shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

GAIA units use smoke. They use it (chance of) when a group has suffered casualties. So if you see groups use smoke that did not have casualties, that is not gaia. If you hold multiple mods throwing smokes then it might lead to excessive use. There is currently not an option to disable it, but i can easily provide such an option in next release. Shorter said: yes gaia uses smoke, but please take a look at other mods also. The combination might be the problem.

Did you ever put this feature in so that you can disable GAIA using smoke grenades? It breaks immersion when aggressors use smoke which is a big deal for me.

Edited by abdecken

Is it possible to save missions that are ongoing on a dedicated server? i tried the both saving options and they reported that they copied to my clipboard but will not paste anything.

I Just watched Jesters First Ranger Ops mission using MCC. Looks freaking amazing.

Huh? That wasn't my question LOL. Once I have place it, how do I delete it or move it? I don't mind if it's 'virtual' LOL.

Well that was the answer – because it is virtual you can't really control it. I can make that replacing it will restart the circling all over again in a new position.

Did you ever put this feature in so that you can disable GAIA using smoke grenades? It breaks immersion when aggressors use smoke which is a big deal for me.

Why aggressors don't use smoke grenades?! We'll check this out maybe add a variable to disable AI smoke grenades.

Is it possible to save missions that are ongoing on a dedicated server? i tried the both saving options and they reported that they copied to my clipboard but will not paste anything.

BIS disabled the save to clipboard on MP – so no. You can always save to profile.

I Just watched Jesters First Ranger Ops mission using MCC. Looks freaking amazing.

Thanks

If saved to profile can i retrieve that information on my server or on my client so i can make a new sqm?

If saved to profile can i retrieve that information on my server or on my client so i can make a new sqm?

Save to profile - well, it saves to profile - client.

So if you are playing on a server save to profile, then open a local host session then load if from profile and then save it to SQM.

Why would they carry them and not use ? I assume you can just remove the smoke from their inventory with a little bit bit of init code.

{ if (getText (configFile>>"cfgMagazines">>"ammo") isKindOf "SmokeShell") then {removeMagazine _x} } forEach magazines this

Edited by Robalo

I'm not sure if the mod is working correctly. I get all kinds of black popups with codes in the middle of the screen, in game and in mcc gui. Msg like this "...his select 1 --((mcc_keybinds select 1) Error zero divisor

That shouldnt be there, or?

Started using your mod with friends for dynamical coop gameplays and it's great so far!

But I have little question about zones, when I don't want to use it anymore or whatever, is there any way to delete it?

Also little bug report:

When I try to secure subject (HVT) it does nothing just some error with _action(I have showing script errors enabled).

Also when I delete all units(mostly garrison) save it as mission in user profile, reload it, units spawn in zone again.

But it is really great mod :) don't know why I haven't used it in A2 :confused:

I'm not sure if the mod is working correctly. I get all kinds of black popups with codes in the middle of the screen, in game and in mcc gui. Msg like this "...his select 1 --((mcc_keybinds select 1) Error zero divisor

That shouldnt be there, or?

Nope just define the key bindings in the login menu and this should solve it.

Started using your mod with friends for dynamical coop gameplays and it's great so far!

But I have little question about zones, when I don't want to use it anymore or whatever, is there any way to delete it?

Also little bug report:

When I try to secure subject (HVT) it does nothing just some error with _action(I have showing script errors enabled).

Also when I delete all units(mostly garrison) save it as mission in user profile, reload it, units spawn in zone again.

But it is really great mod :) don't know why I haven't used it in A2 :confused:

How do you delete the units?

Did the player securing the hostage has MCC runing?

How do you delete the units?

Did the player securing the hostage has MCC runing?

Yes, I was runing MCC, also hosted session.

Well, I am not really sure. Dunno if it was with Zeus or MCC. But most of them were dead.

Yep, GAIA controlls will be in next or the release after that. Handing over the variables to shay today or tomorrow. So then it needs a gui thingy and should be there.

You will get control over:

- caching distance

- Ambient usage (flares/smoke) on/off

- Ambient usasge chance (often, normal, rare) (so how often is smoke used -> when conditions are met) It basicly rolls a dice

- If NON gaia controlled units can be used for attacks (default has always been off, but now you can put it on ) If used on true, all units on the map can be used by gaia to support her cause.

- Response ranges for footmobiles, vehicles and air units (what is their max distance to be used in attacks, so how far out do they support gaia in attacks)

- Mortar/artillery resting periods (how much time should there be between a mortar strike and its next strike on a NEW conflict area)

- Resting time for transport vehicles (how long should vehicles wait before they can do another service request for gaia to transport troops).

And probably more will join over time. All done to give you full support.

Edited by spirit6

@Spirit - great stuff - thanks

BIS disabled the save to clipboard on MP – so no. You can always save to profile.

Save to profile - well, it saves to profile - client.

So if you are playing on a server save to profile, then open a local host session then load if from profile and then save it to SQM.

I tried making a Base on my dedicated server then saved it with the MCC profile option. Next i started a new editor (local) map and tried loading the MCC profile. Nothing was added to the new map, none of the objects or players.

Is it possible to add jamming function to backpacks?

I really love the ied part of MCC and i would love to try it with my Thor3 backpack.

Hello Shay's community!

I want to do my own presets. I have the mod version. Now the question is how. Can somebody help me?

I want these:

,['Box: Infantry', 'init_handle = _this execVM "MEU\infantry.sqf";']
,['Box: ACE', 'init_handle = _this execVM "MEU\ace.sqf";']
,['Box: Recruit', 'init_handle = _this execVM "MEU\recruit.sqf";']

I've tried already change it in init.sqf but it not the way probably ;)

Thanks you for all future respondes.

Me and my mate have been using your mod for quite some time, awesome mod and thanks for making it by the way, but we've run into an issue.

When ever I want to spawn something from the "Helicopter" tab, it drops down into a black tab with nothing selectable, same with the motorcycle tab.

I've got other mods installed with "Play with Six", I've tried removing all my currently installed mods except MCC to no avail. Obi-Wan, you are my only hope. :P

Regards,

Barton.

EDIT1: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/571149430028196503/45276DA44E92032D147897C64914DB3CD4CE6E43/ (523 kB)

I am having the same trouble with the helicopters not appearing in the MCC editor too. I do not know if it is a mod that is interfering with it but helicopters do not appear in the spawn menu for any faction. Will post any updates when I remive some mods.

>>>UPDATE<<<

I believe I found the reason for the bug that Barton and I are encountering and I think it is due to the new Helicopter Flight Model DLC, which has been released in the development build already but not the Stable build.

Steps to recreate:

1. Update Arma 3 to latest Dev Build in Steam

2. Create a mission or run a Scenario

3. Login to MCC and try to place a Helo in the 3D editor, it should now show the black screen Barton was referring to

Since the DLC is not in the Stable branch, it could be fixed on its own, but I have a feeling it won't and will be something like the 1.24 sound problems.

Thanks for reading my feedback and keep up the awesome work with my #1 favorite mod!

Edited by distractor2004
Source of Possible Helicopter Bug due to Development Build Helo Flight Model DLC

Hey uhm, I can't be arsed to look trough some 200 pages, so if any of you guys could help me out, is there a way to save a players gear (uniform, contents of the vest, backpack and all) in MCC? I saw some option saying "save" but I'm thinking that's saving the whole environment, correct me if I'm wrong. Aight, that'd be all mates.

-Regards,

Deny.

I tried making a Base on my dedicated server then saved it with the MCC profile option. Next i started a new editor (local) map and tried loading the MCC profile. Nothing was added to the new map, none of the objects or players.

Can you save anything to your profile? maybe the path folder is read only?

Is it possible to add jamming function to backpacks?

I really love the ied part of MCC and i would love to try it with my Thor3 backpack.

Yes we can.

I am having the same trouble with the helicopters not appearing in the MCC editor too. I do not know if it is a mod that is interfering with it but helicopters do not appear in the spawn menu for any faction. Will post any updates when I remive some mods.

>>>UPDATE<<<

I believe I found the reason for the bug that Barton and I are encountering and I think it is due to the new Helicopter Flight Model DLC, which has been released in the development build already but not the Stable build.

Steps to recreate:

1. Update Arma 3 to latest Dev Build in Steam

2. Create a mission or run a Scenario

3. Login to MCC and try to place a Helo in the 3D editor, it should now show the black screen Barton was referring to

Since the DLC is not in the Stable branch, it could be fixed on its own, but I have a feeling it won't and will be something like the 1.24 sound problems.

Thanks for reading my feedback and keep up the awesome work with my #1 favorite mod!

Thanks i'll check the dev build.

Also is it just me or the little vehicles pictures in the combobox are not showing anymore?

Hey uhm, I can't be arsed to look trough some 200 pages, so if any of you guys could help me out, is there a way to save a players gear (uniform, contents of the vest, backpack and all) in MCC? I saw some option saying "save" but I'm thinking that's saving the whole environment, correct me if I'm wrong. Aight, that'd be all mates.

-Regards,

Deny.

MCC got built in gear save so you can save your gear after resawpn (in mission settings) but you can't save gear templates as in VAS.

Thanks i'll check the dev build.

Also is it just me or the little vehicles pictures in the combobox are not showing anymore?

Combobox? Is that the dropdown menu for the vanilla Editor or a part of MCC? I will be glad to verify if I'm seeing any pics on my system.

Yep, GAIA controlls will be in next or the release after that. Handing over the variables to shay today or tomorrow. So then it needs a gui thingy and should be there.

You will get control over:

- caching distance

- Ambient usage (flares/smoke) on/off

- Ambient usasge chance (often, normal, rare) (so how often is smoke used -> when conditions are met) It basicly rolls a dice

- If NON gaia controlled units can be used for attacks (default has always been off, but now you can put it on ) If used on true, all units on the map can be used by gaia to support her cause.

- Response ranges for footmobiles, vehicles and air units (what is their max distance to be used in attacks, so how far out do they support gaia in attacks)

- Mortar/artillery resting periods (how much time should there be between a mortar strike and its next strike on a NEW conflict area)

- Resting time for transport vehicles (how long should vehicles wait before they can do another service request for gaia to transport troops).

And probably more will join over time. All done to give you full support.

Morning Spirit, Shay do we have any idea when this epic build will be released :yay:

Thanks Tango

Edited by daneplant

Combobox? Is that the dropdown menu for the vanilla Editor or a part of MCC? I will be glad to verify if I'm seeing any pics on my system.

The dropdown menu in MCC as in the Spawn tab when you choose vehicle you should see a little picture of the vehilce before its name - for some reason I can't see them anymore.

Morning Spirit, Shay do we have any idea when this epic build will be released :yay:

Thanks Tango

Soon most likely in a day or two.

The dropdown menu in MCC as in the Spawn tab when you choose vehicle you should see a little picture of the vehilce before its name - for some reason I can't see them anymore.

BIS broke something. I just tried VTS, that has also such dropdown menu, without any addon : icons are gone...