shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hmm, is the Artillery function using the random() function and this may be broken in terms of semi randomness? Or is there some kind of miscalculation? I set Artillery to 30 rounds, I think it was 20 seconds delay, not sure, will need to test again. My observation: detonations at the exakt same places on the ground. Anyone seen this before?

Hmm, is the Artillery function using the random() function and this may be broken in terms of semi randomness? Or is there some kind of miscalculation? I set Artillery to 30 rounds, I think it was 20 seconds delay, not sure, will need to test again. My observation: detonations at the exakt same places on the ground. Anyone seen this before?

What artillery are you using? GAIA controlled artillery? Artillery used from the MCC GUI? If from the GUI did you use tight? Or wide? Or any setting for spreading?

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Same here (ArmA dev version), also the map is completely zoomed in initially.

Noticed, i filed a bug report. Stay tuned.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

A suggestion: Please have a look at ASOR Gear Selector. It's an equivalent to VAS, but way more convenient and with realtime preview.

Please include it, if the author allows... And at a prominent place, because its a quick way to gear up the player or other units! Maybe beside the unit selctor at the bottom right, where HALO button etc. is.

Another good thing is, it uses the same templates as VAS.

http://abload.de/thumb/2014-09-16_00017vtjfs.jpg

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183293-ASOR-Gear-Selector

I dont see this as true MCC functionality, but who knows. If we hold the time :)

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

@Shay: Login and MCC messages questions are all yours :) @People asking : Shay is kinda busy on university. I filed the questions for now.

Stay tuned for inbound release :)

So many question so little time:

@tortuosit

The white map thing will be checked – it zoomed in by default on the objectives.

Missing MCC messages can be the outcome of another mod like AGM who disable chat (at least for me).

Caching system is active and Spirit is working on a postponed spawning system and load balance between clients.

Artillery rounds from MCC hits by the spread definition – you can see a red circle on the map before you are placing them or if you hold Ctrl while placing them. So if you have choose précised area no wonder all the rounds hit the same spot.

@Spoor

It will probably work like the mission wizard right now.

@Corelegend

You are doing something wrong – you should check the forum on how to use mods on dedicated server. There is no init.sqf in it.

@all

ASOR Gear Selector will not be part of MCC… you'll have BIS Arsenal instead.

@Corelegend

You are doing something wrong – you should check the forum on how to use mods on dedicated server. There is no init.sqf in it.

Thanks. The problem was the gamemode. The mission should be run as cooperative and not as zeusgamemode. Now all works fine.

Is the UAV spawn gone? Cant find it at MCC commander terminal. (Solved: Spawn some UAV and then klick right in the console on it to see live feed)

Edited by Corelegend

Artillery rounds from MCC hits by the spread definition – you can see a red circle on the map before you are placing them or if you hold Ctrl while placing them. So if you have choose précised area no wonder all the rounds hit the same spot.

Nono, 1 click. On "Artillery - DPICM/Precise/30/0". I checked again, I was under the impression, that, in my case, the small rockets after explosion #5 hit the same spots which already have craters. But I am not 100% sure. Will have to observe it super slow with the camera.

I don't know what I expected from MCC. I'm so used to traditional mission making I didn't even consider it. However I just sat down to remake a classic A2 mission in A3, and it took all of three minutes to get the tricky stuff done. All of that messing with DAC calls? No more, and I believe GAIA does it better. Triggers, tasks, briefings. All I had to do was export a mission SQM and reload it in the editor.

I suppose there are problems I haven't found, and I still need to tie it into a framework, but Jesus Christ, that was brilliant. As soon as I spawned a Heavy Garrison on Takistan, and the buildings filled up? My breath went away.

Nono, 1 click. On "Artillery - DPICM/Precise/30/0". I checked again, I was under the impression, that, in my case, the small rockets after explosion #5 hit the same spots which already have craters. But I am not 100% sure. Will have to observe it super slow with the camera.

Precise, Tight, Wide are the options for variation. If you think they are to close go select wide for a change.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I don't know what I expected from MCC. I'm so used to traditional mission making I didn't even consider it. However I just sat down to remake a classic A2 mission in A3, and it took all of three minutes to get the tricky stuff done. All of that messing with DAC calls? No more, and I believe GAIA does it better. Triggers, tasks, briefings. All I had to do was export a mission SQM and reload it in the editor.

I suppose there are problems I haven't found, and I still need to tie it into a framework, but Jesus Christ, that was brilliant. As soon as I spawned a Heavy Garrison on Takistan, and the buildings filled up? My breath went away.

Good to hear! Now try to use automated CAS, mortars, artillery etc. Just click and it works :)

Start watching this if you just started out.

DutchVidya, exactly my thoughts. IMO, mission makers e.g. do more handcrafting, but/can do not implement GAIA AI equivalent...

Guys I have a question for my understanding. Currently I just open editor, create missions quickly, play it.

-> Lets say I create a mission with a lot of GAIA controlled units. Now if I export that mission to sqf from inside MCC. Will I then be able a) to use that mission without MCC and b) will the code still have the GAIA intelligence, i.e. the GAIA AI is in that code?

As for the GAIA behaviour. Maybe there is room for improvement (I think its a really difficult thing, programming AI). Lets say Enemy group a gets attacked by me and I escape. They see the direction I'm running to. But if another group comes to support them, I think it goes to where I have been seen last and tries to flank. Shouldn't that supporting group rather run to a position where they assume where I am? Ugh, a decision based on an assumption. I admit I do not know if GAIA already behaves like this. Or if its just too hard to implement.

Maybe you can tell a bit about how the communication between enemy groups works. Or is it left to BI vanilla AI?

BTW, as for the flanking, I think it shouldn't do it always - or not always in the same way, otherwise it may become predictable?

Just thinking loud.

Re:ArtilleryDrops at same place: Lets forget about it. I cannot elaborate and also I think here is a misunderstanding.

Thanks!

Edited by tortuosit

Don't know if this has been asked/answered already, but is it possible to have zones you place in the BIS editor appear registered in the MCC as gaia zones? What I mean by this, is say I preplace some markers in the editor and task preplaced units to that zone with gaia. When the misson is running and I open MCC, the zone does not appear and I cant drop down the MCC zone selection to select it. Say I wanted to add units and task them to this zone, or move it: this is not possibles since MCC doesn't recognize it.

Is there any way around this so I can work with preplaced zones?

Now that I've been playing with this for a few hours, how would I go about setting only say, the Admin as able to see and log in to MCC? I see there's an MCC Module, but there's nothing else, no input for player IDs or anything.

Love the new changes coming good job guys any word on when it will be release ?

btw dont know if this is reported but in the hvt the enemy sometimes shoot the hostage in like a min is that a bug ?

Suggestion:

With the caching system - If you have a group with a vehicle (mech/mot infantry) and all but group leader are cached, when they are uncached they will be out of the transport. The group leader however will not command them back into the transport, and they will stay dismounted.

My suggestion is to code it so if group leader is in a vehicle, the rest of the group is spawned in transport as well.

Hey :)

Anyone else getting random black screens when using zeus inside of mcc? when this happens there is no way to get out but to "ctrl, alt, delete" its very painful especially when running coop nights.

Have the same problem if i died then zeus is black :(

Hey :)

Anyone else getting random black screens when using zeus inside of mcc? when this happens there is no way to get out but to "ctrl, alt, delete" its very painful especially when running coop nights.

My solution for this problem:

After black screen press key combination for mcc (my combo is STRG + H)

MCC shows up

Click logout

Press STRG + H again

Login to mcc

zeus works and blackscreen is away

Suggestion:

With the caching system - If you have a group with a vehicle (mech/mot infantry) and all but group leader are cached, when they are uncached they will be out of the transport. The group leader however will not command them back into the transport, and they will stay dismounted.

My suggestion is to code it so if group leader is in a vehicle, the rest of the group is spawned in transport as well.

Should be fixed in next release. Thanks for suggestion.

Actually, as well as my previous question, if I wanted to run an MCC mission on our server, MCC is installed server side, does it need to be installed on all of the clients too?

Actually, as well as my previous question, if I wanted to run an MCC mission on our server, MCC is installed server side, does it need to be installed on all of the clients too?

MCC is a mod so it will hold no special requirements then for all to have it (like most mods). It goes without saying that some functionality will and some will not work if you dont let the players run the mod. This also means you are self exploring here as the option is not supported. GAIA intelligence does not need all to have the mod for example, that i know for sure.

@DutchVidya: regarding your question on access rights to MCC. Normally you and all your clients must have MCC installed for all to work without a hitch. You then create a MP mission and incorporate MCC control module where you exactly specify which unit will have accesss rights to MCC control centre. (but, yea, generally MCC is quite permissive, I still have to adjust to MCC option on all my SP missions and campaigns - will be solved with a decent game launcher as current official launcher situation is horrendous)

@spirit6: thx for video reference on GAIA as Im also fresh...

btw i want to vote for you in the arma 3 contest but cant find you arent you in that contest ?

I have found some issues.

1. Sometimes MCC dont show up in the mouswheel-menu. (Solution Respawn)

2. Sometimes the players arent in the bluefor faction (they are white labeled in mcc). Reason blueforai is shooting at players. (Solution Respawn)

3. After creating a generated mission, the mission objectives dont registrate as arma objectives. (Solution, restart of the map) Maybe you can insert a option to mark items as objectives?

4. The IED`s will collidate with other mods like the AGM (Authentic Gameplay Mod). Is it possible to add IED`s as regular explosives?

5. After loading a profile, the loaded chests have a failure. The weapons in this chest can`t equipped.

I love the mcc mod, it gives us great possibilities.

There's no "Disable Fatigue" option in here, is there? Since the new fatigue came if been pissed with it...

It takes a long time to generate a sqm file, after making a mission. is there something I am doing wrong? when I make a mission it will not save it to a sqm file, but when I place one or two items it does, I have waited over two hours to give it some time to generate is, it keeps on flashing the save all sqm button. but when I try and paste it in notepad, it remains empty. it does work when I place only a couple of items.

is there something I can do to make this work for larger missions?

Amiscus

Trying that, but the selections I am using are really small, I am using about 50 objects and it still will not save it onto my clipboard, been trying for an hour no, still no luck.