. We have a system that handles this system, and would prefer that players did not have access to this squad menu, is there a way to remove it?

3. Zeus Restriction. We find that even adding game master modules to ArmA missions disables Zeus when MCC is enabled. Is this MCC and can we disable it, or is it some error?