shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Question I noticed when spawning a convey if there are transport vehicles they are full (also in the back) with inf.

So how can I spawn a regular truck full with inf? Other than the driver etc?

Thanks!

This is the most awesome tool I have EVER seen!

Please make sure you actually select them. The names should turn blue when selected.

Yes. An example: we were 5 in my team, I could teleport 4 of them. One I couldn't teleport or halo. This happen everytime with some player.

This disn't happen before th r4 versione.

Shay and company:

First of all I'd like to say great work with MCC. My group has been using it religiously since ARMA2, and we continue to use it in ARMA3.

My unit is an infantry platoon and we do not have any air assets available to us, so we've been using your EVAC system with AI Pilots. It was always great for our needs up until a few releases ago. Now the pilots behavior seems erratic and they will take off in the middle of an insertion or extraction with personnel still in the helicopter. Also, when using the 3-Waypoint mode the helicopter seems to go into a loop of it's waypoints, instead of waiting for commands it'll just continue to fly around previously established waypoints or just return to it's spawn position and hover. I am now also unable to delete the helicopters or pilots with the "Delete Evac" or "Delete Pilots" button. I've searched the forums and your manuals and readme files. No luck. We are running the latest version of MCC Editor, up to date on the server and clients. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I've looked and not found an answer. Can MCC be used in the Official SP Campaign missions? If so, how do I enable it? I can see the MCC in the editer when I create a mission myself. but i don't get the MCC option in the campaign mission itself.

Does MCC only start at the beginning of the mission? Say if I'm halfway through a mission, and then added MCC, would it not work? Would I need to restart the mission for MCC to show up?

Thanks

*edit*

ok nvm. I reverted the mission and now I see the MCC option.

How do I add the VAS to the scroll menu?

Edited by poboy975

@ poboy975 - go to the 3D editor select for example an ammo box goto presets find VAS > Add and place yr VAS box

Hi, I've looked and not found an answer. Can MCC be used in the Official SP Campaign missions? If so, how do I enable it? I can see the MCC in the editer when I create a mission myself. but i don't get the MCC option in the campaign mission itself.

Does MCC only start at the beginning of the mission? Say if I'm halfway through a mission, and then added MCC, would it not work? Would I need to restart the mission for MCC to show up?

Thanks

*edit*

ok nvm. I reverted the mission and now I see the MCC option.

How do I add the VAS to the scroll menu?

I've found that sometimes when I try to teleport other players nothing happens, only my issue?

same, feels a little glitchy and take a few attempts before it works

Yes. An example: we were 5 in my team, I could teleport 4 of them. One I couldn't teleport or halo. This happen everytime with some player.

I can't get it to work on any of my players.

Hello,

one quick question: what is necessary for unit addons to be compatible with MCC (ie being able to use groups and use faction in the mission generator).

Compared to VTS, MCC seems to require something more as, for example, groups from FSF Enemies are working fine in VTS and not at all in MCC.

I tried to look at all MCC pdf docs but I was unable to find the requirements.

Thx.

My group is having minor issues with interaction between already placed VAS boxes and MCC where it seems the MCC scripts overwrite the already existing standalone (with modified config) VAS scripts. Would it be possible to add a config option to disable MCC's VAS scripts/module so that our already placed VAS boxes work as we intended? I know it's possible to add VAS boxes using MCC but we use a mission template that has a basic base and such already created pre-MCC use.

See http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2698640&viewfull=1#post2698640 for updated question.

Edited by Onedown

I want to know if anyone is having any issues with setting vehicles down and then getting teleported back to where they spawn them in? I'm not to sure how to describe it but I am not sure if others have experienced the same thing and I dont know if its MCC or not.

Hello,

one quick question: what is necessary for unit addons to be compatible with MCC (ie being able to use groups and use faction in the mission generator).

Compared to VTS, MCC seems to require something more as, for example, groups from FSF Enemies are working fine in VTS and not at all in MCC.

Thx.

Joining in on the question :D

Hello,

First.. MCC is an awesome thing.. period.

But - in all its awesomeness - here are some issues I encountered with the recent version (mod version) :)

1.) As soon as I place a virtual ammobox via MCC, the MCC config which you can save is broken and not loadable anymore.. (seems to occur for me via profile-slot saving or via the "snippet" saving, doesn't matter). THIS bug is reproducable for me anytime (good thing, I guess).

2.) Sometimes after loading an MCC config, zones have disappeared.. no idea when/why this happens, as far as I have seen others noticed this behaviour too.

3.) Teleporting doesn't work for my teammates.. although allowed in the settings. Works for me as the mission maker though... Can't say at the moment why this happens.

4.) Enemies seem to respawn without reason (respawn NOT set to > 0 for these groups.. so this can't be the cause). Other noticed this too, but I can't say why this happens, sadly..

5.) Sometimes enemies doesn't seem to be "hostile" to us.. I (mission maker) was definitely NOT in ghost mode, but there were bunch of enemies being aware und running around in combat stance but not returning

fire to me or my teammates.... (maybe we somehow turned to guerilla with positive standing towards CSAT?? Don't know) Seems to happen to CSAT forces which spawn later on.. at least the "first batch" of

CSAT forces was hostile to us.

6.) This one I don't know if it's intended or not: Within the 3d editor, the collision detection is active.. meaning I can kick "things around" with the actual selected objected I want to place. This is very annoying if you place something bigger,

because instantly after placing you have the next copy of the object attached to your 3d cursor. and this thing kicks the just placed object violently aside.... This one is reproducable for me anytime!

So, 2 out ouf 6 issues are reproducable on my side... not too good I guess, but better than nothing... Hope that helps!

First let me start by saying I'm a bit busy for the previous couple of weeks and for the future next couple of weeks so I'm slow on response and releasing updates.

Also found there to be some problems with "deleting" units when running a client and server config. When you select a group or unit, there is a list of options for the group or unit to the right of it. Hijack, Join, delete, etc. When you try to delete via this menu, ONLY when using both a client AND server (not running locally, it works fine this way) the server I've been running it on crashes almost every time. The only way to "safely" delete is to use the delete box on the far right side of the MCC menu, and create a delete brush and delete the units / groups that way.

Usually when I'm testing MCC I first do it on local server and then on dedicated one. Never had this issue but I'll check it again.

I was refering to the hotfix about the new keybinding system. I define the same key (L) to bring up the MCC console (for players, not the GM). I was working when hard coded as custom key, it's not longer working when I'm defining it within MCC.

I'm using a hosted (non dedi) MP addon version. The mission I'm using is VTS.

When you open the MCC settings do you still see the L key assigned? What keyboard do you use?

I've actually had issues with the save mode. Sometimes it works perfectly, and other times the format becomes broken. I'll get something like:

[[],[["GUER",[["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",[]],

To start with, instead of the normal working format that always seems to start with:

MCC_savedObjectives = [];

Not sure why this is happening but it breaks my saves quite frequently and I lose a lot of editing.

Right now the new save function has changed to a persistante one, so there will be bugs and we will crush them with your help. So a bit of patience and some good bug reports will get us there but I believe it will be a fair tradeoff at the end.

Hi I'm getting problems With the Zeus side of this, where menus will reset on pressing ok and need pressing twice to work. I'm also getting problems with put objectives down, where it gets stuck on reviving data. It doesn't always happen straight away but mostly happens after a re-spawn or a re login. I can not reproduce these faults with just Zeus alone.

I've read your post three time and still I can't understand what is the problem – please try to explain it again.

Hello,

i've got one problems with MCC (latest release). When i use MCC with my Mission, the VAS restriction doesn't work, if i disable MCC all works fine. So my question is, is it possible to use VAS with Restrections and MCC. At this time i need to disable MCC completly.

It shouldn't overwrite can you send me the mission file (Dropbox link). Are you using the mod or the mission version of MCC?

Hi

yes me too same problem

i still have probleme with parachute when iam the squad leader in my group (ai) only me jump of helico

when i am not the squad leader all group jump seem ok :)

supply drop dont work for me

the helico coming and go but drop nothing

and i dont find the console terminal in item of VAS when i play on misson editor mod

thanks you

For teleporting player exc all the players should run MCC and should be selected (turn into blue in the players list).

Supply drop should work most likely you are doing it wrong, you should press ADD to fill the supply drop list then call it and draw the approach on the map.

The console is under items if you can't find it with VAS you can find it with the Cargo button in the 3D editor.

Is it possible to limit access to MCC by ID while still allowing players to change their view distance and grass settings? As it is right now, if a person does not have access to MCC, they do not get the window to change the view distance or grass settings.

Sorry but no.

Is there a way that we can control MCC spawned unit with ZEUS?

By default you can, just open Zeus the MCC one – do not create a new Zeus model as MCC create one automatically.

Hi shay and spirit.

Im wondering,is it possible to add more than 20 slots to the mission save clipboard?

I'll see what I can do about that.

when we use the reinforcements option, can you add in another option for vehicle type that we can use. Example: reinforcement - paradrop (large) - C130??

Yes when BIS will release a large transport plane – I do not want it to be mod dependence as far as I can.

Is it possible to give AI units to a player?

When I use "Join" function, it looks like it's making the player join the group but does not give him control of that group.

Oh, and I can't find any way to have the player leave a group. :S

Thanks!

I will recommend you to use Zeus for that.

After playing around with it over and over it seems it does save the offset if you enable allign to terrian but disable the smooth placing... this is the only feature it seems to work....

If align to terrain is enabled the object will be placed by the engine and will not be forced to be placed on a specific position if that position isn't empty.

Running into an issue with Manually placed waypoint here. generating random mission, adding a few groups (non gaia) with manualy assigned waypoints, and after an hour or more, the waypoints start getting deleted, after the bug occur it seems all manualy added waypoints get deleted/reset every few seconds. looks like its when gaia is refreshing even if the unit is no assigned to it. tried multiple times its almost always happening

Another waypoint issue i encountered but more rare, sometimes a unit is generating an unlimited number of waypoint in the same area in some sort of turning star pattern. Clearing or giving new waypoints doesnt help, neither assigning the unit to gaia, it just keep going unless u delete the unit

Spirit is checking under GAIA's hood as we speak.

I don't know if it's a bug or a designed behaviour but when you use the mission generator, if someone connect after the generation of the mission this hasn't got any task available or a sort of briefing, just the red circle that show the battlefield.

This happens also is someone disconnect for any reason and when re-enter lose the tasks.

Do you already know about this? Do you think it's possible to fix it saving the tasks at server level so everyone could connect and see the objectives?

Thank you in advance and good developing! :)

Task should be there for JIP (if they are running MCC) but won't be there after loading a saved mission (for now). So tasks do get saved on a server level just make sure the players are running MCC.

Hello friends!

I have a couple of things/questions:

When joining a mission with MCC, it automatically sets everybody's view distance to 1500. How do I disable this from happening client-side? It's very aggravating, especially since the floating rocks/objects glitch is still present from MCC changing object detail. I have all of my video settings fine tuned and it's extremely aggravating to have MCC change them every time we play.

Also, since the last update it seems that all vehicles spawned with MCC are disappearing after they are empty. For large-scale missions when we park our vehicles for a long time, the vehicles disappearing 2-3 min after we dismount is also extremely aggravating.

Other than those two things, the newest iteration of MCC is amazing. We've been getting so much mileage out of the mission generator. And the MCC/Zeus integration is as amazing as I'd hoped it would be when I first heard of Zeus.

Yeah I thought the 1500 view distance was something on my side it is bothering me and it will be fixed.

The floating rocks will always be there if you are changing the terrain detail so the best advice is do not touch this unless you want to have no grass but floating rocks.

Disappearing vehicles is strange. Are you sure the AI didn't took them or another mod or even a module in the way? MCC doesn't have a garbage collector the only thing that is being deleted procedurally is empty groups. And it only delete the group not units in it.

Question I noticed when spawning a convey if there are transport vehicles they are full (also in the back) with inf.

So how can I spawn a regular truck full with inf? Other than the driver etc?

Thanks!

This is the most awesome tool I have EVER seen!

You can't but I'll try to add it to the 3D presets of next update.

Look above make sure all the players are running MCC and they are selected (turn blue)

Shay and company:

First of all I'd like to say great work with MCC. My group has been using it religiously since ARMA2, and we continue to use it in ARMA3.

My unit is an infantry platoon and we do not have any air assets available to us, so we've been using your EVAC system with AI Pilots. It was always great for our needs up until a few releases ago. Now the pilots behavior seems erratic and they will take off in the middle of an insertion or extraction with personnel still in the helicopter. Also, when using the 3-Waypoint mode the helicopter seems to go into a loop of it's waypoints, instead of waiting for commands it'll just continue to fly around previously established waypoints or just return to it's spawn position and hover. I am now also unable to delete the helicopters or pilots with the "Delete Evac" or "Delete Pilots" button. I've searched the forums and your manuals and readme files. No luck. We are running the latest version of MCC Editor, up to date on the server and clients. Thanks in advance.

I didn't change anything in the evac behavior for a long long time. The evac helicopter will return to base automatically when he is empty or waited for more the 20 seconds (I think I should make this longer).

Did you start using a new mod? Did you gave the evac vehicle to GAIA?

Hello,

Thx.

Nothing MCC should recognize all mods out there (if they made properly). I'll check the FSF enemies and fixe MCC.

I want to know if anyone is having any issues with setting vehicles down and then getting teleported back to where they spawn them in? I'm not to sure how to describe it but I am not sure if others have experienced the same thing and I dont know if its MCC or not.

I'm sure you don't know how to describe it ) Try again.

Hello,

First.. MCC is an awesome thing.. period.

But - in all its awesomeness - here are some issues I encountered with the recent version (mod version) :)

1.) As soon as I place a virtual ammobox via MCC, the MCC config which you can save is broken and not loadable anymore.. (seems to occur for me via profile-slot saving or via the "snippet" saving, doesn't matter). THIS bug is reproducable for me anytime (good thing, I guess).

2.) Sometimes after loading an MCC config, zones have disappeared.. no idea when/why this happens, as far as I have seen others noticed this behaviour too.

3.) Teleporting doesn't work for my teammates.. although allowed in the settings. Works for me as the mission maker though... Can't say at the moment why this happens.

4.) Enemies seem to respawn without reason (respawn NOT set to > 0 for these groups.. so this can't be the cause). Other noticed this too, but I can't say why this happens, sadly..

5.) Sometimes enemies doesn't seem to be "hostile" to us.. I (mission maker) was definitely NOT in ghost mode, but there were bunch of enemies being aware und running around in combat stance but not returning

fire to me or my teammates.... (maybe we somehow turned to guerilla with positive standing towards CSAT?? Don't know) Seems to happen to CSAT forces which spawn later on.. at least the "first batch" of

CSAT forces was hostile to us.

6.) This one I don't know if it's intended or not: Within the 3d editor, the collision detection is active.. meaning I can kick "things around" with the actual selected objected I want to place. This is very annoying if you place something bigger,

because instantly after placing you have the next copy of the object attached to your 3d cursor. and this thing kicks the just placed object violently aside.... This one is reproducable for me anytime!

So, 2 out ouf 6 issues are reproducable on my side... not too good I guess, but better than nothing... Hope that helps!

1) Thanks I'll check it out.

2) Zones are not resaved (if you loaded a mission worked on it and re-save it the zones will disapeer) it will be fixed in the next release.

3) See the above.

4) Known issue with loaded missions – will be fixed in the new relase.

5) You mean after GAIA respawn?

6) It is not intended but it is a know issue that will probably be fixed.

1) Thanks I'll check it out.

Cool, thanks!

2) Zones are not resaved (if you loaded a mission worked on it and re-save it the zones will disapeer) it will be fixed in the next release.

Sounds good, too!

3) See the above.

As far as I know, the others meant that THEY as a MISSION MAKER aren't able to teleport all of their buddies.. am I right? Not too sure if I got this one right..

I mean, that MY TEAM MEMBERS cannot teleport TO ME (via ALT+T as far as I know?).. but it worked for me (if I hit ALT+T I teleported to my team). They all had the MCC active

and just checked out a fresh version via PlayWithSix.. so I don't think that was the problem.

4) Known issue with loaded missions – will be fixed in the new relase.

Great. :)

5) You mean after GAIA respawn?

Not too sure about that... If I remember correctly now even the units I did freshly spawnwithin a zone

acted the same.. even the ones placed without a zone directly on the 2D map of MCC. They were moving,

but they were behaving like they didn't see us as enemies... you could run among them and they were

combat ready and all, running around frantically as we shot them all, but they didn't return fire.

Didn't do further testing that night, it seemed like all the enemy AI didn't see us as enemies any more...

it happened sometime along the mission or while tinkering around with MCC, because all was well when we started the mission

and we encountered our first firefights... but maybe that did in fact happen AFTER one of those "mysterious respawns" of

an enemy group..... because I remember that this group spawned VERY close to our team.. but didn't do any harm, was just

running around... we wouldn't have survived this with them being "normal", I guess.

6) It is not intended but it is a know issue that will probably be fixed.

That would be great!

Edited by UncleHo

Hey shay I think you might have missed my post. You probably don't go back and reread already answered sections of the thread so I'll repost and clarify it in hopes that you see it.

My group is having minor issues with interaction between standalone VAS scripts and MCC where it seems the local mod version MCC VAS scripts overwrite the server's mission's standalone (with modified config) VAS scripts. Would it be possible to add a server side config option to disable MCC's VAS scripts so that our server side mission scripts work as we intended and players do not have full access to everything an unrestricted VAS box gives access to?

Just to inform. I am very low on time also at this point, but any AI related questions will be answered. Just takes some more patience, thanks for that!

BUSY.jpg

Hello, (i'm french)

So like everyone here present, I thank you for the work ,you performed for our community is exelent. this really is the best mod and missions I could test. my community can not live without it :) is your job to a pro.

So I decide to register for you to meet by Bug.

Here it on your engine tune mission:

-Dedicase Machine on serveur

-Use Mission file(mcc_sandbox.pbo; R5 version) (without @mcc_sandbox)

-Mod activated: @CBA;@Task_force_radio;@CAF_AG;@vts_weapon_resting

Bug: "Telleport To Team","after respawn", "JIP", "Always" don't work for all Player excepted me (Admin)

thank you

I was refering to the hotfix about the new keybinding system. I define the same key (L) to bring up the MCC console (for players, not the GM). I was working when hard coded as custom key, it's not longer working when I'm defining it within MCC.

I'm using a hosted (non dedi) MP addon version. The mission I'm using is VTS.

When you open the MCC settings do you still see the L key assigned? What keyboard do you use?

Yes, the L key is assigned, using a french keyboard (but L key is at the same place on a US keyboard).

I did some other testing, random mission, no addon except MCC:

Assigned "/" key to "Open MCC" and "L" key to "Open MCC console" => L is doing nothing, "/" is open regular MCC.

Assigned "/" key to "Open MCC Console" and "L" key to "Open MCC" => L is opening regular MCC and "/" is doing nothing.

Basically, it seems that the keys are working but it's calling the MCC console (ie the player one) that is not working with the addon version of MCC.

About groups and FSF Enemies: thx for looking at that ! :)

I'm sorry for asking dumb questions but ....

Hello, (i'm french)

So like everyone here present, I thank you for the work ,you performed for our community is exelent. this really is the best mod and missions I could test. my community can not live without it :) is your job to a pro.

So I decide to register for you to meet by Bug.

Here it on your engine tune mission:

-Dedicase Machine on serveur

-Use Mission file(mcc_sandbox.pbo; R5 version) (without @mcc_sandbox)

-Mod activated: @CBA;@Task_force_radio;@CAF_AG;@vts_weapon_resting

Bug: "Telleport To Team","after respawn", "JIP", "Always" don't work for all Player excepted me (Admin)

thank you

Do the player trying to use teleport to team assigned a key stroke for that. They should open MCC (even locally) and assign key strokes in the Mission Setting.

Did they pressed this keys in order to teleport? Did they get "Teleport N/A" as a hint in the upper right corner?

Yes, the L key is assigned, using a french keyboard (but L key is at the same place on a US keyboard).

I did some other testing, random mission, no addon except MCC:

Assigned "/" key to "Open MCC" and "L" key to "Open MCC console" => L is doing nothing, "/" is open regular MCC.

Assigned "/" key to "Open MCC Console" and "L" key to "Open MCC" => L is opening regular MCC and "/" is doing nothing.

Basically, it seems that the keys are working but it's calling the MCC console (ie the player one) that is not working with the addon version of MCC.

About groups and FSF Enemies: thx for looking at that ! :)

Do you have the MCC console in your inventory and does it in the assigned items?

Do you have the MCC console in your inventory and does it in the assigned items?

No, and honestly, it was working before without it. Now, I've added the console to my inventory, assigned it to the GPS place and it's working like a charm !!

Thx!!!

Do the player trying to use teleport to team assigned a key stroke for that. They should open MCC (even locally) and assign key strokes in the Mission Setting.

Did they pressed this keys in order to teleport? Did they get "Teleport N/A" as a hint in the upper right corner?

I test , and I return the post of result here, thank you for your reply :)

Yeah I thought the 1500 view distance was something on my side it is bothering me and it will be fixed.

The floating rocks will always be there if you are changing the terrain detail so the best advice is do not touch this unless you want to have no grass but floating rocks.

What I noticed in some ALiVE testing this past week is that in the ALiVE terrain tool there are 5 levels of terrain detail that I can switch around. In MCC there are only 3, and the highest one is equivalent to the 3rd one in the ALiVE tool. To me this means that MCC is missing the two higher terrain detail levels, which is one of the things(maybe the only thing) causing the floating objects issue.

Edited by MacScottie

Could we have a bigger unzoom in the MCC windows ? On non-A3 map, the mission generator is only working on zone, not map (MapSize not defined). The issue is that it's hard to create a zone covering the whole map without the ability to see it whole.

Thx.

Can someone point me to the definitive installation process to get MCC working on a dedicated server?

I figured it out. Thx.

Edited by neven
figured out the issue.

Hi Shay and Spirit !

I've DL and used the latest Altis files and I'm still getting some bugs:

- buggy menu scroll bars

- creating custom boxes (original content not deleted when button clear is used)

- settings from init.sqm not overriding defaults (enable MCC messages, GPS still showing units with no GPS...)

- Para drops: when dropping crates, they appear on top of the parachute or are just left in the sky.

Also when a medium to large zone is populated with AI using the garnison option the editor stops working (probably due to server load), would it be possible to spawn groups instead of individuals to garrison houses ?

I guess that's hard because of groups behaviour and formations :(

Keep up the great work !