shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

New to MCC, trying to figure some things out.

-How do I set multiple respawn points, or set vehicles as spawn points, or let players spawn on each other?

Actually, my question is more: I can do this stuff in Zeus, how do I do it in MCC and/or get MCC to recognize I've done it in Zeus? If I set a respawn point in Zeus while using the MCC mission, nothing happens. I also can't change rank or spawn-point status of player units, like I normally can with Zeus.

I'm pretty comfortable using Zeus but I want to also learn MCC because it's more powerful, and yet some basic stuff seems impossible. What do I have to do to get all this working?

So, I'm still lost here. @mcc_sandbox_a3 is on our server, it's installed on our clients too because people were getting disconnected without it. Now I want to make a mission where I have MCC access and no one else. I don't know where the hell I do that, inside of the modfolder and inside the PBO, I see files that call to mcc access, but how do I edit this for specific missions? I see there's an init.sqf and and init_mission.sqf inside the PBO, but what about my own mission folder? I really like what MCC is capable of, but at the moment there's very little in the way of documentation or explanation for how to make this work in certain ways.

I am new at this and I don't Play multiplayer but there is a module called Access Rights. I dont Know if this solves your problem.

As far as documentation is one of the most supported.

Salute!

@DutchVidya: Editor - F7 Modules - Category : Misc - Module (MCC Sandbox) - Access Rights.

Units that are synced to the module have access rights.

@devs: I think the official documentation could use an overhaul...

Is the UAV spawn gone? Cant find it at MCC commander terminal. (Solved: Spawn some UAV and then klick right in the console on it to see live feed)

Or right click on it and press "take control" to actually control it ïŠ

Guys I have a question for my understanding. Currently I just open editor, create missions quickly, play it.

-> Lets say I create a mission with a lot of GAIA controlled units. Now if I export that mission to sqf from inside MCC. Will I then be able a) to use that mission without MCC and b) will the code still have the GAIA intelligence, i.e. the GAIA AI is in that code?

As for the GAIA behaviour. Maybe there is room for improvement (I think its a really difficult thing, programming AI). Lets say Enemy group a gets attacked by me and I escape. They see the direction I'm running to. But if another group comes to support them, I think it goes to where I have been seen last and tries to flank. Shouldn't that supporting group rather run to a position where they assume where I am? Ugh, a decision based on an assumption. I admit I do not know if GAIA already behaves like this. Or if its just too hard to implement.

Maybe you can tell a bit about how the communication between enemy groups works. Or is it left to BI vanilla AI?

BTW, as for the flanking, I think it shouldn't do it always - or not always in the same way, otherwise it may become predictable?

Just thinking loud.

Re:ArtilleryDrops at same place: Lets forget about it. I cannot elaborate and also I think here is a misunderstanding.

Thanks!

You'll need MCC mod running on the server if you want to load an sqm mission built with MCC functionality in it that is including GAIA.

GAIA is working around assumptions and that is what Spirit work on to make it realistic and not super AI thing. AI group will move to your last known location and not to where you are and it will throw units in the conflict area based on the amount of resistance the AI is facing.

Artillery will keep on dropping on the same place until you'll change the spread.

Don't know if this has been asked/answered already, but is it possible to have zones you place in the BIS editor appear registered in the MCC as gaia zones? What I mean by this, is say I preplace some markers in the editor and task preplaced units to that zone with gaia. When the misson is running and I open MCC, the zone does not appear and I cant drop down the MCC zone selection to select it. Say I wanted to add units and task them to this zone, or move it: this is not possibles since MCC doesn't recognize it.

Is there any way around this so I can work with preplaced zones?

Check out the MCC functions as [_zoneNumber,_pos,_radius] call MCC_fnc_MWUpdateZone can be helpful.

Now that I've been playing with this for a few hours, how would I go about setting only say, the Admin as able to see and log in to MCC? I see there's an MCC Module, but there's nothing else, no input for player IDs or anything.

You can limit access by placing the "Access module" in your mission.

- If it placed and not synced to any unit – only admin will have MCC access.

- If it placed and synced to units – only this units will have MCC access.

- If it placed and "this setvariable ["names", ["012347","01457687"]]" placed in the init line of the module only players with the UID same as the numbers in the array will have MCC access

-

Love the new changes coming good job guys any word on when it will be release ?

btw dont know if this is reported but in the hvt the enemy sometimes shoot the hostage in like a min is that a bug ?

After releasing him?

btw i want to vote for you in the arma 3 contest but cant find you arent you in that contest ?

It will be there soon.

I have found some issues.

1. Sometimes MCC dont show up in the mouswheel-menu. (Solution Respawn)

2. Sometimes the players arent in the bluefor faction (they are white labeled in mcc). Reason blueforai is shooting at players. (Solution Respawn)

3. After creating a generated mission, the mission objectives dont registrate as arma objectives. (Solution, restart of the map) Maybe you can insert a option to mark items as objectives?

4. The IED`s will collidate with other mods like the AGM (Authentic Gameplay Mod). Is it possible to add IED`s as regular explosives?

5. After loading a profile, the loaded chests have a failure. The weapons in this chest can`t equipped.

I love the mcc mod, it gives us great possibilities.

1. It is something locally for you mate – check some mod/mission conflicts.

2. They are in the bluefor side but while in combat they turn white to indicate that.

3. MP or SP as they register for me as objectives in the Task menu in the map.

4. How is the IED collide?

5. What profile? MCC doesn't have profiles.

There's no "Disable Fatigue" option in here, is there? Since the new fatigue came if been pissed with it...

No we don't want to mess with game twicks there are enough mods that do that we are more focused on game accessibility.

New to MCC, trying to figure some things out.

-How do I set multiple respawn points, or set vehicles as spawn points, or let players spawn on each other?

Actually, my question is more: I can do this stuff in Zeus, how do I do it in MCC and/or get MCC to recognize I've done it in Zeus? If I set a respawn point in Zeus while using the MCC mission, nothing happens. I also can't change rank or spawn-point status of player units, like I normally can with Zeus.

I'm pretty comfortable using Zeus but I want to also learn MCC because it's more powerful, and yet some basic stuff seems impossible. What do I have to do to get all this working?

Player can teleport to their leader by pressing Alt+t after respawn.

You can set multiple respawn points by setting FOB or creating FOBs using logistic vehicle preset – but it will only work inside the role selection.

If you are setting respawn points in Zeus you'll need a Zeus respawn template mission – so you'll need the MCC mod not the mission and playing with a Zeus template.

Respawn thing will have a huge update in next release.

@devs: I think the official documentation could use an overhaul...

Yeah we surely need and will do that soon after will come to a stable build.

No i mean when the missions starts the enemy kill the hostage before i can do anything :)

No i mean when the missions starts the enemy kill the hostage before i can do anything :)

That's not a bug, that's just mean! But i gues we go try to fix it ;) I go check it out

Hi Guys!

First of all, i want to thank you for your great work with MCC and implementing ZEUS. It really gave me and other mission makers in my community the means to create a really dynamic experience to our players. I use MCC mostly to pre-design the missions and switch from there forth and back between MCC & ZEUS to supervise the player progress and adapt to their choice of action, if need be. There i only find one thing annoying: The ZEUS Curator Egale contantly hovering over the group of players. Mostly the Eagle's Cry is annoying the players most. I am aware that this is not a MCC issue. But since you guys were so cool to integrate the easy usage of ZEUS into MCC, i hope that you may be able to either tell me the solution on how i could get rid of that annoying Eagle or how to turn of the constant Eagle's Cry. Or if you maybe could get rid of this nuisance in the next Version of MCC?

Keep up the good work on MCC and know that there are many people out there, who really appreciate your work on this! :icon_dj:

I looked up all the forums for ZEUS itself, but could not find any solution there. All i found out is, that there seems to be a ever growing group of players and mission makers, who really dislike this "Curator Eagle Feature". So that is why i try to seek help with you guys, who gave us MCC and successfully implemented ZEUS to it.

Hey how can i restrict alt + t ? for every mission start ?

MCC_t2tIndex = 1 //0 - Disabled. 1- JIP, 2- AfterRespawn, 3-Always

Until next release that should be incoming any time soon we present to you the new features from my end as Spirit is making a great video for the new AI things

So if you have pre-feedback it is time to share before the release:

Wow good video im not into the roles but love all the other stuff you guys rock.

Btw the occupying the map is that in the other video you mentioned ?

Really nice, pitty I am not into the server team play thing. Only spend time with a buddy or 2 playing. Still features are very impressive.

Wow good video im not into the roles but love all the other stuff you guys rock.

Btw the occupying the map is that in the other video you mentioned ?

Yep, will be there. I think we are only days from release.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

.... as Spirit is making a great video for the new AI things....

Aha! I knew it!

One thing to look into for GAIA is how she handles motorized infantry. If I attach a transport truck to a group, the group will get a move order and the leader will mount everyone up: but once everyone is mounted GAIA starts giving the group move/sentry commands and treating it like just a truck, rather than a motorized infantry squad.

One thing to look into for GAIA is how she handles motorized infantry. If I attach a transport truck to a group, the group will get a move order and the leader will mount everyone up: but once everyone is mounted GAIA starts giving the group move/sentry commands and treating it like just a truck, rather than a motorized infantry squad.

How and when is the truck given? As part of the group? Or seperate group? have you waited for few minutes? Orders are cancelled and given again if the group changes class. GAIA checks for group classes every few minutes. In this case they would change class from infantry to motorized.

How and when is the truck given? As part of the group? Or seperate group? have you waited for few minutes? Orders are cancelled and given again if the group changes class. GAIA checks for group classes every few minutes. In this case they would change class from infantry to motorized.

Truck is part of the group from the editor, and given to gaia with group this setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["2","MOVE"], true]; . It recognizes it as motorized until the troops actually mount, at which point every unit of the group in MCC indicates the vehicle name, and the marker type on the MCC map disappears. The waypoints then switch to vehicle waypoints (move/sentry). Waiting doesn't sort out the problem (they just park at their destination). If the truck itself hits contact, the troops will dismount and fight however.

Very curious about the new GAIA changes. Thanks for the new Video Shay, most changes aren't too important for the single players though.

Yep, will be there. I think we are only days from release.

s/days/hours :D

Hiho,

had anyone a bug with the spawning AI from MCC that everbody have Skills 1.0?

I can change the settings in "Mission Settings" how i want to but no change, all AI seems to be SuperAI but does not react as such. Its more Random.

If i start my Dedicated Linux Server only with MCC and Spawn an AI then this happens. Additional Mods change not the behavior.

Little Video to show you the problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWwgh1tKcj0

my profile script is completely standart.

Did already completely re-install

Guys,

I read somewhere about HC being broken, is it true? Sometimes spawning enemies into HC won't work.

Truck is part of the group from the editor, and given to gaia with group this setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["2","MOVE"], true]; . It recognizes it as motorized until the troops actually mount, at which point every unit of the group in MCC indicates the vehicle name, and the marker type on the MCC map disappears. The waypoints then switch to vehicle waypoints (move/sentry). Waiting doesn't sort out the problem (they just park at their destination). If the truck itself hits contact, the troops will dismount and fight however.

Tested and cannot reproduce. Infantry group set in editor. Created a truck that is made part of the group (not as leader). Set the variable and off they go with motorized behavior. Can you try test this without any other addons running? Are you sure you created a vehicle that holds enough transportation places for the infantry group they join?

Edited by spirit6

It seems when I use a script to go in the init of an object, I am not able to save all sqm... the save all sqm button keeps on flashing, I let it flash overnight and in the morning it was still flashing with nothing coppied to the clipboard.

I tested this on two ways:

1. Start arma with only MCC enabled -> in the editor I only placed a player -> preview -> log in MCC -> use Zeus to place an object -> double click to add init to the object -> Not able to save all sqm.

2. Start arma with only mcc enabled -> in the editor I place a player and the MCC module synced to my player -> preview, log in MCC -> use zeus to place an object -> double click to add init to that object -> not able to save all sqm

Then I tried without adding something in the init of a object, and that worked fine.

Is there something I am doing wrong, I have done this before and and I did not have any issues with it, untill now.

Regards,

Amiscus