shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Yep same here.

This is the one that works for me: _this addaction ["Virtual Arsenal",{["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

Including that one space at the beginning.

Is there another location to post regarding the newest version of MCC? I noticed in the one that came out in the last few days that the Console no longer shows in BIS's custom loadout options. In the GPS section where it used to be it is just gone?

Figured it out sorry for the obviously incorrect post on my part =) I love the new commander menu.

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

This is the one that works for me: _this addaction ["Virtual Arsenal",{["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

Yes, that is needed when used this way.

Congratulations on the steady development of MCC, definitely a lot of potential on the tool itself -- however ever since the latest update I've been having this terrible problem:

Upon placing down the Player Restriction Module and running it on a dedicated server, the "-=MCC=-" addAction will repeatedly multiply itself until the client crashes; This wasn't happening with the previous versions and having MCC unrestricted is simply impossible.

dd00196894.jpg

Case in point.

Thanks for any help.

First of all: here is the link to the template i've shown in the previous video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxaxibkun17tv9v/template1.Altis.rar?dl=0

Have you been able to understand why the fix is not working for all unit addons ?

Thx !

TBH I haven't really dig into it yet, for now just build custom groups for this factions it will be even better then the default groups, i'll get to it once i'll have more time.

How could i disable the video feed in the squad assign menu?

Nope you can disable the squad assign dialog but not the feed. Do you think we need an option to disable the feed?

thanks I could access the PDA, the problem is that does not work in AI squad leader playables in SP only if the team leader is the player ... i miss it as before in A2 could access the MCC both the player and the AI playable with as just log in and log out, I hope in some upgrade again if so ... thanks

The MCC Console is still there but it isn't an item anymore but automatically given to the side's leader - you can become a leader by opening the squad dialog and taking the leader slot or start a mutiny against the actual leader.

same no options to respawn just at base. any chance you can upload a sample template? cheers

Just did here it is again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxaxibkun17tv9v/template1.Altis.rar?dl=0

The Virtual Arsenal preset was not working for me. (The arsenal button, and the zeus arsenal tool was ok)

No matter what I tried, the Arsenal menu option didn't show on the objects.

After a little forum search, I tried a few options, and finally I found this: this addaction ["Virtual Arsenal",{["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

With this in the init line that damned menu option finally showed up :)

Thanks i've fixed it.

Minor: The mission generator now disappears when I change faction. It re-appears then if I press the mcc key.

Thanks i've fixed it.

Is there another location to post regarding the newest version of MCC? I noticed in the one that came out in the last few days that the Console no longer shows in BIS's custom loadout options. In the GPS section where it used to be it is just gone?

Read my above answer regarding the console or watch the video that been released with the new version, the console now is given to the side's commander.

Congratulations on the steady development of MCC, definitely a lot of potential on the tool itself -- however ever since the latest update I've been having this terrible problem:

Upon placing down the Player Restriction Module and running it on a dedicated server, the "-=MCC=-" addAction will repeatedly multiply itself until the client crashes; This wasn't happening with the previous versions and having MCC unrestricted is simply impossible.

http://puu.sh/c4MJd/dd00196894.jpg

Case in point.

Thanks for any help.

Thank you for the report i'll fix it ASAP and release a hot fix tomorrow evening most likely.

Thank you for the report i'll fix it ASAP and release a hot fix tomorrow evening most likely.

Thank you very much for the assistance; I'll be sure to report back as soon as the update rolls out.

nice mod! thanks for your work, ArmA3 would not be so much fun without MCC

how can I enable the disarm IED option in multiplayer? for some reason I only see the action when I use MCC mod in SP

is it possible to prevent collision (CAN_COLLIDE off) when placing objects in 3D editor? sometimes I try to place a simple static weapon inside a bunker and I end up destroying the whole FOB without spawning a thing XD save is my friend

Shay since new patch,the recent issue with the UI not working seems to be fixed now.All is working great.

Would it be possible in future release to add someway for AI that HALO,to re equip their backpacks once they hit the ground?Is it even possible?

Also,regarding GAIA.and zones.Could someone tell me how do i create a zone in the editor,and what to put into the group/s init/s,whom i want to patrol that zone,and also how to assign a behaviour.Apoligies if there is tutorial for this somewhere.I havnt seen it.

Thanks for informing us about the newest version and sorry for the delay before posting :cool:

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Originally Posted by 1212PDMCDMPPM

Have you been able to understand why the fix is not working for all unit addons ?

Thx !

TBH I haven't really dig into it yet, for now just build custom groups for this factions it will be even better then the default groups, i'll get to it once i'll have more time.

Thx for your answer. Are those custom groups used by the mission generator ?

That was my issue in the previous MCC version: even if I'm creating custom groups, the mission generator refused to use them, telling me there's no group to generate the mission.

Feel free to contact me via PM if you need my help to test possible fix on this issue.

Thx again for this great addon !!

Hi Guys

Can you please help. Am having the same issue with Groups... they show up in the Editor they show up in VTS but wont show up in MCC or ZEUS.

Can anyone help me fix this!

Thank you!

P.S:

They are a custom group i created for a group of people to play.

S

Also,regarding GAIA.and zones.Could someone tell me how do i create a zone in the editor,and what to put into the group/s init/s,whom i want to patrol that zone,and also how to assign a behaviour.Apoligies if there is tutorial for this somewhere.I havnt seen it.

Red, for using GAIA in the editor I made an example template. Please read :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183056-Mission-Template-Stand-Alone-GAIA-Make-missions-FAST-by-using-MCC-GAIA-engine

First of all: here is the link to the template i've shown in the previous video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxaxibkun17tv9v/template1.Altis.rar?dl=0

Oh yes, your template1.Altis mission files did the job on my PC and it was a real relief.

And finally found the syntax problem in my own init.sqf file not easy to spot when tired.

On the first row end I type a round bracket to close instead of a square bracket. And at the end of second row, the semicolon was missing.

What a shame to disturb you for that :-P

Thank you again Shay for your help.

Edited by xerxes1er

We are trying now the new version. On our server we get stuck at Building MIssion.

We use @FFIS and farooq revive script directly in our map.

We tried a map without farooq script but we still got the issue.

We tried without loading @FFIS but we still got the issue.

We tried locally on our computer and all runs ok.

Any hint ?

thanks in advance

update: RPT LOG SAYS:

2014/10/09, 23:54:41 "my_pv: MCC REGULAR - ["","",true,true,"","",1,"NOTHING","1","MOVE",[12381.9,15669.6,0],[191.251,197.618],197.618,"WEST",B Alpha 1-1:1 (SiepeAssassina) REMOTE,2,false,false,"SiepeAssassina","DEFAULT",0,[0,0,0],0,0,0,[12505.5,15677.3],false,false]"

2014/10/09, 23:55:15 "MCC: Mission Wizard Error: Create a zone first"

but we already created a zone.

Edited by France

Hi Great MCC team

I wanted to play a mod faction and use the respawn selection point I've just learnt :-)

It is part of Guerrilla so I modify my template init.SQF file accordingly.

Then, when I play first the mission I always can select either the HQ spawn location or the FOB one after the briefing Continue, as expected.

I was then very optimistic until I killed myself for respawning. But unfortunately started from that respawn I always respawn on base directly without any choice location like I had when I spawn for the first time.

Any bug with the function MCC_START_GUER behaviour in comparison with the MCC_START_WEST one?

Here's my new init.SQF file content below dedicated to my Guerrila faction:

enableSaving [false,false];

MCC_START_GUER = getpos startG;

if (isServer) then

{

[getpos startG, 0, 'guer','HQ',false] call CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

[getpos fobg_1, 0, 'guer','FOB',false] call CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

};

We have encountered a couple issues that plagued us since the previous version. If this has been covered I apologize.

1. Units placed via Zeus while running MCC will automatically be set to 100% skill.

2. Once a mission has been generated and played we are unable to place a new zone or use a previous one to generate further objectives.

Thanks spirit,didnt read in full last time and missed a line or two.Didnt know exactly what that was about when it said template,thought it reffered to something else ;)

Looks well made,will delve into it later on!

Cheers mate! ;)

---------- Post added at 05:27 ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 ----------

On a seperate note....

Regarding the MCC interface,group selector.Is there any plans to expand upon the orders the player can give to the AI?

Orders currently are speed,formation,wp choice and behaviour.

It would be fantastic one day to be able to have a 5th option,for R.O.E for example,a hold fire command,watch direction command etc etc.

I know MCC is geared towards MP mostly,but its SP use is just as good,and for people playing soley with AI,having the ability to fine tune the AI without using other scripts(which may not fuction properly anyway with MCC) would be heaven.MCC already incorperates 80% or so of all i personally need when making a SP mission(revive scripts etc in 20%)would be great to see it be a "one mod shop" so to speak.

I turned the time acceleration in the mission settings on; I was not able to reset it to realtime. Had to restart ArmA.

I am also having the same issue with mcc on the server our group uses to run ops. The mission generator just hangs, and doesn't spawn in anything even though a zone has been created to use.

Also, the IED's that are placed cannot be disarmed. The option never comes up in the scroll wheel action menu while crawling towards it and attempting to disarm. So there is no way of knowing that it is an IED and it cannot be disarmed. I can still be blown in place, or detonate, but disarm option is not given.

Both issues only occur when logged into a server, on my local machine, in the editor, everything works fine. Our server is running the most current version of MCC and I also have the most current version 0.4.8.

Something I've noticed also is that when an IED sets a vehicle on fire, the fire that it creates on the vehicle last forever and does not burn out like when the regular model blows up. Eventually the flames go out. This just stays and cannot be removed. This happens on server. EDIT, fire can be removed with mcc delete tool, zeus will not delete the fireball, but only on local machine.

However, it would be nice if the flames burnt out eventually.

Thanks! Hope this gets fixed soon, we've got an op Wednesday and I would like to use this system properly.

Kind Regards!

Edited by EEEMB

Nope you can disable the squad assign dialog but not the feed. Do you think we need an option to disable the feed?

It would be great.

I am also having the same issue with mcc on the server our group uses to run ops. The mission generator just hangs, and doesn't spawn in anything even though a zone has been created to use.

Also, the IED's that are placed cannot be disarmed. The option never comes up in the scroll wheel action menu while crawling towards it and attempting to disarm. So there is no way of knowing that it is an IED and it cannot be disarmed. I can still be blown in place, or detonate, but disarm option is not given.

Both issues only occur when logged into a server, on my local machine, in the editor, everything works fine. Our server is running the most current version of MCC and I also have the most current version 0.4.8.

Something I've noticed also is that when an IED sets a vehicle on fire, the fire that it creates on the vehicle last forever and does not burn out like when the regular model blows up. Eventually the flames go out. This just stays and cannot be removed. This happens on server. EDIT, fire can be removed with mcc delete tool, zeus will not delete the fireball, but only on local machine.

However, it would be nice if the flames burnt out eventually.

Thanks! Hope this gets fixed soon, we've got an op Wednesday and I would like to use this system properly.

Kind Regards!

Same here!

update: RPT LOG SAYS:

2014/10/09, 23:54:41 "my_pv: MCC REGULAR - ["","",true,true,"","",1,"NOTHING","1","MOVE",[12381.9,15669.6,0],[191.251,197.618],197.618,"WEST",B Alpha 1-1:1 (SiepeAssassina) REMOTE,2,false,false,"SiepeAssassina","DEFAULT",0,[0,0,0],0,0,0,[12505.5,15677.3],false,false]"

2014/10/09, 23:55:15 "MCC: Mission Wizard Error: Create a zone first"

but we already created a zone.

We have this same issue with the mission generator. When I host locally, generating mission to a zone works fine. But when another player hosting, and I'm the mission maker, it just keeps saying "building mission", and the host gets this ""MCC: Mission Wizard Error: Create a zone first" error message. And I must reconnect, to get rid of the text, and to be able to generate another mission (since it's saying that another mission generating in progress).

This problem is not entirely new however, we have it with the previous version too.

((We tried mission and mod version from the current build, and mission version of the previous one.))

Nice work Shay and Spirit! I am liking the new update. I am part of a mil sim community and having MCC really helps, we use it in every mission. I do have a question about your time acceleration though. I am trying to find a script that is along the same lines as your acceleration for my mission. MCC's works perfectly but I need it to be part of the mission. Possibly you could share how you did this? I have been looking for other threads covering this but they are from 2007 - 2009.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Edit: NVM Figured it out thanks to Das Attorney. Its "setTimeMultiplier 12;" (without quotes). I used 12 to make 24 hours into 2 hours.

Edited by OV3RJ0RD

We have this same issue with the mission generator. When I host locally, generating mission to a zone works fine. But when another player hosting, and I'm the mission maker, it just keeps saying "building mission", and the host gets this ""MCC: Mission Wizard Error: Create a zone first" error message. And I must reconnect, to get rid of the text, and to be able to generate another mission (since it's saying that another mission generating in progress).

This problem is not entirely new however, we have it with the previous version too.

((We tried mission and mod version from the current build, and mission version of the previous one.))

On it tomorrow, hang in there :)

Does spawn work normally? question I ask is because few things got changed on spawing (delayed/caching).

Spawning works fine, I'll have to test caching and delayed spawns.