shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hey,

when I use the save to .sqm feature I am supposed to be able to paste that into the mission.sqm file and have the objects I have placed show up when the mission loads, right?

I've been trying this for the past few days and I can't get it to work. When I paste the info into the mission.sqm, there is already a whole lot of text there and I'm not sure where to place the MCC information. So I paste it at the bottom of the document and when I load the mission I get an error and my game crashes. Do I have to paste this in a certain way or a certain place?

Thanks on beforehand.

Thanks MCC team for all your work again on this R9 (mod version).

I first wanted to test the new function MCC_fnc_buildSpawnPoint for WEST. So it still works for West (on spawn and REspawn) as expected.

However, I was interested to see if then it would work for Resistance side (due to my favorite faction mode belongs to), and unfortunately the same issue previously reported in the MCC mod R8 occured.

I mean, after the briefing, click on continue button and get the expected menu to choose on the menu map betwen the HQ and the FOB spawn point (both were working at this step) but NOT after REspawn.

Indeed, after being killed, I don't have anymore the menu selection proposal to choose the respawn point like it's still the case in my WEST mission using the new function.

Besides, I paid attention of your comments and use side (resistance) instead of ('guer') in the last variable for both HQ and FOB as you can see in the content of my new init.SQF detailed below:

enableSaving [false,false];

MCC_START_GUER = getpos startR;

if (isServer) then

{

[getpos startR, 0, resistance,'HQ',false] call MCC_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

[getpos fobr_1, 0, resistance,'FOB',false] call MCC_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

};

Do we still have the bug or is it something different like a syntax mistake on my side? (for your information, I tried several combinations using for instance side ('resistance'), or (resistance) or ('guer') etc... but I couldn't make it run at the RESPAWN for resistance faction.

Sorry for this and I'm looking forward to getting your feedback.

As always, I find MCC awesome and to be honnest, since OPERATION FLASHPOINT, I was waiting for such a mod to enjoy the game in SP as in MP without thinking that it would have been possible to get so much from it! ;-)

So thank you so much. You deserve to win the big prize!!!

Hi MCC Team,

Sorry to quote my own post.

I wanted to not have it forgotten just in case.

Thanks again!

Hi MCC Team,

Sorry to quote my own post.

I wanted to not have it forgotten just in case.

Thanks again!

Just a quicky without looking really into your probel, wasnt it "indepence"?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Just a quicky, Ambient Combat inbound. Please let me know your feedback. It will be a switch you can turn on and off and will react to what you have spawned (as a mission maker) on the map. It detects the position of every player and will spawn corresponding factions and sides, based to where the player is on the map. This will result in friend and enemy occupied terrain incuding conflict fronts (dynamic so changeable by destroying enemy forces).

Take a look and let me hear! (the real "official vidoe" will be later on). Just curious on your idea's and respons.

Edited by spirit6

Hi guys, just having a go trying to create some object compositions in the MCC 3D editor; I'm trying to fill the military office building with furniture.

Problem is the 'delete' key is giving me a bit of a headache.

Logic would tell me, that the object I want to delete lies below my cursor, but it seems to delete any other object other than the one I want...

Any ideas? How does the delete action work out which object to delete.

Also is there any way to re-edit/tweak an already placed object?

Thanks

E

I've just tried with independent instead of resistance and unfortunately still get exactly the same issue.

I expect that the bug reported in R8 still exists for the resistance faction in R9 despite the new MCC function syntax.

Maybe, you'll have some time to get it.

Thanks a lot.

Regarding your last video Ambient Combat inbound, it sounds to have a big potential for the player immersion. I find the idea very good especially for some new kind of mission. But it might be better with setting preferences allowing more random spawning events based on the current player position that you explained.

Do we have here the idea of large scale battle with dynamic ground controlled?

I have to read again the video more times so that to be sure to well understand ;-)

Edited by xerxes1er

Hey Shay and Spirit,

Is it possible to add a recently new stand alone map Bornholm made by EgilSandfeld to MCC. I am trying to save a base made with MCC 3D Editor but it will not want to save correctly. I have to save to clipboard, load up Altis, paste objects in Altis then switch back over to Bornholm in the 2D Editor and try to correclty place them there and save. Also being able to generate a random mission without creating a zone would be nice too. Thanks!

Just a quicky, Ambient Combat inbound. Please let me know your feedback.

That's just brillant !! Honestly, I'm far more thrilled by this kind of features than the more Rainbow Six-like ones you displayed before.

Great work !!

That's just brillant !! Honestly, I'm far more thrilled by this kind of features than the more Rainbow Six-like ones you displayed before.

Great work !!

Yep and maybe even someday throwing in a civilian occupation(much like the occupy zone with faction feature) feature so you can populate a zone with civilians and vehicles, with the click of a button.:cool:

Edit: Unless of course the occupy zone works with civilians! I haven't tried yet but i will be asap.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Just a quicky, Ambient Combat inbound. Please let me know your feedback. It will be a switch you can turn on and off and will react to what you have spawned (as a mission maker) on the map. It detects the position of every player and will spawn corresponding factions and sides, based to where the player is on the map. This will result in friend and enemy occupied terrain incuding conflict fronts (dynamic so changeable by destroying enemy forces).

Take a look and let me hear! (the real "official vidoe" will be later on). Just curious on your idea's and respons.

Spirit an idea on ambient combat(if not all ready considered)

In using ambient combat before,there was one thing i didnt quite like about it....Factions spawning positions.

Is there a way to designate roughly what side of the map(N,S,W,E) The factions spawn on? IE if i have russia starting a mission from,say molos airfield in the north east,and bluefor have the bulk of its forces(ie a base/marker) in the west,is it possible to pick up on that and spawn factions around the player accrding to direction factions are attacking/defending from?

Spirit an idea on ambient combat(if not all ready considered)

In using ambient combat before,there was one thing i didnt quite like about it....Factions spawning positions.

Is there a way to designate roughly what side of the map(N,S,W,E) The factions spawn on? IE if i have russia starting a mission from,say molos airfield in the north east,and bluefor have the bulk of its forces(ie a base/marker) in the west,is it possible to pick up on that and spawn factions around the player accrding to direction factions are attacking/defending from?

Well I assume you used Spun's AI spawn pack, that I initially started with. Although it was awesome to start out with working functionality, I ended up rewriting everything and making use of all the BIS, MCC and GAIA functions available. What is left is only 2 scripts, setup in a total different way (although the core idea is still there).

The original for example had hard coded units on each side, while current implementation reads dynamically what factions have been used. If you would, for example, spawn African east units then the ambient combat will also use that faction. This also influences the force they have at their proposal. If a faction does not own tanks then you will never see them also in the Ambient Combat (although the Ambient Combat is not meant to totally destroy a player and for that case deliberately low on lethal units).

The ratio in which units spawn is depending on MCC GAIA controlled zones (with active units). In your example the OPFOR hold molos airfield. The BLUEFOR have some forces on the west. Exactly in the middle (assuming these opposing zones are the ones closest to each other, else the closest zone will be taken into calculation) would be conflict while on either side the owning faction will be dominating. For what i have seen ( i let an AI drive me through the bluefor area, through the conflict area (although i got killed 2 times :P) and into the enemy territory (just to be notices and the OPFOR airbase send an attack helicopter to us.......). So as you might see, what you suggest is naturally created and will indeed exist like you propose. So there will be no random units throwing around, but based on calculations.

The other is that the random patrols that the original used have been replaced by use of GAIA. Internally what happens is that each player holds an invisible zone (starting in the 1000 number so it wont conflict by using MCC unless you go really really nuts) and that zones move with him as soon as the player rolls an event. (that also is a story for itself, but i spare you the details here). Units flying will not create Ambient, that just happens when they land. So it requires touching the ground (by foot or by vehicle) for Ambient to kick in.

Then what has been added is path prediction. Every-time a player rolls a new event (new random spawn), his current position is noted and compared to the last time he got one. If he had moved atleast 30 meters then we can calculate the direction he is heading. So the spawns will be (in max range) spawn in his direction. Resulting in the fact that while travelling groups will only spawn in your direction (roughly), so there wont be any useless spawns in positions you have already moved away from. Then if you have not moved, the spawn are random but will respect positions you or other friendly's have been in the last 15 minutes. (So no sudden groups where you just cleared it).

Since the units are under GAIA control, one can gues what happens if you get spotted in enemy territory. Attack plans will be generated. Any attack helicopters in zones might be activated. Artillery might even be used. Resulting, in what i experienced, quite a feeling of indeed enemy controlled territory.

Hope this clears it up a bit more. (man oh man, what a typing).

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Yep and maybe even someday throwing in a civilian occupation(much like the occupy zone with faction feature) feature so you can populate a zone with civilians and vehicles, with the click of a button.:cool:

Edit: Unless of course the occupy zone works with civilians! I haven't tried yet but i will be asap.

Mmmm havent tried that either, but you are guessing quite ok where we are heading :)

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I've just tried with independent instead of resistance and unfortunately still get exactly the same issue.

I expect that the bug reported in R8 still exists for the resistance faction in R9 despite the new MCC function syntax.

Maybe, you'll have some time to get it.

Thanks a lot.

Regarding your last video Ambient Combat inbound, it sounds to have a big potential for the player immersion. I find the idea very good especially for some new kind of mission. But it might be better with setting preferences allowing more random spawning events based on the current player position that you explained.

Do we have here the idea of large scale battle with dynamic ground controlled?

I have to read again the video more times so that to be sure to well understand ;-)

Well, the bugreport will probably be picked up by Shay. The mission maker will indeed get a few settings. Dynamic ground control is not a goal itself, but a result of the system. So it will be possible yes.

Hey Shay and Spirit,

Is it possible to add a recently new stand alone map Bornholm made by EgilSandfeld to MCC. I am trying to save a base made with MCC 3D Editor but it will not want to save correctly. I have to save to clipboard, load up Altis, paste objects in Altis then switch back over to Bornholm in the 2D Editor and try to correclty place them there and save. Also being able to generate a random mission without creating a zone would be nice too. Thanks!

I have not seen issues with new maps compared to originals with saving. If you do exactly the same with existing maps does it also happen? Well, you would be able to generate missions without creating a zone if the mapmaker holded the same standards and settings as the original maps :) MCC is unable to "see" the map size as some settings are mission in the config. But, I gues, this is not to much of a deal. Create a zone is not that really really hard :)

Great work !!

Thanks! What are the rainbow six like things i displayed if I may ask? Or do you refer to Shay's last video (food for thought)?

Actualy. I havent tried that myself either. Anyway, you are guessing quite where we are heading :)

Edited by spirit6

Hey Shay_gman

First of all Tank you so much for doing this mod. I love it.

Is it possible to get a different map into that Arma 3 MCC system.

I have downloaded an Arma 2 Map pack and tried to get it work. armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863

I put your layout from mission sqm into a Takistan map and pack it back into a PBO. Also put te mod on the server ( 6GB takes a while ;) ) but the mission doesnt start on the server.

Got up there a mcc_sandbox at mission and on map Takistan but everything else is not here.

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks! What are the rainbow six like things i displayed if I may ask? Or do you refer to Shay's last video (food for thought)?

Yes, that's it, the breach charge and hostage/capture interaction.

Really looking forward for ambient combat and the occupation system...

Re: Ambient Combat - How persistent are the units if you leave a conflict area, are the cached depending on the caching settings? Or are the completely removed?

Really looking forward for ambient combat and the occupation system...

Re: Ambient Combat - How persistent are the units if you leave a conflict area, are the cached depending on the caching settings? Or are the completely removed?

Ambient Combat units are completely removed. That said. The cached & delayed spawned units are taken into calculation. So a zone is considered west if there are gaia controlled west units attached to it. If they are cached or delayed they still are taken into calculation. So a zone with only cached west units is still considered west and for that influences the Ambient Combat results.

Is it possible to script in MCC actions in the editor? I've tried calling in reinforcements (using the code you get when you create a trigger by recording actions) and I keep getting a message saying spawn failed because it couldn't find a good position.

Does MCC removeAllActions from the players when someone logs in?

I believe there is a conflict in synchronization when the mission description.ext has respawnOnStart=1; and/or respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuInventory","MenuPosition"};

Edited by Rellikplug

@ Spirit

Yeah haha what a typing id say is rite.

Thanks for the thourough breakdown,it seems quite intricet and exactly the way one would imagine a real life scenario of an embattled warzone.

Iv always aimed at using scripts/mods to make altis,cherno etc come alive,and know that things are happening "around" the player,and not just at him.This will suit very well,it will also eliviate the need for players to create what ambient combat will deliver,ambient combat that makes a difference,as you said,you died twice;)

Im simply amazed at every MCC new/update,huge steps are taken to reduce one less thing the mission creator must do in order to create a mission,and their done well.

Iv high hopes for this,even if its half as good as how you described,it would still achieve what it aims to do.

+1 for making faction specific spawns(ie african civs etc) rather than a generic blufor/opfor.Danm those csat aliens in my in my 80s scenario.

Eagerly anticipating it,and on the heals of RHS,im not gonna have much free time pretty soon;)

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuInventory","MenuPosition"};

I had issues with this line in my description.ext with the same faction AI, they would turn against me. No matter how many times I respawn, the same deal, I would get killed every time I was spotted by "friendlies". I just wanted a respawn menu, once I removed the line everything was fine. I am currently testing the BTC mobile respawn "update" to see if that would be a better option.

Visualising Ambient Combat borders (optional choice).

Two sides (two zones)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/545259947182248651/CF93D6F36947F39E5AD3B59AE4CA71D69B0C03EA/ (296 kB)

Three sides (4 zones)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/545259947182577749/B057E7F4A9DF1BB7A2C64D683CFC4092D156497B/

Edited by spirit6

Awesome!

Have you considered spawning system for player in jet flying round the AOs?

Flying people dont have ambient combat. It is simple to costy. Ones the poor bastard lands, it kicks in. I realize that is not optimal but there is not much one can do i am afraid with server performance in mind.

You posted fast! There is another link in there edited by 3 sides.

Flying people dont have ambient combat. It is simple to costy. Ones the poor bastard lands, it kicks in. I realize that is not optimal but there is not much one can do i am afraid with server performance in mind.

You posted fast! There is another link in there edited by 3 sides.

Haha yeah,keep checking forums here for a possible RHS release anytime now.

Totally understand theres no way to fly and have ambient combat.I remember ALIVE team implimented it before with some parameters but agian,that wasnt "ambient combat"simple patrolls etc

Stutter was also relivent,ie.you just knew when something spawned in.

shay_gman

how to free the "C" button the screams "hands up, etc."? I do not know how to clean these screams or transfer them to another button.

Can build the next version of the possibility revival through the first-aid kit (FAR Revive 1.5) and disabling fatigue?

shay_gman

how to free the "C" button the screams "hands up, etc."? I do not know how to clean these screams or transfer them to another button.

Can build the next version of the possibility revival through the first-aid kit (FAR Revive 1.5) and disabling fatigue?

Go on the MCC menu before login and on the right side you can change the key bindings.