shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Time to get back to work so take a breath as this is going to be a long one…

hi i found a few bugs in rc 7, at least i think they are bugs

i cant place markers anymore via MCC.

ALT+LC is now again the 3d mcc editor instad of the Zeus Editor (bug ?)

Cargo menu in Zeus glitch when monitor ratio is 16:9.

Keep up your great Work.

I'll check the marker stuff and the screen ratio.

The Alr+LmC is by choice the MCC 3D editor. You can open Zeus from the designated button in the 3D editor or the left hand buttons in MCC.

@shay_gman

The convoy system seems a little bugged. If I spawn a convoy, then reset I get stuck in the convoy placement mode. If i then try to do another action like spawn units, it still thinks I'm placing convoy waypoints.

Yes you need to finish placing all the 5 waypoints when pressing "reset" before you can use the map again.

Hi shay_gman

"- Added: Change object name, Init line and MCC's init presets are now availabe in Zeus when editing a unit. "

why can't change object name or init line using the r7 version and Zeus GUI?

Great work!

Most likely you have made your own Zeus by placing the Zeus modules. Don't do that. Just run MCC as it handle the Zeus modules and you'll have it.

Hi, well all I can say is WOW!! I have spent the last 4 days going through ALL 222 pages of posts, some of which will turn out to be very useful. This mod is just unbelievable, I have spent all of about 30 minutes inside MCC but the last 4+ days reading all about it. I cant wait to get my teeth into this baby. I did cut and paste a lot of posts I though would be relevant into a .doc but some I missed and now need your help. I have started and placed some units - around stratis airport. I started with basic map i started in editor with some troops on cycle way points, nothing too exciting. I have opened with MCC and added a lot of vehicles both empty and populated. I saved all to SQM, went back into the editor to see if everything was still there and it was just as I had made it in MCC. Now I have come back to MCC and for some reason all units are fine, I can select and edit, but I cant select any of the vehicles I placed both empty one and manned ones. I can select them via MCC and give basic way points but I cannot select them in Zeus or anything like that. Any ideas what i am doing. I am using the mod version on my own map so not a template one.

Also can anyone recommend a good revive to use on my map. Apart from not being able to select my vehicles everything else seem to be running really well.

Oh, also Shay and Spirit a donation coming your way. I really appreciate this mod and your ongoing and very quick support for it. I hope my financial contribution helps. Regards.

You need to add units to Zeus by scripting you can read about it by using the forum's search as Zeus will not be able to control anything he haven't been ordered to control.

Shay I think I found a bug or limitation when using Zeus instead of the 3d editor.

When adding item in the inventory of vehicles these are only visible to me and not to other players in game.

That is something that happen with "vanilla Zeus" too when I added objects these are not seeing but the rest of the clients.

I'm using the mission version of MCC and not the mod.

Regards.

I'll check that out most likely I've missed something with locality.

Hi!

MCC is the best addons what I ever have.

but MCC still got a teleport problem.

If i spawn a car and while we using it, suddenly its teleport back to its first spawn place

not just a car, all vehicles teleport at the same time to its first spawn place.

Thanks for the mission file I'll check it out.

More questions to help us pinpoint the issue:

1. Was that on SP/MP or Dedicated MP.

2. Is this effecting only empty spawned vehicles or all vehicles?

3. Is this effecting only vehicles spawned on the 2D editor or vehicles spawned with MCC or both?

Shay or spirit,

I have found an issue between MCC(mod version) and spunfins ai spawn script.

More specifically,one of his scripts which calls a helo in full of units which paradrop to the player or on an object or marker wont work with MCC.

In his script the helo comes from off map,flies to designated position,and drops infantry ai into the field.

With MCC mod version,the helo comes in,but the ai dont eject.Infact,using mcc to make the chopper land,i could see that there were actually no passengers in the cargo at all.

Is this something you could look into?Why would mcc be causing this?

Also on a related note,the MCC paradrop wont work correctly with spunfins script in the same mission.

result= Player as leader of AI squad ejects from helo,while ai team mates remain in cargo.

The way i got around it is to simply not be in the group,that way the ai eject as does the player and i join group as leader after.

I already posted on spunfins page,hope one of you guys could unravel the conflict.

Many thanks

I'm sorry but I can't assure that MCC will work with every script or mod out there but we doing our best to keep it generic. If will have the time we'll check it out.

I can guarantee you the ammo drop is working most likely you didn't press add before you pressed spawn.

Hey I have been using the MCC for Arma 3 lately and I have been having issues. I can't do the MCC Console nor can use the 3D editor? Is there a fix for that?

You'll have to give us a breakdown of your question as I didn't understood it. Are you playing on mod or mission version, MP/SP are you logging in and you don't have "MCC login" action? Do you have it and get access denied… give us more info.

Upon successful detonation of an IED, of explosion type: Disabling, the fire/smoke will stay persistent even through vehicle deletion. Is there any way to remove the fire/smoke effect after the IED has gone off?

Most likely the delete brush will delete it. But I'll check it out.

Hi, is it possible for 2 people to use the 3D editor at the same time? Seems to only work when 1 person is logged in to MCC.

Nope MCC is designed that way to have only one mission maker. You can use Zeus parallel to MCC.

Hey thanks for the recent update! It seems to be working correctly now, no lag in 3D Editor. I do however have another problem that is bugging me. I make all my missions with MCC & Zeus, like building FOB's etc. I can build them fine when I am on my own hosted server but I seem to have a problem when on a dedicated server. I am trying to build a base with another player but when I go to press "save all" it says nothing and drops my frames to 10 FPS. I also try the save clipboard option and same deal, nothing gets saved. It only happens on a dedicated server and I am wondering if there is a fix for that or just not possible to do. I know that going from client Arma 3 to server Arma 3 is different in some cases so that might be where the problem is happening.

Here is a pastebin of the server .rpt of a bunch of errors after pressing save http://pastebin.com/NFGrSjyy

First wait until you'll get "mission saved to clipboard" message as the low FPS hints that MCC is still saving all the objects to a string. Second, you can't save from MP dedicated to sqm or clipboard as BIS disabled the save to clipboard command on dedicated servers.

Hey Shay I'am having trouble with trying to get Zeus to work with Vanilla ARMA 3 especially in the campaign (as my friend has asked me) as units won't show up and if possible is there a way to remove VAS from MCC?

Though keep up the good work and hoping to see more potential with MCC soon. :)

Zeus will not show units unless ordered to. You need to add them manually or by a foreach allunits command. Use the search to learn more about Zeus but it is not related to MCC directly.

Hi, is there a way to disable the VAS in the module version of MCC as it is overwriting my missions VAS.

Kind regards

It shouldn't overlap send me the mission file that you made please (dropBox link or something).

ISSUES WITH MCC

Lastly, are you not putting the version number of MCC anywhere on the console anymore? Used to be I could glance there to make SURE I had the latest version. I don't see it anywhere anymore.

=====

Please make the CARGO pane on Vehicles dragable, as when I look at it, more than half is off my screen and I cannot edit the contents.

Yeah I know I always forget the version number thingy.

What is your screen ratio?

Lately im been noticing some buggs at my end the helicopters dont land on the spots i order them too. and the supply drops are dropped far from where i orderd them :(

Anyone know why this is.

And shai have fun in the Netherlands best country ever :) (ps yeah i live there)

How are you ordering them to land? The supply drop distance is relevant to the amount of payloads to drop, the speed, elevation and the wind so yeah it is not that accurate (just like in RL) but it somewhere in the 500 – 1000 meters away.

PS: Netherlands?! I've been to Holland :cool:

Suggestion:

Height adjustment of objects and maybe rotation, but that's a cheeky one.

Keep up good work.

Where? When? In the save to profile/sqm? It is saving height and rotation…. :butbut:

hi

First off all this is awesome

now would please someone explain to me how do i set a the task state to succeeded after the pow is secured, same with pickable objects.

like the mission wizard does???

i'm trying to find something about it......................NOTHING...........................PLEASE HELP MEEEE

and yes i know i could change the task state manually by opening up mcc, it just doesn't feel right.

MCC tasks should be changed manually.

But you can use the Zeus one as MCC will save them and I've started working on MCC tasks that are automatically complete and can be chained (one after another, as one complete the other one will pop up) but I've left for now.

More Issues

This one is repeatable.

Go into a fresh map (set a Start Point with MCC or not it does not matter). Then place multiple Respawn points with Zeus. From here on, you will NOT get the option to pick WHERE you spawn. If the start point is not set via MCC you start in the water or the airfield. If it is, you ONLY start where it is set.

I'll check it out.

Seems like your gonna be quite busy for a bit.

No worrys if you cant look at that helo issue,but i definetly did hit add supply before attempting to drop and didnt work 100%.

Either way,it is most likely connected to spunfins script,which is a pity.

cheers anyhow

hello shay_gman

First of all I LOVE YOUR MOD. Since a few days I play zeus + mcc with friends and it is quite awesome.

Never happend to me such a pretty arma gameplay. thanks !!! :)

The possibility to save your mission is perfect, but unfortunately there are some issues.

I saved my mission (clipboard) to play it later again (load from clipboard). When I load the mission some objects were

displaced. The height of the objects that I set in zeus won't be saved also.

When I convert the mission to .sqm everything seems to be fine. But then i cant edit the objects in zeus anymore.

To Open the init line of objects in zeus, you have to double click on the object and wait a few seconds if you click just ones you get a menu where you can choose nothing.

codes that you put in the init line of units manuelly (like _this addHeadgear"anything"; ) you have to mark the written line before it will be saved -> If you don't do that, the written init code will be deleted and nothing happend to the unit.

If you can't fix it, maybe you know some tips to prevent the problem and offer it.

Generally, thanks for this mod !!!

keep it up.

greeting chrys

Edited by chrys45

A CRAZY GOOD ALTERNATIVE TO VAS

We want to try this out on our MCC Servers.

How hard would it be for us to yank out VAS and add this?

I am able to log into the MCC with my account. The 3D editor works fine with me but when it says to open console do "alt + end" Nothing happened? I watched videos and a tab should pop up when I scroll but it isn't there and I even tried to switch the bottons to something different but still doesn't work. I am using the Mod in Singleplayer.

Hey shay,

I noticed your VAS is out of date. I noticed this after reading on the new update to VAS and it is now default to 15 slots but when I have MCC on it is overriding and forcing to 10. I also tried changing the amount for my server and people without VAS got my custom number but those with MCC had ten. I also found out how to save on dedi. On my mission I use a combination of Zeus placed modules and MCC. I have a slot where it is a Zeus/player slot. I can use MCC and Zeus and for those that do not have MCC. Can have Zeus. I was trying to save in that slot but when I switched to a normal slot and used MCC's Zeus then saved and that worked. Anyway thanks for a great mod!

It seems that Forward Artillery Spotter stop to work after the first fire strike....or may be i did not understood how it works. I set a 2nd fire strike, i hear the standard message but it stops to the "splash over - splash out" message and no bombs fall from sky.

By the way, what does it mean when the cannon labels become orange colored ? Not anymore usable or whatever ?

Edited by France

I have a problem with a User Singleplayer mission "Whole Lotta Altis", this mission have a respawn script but everytime i get killed first time i respawn as another Character (for Example: start Mission-own PlayerID / after beeing killed: Kerry Smith) and i lost the ability to open MCC. Is there a command to enter again the MCC Console?

It seems that Forward Artillery Spotter stop to work after the first fire strike....or may be i did not understood how it works. I set a 2nd fire strike, i hear the standard message but it stops to the "splash over - splash out" message and no bombs fall from sky.

By the way, what does it mean when the cannon labels become orange colored ? Not anymore usable or whatever ?

I made another test with one of my clanmate. He faced no issues ! And the "Cannon" label never went orage colored. So i guess that what i thought it was an issue is indeed a mod feature and that when "cannon" labels go orange colored this means something....but what does it mean ?

hi, in this new version of mcc wehere i the box generator to create the mcc console to use the ac-130?

I'm having some issues that are probably user error, but I'm hoping someone can help me identify what I'm doing wrong.

My goal is to run a roleplay dungeons and dragons-like campagin with some guys in my group. My initial thought was that I'd use Zeus to do this, but because I can't communicate with my group via Task Force Radio as Zeus, that option won't work.

MCC looks like the perfect option. It makes creating missions beautifully simple and still allows me to play as Zeus, but again I'm having a few issues.

1. I can't get Zeus respawns to work. Perhaps this is intended, I don't know, but I want to avoid the MCC role system completely which, as I understand it, is required to use MCC respawns. If it's possible to somehow setup MCC respawns without using the role system, that'd be just fine too.

2. My Zeus doesn't seem to have any resource points. I believe I read in this thread that one shouldn't set up Zeus modules in the editor before hand (and, indeed, doing so doesn't allow MCC units to be controlled by Zeus) - but I need full, unabridged access as Zeus from MCC.

Does anyone know how I can overcome these two problems? If I can just figure those things out, MCC is literally the perfect solution to my problem.

Hi everyone.

So my problem is that when I spawn groups of AI with MCC, those are always camping and won't move even if they heard fire. I try all the different type of AI the result is the same.

Ideally i would like them to patrol the area where i make them spawn.

is there anything significant about this line of text in the rpt -

17:54:29 "my_pv: MCC REGULAR - ["","",true,true,"","",1,"NOTHING","1","MOVE",[27054.3,23284.3,0],[204.357,111.686],111.686,"CIV",B Kingpin:1 (Cpl Latour) REMOTE,4,false,false,"Cpl Latour","DEFAULT",0,[0,0,0],0,0,0]"

because my server crashes like right after it. IDK what to think, i dont think its MCC but i could be wrong. I am using alot of mods from my unit but still scratching my head as to why mcc is always the last line before crash(tested numerous times).

Simple template with 2 zones populated with 15 rifle squads per zone on opposite ends of a town. after loading i move the zones into the town overlapping each other. everythings fine until the first shot or two goes off, then the server crashes. I mean 1-2 shot, always less than 10 secs after the start of a firefight.

So my question is, why would MCC be the last line before crashing(last 2 lines actually, prob both the zones). ideas, explanation of above code?

I'm having some issues that are probably user error, but I'm hoping someone can help me identify what I'm doing wrong.

My goal is to run a roleplay dungeons and dragons-like campagin with some guys in my group. My initial thought was that I'd use Zeus to do this, but because I can't communicate with my group via Task Force Radio as Zeus, that option won't work.

I can't help you with the other two options, but I also run a RPG-ish campaign, and we use Task force radio, and I handle Zeus communication issue by having two instances of team speak open, with two different profiles. This works out pretty well actually, if you mute one, and set a shortcut to mute/unmute so you can switch between them. That way one of the instances/profiles is your 'in-game person' who uses Task force radio, and your other is your god voice who can hear everyone and talk to everyone when needed.

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble saving my missions, and was hoping someone could help me out.

Here's what I do:

-I build a mission in the editor with a squad of playable friendlies, adding MCC markers with tasks created with the mission generator.

-Click on Save/Load then Save All (SQM)

-I then paste that into a pre-existing .sqm file within a folder called Test.Takistan

-Lastly, I save this file then click on the saved mission in the editor, but it always hard locks Arma requiring me to stop the process in task manager.

Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

i need help, after i download this mcc sandbox 4, i follow the instruction how to install this addon, but allways cannot LOG in, in editor and single player or campain mission? what i miss addon other? pliss give me solution....thank (i'm sory my english so bad) :(

Is there a way to ensure your mission objectives go where you want them? I hate when I set a mission to take place in a city and it puts both objectives in the same shed in a field. Also, is there a way to get objectives to spread over the whole map without having a high player count?

Apologies if this has already been asked (TL : DR applies) - Is there a way to prevent the MCC zone markers showing on players maps? They clutter things up, obscure detail and give away things the missionmaker is trying to do in advance.

TIA

I am trying to spawn an AC 130, When I spawn it it says i can access it from console however, when I hit my MCC console bind, nothing happens. Nothing pops up on my screen. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a certain item in order to access this "MCC Console?

Any fix incoming to support more unit addons ? VTS can read the squad definition on (nearly?) all of them where MCC is having trouble with many addons.

Thx.

how can I turn off the "disable respawn"?I select that accidently but I cant turn it off

how can i turn off?

After a lot of investigation, trials and errors (mostly errors... :) ):

I found the MCC bug with unit definition.

I'll take the first cfgGroups of FSF Ennemies as an example.

Original version:

class CfgGroups {
class Indep {
name = "INDEP";

class AFR_INDEP_G {
		name = "EUP_AFR_G";
			class Infantry {
				name = "AFR_Guerilla";

class AFR_O_R_SQUAD {
				faction = "AFR_INDFOR_GUERILLEROS";
				name = "AFR Guerilla Squad";
				side = 2;

Working version:

class CfgGroups {
class Indep {
name = "INDEP";

class AFR_INDFOR_GUERILLEROS {
		name = "EUP_AFR_G";
			class Infantry {
				name = "AFR_Guerilla";

class AFR_O_R_SQUAD {
				faction = "AFR_INDFOR_GUERILLEROS";
				name = "AFR Guerilla Squad";
				side = 2;

Notice that the class after the class Indep had its name changed. In MCC (but not in VTS) it needs to be the faction name.

Solution 1: tell every unit addon creators to modify is config file to make it compatible with MCC.

Solution 2: make MCC more flexible on class architecture

FYI, same issue if the faction is not defined in the "squad" definition => working in VTS, not working in MCC.

Hi Shay/Spirit.

I've been having trouble with getting a unit pack to show up in MCC's Zeus.

The addon is definitely configured to zeus. When not using MCC, I can add it to zeus using the module. However, the script command addcuratoraddons doesn't appear to work. Since MCC already handles the zeus modules, this leaves me apparently unable to get the units into Zeus+MCC.

Any ideas?

After updating, ArmA 3 Bootcamp, the Mcc mod, using the generator mission by copying and pasting the SQF codes in mission.sqf when I try to load the mission breaks ArmA.

this happens to anyone else?

Hi shay how holland ? :)

With the new virtual armory in the game can you make the vas box in the editor go into virtual armory instead of the normal vas ?