shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Thanks Shay you are right, I had that Teleport keybind unassigned. Thx for evac/insertion description.

I will have a look at 3D editor, I am not used to it.

Empty list... hmmm - Look what I tried to spawn. Its from @hlcmods_m60e4:

2014-09-11_00003zrf96.jpg

Edited by tortuosit

I've encountered something similar recently. Spawning vehicles and aircraft work but the Helicopters section is empty.

Yes just place it then hit export into SQM, the mission will require MCC that way I believe, but ive done it before and you can open it in editor and all the objects appear there etc.

Ok thx. just got it....I really hate to make templates with zeus and keep going through preview. Nice job on MCC guys. 2NT is going to try it out for the first time in our Saturday night super OPS tonight. Setting IED's will be fun and little edits to make a ambush quickly ahead of a convoy.

EDIT:

nevermind.

didn't find out how to do it. there was a little error and I guess It was wrong.

steps I did:

1. load mcc (by mod)

2. open mcc menu

3. went into Zeus by MCC Menu

4. placed down a offroad

5. saved to profile

6. then saved SQM (ALL)

7. reloaded the mission.

8. no change.

any help??

Yes just place it then hit export into SQM, the mission will require MCC that way I believe, but ive done it before and you can open it in editor and all the objects appear there etc.
Edited by Tristen2NT

Ok thx. just got it....I really hate to make templates with zeus and keep going through preview. Nice job on MCC guys. 2NT is going to try it out for the first time in our Saturday night super OPS tonight. Setting IED's will be fun and little edits to make a ambush quickly ahead of a convoy.

EDIT:

nevermind.

didn't find out how to do it. there was a little error and I guess It was wrong.

steps I did:

1. load mcc (by mod)

2. open mcc menu

3. went into Zeus by MCC Menu

4. placed down a offroad

5. saved to profile

6. then saved SQM (ALL)

7. reloaded the mission.

8. no change.

any help??

Saving to .sqm only puts it in your clipboard you then have to open your mission.sqm and paste what you have just saved, this is how I understand it. Another way is save mcc only button which goes to clipboard you the paste into new .sqm naming what you want then in editor you can merge mcc .sqm and your original mission.sqm to add all of the mcc content.

Whenever I make a mission template and try to load it, all objects/vehicles spawn in 2or3 times, making them blow up.

- from 'preview' in mission editor

- login to mcc

- place units and waypoints

- save mission template

- restart clean mission

- load template

I have 2 questions.

1. I don't understand why often I cannot spawn (infantry) units from a specific faction. E.g. if I choose FIA. Or "USMC (West)" (from the AiA Terrain mod). Many factions, where I think it should have infantry soldiers. But in the spawn screen there is an empty list. It's probably a misunderstanding on my side, can anybody explain?

2. When I spawn stuff via the 2D editor, I always saw a message in the chat lines bottom left ("...has been spawned in...") . Now its gone. No more messages, I cannot find why it is turned off...

Thanks for your help :)

Hmm so you cant really edit missions in the editor and save it, as it saves all the triggers from other scripts and addons... for example if you wanted to use MCC to place objects, you'd have to do it on a completely mod free editor session and then merge it? paste it in and then add all your modules that you want?

Is there anyway around this? As I lose all my placed modules and even unit inits when I save to clipboard.

Thanks Shay you are right, I had that Teleport keybind unassigned. Thx for evac/insertion description.

I will have a look at 3D editor, I am not used to it.

Empty list... hmmm - Look what I tried to spawn. Its from @hlcmods_m60e4:

Thanks will check it out.

I've encountered something similar recently. Spawning vehicles and aircraft work but the Helicopters section is empty.

That is because BIS changed the helicopters simulation type in the development branch to meet with the new helicopter flight model – I have a fix for it that will be introduced shortly.

The mean time spawn them from Zeus and give them to GAIA.

Whenever I make a mission template and try to load it, all objects/vehicles spawn in 2or3 times, making them blow up.

- from 'preview' in mission editor

- login to mcc

- place units and waypoints

- save mission template

- restart clean mission

- load template

Read the answer for the ToejaM

Hmm so you cant really edit missions in the editor and save it, as it saves all the triggers from other scripts and addons... for example if you wanted to use MCC to place objects, you'd have to do it on a completely mod free editor session and then merge it? paste it in and then add all your modules that you want?

Is there anyway around this? As I lose all my placed modules and even unit inits when I save to clipboard.

By default MCC saves to profile only the items that is under its control which means spawned by MCC or given to MCC – you can check that easily by opening Zeus and see what objects have Zeus icon next to them and what not.

The save to SQM have two options:

1. Save all – which will save all the objects/vehicles/units (triggers are not implemented yet) to an SQM format file unless "mccIgnore" is set to that object – read bellow.

2. Save MCC only – which will save only objects/vehicles/units that are linked to MCC curator.

If you are using a mission template that already have some vehicles/objects in it you should consider putting this "this setVariable ["mccIgnore",true]" for all of them in BIS 2D editor so when MCC saves all it will skip saving them or just save to SQM the MCC objects or just save to profile – so if you have like a template FOB put the line in every object in that FOB so MCC won't save it.

I have 2 questions.

1. I don't understand why often I cannot spawn (infantry) units from a specific faction. E.g. if I choose FIA. Or "USMC (West)" (from the AiA Terrain mod). Many factions, where I think it should have infantry soldiers. But in the spawn screen there is an empty list. It's probably a misunderstanding on my side, can anybody explain?

2. When I spawn stuff via the 2D editor, I always saw a message in the chat lines bottom left ("...has been spawned in...") . Now its gone. No more messages, I cannot find why it is turned off...

Thanks for your help :)

The AiA Terrain mod AFAIK holds only the terrain and no units in it…

You probably turned it off in the mission settings in MCC – under the MCC messages

The AiA Terrain mod AFAIK holds only the terrain and no units in it…

Can't you filter out stuff if there's just empty list entries? I've seen a lot around, also e.g. in the jukebox.

You probably turned it off in the mission settings in MCC – under the MCC messages

Have seen this option, but its turned on there :(

My understanding is that MCC has some troubles understanding group definition, something that has been announced to be corrected in the next release.

This (low quality) video shows some work in progress on an occupy system integrated in MCC. It shows how the full caching (and delayed spawning) is done. Nothing written in stone, it is just showing the idea and I hope it will get you guys into the forum and type your wildest idea's so I can work on it. It based upon the mission wizard functionality. Giving players the chance to fillup parts of that are not directly involved in the mission area but are nice to hold some (randomization) or what ever mission makers hold interest to.

Really like the new video and GAIA functionality ! MCC is really becoming the defacto mission generator ! Well done guys.

spirit, first I need to understand the concept. What is the difference of occupation to simply adding town zones and give them units/groups with fortify/defensive flag? Is it that your new system uses caching system aditionally and that it auto createszones at towns? Or is there more difference?

About the caching system: This is interesting. What does it mean if units disappear: Does it behave like in Alive, i.e. computation is done internally, or do you delete units and have them respawn, if player comes closer?

Thank you, I love where this mod is going. With this and Zeus, ArmA is such a great sandbox for us kids :)

Can you disable the map reset whenever we pick another faction?

As I'm often using my weather mod with 3rd party missions: If I set the "Change weather" option in the mission generator, will it do weather changes permanently or does it set weather only once at mission start (in a way like "0 setfog n", "0 setovercast n")? TIA.

Edited by tortuosit

spirit, first I need to understand the concept. What is the difference of occupation to simply adding town zones and give them units/groups with fortify/defensive flag? Is it that your new system uses caching system aditionally and that it auto createszones at towns? Or is there more difference?

A concept is not even the word here. Goofing around last night with automatic placement of units, you can easily use alive for placement also. But I thought for people that use the mission generator it would be nice that area´s surrounding the environment would be enemy occupied. So now instead of manualy adding stuff it is automated. In the video you see only cities being done but all locations, including miliatiry, airports etc could be occupied. HOlding each their own sort of preferende like helicopters on the helipads, some air stuff on the airfield etc etc. You can also manualy do this ofcourse. But liek said, this goes rather quick and layz. Click and you have a mission then occupy an area around it to simulate enemy territory or even friendly territory. Overlappign area´s will go into war automated.

About the caching system: This is interesting. What does it mean if units disappear: Does it behave like in Alive, i.e. computation is done internally, or do you delete units and have them respawn, if player comes closer?

The caching system is already functioning. The current cachign system caches units that are on the map when a unit is beyond the caching range. The thing you see in the video is that it is already cached BEFORE a group ever reaches the map. So it is only spawned when a player is close. I think from user perspective it does hold no difference, but technicaly it does. There is no computation done internally like in Alive and there are no plans in that direction either, we hold no interest in stuff that is already there. The caching holds 2 layers, on closest range it will remove all but the leader. On futher range it completely removes the group from the map and spawns it back in when a player gets close. Including all his current status like waypoints, damage, fuel status and combat settings. (like it was always there).

Thank you, I love where this mod is going. With this and Zeus, ArmA is such a great sandbox for us kids :)

Can you disable the map reset whenever we pick another faction?

As I'm often using my weather mod with 3rd party missions: If I set the "Change weather" option in the mission generator, will it do weather changes permanently or does it set weather only once at mission start (in a way like "0 setfog n", "0 setovercast n")? TIA.

Coolio kids stuff it is huh :) I leave that specific questions for shay.

Anyway, the video is meant to see if you guys hold interest in occupy stuff like presented. So far i spend one evening buidling it, but if it holds interest we go beyond this stage. :)

A concept is not even the word here. Goofing around last night with automatic placement of units, you can easily use alive for placement also. But I thought for people that use the mission generator it would be nice that area´s surrounding the environment would be enemy occupied. So now instead of manualy adding stuff it is automated. In the video you see only cities being done but all locations, including miliatiry, airports etc could be occupied. HOlding each their own sort of preferende like helicopters on the helipads, some air stuff on the airfield etc etc. You can also manualy do this ofcourse. But liek said, this goes rather quick and layz. Click and you have a mission then occupy an area around it to simulate enemy territory or even friendly territory. Overlappign area´s will go into war automated.

I love the idea and "Quick and lazy" (but good) is what it's about.

Just a quick idea for occupation: How about (optionally) have snipers in observe mode on hills, if the terrain in the zone allows?

On futher range it completely removes the group from the map and spawns it back in when a player gets close. Including all his current status like waypoints, damage, fuel status and combat settings. (like it was always there).

I knew if you MCC guys do it, you do it right :)

If I choose a faction like "Chernarus (CIV)" which has no assets, no soldiers, nothing (comes with allinarma map pack) it still appears in the spawn items. I think it is because this spawn item dialog still shows e.g. the NATO or Iran ammo boxes etc...

Also, I have turned MCC messages on in the mission settings, still no messages appear bottom left screen, when I spawn stuff. Can I reset MCC settings somehow? Is its settings in the player profile?

@spirit6: a very nice option where players would be able to simply occupy the mission focus surrounding areas! A nice idea indeed!

One question / suggestion: the surrounding areas could be handled similary as in EOS (enemy occupation system) by BengaBob - also excellent little tool! , thereby not affecting performance too-much. Or is this allready implemented via "caching system"?

@devs: one bug found in Mission generator: upon generating a mission you are presented with description and MAP area. The map stays completely white until you click on it or sometimes just doesnt react and stays white-blank.

bye

@spirit - will it be possible to have the option to spawn units with or without verhicle / armor / helo / fastwings - thanks

Iam using MCC on my dedicated server. I added the init strings to my init.sqf and use the mod version of mcc. Without using the access rights module in my mission, mcc wont show up in the mousewheel menue. After adding the acces rights module, mcc only shows up after login as admin. Without login, the players cant use the mcc console. Did i missed something?

What i`ve done:

Installing MCC Mod on server and clients

enable it in configuration menue

added the default init string to my init.sqf

Any ideas?

bye

@devs: one bug found in Mission generator: upon generating a mission you are presented with description and MAP area. The map stays completely white until you click on it or sometimes just doesnt react and stays white-blank.

Same here (ArmA dev version), also the map is completely zoomed in initially.

A suggestion: Please have a look at ASOR Gear Selector. It's an equivalent to VAS, but way more convenient and with realtime preview.

Please include it, if the author allows... And at a prominent place, because its a quick way to gear up the player or other units! Maybe beside the unit selctor at the bottom right, where HALO button etc. is.

Another good thing is, it uses the same templates as VAS.

2014-09-16_00017vtjfs.jpg

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183293-ASOR-Gear-Selector

Edited by tortuosit

A suggestion: Please have a look at ASOR Gear Selector. It's an equivalent to VAS, but way more convenient and with realtime preview.

Please include it, if the author allows... And at a prominent place, because its a quick way to gear up the player or other units! Maybe beside the unit selctor at the bottom right, where HALO button etc. is.

Another good thing is, it uses the same templates as VAS.

http://abload.de/thumb/2014-09-16_00017vtjfs.jpg

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183293-ASOR-Gear-Selector

That would be nice to have:D