shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hello,

After the last patch I am getting random black screens clicking on zeus inside of mcc. I tried changing keys but still same thing. When this happens I have to exit the game using Ctrl Alt Delete and rejoin any ideas? tested with and without mods

Hey shay, when I hijack a opfor and come back I loose control of being "group leader" why ? Also if I die as opfor I can't go back to my player , why?

hello,

Maybe this is a stupid question but i have to ask :)

I'm starting a arma altis life server and i try to add some buildings to the mission.sqm. When i place a building and try to safe it it won't work. So i'll add the file to my mission.sqm by hand. with this i mean searching the new item and plant it in the ride place in your mission.sqm file. This works fine but it cost allot of time. Now the question is there a other way to add buildings to your altis life server?

I have search for it in many forums and tutorials. And tryed a lot of things. But nothing works. I hope some one can help me with this. Otherwise I can say goodbye to my evenings and weekends :)

Greetz and thanxs in advance

Trillseeker

Edited by Trillseeker

hello,

I'm starting a arma altis life server and i try to add some buildings to the mission.sqm. When i place a building and try to safe it it won't work. So i'll add the file to my mission.sqm by hand. with this i mean searching the new item and plant it in the ride place in your mission.sqm file. This works fine but it cost allot of time. Now the question is there a other way to add buildings to your altis life server?

I have search for it in many forums and tutorials. And tryed a lot of things. But nothing works. I hope some one can help me with this. Otherwise I can say goodbye to my evenings and weekends :)

Trillseeker

I am in a similar boat as you are. I have a map that has been built up and edited by the owners of the server, so lately I have taken it upon myself to make map edits and changes as they are requested by owners/admins. I have MCC working correctly, though when I load the pre-existing mission.sqm that we use on the server I can place objects in 3D mode but cannot seem to save them for later use. Is there something I am missing? Thanks

Hi masters,

How I create hidden MCC zones on the map?? Here, hiting M, the players are seeing the zones on the map.

best regards

Hey shay, when I hijack a opfor and come back I loose control of being "group leader" why ? Also if I die as opfor I can't go back to my player , why?

I've fixed it long ago – do you have the latest version? Is it on MP or single player?

hello,

Trillseeker

Save to clipboard is disabled on dedicated server by BIS so you'll have to open a local host and be the host in order to save to SQM.

Hi masters,

How I create hidden MCC zones on the map?? Here, hiting M, the players are seeing the zones on the map.

best regards

The zones are hidden they should be only visible to the server and the mission maker.

I've fixed it long ago – do you have the latest version? Is it on MP or single player?

The zones are hidden they should be only visible to the server and the mission maker.

Very thanks!

Question: If I already have a mission.sqm that is being used and has tons of code in it already that needs to stay, but I want to use the MCC tool to edit and add objects lets say to build a custom base, how would I go about adding the code properly into the preexisting mission.sqm?

Do I need anything besides the mission.sqm to make the above work correctly, i.e db files or anything else from the server side besides the mission.sqm?

Most all the tutorials I have seen seem to be assuming you are just starting with a blank canvas but unfortunately that is not the case for me.

Thanks much in advance.

Edited by -dR-MeezyMurder
words

Does MCC mod version need some changes to a mission files so that it can use mission generator? Or is it completely standalone, in that it can generate extra missions in old missions that have no customisations to support mcc ?

Also, are there any plans to update the current documentation ?

Save to clipboard is disabled on dedicated server by BIS so you'll have to open a local host and be the host in order to save to SQM.

@shay_gman,

Before the update 1:26, using the generator missions, was working perfectly, now, after putting the code generated by the MCC in mission.sqm file, loading the mission generates an error in ArmA and immediately closes and exits to the desktop

Question. Is the Mod version always up-to-date as the script version?

Do you always update both versions at the same time?

I noticed that in some map using the script version, there seems to have more options, like I'm able to change the init field of items and units I spawn with Zeus, but not in the mod version.

Thanks!

Hi,

first thank you for this great tool !

I use both VTS and MCC because both have great features, but when VTS is active i can't use Zeus to edit Mcc generated units. Is there a ways to have this tools all work together?

The incoming controls for GAIA in the gui. Gotta kclic the link to see it, sorry. Lazy mode. CUT

Looks great !! thanks

what is this under on the workshop?

hunted mcc on thier but all i could find was missions that use and say its needed lol

i tried manually download it and put it in the programs folders (same location as all the other mods) but it wont show up on the launcher.....im a little perplexed

@shay_gman,

Before the update 1:26, using the generator missions, was working perfectly, now, after putting the code generated by the MCC in mission.sqm file, loading the mission generates an error in ArmA and immediately closes and exits to the desktop

Also having this problem. After looking in some mission.sqm's I had made with MCC's "Save as .sqm" function, it appears that "AddOns" and "AddOnsAuto" are completely empty. I know MCC never had a problem with this before and it seems to be pretty recent as I constantly use MCC and Zeus for mission making nowadays.

EDIT - I'm a fool, it's apparently going to be fixed soon and it actually has nothing to do with "AddOns" or "AddOnsAuto"

Edited by Sergeantshizzle

Question. Is the Mod version always up-to-date as the script version?

Do you always update both versions at the same time?

I noticed that in some map using the script version, there seems to have more options, like I'm able to change the init field of items and units I spawn with Zeus, but not in the mod version.

Thanks!

Yeah MCC mod version and mission version are always up to date together. If you are using the mod version and a mission that is already have Zeus in it you most likely don't connect to the MCC zeus and that is why you don't have the extra init lines.

Hi,

first thank you for this great tool !

I use both VTS and MCC because both have great features, but when VTS is active i can't use Zeus to edit Mcc generated units. Is there a ways to have this tools all work together?

Most likely VTS connect you to another Zeus instance and not the MCC one. The mcc zeus called "MCC_curator"

what is this under on the workshop?

hunted mcc on thier but all i could find was missions that use and say its needed lol

i tried manually download it and put it in the programs folders (same location as all the other mods) but it wont show up on the launcher.....im a little perplexed

The workshop is outdated and will be updated soon.

The mod version is working you should read the forum regarding how to install and lunch mods.

Question: If I already have a mission.sqm that is being used and has tons of code in it already that needs to stay, but I want to use the MCC tool to edit and add objects lets say to build a custom base, how would I go about adding the code properly into the preexisting mission.sqm?

Do I need anything besides the mission.sqm to make the above work correctly, i.e db files or anything else from the server side besides the mission.sqm?

Most all the tutorials I have seen seem to be assuming you are just starting with a blank canvas but unfortunately that is not the case for me.

Thanks much in advance.

If you already have a mission going on just add what you want to add using MCC and then select to save only the MCC objects and not all in the save menu.

Save this output into a new mission file as "test.sqm" and open your original mission with the editor then use the merge feature.

Does MCC mod version need some changes to a mission files so that it can use mission generator? Or is it completely standalone, in that it can generate extra missions in old missions that have no customisations to support mcc ?

Also, are there any plans to update the current documentation ?

The MCC mission generator will work in any map or mission with the expectation that some maps will requires you to create a zone first.

A full documentation will most likely be made once I'll finish what I'm doing right now.

@shay_gman,

PM me with the mission.sqm file I'll check it out.

Hey Shay, I'm getting mcc_fnc_login does not exist when I try to login the mcc, any idea why?

Hey Shay, Thanks for all your work on MCC (Its Invaluable to me). I just wanted to know if there was a way of disabling the delete body function in the MCC addon version as it deletes players bodies immediately, which means teammates cannot retrieve any equipment etc.

Thanks again

Hey Shay,

Been using MCC for months now for our operations, one small feature request if I may for a future release; 'the ability to silently use the mission generator without a dialog pop up for the players'. I would be most ecstatic having an ability like that.

HI shay is there a way to make the whole map a zone and create 3 mssion over the whole map if i create 3 mission even in a huge zone mcc places t hem next to eachother ?

Hey Shay, I'm getting mcc_fnc_login does not exist when I try to login the mcc, any idea why?

have you tried buying the game?!

Hey Shay, Thanks for all your work on MCC (Its Invaluable to me). I just wanted to know if there was a way of disabling the delete body function in the MCC addon version as it deletes players bodies immediately, which means teammates cannot retrieve any equipment etc.

Thanks again

Yeah I've updated it for the next version release it will be optional in mission settings.

Hey Shay,

Been using MCC for months now for our operations, one small feature request if I may for a future release; 'the ability to silently use the mission generator without a dialog pop up for the players'. I would be most ecstatic having an ability like that.

Yeah sure i'll add an option to disable it in the mission generator window.

HI shay is there a way to make the whole map a zone and create 3 mssion over the whole map if i create 3 mission even in a huge zone mcc places t hem next to eachother ?

The distance between objectives is decided by the amount of players selected and the type of mission CQB missions will be generated in smaller area by nature - but you can generate 3 missions with 1 objective each so they will be far apart from each other .

Yeah MCC mod version and mission version are always up to date together. If you are using the mod version and a mission that is already have Zeus in it you most likely don't connect to the MCC zeus and that is why you don't have the extra init lines.

Most likely VTS connect you to another Zeus instance and not the MCC one. The mcc zeus called "MCC_curator"

The workshop is outdated and will be updated soon.

The mod version is working you should read the forum regarding how to install and lunch mods.

If you already have a mission going on just add what you want to add using MCC and then select to save only the MCC objects and not all in the save menu.

Save this output into a new mission file as "test.sqm" and open your original mission with the editor then use the merge feature.

The MCC mission generator will work in any map or mission with the expectation that some maps will requires you to create a zone first.

A full documentation will most likely be made once I'll finish what I'm doing right now.

PM me with the mission.sqm file I'll check it out.

I sent a PM with the SQM file for you.