shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Is there a way I can easily spawn a VAS ammo crate using MCC ?

Yes, open the MCC Editor (Alt+LMB) then select a crate and just add the VAS Preset to the crate. Place it on desired position and it´s done :)

Setting up a start location, selecting Resistance and 'None' as action is not behaving properly.

Indeed, a teleportation occurs once the start location has been created by MCC.

shay_gman , I'm having trouble, I have a mission in server-based persistence, only I get to put MCC Operator after disconnect, other members of MCC operator can enter even without being the admin, I'm also using the MOD ALIVE

There is no need for disappointment :)

In the template you can learn how to use the commands. If you want to build mission in the editor you can do that by:

- Using the template and not using MCC mod

- Using the mod and not the template.

The template is nothing more then stand alone GAIA. You dont need that if you have MCC mod as GAIA is an included part of MCC. If you use the template (including GAIA) and the MCC Mod then GAIA would be running 2 times, leading to weird behavior. So all you do, if you use the mod, is create a new missions. Then you can safely use all the commands as can be seen in the template.

Users of the Mod version benefit greatly as GAIA is updated. Their missions benefit automaticly from that update. While template users need to update the gaia part of their mission.

Hope that clears it up?

Yeah, I'm clear now. But now what I want to do is release my missions with GAIA but not break if someone actually runs MCC with one of my missions.

Can I just check a variable to see if MCC is loaded/running and then not initiate the gaia\gaia_init.sqf in my mission? I suppose that also goes for the part following your template for deleting groups or something.

Does this make sense? Perhaps just better to have you update your template if you know what I'm talking about here.

Hi shay_gman, can we please get an option to turn off the new interaction button via init.sqf? (Shouting at dudes to lay down their arms)

Thanks!

Time to share with you my thought about interaction.

We have a new version with even new interaction. The main idea is to get read of the action menu and do stuff with one button e.g C button (I'll suggest binding the change paste to the Ctrl key – more logical any way as you lower weapon with double clicking it).

So far I have removed the floating "Hold C to interact" for showing around – and you have to press the interaction key while pointing on object and close to it to see if you can interact with it.

So only if you are close to an item that is suspected as IED and you'll press C once you'll get the floating text.

The shouting has been disabled and they will only be there if you are pointing an AI unit.

You'll have 2 way to interact one is by pressing C and another by holding C.

For example this is what I've manage to implement so far:

Next to IED:

Pressing C while next to an IED will open a menu allowing you place a charge to create a confined explosion.

Holding C will start disarming the IED.

Next and pointing a door:

Pressing C will open/close the door.

Holding C will open a SWAT 4 kind of menu where you can either:

Place a breaching charge on the door (requires claymore)

Mirror under the door (requires tactical video probe – new item will introduce in r10)

Lock or Unlock the door (requires multitool or AGM defusel – new item will introduce in r10)

Next to a vehicle:

Holding C will open a menu allowing you choose where you want to board the vehicle or to access its inventory.

Next to AI:

Pressing C will shout the AI to surrender he might or might not comply (I'll explain more when I'll release but shooting his legs, stunning him with flash bang or other non-lethal weapons will help him comply and will introduce in r10).

Holding C will open a menu that will allow you to restrain the AI (zipcuff him) or order him to join your group.

Hi shay_gman, can we please get an option to turn off the new interaction button via init.sqf? (Shouting at dudes to lay down their arms)

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm clear now. But now what I want to do is release my missions with GAIA but not break if someone actually runs MCC with one of my missions.

Can I just check a variable to see if MCC is loaded/running and then not initiate the gaia\gaia_init.sqf in my mission? I suppose that also goes for the part following your template for deleting groups or something.

Does this make sense? Perhaps just better to have you update your template if you know what I'm talking about here.

shay_gman , I'm having trouble, I have a mission in server-based persistence, only I get to put MCC Operator after disconnect, other members of MCC operator can enter even without being the admin, I'm also using the MOD ALIVE
Setting up a start location, selecting Resistance and 'None' as action is not behaving properly.

Indeed, a teleportation occurs once the start location has been created by MCC.

I have checked yes. I did some more messing around and noticed that going out of the spawn menu or MCC itself, then back in, allows me to manually spawn 1 group or something, but they won't be assigned waypoints in the case of a patrol. I have to repeat the procedure to place more units. The spawn in zone option still doesn't work at all tho in such cases. I also noticed that loading saves seem to persistently not spawn the same units or patrols, so the zones having problems always stay that way.

After everything has loaded (but likely failed), all my issues are present. My best option seems to be making a new mission every time, and hoping it doesn't break before I placed everything I wanted.

I'm using MCC 4 R9 since yesterday, R8 had the same problems. Before that I never used MCC...

Hello,

We use a dedicated server, the stand alone mission work fine on it, but if i want to use the mod

do i have to install the mod on the dedicated server too, if i don't use the template mission anymore?

The MCC mod should run on the server and for all clients.

I noticed a weird behaviour spawning group of offroads through MCC (it may affect other groups but I have not tested it):

when I spawn a group of 3 offroads and their respective crew (one driver and one gunner ofr each), it's working fine with VTS or Zeus (ie the crew are in the offroads) where, with MCC, the crew is spawned outside and then they try to get in it, sometimes filling the passenger seat instead of the gunner position.

Has anyone noticed that also ?

Thanks we'll check it out.

Hi, question:

In the bottom of the first post in this thread there is some code hidden behind a spoiler. Saying this should be called in init.sqf

On a dedicated server, should this code be run on the server and all clients, or is running it just on the server enough?

Server and all clients. It should be in the init.sqf of the mission so you can have one mission template with one settings and another template with different settings.

Haha i was confused at this aswell because of my eagerness to exploit as much of MCC and GAIA as possible :D

I like the PDA that shows up by default.Is there a future plan to allow IND side or opfor to have access to this?

Or is that the blufor tracker i heard about that MCC uses?

I'll try to explain about the different MCC menus you can encounter:

1. MCC Menu – it is the main MCC display where you spawn stuff and manage the mission and this is actually the MCC interface for the mission maker only.

2. MCC Commander Console – This option will only be visible for the commander for each side – so in MP there can by 3 commanders one for each side. With the console the commander can order AI and players driven groups from his side (Mission maker should give AI groups to players by right clicking on them and pressing "give to player" from the MCC Menu) by assigning waypoints, order CAS or resupply if he has been given any by the mission maker (CAS or Airdrop menu from MCC menu and instead of clicking spawn click Add). Track Bluefor forces and access their vehicle or helmet camera (right click on the group icon from the MCC Commander Console), command evac vehicle if they have been given to the commander control by the mission maker. Command and mount UAVs (F2), access the AC-130 (f3) if he had been given access by the mission maker, request artillery fire support (F4) and give fire mission for AI or players.

3. MCC Squad Leader PDA – This is for any player that is the leader of a group of 2 players minimum. From here the commander can mark enemy forces (double click the map), request support or order constructions of battlefield assess aka: FOB(spawn point), fortify tower, mortar pit, Heavy MG, Heavy AT, Heavy AA – it will requires at least 3 players in the vicinitry of the construction location and a minimum amount of resources crates that should be pulled from the side HQ and delivered to the location.

In general Squad leaders should be the low level command where they mark potential enemies and request support, cas, evac or building assets and the commander for each side should observe the battlefield by using the helmet cams or UAV, and ordering AI and players to support, deliver logistics to the Squad Leaders.

I know I'm not the first to have this issue but I figured I'd post about it anyway. Every time I save and load from clipboard the screen goes black, says loading and then loads an empty map. Load from profile works but all of the changes I make through the Arsenal don't carry over. Any idea how to fix these things?

Units loadout is not saved in MCC

Hi Shay/Spirit,

Does the DOC creation (grabber) work in r9?

I place my player within a series of created items, but the "save to profile" does not work. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

Thanks I'll check it out.

Thanks for the quick answer, but I'm afraid the mod /is/ updated and running on both server and connected clients (one at the time of testing.).

shay_gman,but has some command to disable the MCC ?, other players because we want to leave only one member as MCC operator, if we open, will create a zone in the mission when the administrator is not online

Having repawnOnStart=1 in the description.ext causes MCC to not sync properly at mission start.

Hello,

does anyone know how to add custom objects (loaded as mod with scope=2) into Zeus with MCC?

CWLuex

Food for the mind:

We are entering a whole new way to play arma3 here.Shay looks great!

Might not be the place to ask,but i need to bring it up.Dont the AI in arma3 hear you crouch walking when you are about 5-6 feet away?How did those AI not hear your character?

Shay,how do i open MCC console now?

The default keys and custom one i made to open it wont open it.

Im playing SP.Does it simply not work now other than by voting in a MP game?

Same here even in MP. Was there a reason to change to this method and not have an actual console item?

I would like to have MCC running on our server to create ZEUS missions.

For this I want to run a custom misson file, not the MCC template mission.

1) is there a _text_ tutorial (not video) how to install it on a server? Never installed a mod on a server before

2) when I install it on the server, do all other players need to download the mod when only the admin accesses it?

You really need to change the default "C" for interaction to something else or have an option to disable the feature (in init.sqf).

These few days have been a real pain playing with MCC and since the MCC option is not always available you can't tell people to change the key once the mission is started

@Shay - thanks for yr video "food for the mind" looking forward to the next release. 1Q which has been partly answered already by you quote The shouting has been disabled and they will only be there if you are pointing an AI unit unquote .We find it very disturbing to hear a voice saying all kind of funny things even when pointing at an AI. We don't see the more value in having this !! The features are really great and we will certainly use it in our weekly 50+ co-ops

Question: will it be possible for you to make in a way that players can disable the voices !!

Thanks

Edited by Spoor

I was wondering with the ArmA virtual armory thing if there was a way to "unlock" so to speak the ability to apply the new unit insignia function BIS gave us? It only appears that the tab to go through arm patches is given only to the person logged in and controlling everything, while those who just gear up at a crate does not have access to it. Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

First off: congrats to the MCC team for the continued excellent development of MCC. It's been a great ride so far.

I do have a question though about R9, I know the new yelling function is by default the "C" key, but our community won't be using that feature and it currently conflicts with mosts peoples default key binding for "tactical pace". Is there a way to disable this feature entirely via the init line? Or at least to change the default key permanently via init (I know the MCC operator can do so via the login screen, but doing that every mission is a bit of a hassle)?

Thanks for the help.

Anyone please?

I noticed a weird behaviour spawning group of offroads through MCC (it may affect other groups but I have not tested it):

when I spawn a group of 3 offroads and their respective crew (one driver and one gunner ofr each), it's working fine with VTS or Zeus (ie the crew are in the offroads) where, with MCC, the crew is spawned outside and then they try to get in it, sometimes filling the passenger seat instead of the gunner position.

Has anyone noticed that also ?

In fact it's even weirder that that !!

The AIs are swapping vehicules !!!

got that on video:

OMG, AI won the facepalm award again. I shot some of them, then escaped, jumped out my car and hid behind a rock. Heard them shooting like crazy. I thought they wanted to shoot at me and I had a look if they can see through a specific rock.

But they shot at my lonely car. Completely crazy, they wasted all their ammo until the car exploded, and close AIs died:

2014-10-21_00001pwdiy.jpg

FPDR

I don't think this is GAIA, what do you think? Gaia only sends troops, but their behaviour is up to more AI level addons like Bcombat or vanilla, right?

Same here even in MP. Was there a reason to change to this method and not have an actual console item?

As explained the Commander console is given to the commander for each side. To become a commander for your side press P (or whatever key you assigned to the squad dialog) and press on the "Take commander" button.

The reason for the change is that as MCC aiming for MP environment and some playing on public servers so a powerful tool such as the Commander Console shouldn't be handled to whoever got the item but to the commander only. Now, with the new commander system a bad commander can be thrown out of his position by a successful player mutiny.

You really need to change the default "C" for interaction to something else or have an option to disable the feature (in init.sqf).

These few days have been a real pain playing with MCC and since the MCC option is not always available you can't tell people to change the key once the mission is started

The interaction system is going through a major change right now. So you'll have to be a little patience and wait a bit.

@Shay - thanks for yr video "food for the mind" looking forward to the next release. 1Q which has been partly answered already by you quote The shouting has been disabled and they will only be there if you are pointing an AI unit unquote .We find it very disturbing to hear a voice saying all kind of funny things even when pointing at an AI. We don't see the more value in having this !! The features are really great and we will certainly use it in our weekly 50+ co-ops

Question: will it be possible for you to make in a way that players can disable the voices !!

Thanks

You have a weekly 50+ co-op?! why am I not invited? And most likely yes like most of the MCC features that would to be able to turn off and on but I'm working on it so you won't want to turn it off.

In fact it's even weirder that that !!

The AIs are swapping vehicules !!!

got that on video:

Now this is teamwork ;) I'll check it out.

OMG, AI won the facepalm award again. I shot some of them, then escaped, jumped out my car and hid behind a rock. Heard them shooting like crazy. I thought they wanted to shoot at me and I had a look if they can see through a specific rock.

But they shot at my lonely car. Completely crazy, they wasted all their ammo until the car exploded, and close AIs died:

http://abload.de/thumb/2014-10-21_00001pwdiy.jpg

FPDR

I don't think this is GAIA, what do you think? Gaia only sends troops, but their behaviour is up to more AI level addons like Bcombat or vanilla, right?

Well that's have nothing with GAIA.

But I must add something from my own personal combatant experiment:

Although this is case wasn't the result of GAIA what I like about GAIA the most is that AI acts as humans and you can see them doing sometimes some mistakes and they are not some super AI

Like some other mods trying to make. They will go look for you in a place that you've already left and miss with artillery strike. This way you can outsmart them, creating complex battle plans such as creating diversion, make them move most of their forces to one spot while you can sneak from the other.

So I wouldn't facepalm AI shooting empty vehicle or even AI shooting AI as this shit happens and not so rare in real life.

@Shay - Thanks yr message - yrs quote You have a weekly 50+ co-op?! why am I not invited? unquote ... You will be and you are herewith !! understand from Spirit you guys are too busy at the mom. Have a look at www.shape-arma.com . Spirit is already a part of SHAPE. We have been testing for the last 2/3 months and are ready to go now, the campaign starts next week wednesday 29th with a recon mission.

Edited by Spoor

When i place a ammo box in zeus and open it again, mcc will override the vanilla box panel. After adding some items to this box via zeus it wont show up for the other players, any idea?