shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I have a very quick question. I've never used MCC before

Is it possible to place objects (buildings, chairs, objects from mods, whatever) into the mission and then save it? I want to use some kind of editor in 3D to place objects for use in missions because placing them in 2D is a huge pain. Can I save it to a mission without the need for MCC to run on the server after that, or does MCC need to be running to restore the object placements and all that?

EDIT: Just found out the answer is yes. Sorry, please ignore.

Edited by GDent

Just a report. Using MCC 4 r7, when using mission generator I get a report during mission building:

Script mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\pop_menu\markers_add.sqf not found.

p.s. @shay_gman: Congrats on a wonderful ARMA 3 addon! All best wishes for the future!

Is it possible to orient your evac vehicles in a certain direction before spawning them? I would love to save the mcc mission with evac placed in a base, but I need it to orient in the parking spots. Can you guys work on that?

Also, can you integrate Arsenal alongside VAS in the 3D editor?

P.S: Where has the ability to set a mortar as console mortar gone from the 3D editor?

Edited by Hridaysabz

Shay_Gman,

first off, thank you for such an awesome program (MCC) im sure you hear it all the time, but MCC really does improve my community's ArmA experience.

I was wondering. Is there a way to script into the server via SQF or line-in-code to create MCC zones and give any spawned AI over to Gaia automatically? I could not find any documentation of information on how to do this. Any information you have on this would be great.

Respectfully,

- Az

Shay_Gman,

first off, thank you for such an awesome program (MCC) im sure you hear it all the time, but MCC really does improve my community's ArmA experience.

I was wondering. Is there a way to script into the server via SQF or line-in-code to create MCC zones and give any spawned AI over to Gaia automatically? I could not find any documentation of information on how to do this. Any information you have on this would be great.

Respectfully,

- Az

Question is towards Shay but GAIA related so more something of my plate :) yes you can create zones and "give to gaia" by script or init lines from the groups. I have a (non published) video about that. I will release it together with an example mission somewhere this week. If you scroll back in this thread youc an already find some info about this, but with a little patience you soon know all the dark secrts :)

Someone can make MCC work with headless client? How? I've tried change name to HC, change slot, change slotname, change something random and can't make this work..

I am wondering if anyone has experienced server crashes on dedi. when using MCC (the mission generator particularly) We seem to be having some issues with it and didn't know if it was due to mcc not being updated along with the ''stable'' release updates

Just a report. Using MCC 4 r7, when using mission generator I get a report during mission building:

Same here. I've put https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marspirit/AAI/master/CO_MCC_SANDBOX_V162.torabora/mcc/pop_menu/markers_add.sqf into the mission, error message gone and I see no problems, but I don't know if its maybe an outdated file.

Same here. I've put https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marspirit/AAI/master/CO_MCC_SANDBOX_V162.torabora/mcc/pop_menu/markers_add.sqf into the mission, error message gone and I see no problems, but I don't know if its maybe an outdated file.

Where did you put it bud? I'm getting the same error

Also is it supposed to leave the black markers and other markers on the map giving away the exact locations of objectives? lol

headless client seems working only with 3d editor, that's strange :confused:

Ps in the mission generator isn't possible set HC or I've missed some hidden options?

Edited by ramius86

Where did you put it bud? I'm getting the same error

Also is it supposed to leave the black markers and other markers on the map giving away the exact locations of objectives? lol

Into the pbo, into the directory where it was missing. Pls forget about it. I have no idea if it is useful, if it fixes anything except the error message... if file is outdated. It probably is. You should wait for the mod author to fix it. I realized I played without -showscripterrors, my bet is I get flooded with errors...

Hi guys, im not sure if this is an issue on my end, but the mission objectives are put VERY close to each other and this didnt happen in previous versions. For example on takistan Feruz Abad I've set the whole area to the size of the town yet http://puu.sh/bstO5/99dde11bc6.jpg

Only one house gets selected for 2 objectives and the third is not far off. Is there a config I can change in the PBO to remedy this or is this unchangeable. This also happens on other maps not just Takistan but I thought id show it there because of the plethora of open houses MCC could have chose.

Looking forward to a response!

-Dankest

p.s. @shay_gman: Congrats on a wonderful ARMA 3 addon! All best wishes for the future!

Thanks, will be fixed for the next version.

Is it possible to orient your evac vehicles in a certain direction before spawning them? I would love to save the mcc mission with evac placed in a base, but I need it to orient in the parking spots. Can you guys work on that?

Also, can you integrate Arsenal alongside VAS in the 3D editor?

P.S: Where has the ability to set a mortar as console mortar gone from the 3D editor?

I'll add the evac helicopter to Zeus so you can rotate them.

PS. The mortar thing has been heavily reworked for the next version so I wouldn't bother looking for it but it is under the init line.

headless client seems working only with 3d editor, that's strange :confused:

Ps in the mission generator isn't possible set HC or I've missed some hidden options?

ATM nope, I'll put that on the to do list for the release after this next release.

PS we are sorry for the time it takes for the next release to come but the thing is that it having so many new features that I can't even arrange my mind on how to record a video to show it all and this is before I even took the amazing work that Spirit did on GAIA – but I will try to do my best to have it released by this weekend.

It's an absolute pleasure to watch Gaia controlled groups acting, while in stealth mode. I placed 2x10 Nato units into a CSAT area and together with bcombat, in urban combat, they all behaved fantastic. I thought "is this really ArmA"? Then I took the AC130 and made an end to it :D

ATM nope, I'll put that on the to do list for the release after this next release.

That's nice :-) Thank you ! I know server admin doesn't use HC so much but once you make some coop with it, you can never go back :-P

How is fastrope evac supposed to work? The chopper brought two ropes down, I was at the ropes... but I didn't manage to get anything related into the scroll/action menu. Am I missing something, do I need rubber gloves? ;)

As for the Artillery strikes: can we have a delay option for the first strike?

The radio chatter in AC130 control seems to be the same audio as in TPW_mods, maybe you can add some more radio chatter... But, not too important I think.

Edited by tortuosit

At first thanks a lot for the great MCC 4 tool.

If possible, could someone list me the detailed steps to be able to use my MCC wizard mission in multiplayer with the possibility for any human player to spawn and respawn in any unit?

Edited by xerxes1er

to all MCC devs! As I am learning about MCC I must say: This software is really a nice piece of kit! Gaia - wonderful!

Again congrats!

Bug, or at least unhandled:

- If I chose the wrong faction (Africans e.g.), but for example the "HLC M60E4 Supply Box" from the HLC mod package, the result is division by zero. Without -showscripterrors probably nothing will happen.

- Also I think the placement of supply boxes is not exact. Like 30m away. Sometimes I cannot find it, maybe spawned in buildings.

- Wasn't there a way to spawn a virtual ammobox or did you remove that script?

- Undefined variable _dikcode at mcc login screen, mcc_logindialog_init.sqf line 45. Same error mcc_mission_settings.sqf line 150.

Theres a message at the bottom, when single player, about assignment to player. I think its uninteresting for the player.

Again, I cannot thank you enough. Had some great firefights in Fallujah, with GAIA their behaviour was fantastic. And AFAICS it works just fine together with bCombat.

Edited by tortuosit

Hi guys, im not sure if this is an issue on my end, but the mission objectives are put VERY close to each other and this didnt happen in previous versions. For example on takistan Feruz Abad I've set the whole area to the size of the town yet http://puu.sh/bstO5/99dde11bc6.jpg

Only one house gets selected for 2 objectives and the third is not far off. Is there a config I can change in the PBO to remedy this or is this unchangeable. This also happens on other maps not just Takistan but I thought id show it there because of the plethora of open houses MCC could have chose.

Looking forward to a response!

-Dankest

The mission's objectives distance from each other is decided by the amount of players in the mission and the type of mission as in CQB objectives will be placed closer to each other then in non-cqb missions. The reason is that in CQB you want all the objectives to be at the same city.

But you can always generate few missions in different area with one objective each or you can open Zeus and drag the objectives to wherever you want them to be.

How is fastrope evac supposed to work? The chopper brought two ropes down, I was at the ropes... but I didn't manage to get anything related into the scroll/action menu. Am I missing something, do I need rubber gloves? ;)

As for the Artillery strikes: can we have a delay option for the first strike?

The radio chatter in AC130 control seems to be the same audio as in TPW_mods, maybe you can add some more radio chatter... But, not too important I think.

Well the helocasting and fast rope is more of an insertion and not extraction it will only work if the players are inside the helicopter: Helocasting will drop the players to the water from low altitude as described here while fast rope will insert the players even on roof tops or hard to land spots.

At first thanks a lot for the great MCC 4 tool.

If possible, could someone list me the detailed steps to be able to use my MCC wizard mission in multiplayer with the possibility for any human player to spawn and respawn in any unit?

I don't know if I understand what you are asking for but you need to put placeholders for players to join the mission or you can activate the MCC role selection.

to all MCC devs! As I am learning about MCC I must say: This software is really a nice piece of kit! Gaia - wonderful!

Again congrats!

still the best addon for me on A3 !
Thank you for the Best Addon :cool:

Don't forget to support us on the Make ArmA not War contest soon.

Bug, or at least unhandled:

- If I chose the wrong faction (Africans e.g.), but for example the "HLC M60E4 Supply Box" from the HLC mod package, the result is division by zero. Without -showscripterrors probably nothing will happen.

- Also I think the placement of supply boxes is not exact. Like 15m away.

- Wasn't there a way to spawn a virtual ammobox or did you remove that script?

- Undefined variable _dikcode at mcc login screen, forgot script... line 45.

You mean if you are trying to spawn an object from an empty list?!

Every thing you spawn from the MCC interface and not from the 3D editor will be spawned roughly on where you have clicked on the map (depends on empty position found) if you want precise spawning use the 3D editor or Zeus.

There is a virtual ammobox in the init line presets if you are using the 3D editor (alt+left click on the map) or if you editing an exciting object or ammocrate using Zeus - double click on it after you have spawned it.

Undefined variable _dikcode - most likely you haven't set one of the MCC action keys in the login screen.