shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi Spirit,

Is it effective to change the variables GAIA_CACHE_STAGE_1 and GAIA_CACHE_STAGE_2 to alter the distance at which groups are cached?

Thanks

Yes you can change the variables to what ever you like BUT (as always the but):

- Make sure the variable is set on server side (or send public) as the caching runs server side

- Never make the distance for caching 1 > caching 2. I have no clue what will then happen but it will in unknown results :) Caching 1 keeps the leader alive (and more stuff), caching 2 removes completely.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

So I play with a small group, and we recently went through and updated a lot of mods, trimmed the fat on others, etc, MCC included.

First off - Love MCC, great tool that lets us just drop in and do whatever crazy things we want and moving from 3 to 4 is a huge change for us.

Everything is great, but reading through the changelogs the revive script appears to have been removed. Is there a new one in we are missing, or do we need to add one? As far as adding one if so is there an easy way to go about it or are we looking at having to go through a few loops every time we use the template?

The template holds no revive script anymore. The missions files that go with the release do hold psycho revive. So download the latest release and put mission files on server (and change them to your liking).

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

In regards to the vehicle/unit teleportation issue we've been having, I have an update from another MCC controller in my unit:

Not really my area (shay stuff :P) but i go check this. If the issue is there it should not be hard to find.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Hi,

is there a problem with saving and loading a mission? Tried that a few days ago. Made a mission, built some structures, placed units and saved that. Yesterday I tried to load the mission and the slot where I saved everything was there, but nothing happened after I load the mission. Directly after saving that worked fine.

Best regards

Kai

You tell me, is there a problem with saving? I try one time myself.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Is there any way to quickly execute the mission wizard with some predefined parameters or at least modify the default parameters within the mission wizard?

I'm playing my own mission with Alive for simulating a war scenario on the entire map and my team being sent behind enemy lines to do missions generated with the MCC mission generator. Unfortunately it`s a bit of a hassle to modify the mission parameters to my liking every single time i want mcc to create one for me.

Well the wizard is there to make it quick. So to now make the wizard more quick i dunno. You suggest that wizard remembers your last settings is that it? Hope it does not piss you off but i found "it is a hassle to modify the parameters" kinda funny. I dont know if you ever made missions before but if this is to much to ask, then i promise you that you have the right tool :)

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

I would like to add to a previous post where someone mentioned that supply drop doesn't work. I've seen this many times myself going back to Arma2 versions of MCC. Sometimes it work but mostly it doesn't. I am doing the same thing all the time so I'm not doing something wrong. Usually the supply chopper will come past but will not drop anything. Are there any rules MCC is using in the logic where sometimes the supply will NOT drop? For example if the help is under fire or something like that? Not that I've ever seen the help come under fire mind you but maybe I've missed that.

Checking it tonight.

Hey shay I think you might have missed my post. You probably don't go back and reread already answered sections of the thread so I'll repost and clarify it in hopes that you see it.

My group is having minor issues with interaction between standalone VAS scripts and MCC where it seems the local mod version MCC VAS scripts overwrite the server's mission's standalone (with modified config) VAS scripts. Would it be possible to add a server side config option to disable MCC's VAS scripts so that our server side mission scripts work as we intended and players do not have full access to everything an unrestricted VAS box gives access to?

I've been having this exact problem too. I'm running the mod version of MCC and using the standalone VAS script. The MCC version seems to be overwriting the VAS standalone script configs.

Edited by Southpaw51

Hello! just a quick question. Because I couldn't find the answer in this thread after searching.

Is there a way to disable the group map markers for the friendly players and your own group as well.

I want to disable the map markers because we are doing a ground navigation trainings on our server and being able to know your position on the map just by opening the map is not to our likings. ;)

Still very busy in RL so a quick heads up and i'm sorry for being short with the answers but I do read all of your post and we are trying to fix and add the things you have reported and asked for.

Ok it is going to be a long one... but an update is almost ready and most likely will be released within 24 hours.

What I noticed in some ALiVE testing this past week is that in the ALiVE terrain tool there are 5 levels of terrain detail that I can switch around. In MCC there are only 3, and the highest one is equivalent to the 3rd one in the ALiVE tool. To me this means that MCC is missing the two higher terrain detail levels, which is one of the things(maybe the only thing) causing the floating objects issue.

Added 2 more terrain level in the upcomming version.

Could we have a bigger unzoom in the MCC windows ? On non-A3 map, the mission generator is only working on zone, not map (MapSize not defined). The issue is that it's hard to create a zone covering the whole map without the ability to see it whole.

Thx.

I'll see what I can do.

Can someone point me to the definitive installation process to get MCC working on a dedicated server?

I have admin access, and I can never see the MCC option in the scroll menu.

I have watched so many videos. I know how to use MCC locally in SP. Some people say to install the mod on the server. Some say you don't need the mod, but only a script. Some say don't use the MCC module on an MP mission.

I see no server installation information in the PDF manual. I want to create MCC missions from a custom FOB that I have created. Adding the MCC module and running the mod allows me to play locally in the editor and in singleplayer.

Is everyone that plays on an MP server that uses MCC, required to have the mod installed? I thought it generated missions on the fly without requiring all clients to have the mod.

I love the concept of MCC. It is such a great way to create dynamic missions. But I since I can't install it on the server, I never can share it with our community. If anyone can share with me this fundamental but hidden question about how to get MCC working on a dedi server, I would really appreciate it.:)

All clients should run the mod and the server too.

Hi Shay and Spirit !

I've DL and used the latest Altis files and I'm still getting some bugs:

- buggy menu scroll bars

- creating custom boxes (original content not deleted when button clear is used)

- settings from init.sqm not overriding defaults (enable MCC messages, GPS still showing units with no GPS...)

- Para drops: when dropping crates, they appear on top of the parachute or are just left in the sky.

Also when a medium to large zone is populated with AI using the garnison option the editor stops working (probably due to server load), would it be possible to spawn groups instead of individuals to garrison houses ?

I guess that's hard because of groups behaviour and formations :(

Keep up the great work !

- buggy menu scroll bars - where?

- creating custom boxes (original content not deleted when button clear is used - Thanks I'll check it out.

- settings from init.sqm not overriding defaults (enable MCC messages, GPS still showing units with no GPS...) - Mod or mission version? send me the init.sqf.

- Para drops: when dropping crates, they appear on top of the parachute or are just left in the sky - Fixed in the upcomming version.

Regarding garrison - yes it take a lot of juice out of your CPU so use with care.

Hello Shay.

Did you have a chance yet to look at those SQM's I posted? Just curious if they were of any use to you.

Yes and there will be some fixes thanks to you in the upcomming version.

I cant for the life of me figure out what im doing wrong here....Any ideas? This has been plaguing me for weeks:

http://youtu.be/STvTTYB0w_o

Also I have tried just using MCC by itself with the same issue mentioned in the video about placing objective modules.

You are trying to put a Zeus module where MCC using its own Zeus module (it is coded in MCC) do not place any Zeus module in the editor and you will be fine. If you want to add players or objects to MCC's Zeus its name is MCC_curator and you'll need some codding inorder to do that.

Seems like ambient AA or Artillery is not working, anyone can confirm this?

Thanks I'll check it out.

Bug Report: If you press Hijack with no target selected you will be returned to your player and you now have 2 MCC options. Respawn seems to fix it.

Thanks I'll check it out.

can anyboddy confirm that since the last gameupdate MCC dont save Zues stuff?

I've checked it and it does saved but only objects place with MCC's Zeus read the above comment regarding MCC_curator.

Is there any way to quickly execute the mission wizard with some predefined parameters or at least modify the default parameters within the mission wizard?

I'm playing my own mission with Alive for simulating a war scenario on the entire map and my team being sent behind enemy lines to do missions generated with the MCC mission generator. Unfortunately it`s a bit of a hassle to modify the mission parameters to my liking every single time i want mcc to create one for me.

Yes in the upcomming version MW presets will be saved to profile.

Hello again friends!

I am trying to do the following:

Have one player run MCC/Zeus, and have another player run Zeus. So basically the one in MCC can do MCC and Zeus, and the other controller can do Zeus only. I am under the impression that multiple players can be in Zeus at the same time.

I am running into problems with this and can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if MCC is blocking the other players from running Zeus if they're not logged into MCC. I can't successfully get any players to get Zeus to activate unless they're logged into MCC. Is that a MCC feature, or am I just doing something wrong trying to set Zeus up?

MCC shouldn't block other players from using Zeus are you trying adding another Zeus or just using MCC with

MacScottie assignCurator MCC_curator; 

on the server?

I would like to add to a previous post where someone mentioned that supply drop doesn't work. I've seen this many times myself going back to Arma2 versions of MCC. Sometimes it work but mostly it doesn't. I am doing the same thing all the time so I'm not doing something wrong. Usually the supply chopper will come past but will not drop anything. Are there any rules MCC is using in the logic where sometimes the supply will NOT drop? For example if the help is under fire or something like that? Not that I've ever seen the help come under fire mind you but maybe I've missed that.

Fixed in the upcomming version.

I've found a little "bug" too. Well, it's not really a bug tho. When using dynamic/random civillian spawn (like with the mission wizard) it's spawning karts in the warzone, wich to me, is a big immersion killer. Can you prevent the Karts for being spawned? I'm not a Karts DLC hater nor user but it's a bit missplaced there :p

I haven't used MCC in a long time and its abilities are getting more and more impressive. Keep up the great work :)

Fixed in the upcomming version.

Hi,

is there a problem with saving and loading a mission? Tried that a few days ago. Made a mission, built some structures, placed units and saved that. Yesterday I tried to load the mission and the slot where I saved everything was there, but nothing happened after I load the mission. Directly after saving that worked fine.

Best regards

Kai

In general there is a new saving feature that might behave strange (i'll do my best to fix bug reports) but if it worked for you two days ago it should work now unless a new version came in the middle or new addon.

In regards to the vehicle/unit teleportation issue we've been having, I have an update from another MCC controller in my unit:

I still can't really undersand what is going on and I don't even have the slight idea how MCC can make this if i'm getting it right (every thing reset on JIP) but i've seen MCC doing some strange stuff before so if you can send me the file or upload a video showing what and when is the problem and I promise to do my best investigating it.

So I play with a small group, and we recently went through and updated a lot of mods, trimmed the fat on others, etc, MCC included.

First off - Love MCC, great tool that lets us just drop in and do whatever crazy things we want and moving from 3 to 4 is a huge change for us.

Everything is great, but reading through the changelogs the revive script appears to have been removed. Is there a new one in we are missing, or do we need to add one? As far as adding one if so is there an easy way to go about it or are we looking at having to go through a few loops every time we use the template?

Yes revive script on the mod version templates have been removed. Feel free to put any revive mod you want as it is not MCC main goal.

Hello! just a quick question. Because I couldn't find the answer in this thread after searching.

Is there a way to disable the group map markers for the friendly players and your own group as well.

I want to disable the map markers because we are doing a ground navigation trainings on our server and being able to know your position on the map just by opening the map is not to our likings. ;)

Group marker are part of the mission version it is comming from the F3 framework. If you'll use the mod version you won't have markers more to that you can edit the mission version mission init file and disable some of the F3 features.

Hi,

i tested this mod several hours but i had a view problems,

1. If i do a parachute with a ai group or an other player in my group, i'am the only one who is jumping out of the heli, the others stay in the heli until he disappears.

2. If i place a start location and then press "enable roles" the mission fails instantly and the Roles selection appears, but after a view seconds i will thrown to the debriefing window and the mission ends.

(inidbi is working loaded)

How can i fix this?

Thanks for your help.

EidEchse

Hey guys!

Not a bug report but strictly a request :D

A. In the reinforcements you have only vehicles.. And chance you could add on foot?

B. Ambush.

Can you maybe add an ambush script? nothing fancy just IED and around it not too far inf lying down waiting?

Because right now I place an IED and then have a trigger spawn inf or inf reinforcements (that is why I want the on foot reinforcements :) )

Also want to take the chance to once again say THANK YOU for this fucking awesome mod/tool!

Edited by GoodKnight

First I'll start by saying sorry I didn't made up my promise about 24 hours release. I had a time frame but it didn't last and now I have zero time again until next weekend.

Hi,

i tested this mod several hours but i had a view problems,

1. If i do a parachute with a ai group or an other player in my group, i'am the only one who is jumping out of the heli, the others stay in the heli until he disappears.

2. If i place a start location and then press "enable roles" the mission fails instantly and the Roles selection appears, but after a view seconds i will thrown to the debriefing window and the mission ends.

(inidbi is working loaded)

How can i fix this?

Thanks for your help.

EidEchse

1. Strange, regarding the other player does he run MCC? Are you testing it on local host or dedicated server.

2. Regarding roles are you using the mission or the mod version if the mod what mission you use as a template?

Hey guys!

Not a bug report but strictly a request :D

A. In the reinforcements you have only vehicles.. And chance you could add on foot?

B. Ambush.

Can you maybe add an ambush script? nothing fancy just IED and around it not too far inf lying down waiting?

Because right now I place an IED and then have a trigger spawn inf or inf reinforcements (that is why I want the on foot reinforcements :) )

Also want to take the chance to once again say THANK YOU for this fucking awesome mod/tool!

A. You don't need anything fancy for infantry reinforcement just make another zone about 700 meters away from the OP spawn some infantry in it using GAIA aggressive behavior they will come to aid if the guys in the OP got hammered.

B. You mean like the one there is in the IED section? Place an IED, place an ambush group (hold and drag to the point where you want them to move to after the IED took off) then hold shift and press and draw a line from the ambush group to the IED and you go an ambush. You can daisy chain more IEDs or ambushes this way.

Hi,

1. yes, the other player is running MCC.

2. I'am testing on an local host with the template mission.

First I'll start by saying sorry I didn't made up my promise about 24 hours release. I had a time frame but it didn't last and now I have zero time again until next weekend.

1. Strange, regarding the other player does he run MCC? Are you testing it on local host or dedicated server.

2. Regarding roles are you using the mission or the mod version if the mod what mission you use as a template?

A. You don't need anything fancy for infantry reinforcement just make another zone about 700 meters away from the OP spawn some infantry in it using GAIA aggressive behavior they will come to aid if the guys in the OP got hammered.

B. You mean like the one there is in the IED section? Place an IED, place an ambush group (hold and drag to the point where you want them to move to after the IED took off) then hold shift and press and draw a line from the ambush group to the IED and you go an ambush. You can daisy chain more IEDs or ambushes this way.

Yeah about B I noticed when I messed around with the IED function hence I used the example :D

and about A good to know! I've tried messing around with the second zone close by but they don't always join in the fun.. I guess I can also use a trigger and if east not present spawn some inf on aggressive just outside the AO :) Dude your mod is fucking awesome!

Hi Shay,

I have an idea -it would be nice to have a possibility to choose a CIV faction in the mission generator. Suicide bombers and armed civilians are great concept but on the other hand armed surfers on Hazar-Kot are big immersive killer;)

@shay_gman

I'm trying to use MCC mod with another revive scripts but I've problem.

I know that you're programming only MCC but I'd like to ask you if in the MCC there are some particular modifications about the respawn system.

To use other revive scripts I've deleted all the calls to the revive script provided with MCC so I'm quite sure that there are no interferences.

In a simple way: have the revive scripters know something that could be interesting for them? I'm thinking about respawn, unit damage system ecc...

Thanks in advance

I am trying to get the respawning to work. I spawn a group, set their respawns and see R-999 but when they all die, they dont respawn. Any advice? Thanks

I am trying to make a few spawn points of enemies and have them attack a town that you defend and have it be endless waves

Hello, I have a question about Zeus in MCC, what is the name of the Game Master in MCC? I want to edit placed objects with Zeus but I need the name to use this:

{zeus addCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true]} forEach thislist;

Thanks.

@shay_gman

I'm trying to use MCC mod with another revive scripts but I've problem.

I know that you're programming only MCC but I'd like to ask you if in the MCC there are some particular modifications about the respawn system.

To use other revive scripts I've deleted all the calls to the revive script provided with MCC so I'm quite sure that there are no interferences.

In a simple way: have the revive scripters know something that could be interesting for them? I'm thinking about respawn, unit damage system ecc...

Thanks in advance

If you are using the mod there are no references to a revive script only in the mission version.

Now if you are indeed using the mod and not the mission version and you put together a mission template with a revive that is working MCC should handle it. The only problem is with revive scripts that are using onRespawn event handler and with the role selection. I recommend using the A3 wounding system by Psycho as it dosen't let the unit actually die but feel free to use whatever you like.

I am trying to get the respawning to work. I spawn a group, set their respawns and see R-999 but when they all die, they dont respawn. Any advice? Thanks

I am trying to make a few spawn points of enemies and have them attack a town that you defend and have it be endless waves

Is this on MP or SP dedi or not. Best is to send me the saved to clipboard output.

Hello, I have a question about Zeus in MCC, what is the name of the Game Master in MCC? I want to edit placed objects with Zeus but I need the name to use this:

{zeus addCuratorEditableObjects [[_x],true]} forEach thislist;

Thanks.

The name is MCC_curator

Is this on MP or SP dedi or not. Best is to send me the saved to clipboard output.

MP dedicated server. I will see what else I can get you later, thanks!

- buggy menu scroll bars - where?

- settings from init.sqm not overriding defaults (enable MCC messages, GPS still showing units with no GPS...) - Mod or mission version? send me the init.sqf.

• buggy scroll bars: in cargo stuff sometimes but mainly in player list
  • Mission version, I've mixed the ini.sqf with my mission one... but after testing it seems to do it from the original one in your mission files too.

I normally create a simple starting scenario in the 2D editor. Then I launch it as a multiplayer game of just using the preview button. I then add stuff using MCC like a starting position, enemy units and zones etc. I then save the MCC stuff to a text document.

Once I am ready to play the scenario I load the MCC stuff from my saved text file.

This way I can load different missions from the same starting point depending on the text file I chose to load.

This was working fine but since I downloaded the latest version this is not working.

The information is displayed in Save/Load as a single line. If I copy this or press save to clipboard and save it as a text file then try to reload it, I just get a black screen with Loading Mission in the middle.

All I can do is escape out.

I suspect something is not being copied when I copy it to the clipboard but not sure what or why.

Can someone explain to me how to add a mobile HQ, which factories can be built from and units can be purchased from the perspective factories?

I could get the respawn to work fine on a listen server. As soon as I switched to dedicated, they would not respawn. The pastebin is the same for the listen/dedicated server. Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/2ZDXzUEY

I normally create a simple starting scenario in the 2D editor. Then I launch it as a multiplayer game of just using the preview button. I then add stuff using MCC like a starting position, enemy units and zones etc. I then save the MCC stuff to a text document.

Once I am ready to play the scenario I load the MCC stuff from my saved text file.

This way I can load different missions from the same starting point depending on the text file I chose to load.

This was working fine but since I downloaded the latest version this is not working.

The information is displayed in Save/Load as a single line. If I copy this or press save to clipboard and save it as a text file then try to reload it, I just get a black screen with Loading Mission in the middle.

All I can do is escape out.

I suspect something is not being copied when I copy it to the clipboard but not sure what or why.

There was a report that saving a VAS crate break the save function. Can you confirm?

I could get the respawn to work fine on a listen server. As soon as I switched to dedicated, they would not respawn. The pastebin is the same for the listen/dedicated server. Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/2ZDXzUEY

Ok thanks i'll check it out.

There was a report that saving a VAS crate break the save function. Can you confirm?

That was my report.. and it seems like this error is at least very similiar. Same symptom, just one single line in the save/load window....

My save/load on dedicated server (MCC mission version) is totally unusable too, I think it may also have happened after a VAS crate save attempt !

• saved profiles = single line with only a few useless parameters.
  • saving to clipboard does nothing
  • saving in D.O.C. seems to save part of the mission spawned items/units but doesn't load anything

@Shay: I have a test server running 24/7 and you have full admin rights including MCC access, contact me if you want to check it there !