shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

@spirit haha yes those AI tend to screw things up a bit. I was playing an escape and evade type scenario and thought how good would it be if a helo full of spec ops were trying to intercept my fireteam (ehem Dragon Rising). It would certainly be interesting to add DoTransport maybe if the helo even just did the insertion (fastrope) and the units used an alternative method for extraction (Hemtt etc).

Thanks for replying and continue with your great work. :cool:

Hi Shay/Spirit,

Does the DOC creation (grabber) work in r9?

I place my player within a series of created items, but the "save to profile" does not work. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

I know I'm not the first to have this issue but I figured I'd post about it anyway. Every time I save and load from clipboard the screen goes black, says loading and then loads an empty map. Load from profile works but all of the changes I make through the Arsenal don't carry over. Any idea how to fix these things?

is anyone elses guy randomly yelling like a cop after this update when pressing "c"

Yes its the mod... before login you can change it.

I can't find the MCC Console anywhere.... please help!!!

Read my post on page 267 of this thread mate.

As said on the template thread. You use the template OR MCC Mod. Never Both. I have no clue what will go wrong but I guarantee it will. It looks like you use the template. Empty missions do not call for gaia init.sqf.

When you say template do you mean GAIA script version? This is a real dissappointment if so because I have a lot of plans in creating missions using GAIA script but I always play missions with MCC!!! What if no GAIA functions are used within MCC? Still issues?

When you say template do you mean GAIA script version? This is a real dissappointment if so because I have a lot of plans in creating missions using GAIA script but I always play missions with MCC!!! What if no GAIA functions are used within MCC? Still issues?

There is no need for disappointment :)

In the template you can learn how to use the commands. If you want to build mission in the editor you can do that by:

- Using the template and not using MCC mod

- Using the mod and not the template.

The template is nothing more then stand alone GAIA. You dont need that if you have MCC mod as GAIA is an included part of MCC. If you use the template (including GAIA) and the MCC Mod then GAIA would be running 2 times, leading to weird behavior. So all you do, if you use the mod, is create a new missions. Then you can safely use all the commands as can be seen in the template.

Users of the Mod version benefit greatly as GAIA is updated. Their missions benefit automaticly from that update. While template users need to update the gaia part of their mission.

Hope that clears it up?

In the template you can learn how to use the commands. If you want to build mission in the editor you can do that by:

The template is nothing more then stand alone GAIA. You dont need that if you have MCC mod as GAIA is an included part of MCC. If you use the template (including GAIA) and the MCC Mod then GAIA would be running 2 times, leading to weird behavior. So all you do, if you use the mod, is create a new missions. Then you can safely use all the commands as can be seen in the template.

Users of the Mod version benefit greatly as GAIA is updated. Their missions benefit automaticly from that update. While template users need to update the gaia part of their mission.

Hope that clears it up?

Haha i was confused at this aswell because of my eagerness to exploit as much of MCC and GAIA as possible :D

I like the PDA that shows up by default.Is there a future plan to allow IND side or opfor to have access to this?

Or is that the blufor tracker i heard about that MCC uses?

Rob,

The MCC console object was taken away in recent update.Its now available to the commander by default.Your supposed to be voted to that role to enable the mcc console option to appear on your scroll hud.

If this is SP,just press mcc,go to squad dialouge,and make yourself the player,leader.

MCC console option will appear in the hud then.

I have the console in my menu but when i select it nothin appears.

Hope that clears it up?

hi I'm like DELTA spirit I found the use of the brilliant script especially for areas that are no longer under mcc number a times ... if all planned under the scenario we created an area under mcc it moves the scenario . I do not know if I'm very clear

i used the script to create area starting zone at the number 50 for ex 51 ; 52 ; 53 ....inside the game i could create other area (1.2.3...) without touching the zones created under the editor with gaia scprit

Thank Spirit and Shay :bounce3:

Hi, question:

In the bottom of the first post in this thread there is some code hidden behind a spoiler. Saying this should be called in init.sqf

On a dedicated server, should this code be run on the server and all clients, or is running it just on the server enough?

Hi guys,

First off: congrats to the MCC team for the continued excellent development of MCC. It's been a great ride so far.

I do have a question though about R9, I know the new yelling function is by default the "C" key, but our community won't be using that feature and it currently conflicts with mosts peoples default key binding for "tactical pace". Is there a way to disable this feature entirely via the init line? Or at least to change the default key permanently via init (I know the MCC operator can do so via the login screen, but doing that every mission is a bit of a hassle)?

Thanks for the help.

I noticed a weird behaviour spawning group of offroads through MCC (it may affect other groups but I have not tested it):

when I spawn a group of 3 offroads and their respective crew (one driver and one gunner ofr each), it's working fine with VTS or Zeus (ie the crew are in the offroads) where, with MCC, the crew is spawned outside and then they try to get in it, sometimes filling the passenger seat instead of the gunner position.

Has anyone noticed that also ?

Hello,

We use a dedicated server, the stand alone mission work fine on it, but if i want to use the mod

do i have to install the mod on the dedicated server too, if i don't use the template mission anymore?

Edited by darshyne

Currently implementing (and changing) AI Spawn Script Pack (see http://lostvar.com/AISSP/documentation.html) with permission in MCC. (Ambient Combat). It will be changed so it dynamicly reacts to factions used in MCC isntead of static factions. Ratio of spawns are depending on forces on the map.

Anyway, start beign carefull when you enter the water now! Awesome work by Sprun!

Guys, i get back to the questions later. To much fun implementing this now :)

9C726D5492FC3B76AA3BDD396E63D2F4AD4DEA9B

I'm having problems saving and loading missions from profile... Usually not all the groups want to spawn, some zones stay empty, another zone may spawn all garrison units but not the BIS_patrol units etc... Infact, I notice that MCC then refuses to even spawn manual units in the zones, this can happen without having saved or loaded, so I can be busy making a mission and suddenly the spawning breaks and I cannot occupy zones any further.

Anyone else noticed this?

I'm having problems saving and loading missions from profile... Usually not all the groups want to spawn, some zones stay empty, another zone may spawn all garrison units but not the BIS_patrol units etc... Infact, I notice that MCC then refuses to even spawn manual units in the zones, this can happen without having saved or loaded, so I can be busy making a mission and suddenly the spawning breaks and I cannot occupy zones any further.

Anyone else noticed this?

Have you double checked that the units "not spawning" are not cached? If they're set as cached then the units will only start spawning if a player is within 2.5 clicks (by default).

I have checked yes. I did some more messing around and noticed that going out of the spawn menu or MCC itself, then back in, allows me to manually spawn 1 group or something, but they won't be assigned waypoints in the case of a patrol. I have to repeat the procedure to place more units. The spawn in zone option still doesn't work at all tho in such cases. I also noticed that loading saves seem to persistently not spawn the same units or patrols, so the zones having problems always stay that way.

After everything has loaded (but likely failed), all my issues are present. My best option seems to be making a new mission every time, and hoping it doesn't break before I placed everything I wanted.

I'm using MCC 4 R9 since yesterday, R8 had the same problems. Before that I never used MCC...

Is there a way I can easily spawn a VAS ammo crate using MCC ?

Currently implementing (and changing) AI Spawn Script Pack (see http://lostvar.com/AISSP/documentation.html) with permission in MCC. (Ambient Combat). It will be changed so it dynamicly reacts to factions used in MCC isntead of static factions. Ratio of spawns are depending on forces on the map.

Anyway, start beign carefull when you enter the water now! Awesome work by Sprun!

Guys, i get back to the questions later. To much fun implementing this now :)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/545259314676405611/9C726D5492FC3B76AA3BDD396E63D2F4AD4DEA9B/

Great to hear spirit.

I use spunfins script,usually militarize.Individual soldiers patrolling a set area,but still part of one group.

A quick notice if your going further(which i hope you do;) ) with aspects from spuns script.When i use spuns paradroped ai script,WITH MCC.Ai fail to eject from helo.

Very excited to hear this,spufins script wasnt as popular as it should have been!