shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hello Shay.

Did you have a chance yet to look at those SQM's I posted? Just curious if they were of any use to you.

I cant for the life of me figure out what im doing wrong here....Any ideas? This has been plaguing me for weeks:

http://youtu.be/STvTTYB0w_o

Also I have tried just using MCC by itself with the same issue mentioned in the video about placing objective modules.

What I noticed in some ALiVE testing this past week is that in the ALiVE terrain tool there are 5 levels of terrain detail that I can switch around. In MCC there are only 3, and the highest one is equivalent to the 3rd one in the ALiVE tool. To me this means that MCC is missing the two higher terrain detail levels, which is one of the things(maybe the only thing) causing the floating objects issue.

MCC has indeed 3 levels of terrain detail, which are set by 'setTerrainGrid' command:

"No grass" = 50

"Medium grass" = 25

"High grass" = 12.5

Yet the wiki https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setTerrainGrid mentions a value of '10' seems to be used for MP games in ArmA3, which is higher density terriain detail then default MCC 'high grass setting".

I will run a test later today with

MCC_grass_array = [["No grass",50],["Medium grass",25], ["High grass",12.5], ["MP 1 terrain",10], ["MP 2 terrain",7.5], ["MP 3 terrain",5]];

(if you paste the above in MCC Debug and trigger on all systems it will be available to test immediately)

Seems like ambient AA or Artillery is not working, anyone can confirm this?

Bug Report: If you press Hijack with no target selected you will be returned to your player and you now have 2 MCC options. Respawn seems to fix it.

I've searched, maybe I miss something: Is there a way to use Gaia without MCC?

Nevermind. I made it.

Edited by Gersen

MCC has indeed 3 levels of terrain detail, which are set by 'setTerrainGrid' command:

"No grass" = 50

"Medium grass" = 25

"High grass" = 12.5

Yet the wiki https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setTerrainGrid mentions a value of '10' seems to be used for MP games in ArmA3, which is higher density terriain detail then default MCC 'high grass setting".

I will run a test later today with

MCC_grass_array = [["No grass",50],["Medium grass",25], ["High grass",12.5], ["MP 1 terrain",10], ["MP 2 terrain",7.5], ["MP 3 terrain",5]];

(if you paste the above in MCC Debug and trigger on all systems it will be available to test immediately)

I forgot to add to what I had said that the level 5 terrain detail in ALiVE brings the terrain all the way "back up" so there are no floating objects, but the level 3(high) in MCC still has objects floating up to 20-30ft in the air from some distances/angles.

can anyboddy confirm that since the last gameupdate MCC dont save Zues stuff?

hey guys,

MCC is just perfect, love this tool to build the map in Altis life !

Ive one problem, i hope u can help me.

How can i add "nodamage" for the objects with "?" on the map?

Thanks for help! :)

Regards

hey guys,

MCC is just perfect, love this tool to build the map in Altis life !

Ive one problem, i hope u can help me.

How can i add "nodamage" for the objects with "?" on the map?

Thanks for help! :)

Regards

put this in the init field of the object:

this allowdamage false;

(edit: you can do that after saving it to sqm and finding it in notepad++ or after going back into the editor... but you probably already know that?)

put this in the init field of the object:

this allowdamage false;

(edit: you can do that after saving it to sqm and finding it in notepad++ or after going back into the editor... but you probably already know that?)

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. If i put this command to Init, the object remove and another objects spawn(i think because the real object is a different class) :confused:

hmmm ok... You could try doing it through the mission.sqm and finding the object that way then adding "this allowdamage false;" to it but it is a bit more complicated. Otherwise, try the cjtf101 editor addon if you don't want to get into coding too much.

yeah coding is not mine! :P

ill try this addon, but can i combine cjtf101 editor with MCC and Zeus? ^^

i need to work with the 3D Editor, maybe someone other can help me out with the nodamage problem?

regards

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

ok THANKS @Rath

cjtf101 + MCC + Zeus = BEST COMBO for Arma 3 3D Editor :bounce3:

thanks for help!!

Regards

Is there any way to quickly execute the mission wizard with some predefined parameters or at least modify the default parameters within the mission wizard?

I'm playing my own mission with Alive for simulating a war scenario on the entire map and my team being sent behind enemy lines to do missions generated with the MCC mission generator. Unfortunately it`s a bit of a hassle to modify the mission parameters to my liking every single time i want mcc to create one for me.

I cant for the life of me figure out what im doing wrong here....Any ideas? This has been plaguing me for weeks:

Also I have tried just using MCC by itself with the same issue mentioned in the video about placing objective modules.

hi

is depend on how to use mcc .mission version or mod version

if you use mod version go to editor place only you player and playable unit (group) and that it

preview for use zeus you need to logon first on mcc

and edit with mcc or zeus can be save and see on zeus

enjoy

Hello again friends!

I am trying to do the following:

Have one player run MCC/Zeus, and have another player run Zeus. So basically the one in MCC can do MCC and Zeus, and the other controller can do Zeus only. I am under the impression that multiple players can be in Zeus at the same time.

I am running into problems with this and can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if MCC is blocking the other players from running Zeus if they're not logged into MCC. I can't successfully get any players to get Zeus to activate unless they're logged into MCC. Is that a MCC feature, or am I just doing something wrong trying to set Zeus up?

I would like to add to a previous post where someone mentioned that supply drop doesn't work. I've seen this many times myself going back to Arma2 versions of MCC. Sometimes it work but mostly it doesn't. I am doing the same thing all the time so I'm not doing something wrong. Usually the supply chopper will come past but will not drop anything. Are there any rules MCC is using in the logic where sometimes the supply will NOT drop? For example if the help is under fire or something like that? Not that I've ever seen the help come under fire mind you but maybe I've missed that.

Hy

i've got an issue with the last patch maybe.

when i hijack a unit in a group and then i go back to the Player the "hijacking" unit is no longer a member of his group .....(i thouht it was fixed by shay)

don't know if i'm clear ?

other thing when you take controle by this way of a group leader you can't set action or waypoint with the console after .you can draw way point but the group don't move....

sorry but a bit tired

I've found a little "bug" too. Well, it's not really a bug tho. When using dynamic/random civillian spawn (like with the mission wizard) it's spawning karts in the warzone, wich to me, is a big immersion killer. Can you prevent the Karts for being spawned? I'm not a Karts DLC hater nor user but it's a bit missplaced there :p

I haven't used MCC in a long time and its abilities are getting more and more impressive. Keep up the great work :)

Got some more time now. Checking the board now. Next gaia video next week.

Hi,

is there a problem with saving and loading a mission? Tried that a few days ago. Made a mission, built some structures, placed units and saved that. Yesterday I tried to load the mission and the slot where I saved everything was there, but nothing happened after I load the mission. Directly after saving that worked fine.

Best regards

Kai

In regards to the vehicle/unit teleportation issue we've been having, I have an update from another MCC controller in my unit:

I seen on alpha that every time a person joined the server the time set back to what it was before the change.

My last op I had every vehicle I MCC in teleport back to the spawn point and I was beamed back to where I made the civilian that i roleplayed as when someone lost connection and reconnected.

3-14 for me when I had to give all of for force recon civilians to log into , they beamed back every time someone tryed to join the server ( ended up crashing the server)

I may have an idea that every time someone connect to the server. Or maybe a addon a certain person runs when they connect to the server. It resets MCC spawned units back to where they are ( and sets time back back as well)

Hi Spirit,

Is it effective to change the variables GAIA_CACHE_STAGE_1 and GAIA_CACHE_STAGE_2 to alter the distance at which groups are cached?

Thanks

So I play with a small group, and we recently went through and updated a lot of mods, trimmed the fat on others, etc, MCC included.

First off - Love MCC, great tool that lets us just drop in and do whatever crazy things we want and moving from 3 to 4 is a huge change for us.

Everything is great, but reading through the changelogs the revive script appears to have been removed. Is there a new one in we are missing, or do we need to add one? As far as adding one if so is there an easy way to go about it or are we looking at having to go through a few loops every time we use the template?