shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

@shay_gman:

What Mattastic was trying to say is that people running MCC Sandbox destroys for other people. We have a private server where we allow people to run certain mods and some people run MCC Sandbox. We've blocked it with the anti-hack we have, but you notice immediately when someone has the mod running because of the animals that spawn with it.

My opinion is that this mod is just Loki Lost keys for Arma 3. I won't use it, and I can only wish you well with your development.

The reason I'm posting is because Mattastic got banned from the thread.

Bohemia Reddit Forums, Zoe Quinn edition.

this malicious utility has done more for destroying the base of knowledge in scripting and mission making within the entire arma community than any other add on. If this mods popularity continues, you can count on arma iv removing it's editor all together. Even if there is one in it, no one will know how to use it. Mcc sandbox kills server performance and morphs it's users into "wanna be" scripters and mission makers that really can't do anything without the tool. There is one simple fact everyone needs to observe: If you use mcc sandbox, you are noob.

@Mattastic #tosser #justsaying :)

thanks for this great tool simply love it

i have one problem

AC-130 still in black i cant see nothing

@shay_gman:

What Mattastic was trying to say is that people running MCC Sandbox destroys for other people. We have a private server where we allow people to run certain mods and some people run MCC Sandbox. We've blocked it with the anti-hack we have, but you notice immediately when someone has the mod running because of the animals that spawn with it.

My opinion is that this mod is just Loki Lost keys for Arma 3. I won't use it, and I can only wish you well with your development.

The reason I'm posting is because Mattastic got banned from the thread.

Bohemia Reddit Forums, Zoe Quinn edition.

Well judging from your post you haven't used MCC. As it doesn't spawn animals and you must be confusing it with another mod.. TPW maybe?! In mcc you can't do nothing unless the server is runing it also. It won't even let you log in so you can't use it as a cheat tool and you can't abuse or spawn things client side.

I think it is better to learn what you are flaming on before posting. And understanding as well as BI succsfully did with Zeus that accessebility is what lacking in ArmA and mcc helps those who dosent have coding experiance create, publish and enjoy complex missions in with little knowladge and time

Well judging from your post you haven't used MCC. As it doesn't spawn animals and you must be confusing it with another mod.. TPW maybe?! In mcc you can't do nothing unless the server is runing it also. It won't even let you log in so you can't use it as a cheat tool and you can't abuse or spawn things client side.

I think it is better to learn what you are flaming on before posting. And understanding as well as BI succsfully did with Zeus that accessebility is what lacking in ArmA and mcc helps those who dosent have coding experiance create, publish and enjoy complex missions in with little knowladge and time

No, I haven't used it and never will. I'm the guy dissecting the pbo to find shit to block so we don't have to deal with people running MCC.

Judging from your post, you don't know what problems this mod had in the past where it would spawn in animals for people running it regardless of server settings.

I just think it hilarious that BIS stole the whole concept of your mod and made Zeus based on it without even crediting you.

No, I haven't used it and never will. I'm the guy dissecting the pbo to find shit to block so we don't have to deal with people running MCC.

Judging from your post, you don't know what problems this mod had in the past where it would spawn in animals for people running it regardless of server settings.

I just think it hilarious that BIS stole the whole concept of your mod and made Zeus based on it without even crediting you.

BIS never stole anything from me, maybe it is the other way around i'm from them. BIS introducing Zeus was a great step forward for the like of us who actually likes playing ArmA. And again this animals thingy isn't coming from MCC but hey who am I to argue with you.

Wow! I Think MCC Is Great! It Gives You The Ability To Create Quick, Random Missions With Ease. I Have Only Used It A Few Times So Far, But I Really Think It Is Great, And Appreciate All The Hard Work!

Dan

Not sure if there is a bug with the interaction system. I didn't know how to change the default key until I came back to checkout the video. Never noticed it on the login screen. But without changing it the default seemed to be defined with just pressing the C key and random phrases were being shouted for no apparent reason without me being anywhere near a civilian or anyone else.

BIS never stole anything from me, maybe it is the other way around i'm from them. BIS introducing Zeus was a great step forward for the like of us who actually likes playing ArmA. And again this animals thingy isn't coming from MCC but hey who am I to argue with you.

Nevermind it, Shay_gman.... People fear what they can´t understand! I would have left ArmA2 3 years ago (and never had bought A3) if it wan´t for MCC, but hey, who am I to argue, I play BIS games since 2001...

And Indeed, TPW spawns animals and vehicles all over around players, cus it is designed for SP, but people forget to disable it on MP... and MCC pays the blame lol

;2795528']Nevermind it' date=' Shay_gman.... People fear what they can´t understand! I would have left ArmA2 3 years ago (and never had bought A3) if it wan´t for MCC, but hey, who am I to argue, I play BIS games since 2001...

And Indeed, TPW spawns animals and vehicles all over around players, cus it is designed for SP, but people forget to disable it on MP... and MCC pays the blame lol[/quote']

Lol I was just gonna say the same thing about TPW. I have literally used every version of MCC since its inception many, many years ago in the 6th Sense community (before it was MCC) and not once have I had issues of people using it as a cheat in A2 or A3. The Mossarelli guy is just a troll, oh well.

Back on topic though, spirit, so glad to hear you're working on more mission events. It's exactly what I was hoping for :)

Please guys, focus on giving us feedback instead of feeding a troll. In fact it was, if you read it right, the biggest compliment we ever got ;)

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Yes it is WIP and it will change to more settings later on. But my main focus this week is getting an event generator in MCC , making sure more interesting things happen during mission time. Think like sudden flashlighted patrols, AI with a broken car down the road, dogs. This all with respect to the factions used by the mission maker.

@So gimme a list of your interesting events that could just happen if you walk down the road. This events are totally random and are player oriented. This means that the most bored players are more likely to enncouter events ;)

A MW suggestion...

How about missions you can generate(multiple objectives) that are all intertwinned somehow?

Basically a small example here:

Two OBJs, one main OBJ,quite simple,attack and secure mil base,secondary (optional) thats the word im looking for,optional obj.A helo landing/refuel pad,positioned a distance away lightly gaurded possibly.Make it so that if one team/group of players would take the option to tackle that optional obj,that the main obj,would be clear skies for the other group of players.No AH in area anymore.

Or a reinforcement known patroll route(by road) gets discovered via an optional obj,(intel) giving players coordinates of reinforcments should they be a factor.An option mission gets assigned,to ambush the later inbound convoy.

Not sure how to explain it better.Sorry.

But intertwine making every thing the players do,affect the other players or their own mission,a little later.Does the commander wanna spare assets to take out an easyish enemy now?that may be a bigger problem later,or focus all assets on the main OBJ?

Hi,

Quick question about MCC and its control over local units spawned in by Zeus...

When running a mission on a dedicated server and spawn units as Zeus, I understand that these are still local to the client who spawned them (as opposed to the server). As such, it seems that Gaia cannot provide orders to these units.

As a workaround, I have to join the newly-added groups to a server-based unit to change locality.

Can MCC help to transfer the locality of these units to the server, or can Gaia wrest control over these units in some way that I am overlooking?

Thanks!

I will do some testing tonight. I would not expect issues to be honost as GAIA seems to work fine for AI on a headless client. But, it would not have been the first mistery :)

I hope you can disable this shouting thing? Because it heard all over the map...

And when we are playing, the MCC console is restricted to the GM only, so the others can not disable (or change) the "shout" button (interaction key?).

Hi Shay-Gman,

Love MCC and have been a fan for a while but I have a problem with the new R9 version, I cannot find the MCC console anywhere at all, it usually is in the items in the 3 d editor when accessing the ammo menu.I am also running the AGM mod could it be conflicting with it although the previous version of MCC worked fine.

Any thoughts thanks,

Rob.

Hi fellas,

MCC/GAIA and Zeus are a match made in noob Arma heaven.

Anyway I'd like to ask a question regarding GAIA. I watched one of Spirits video's where a transport helo was assigned to GAIA and it would patrol GAIA zones. Is it possible at present to fill these helo's with an OPFOR group fireteam/s. Then make the transport helo patrol the zone/s until BLUFOR presence is detected, find a suitable landing/ fastroping spot to unload; and track the BLUFOR units last known position etc. Then possibly even repeat the helo process with a second fireteam. I was thinking something similar to the GAIA hemtt initialization where the two units/groups would combine and head to the objective, clear the area and return to base. Or possibly even using the MCC editor for initialization place Helo and fill with units/cargo but a group/s assigned to GAIA.

ps I've tried attaching groups to a GAIA helo and it fails to take off even when other units are actively engaged in combat.

Hope some of this makes sense :p

This is an excellent tool! But unfortunately I can't get it to copy/past properly :L

MCC_savedObjectives = [];

MCC_savedGroups = [];

MCC_savedVehicles = [["EMPTY","Land_i_Barracks_V2_F",[14975.3,16534.6,0],0,""]];

MCC_savedWeather = [0.7,0.7,0,0.218131,0,0];

MCC_savedTime = [2014,7,15,5,8,""];

MCC_savedZones = [[],[],[],[],[]];

[MCC_savedZones] spawn MCC_fn_loadZones;

[[MCC_savedObjectives, MCC_savedGroups, MCC_savedVehicles, MCC_savedWeather, MCC_savedTime], "MCC_fnc_loadFromMCC", false, false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

That paste's out when I choose the option to 'Save All (SQM)' & Save '(MMC (SQM)'. I originally edited the file, then saved the profile. Now I loaded it back up to save it and put it on my server, originally I left it because I had no clue how to make it into a usable SQM. Could it be because I have re-loaded it back in, and not added it in from scratch?

I'm also editing a map I've created and customized in the 2D Editor, is that ok? Or does it have to be a blank map?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Edit: Nvm, I figured it out. You can only copy/paste if you make a new map and load/create it there. My objects that I added seem to be a little bit off centre to how there were situated after I placed them into my actual map, has anyone experienced anything similar?

Edited by killer12

Hi Shay-Gman,

Love MCC and have been a fan for a while but I have a problem with the new R9 version, I cannot find the MCC console anywhere at all, it usually is in the items in the 3 d editor when accessing the ammo menu.I am also running the AGM mod could it be conflicting with it although the previous version of MCC worked fine.

Any thoughts thanks,

Rob.

Rob,

The MCC console object was taken away in recent update.Its now available to the commander by default.Your supposed to be voted to that role to enable the mcc console option to appear on your scroll hud.

If this is SP,just press mcc,go to squad dialouge,and make yourself the player,leader.

MCC console option will appear in the hud then.

Hi fellas,

MCC/GAIA and Zeus are a match made in noob Arma heaven.

Anyway I'd like to ask a question regarding GAIA. I watched one of Spirits video's where a transport helo was assigned to GAIA and it would patrol GAIA zones. Is it possible at present to fill these helo's with an OPFOR group fireteam/s. Then make the transport helo patrol the zone/s until BLUFOR presence is detected, find a suitable landing/ fastroping spot to unload; and track the BLUFOR units last known position etc. Then possibly even repeat the helo process with a second fireteam. I was thinking something similar to the GAIA hemtt initialization where the two units/groups would combine and head to the objective, clear the area and return to base. Or possibly even using the MCC editor for initialization place Helo and fill with units/cargo but a group/s assigned to GAIA.

ps I've tried attaching groups to a GAIA helo and it fails to take off even when other units are actively engaged in combat.

Hope some of this makes sense :p

On first release I disabled the functionality for Air Transportation (just like vehicle transportation) and QRF (Quick Reaction Force). This functionality comes closest to what you describe. The results of the AI pilots were so incredible destructive to their own force that I decided not to put this in. The AI pilots during hot insertions/extractions was simple said to unreliable and they became more of a threat to the zone then a service :)

What about I put this option in and disable it by default. In the GAIA settings you can then put this functionality on by choice.

Currently GAIA analyses the helicopter and decides that it is either an attack helicopter or a transport helicopter. The only order that a Transport Helicopter can do is DoPatrol and DoWait. That can easily be increased with DoTransport :)

@spirit

When im using MCC,and i use editor units,and fill their inits with gaia parameters from your template.Such as assign them a zone,no follow etc.

Then load my mission which also has an mcc mission generated(pre generated via save to sqm.

I get a error saying cannot find Gaia init sqf.

Im confused as gaia is already in mcc,do i need the gaia script folder from your template,or will it conflict?

EDIT: @Shay gman

i just figured out i can save to sqm,warzone will be saved also.Thats great.I would like to report a few ruins that get generated seem to be floating off the ground.Quite high infact.Usually the large mound rubble type.Not too common but its there.

@spirit

When im using MCC,and i use editor units,and fill their inits with gaia parameters from your template.Such as assign them a zone,no follow etc.

Then load my mission which also has an mcc mission generated(pre generated via save to sqm.

I get a error saying cannot find Gaia init sqf.

Im confused as gaia is already in mcc,do i need the gaia script folder from your template,or will it conflict?

EDIT: @Shay gman

i just figured out i can save to sqm,warzone will be saved also.Thats great.I would like to report a few ruins that get generated seem to be floating off the ground.Quite high infact.Usually the large mound rubble type.Not too common but its there.

As said on the template thread. You use the template OR MCC Mod. Never Both. I have no clue what will go wrong but I guarantee it will. It looks like you use the template. Empty missions do not call for gaia init.sqf.

As said on the template thread. You use the template OR MCC Mod. Never Both. I have no clue what will go wrong but I guarantee it will. It looks like you use the template. Empty missions do not call for gaia init.sqf.

Apoligies,may have left folder in.

So i still CAN just open up a new mission,add some elements from MCC.Then also hand place editor units,and write in their inits or a trigger gaia orders?

Sorry,understand now.Just had multiple test missions stupidly named very similar and mixed alot of stuff up;)

Yeah i understand it.cheers.

Also to shay,again with warzones,is there any chance you might disable building damage for airport hangers,as the default damage model simply "flattens" the hanger and it dissapears.The scene will look infinetly better with a hanger,just so you know your still at an airfield ;)

Edited by redarmy

Apoligies,may have left folder in.

So i still CAN just open up a new mission,add some elements from MCC.Then also hand place editor units,and write in their inits or a trigger gaia orders?

I am not sure how you want to achieve this, but to answer in a generic way. GAIA does not care how and when the information is stored. It just responds. You can also update it, delete it.

<group> setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "MOVE"], false]; -> Agressive.

<group> setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "NOFOLLOW"], false]; -> Defensive

<group> setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "FORTIFY"], false]; -> Fortify

It speaks for itself that the zone number (marker with number as name) should be known on server. But GAIA itself just simple responds

I am not sure how you want to achieve this, but to answer in a generic way. GAIA does not care how and when the information is stored. It just responds. You can also update it, delete it.

<group> setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "MOVE"], false]; -> Agressive.

<group> setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "NOFOLLOW"], false]; -> Defensive

<group> setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["<ZONE NUMBER>", "FORTIFY"], false]; -> Fortify

It speaks for itself that the zone number (marker with number as name) should be known on server. But GAIA itself just simple responds

its for SP.

But alls clear now,cheers man.

CUT .................

What about I put this option in and disable it by default. In the GAIA settings you can then put this functionality on by choice.

Currently GAIA analyses the helicopter and decides that it is either an attack helicopter or a transport helicopter. The only order that a Transport Helicopter can do is DoPatrol and DoWait. That can easily be increased with DoTransport :)

Spoor says YESSSSSSS :)

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

@Shay - by disarming an IED will it be possible to leave the message "Press Shift + C to disarm" out ?? - thanks