shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Zeus cannot be accessed again after respawning unless you logout off mcc and re-login, which was also the case with the last version.

Also, 720p peasants like me wont ever be able to see the full interface of mcc will we (like the new squad menu)? :-p

Again thank you for your great work MCC team!

I do know the potential of MCC combined with Zeus aswell.

However, I'm a bit frustrated cause I do not know and master all the secrets (nor the minimum playable knowledge) of the RESPAWN functionalities and the result is that I play alone only while I would like to invit my mates to join my personalized dynamic games using MCC.

Several questions regarding Respawn still remain so:

1) Does MCC need to create a descritption.ext before exporting the mission to multiplayer? with the well known parameter like for instance:

respawn = 3;

respawndelay = 5;

2) I used to place either from MCC Start Location: the Primary or the FOB spawn point on the map or place a Zeus module of respawn of my relevant Side. Besides, I can see the automatic Marker created accordingly on the map by using this features.

The problem is that I always respawn on the location where I've just died and cannot choose the respawn location setup nor at least the primary respawn point dedicated to my side.

Do you know why? Do I need to setup manually the marker with name like respawn_guerrila in addition to the automatic MCC or Zeus module?

3) Despite many attempts, I didn't succeed to use the role selection (while the squad feature works well). In MCC console when I click on the Enable Role button, the following message is displayed: iniDB isn't running.

4) I am currently using MCC R8 Mod, but would it be different using the MCC multi template?

5) Could you please provide me the different steps to make my multiplayer game works fine on different respawn locations setup using MCC and Zeus? Maybe small details prevent me from completly having fun because I can manage for everything else...

Thank you in advance for your help guys. Gloire à MCC!!! ;-)

I've made a video just for you. Uploading it atm...

Regarding Indbi you should download the mod from here and make it run only on the server (no need for clients to download it) it is used to saving the players stats to make a persistence database

I have been experiencing a most annoying bug when using the MCC 3D editor. for some reason when I attempt to spawn in aircraft to populate an airfield or w.e. it makes my game crash to desktop. This has been a persistent issue throughout the past two updates attempt to recreate with C_17 aircraft activated

Is it happening with vanila aircrafts?

i have a mission with only a respawn script in it and a virtual vihecle spawner.

The uav bug is gone with deleting the f18 mod and the saving think it was a mesh of mods.

the only thing i have from the start of the mcc with zeus mix bug cant fix that.

Playable units must have names, just figured that out a few minutes ago while making the video so i'll try to fix it if it is possible - watch the video in about an hour or so...

Zeus cannot be accessed again after respawning unless you logout off mcc and re-login, which was also the case with the last version.

Also, 720p peasants like me wont ever be able to see the full interface of mcc will we (like the new squad menu)? :-p

Why won't you? what is you display settings in game?

Shay_Gman can you please give us an option to only use the shortcut to open the MCC without it being in the way in the action menu.

I didn't quite get how you can give pickable Supply/Ammo/Fuel crates for players to pickup and "refund" at base.

I tried naming a crate "MCC_crateAmmo" but didn't worked.

Is there an object you can place with Zeus?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I played a bit with the Artillery command system and it seems that the adjustements are in hundreds of meters.

+1 = +100m.

Left/right adjustements are in degress.

+2 = 2 degress right

Would it be possible to set the adjustments to meters for both left/right and distance?

I dunno in US army, but here we do adjustments in meters.

distance +100 = 100m farther than last impact.

left/right -100 = 100m left from last impact.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Hmm, found a bug.

If you place a Primary start location, you'll get a fade-out/fade-in and then you'll have the Deploy window but when selecting the Primary HQ, you can't deploy. you get the message : "No good position found! Try again!".

Also, if you are using the Zeus respawn window, when you die you select the available respawn position and right after selecting it, you also get the MCC deploy window.

Thanks for the newest version.

Looks really great.

Is there any way via the arsenal to increase magazines for selected weapon?

Here is the video I've promised you:

Shay_Gman can you please give us an option to only use the shortcut to open the MCC without it being in the way in the action menu.

If we have come to this then the project status is great, and yes we can.

I didn't quite get how you can give pickable Supply/Ammo/Fuel crates for players to pickup and "refund" at base.

I tried naming a crate "MCC_crateAmmo" but didn't worked.

Is there an object you can place with Zeus?

If you are using the MCC mod then it is nn MCC 3D editor under ammo should be in the same location in Zeus. Check the end of the video to see it.

I played a bit with the Artillery command system and it seems that the adjustements are in hundreds of meters.

+1 = +100m.

Left/right adjustements are in degress.

+2 = 2 degress right

Would it be possible to set the adjustments to meters for both left/right and distance?

I dunno in US army, but here we do adjustments in meters.

The adjustment is never in meters unless you are firing a 203 or personal mortars in artillery it goes by clicks like +-1 elevation which translated into meters by the projectile velocity and distance to target. That is why it is a quick adjusting rather than calling a new fire mission. But I can lower the adjusting distance a bit.

Hmm, found a bug.

If you place a Primary start location, you'll get a fade-out/fade-in and then you'll have the Deploy window but when selecting the Primary HQ, you can't deploy. you get the message : "No good position found! Try again!".

Also, if you are using the Zeus respawn window, when you die you select the available respawn position and right after selecting it, you also get the MCC deploy window.

Regarding the "No good position found" it is either you have stuck the respawn location in a very bad place or there are enemy units overrunning the respawn points which block it from respawning.

Regarding Zeus template - I wouldn't mix Zeus respawn templates with MCC although MCC recognize and use Zeus respawn points it is better to choose either one of the systems and use them both.

Thanks for the newest version.

Looks really great.

Is there any way via the arsenal to increase magazines for selected weapon?

That is something that you'll have to ask Karel Moricky :)

Thanks a lot shay_gman, I'm looking forward to watching your video this evening :-)

@Shay - great feature and video - thanks

Alright! Thanks for the answers! :)

Big kudos for the update!

For some reason, it also fixed my problem that I needed to log out and relog to regain Zeus powers on respawn. :)

Great update !!

- Fixed: MCC couldn't read some groups' configs from addons.

Sadly this is not working.

FSF Ennemies groups detected using VTS:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34099490958297717/1D572EDB4505A36AEA11AD2AF7CFFDC70911A633/

No group detected by MCC:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/34099490958303747/21769D78ECF75451BA89B7EE647FF4E4284DAC79/

Have you been able to understand why the fix is not working for all unit addons ?

Thx !

If we have come to this then the project status is great, and yes we can.

Splendid news :bounce3:

I am not clear how to use the PDA now removed the MCC_ Consolesera that could explain a little better? ... other things singeplayer this works?

I am not clear how to use the PDA now removed the MCC_ Consolesera that could explain a little better? ... other things singeplayer this works?

Not sure I get your question but in order to have access to the PDA you MUST be the leader of a group of at least 2 units (AI or Player).

And yes, it works in singleplayer, although I always play solo by creating a LOCAL game in multiplayer for the sake of respawn functionnality.

Let's say, I saved a mission I created with MCC. Now I want to have a trigger in the map, that spawns everything from that mission. is this possible?

I ask, because I assume, you cannot just dump the whole mission code into a *.sqf file and call it from a trigger. Ofc I need to strip out the init part, but I also assume, you have to call the groups and waypoints in a different way? Is there an example somewhere?

Not sure I get your question but in order to have access to the PDA you MUST be the leader of a group of at least 2 units (AI or Player).

And yes, it works in singleplayer, although I always play solo by creating a LOCAL game in multiplayer for the sake of respawn functionnality.

thanks I could access the PDA, the problem is that does not work in AI squad leader playables in SP only if the team leader is the player ... i miss it as before in A2 could access the MCC both the player and the AI playable with as just log in and log out, I hope in some upgrade again if so ... thanks

This video shows the changes in the latest release, related to GAIA (ai system in mcc). It covers:

1. Caching
  2. Delayed Spawning
  3. Occupy Script
  4. GAIA Settings

Although I realize it is not spoken in a sensational way by me, I promise you will like the functionality. Please let us know your feedback! :)

MCC GAIA 3:

If you missed out on previous GAIA videos I suggest to take a look at nr 1 and 2 first:

MCC GAIA 1 :

MCC GAIA 2 :

Hello Shay, MCC team,

Regarding your video ArmA 3 MCC Tutorial- Building a basic game template, I followed steps one by one.

Summary is as below with running the mod version of MCC:

1) In the Editor I followed the same actions and typed the same names especially for the empty Objet (sign) -Helipad (invisible) name : startW and another with the name: fobwW_1 etc...

2) Copied accordingly all sqm from clipboard and replacing the mission.sqm previous content. When editing the mission in LAN, all objects previously setup was there.

3) Created in the same directory than my mission.sqm file init.sqf file with the following content:

enableSaving [false,false);

MCC_START_WEST = getpos startW

if (isServer) then

{

[getpos startW, 0, 'west','HQ',false] call CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

[getpos fobW_1, 0, 'west','FOB',false] call CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

};

4) created in the same directory the description.ext file with the following content:

respawn = "BASE";

respawndelay = 5;

disabledAI = 1;

Result:

But I still do not get the expected result when I restart the mission. Indeed, the MCC function from the init.sqf file do not seem to be active and I don't see any error when launching the game and nor when clicking the Continue button after the briefing.

When I respawn, I respawn always to the Base and no choice for selection is displayed to me.

Sorry if I misunderstood something obvious. I know I'm pretty close to get it.

Any idea of what is going wrong?

PS: Besides, I followed your advice by installing the mod iniDBI and got the enable role selection active this time. Great stuff after a quick install! But note that it is empty of spawn point when running it after the above procedure.

That's why for the time being, I disabled the iniDBI mod until I manage to get the respawn full explanation and practice implementation.

Thanks again for your help and understanding.

Edited by xerxes1er

same no options to respawn just at base. any chance you can upload a sample template? cheers

init.sqf

enableSaving [false,false];
MCC_START_WEST = setpos startW;
if (isServer) then
{
[getpos startW, 0, 'west','HQ',false] Call CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;
[getpos FobW_1, 0, 'west','FOB',false] Call CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;
};

Hello Shay, MCC team,

Regarding your video ArmA 3 MCC Tutorial- Building a basic game template, I followed steps one by one.

Summary is as below with running the mod version of MCC:

1) In the Editor I followed the same actions and typed the same names especially for the empty Objet (sign) -Helipad (invisible) name : startW and another with the name: fobwW_1 etc...

2) Copied accordingly all sqm from clipboard and replacing the mission.sqm previous content. When editing the mission in LAN, all objects previously setup was there.

3) Created in the same directory than my mission.sqm file init.sqf file with the following content:

enableSaving [false,false);

MCC_START_WEST = getpos startW

if (isServer) then

{

[getpos startW, 0, 'west','HQ',false] call CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

[getpos fobW_1, 0, 'west','FOB',false] call CP_fnc_buildSpawnPoint;

};

4) created in the same directory the description.ext file with the following content:

respawn = "BASE";

respawndelay = 5;

disabledAI = 1;

Result:

But I still do not get the expected result when I restart the mission. Indeed, the MCC function from the init.sqf file do not seem to be active and I don't see any error when launching the game and nor when clicking the Continue button after the briefing.

When I respawn, I respawn always to the Base and no choice for selection is displayed to me.

Sorry if I misunderstood something obvious. I know I'm pretty close to get it.

Any idea of what is going wrong?

PS: Besides, I followed your advice by installing the mod iniDBI and got the enable role selection active this time. Great stuff after a quick install! But note that it is empty of spawn point when running it after the above procedure.

That's why for the time being, I disabled the iniDBI mod until I manage to get the respawn full explanation and practice implementation.

Thanks again for your help and understanding.

@Spirit - thanks for the video and all yr GREAT work done :jump_clap:

Edited by Spoor

The Virtual Arsenal preset was not working for me. (The arsenal button, and the zeus arsenal tool was ok)

No matter what I tried, the Arsenal menu option didn't show on the objects.

After a little forum search, I tried a few options, and finally I found this: this addaction ["Virtual Arsenal",{["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

With this in the init line that damned menu option finally showed up :)

Edited by Starcos

Minor: The mission generator now disappears when I change faction. It re-appears then if I press the mcc key.

The Virtual Arsenal preset was not working for me. (The arsenal button, and the zeus arsenal tool was ok)

No matter what I tried, the Arsenal menu option didn't show on the objects.

After a little forum search, I tried a few options, and finally I found this: this addaction ["Virtual Arsenal",{["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

With this in the init line that damned menu option finally showed up :)

Yup, isn't working for me either.

I'll try to code you posted.

Must have some errors in the code parsed by MCC.