shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Some stuff I noticed:

1) since the last few updates "Save/Load from profile" doesn't work anymore.

- Place objects

- click on a profile slot to select it

- give it a name

- hit "Save to profile"

- reload mission

- select the profile you just created

- hit "Load from profile"

Nothing happens. Don't know if problem is upon saving or loading.

2) MCC ignores some init commands you put in 3D editor while spawning objects (don't know exactly what is the problem, if it's only certain objects or certain commands or a combination of both. I'll add just my example)

- Enter 3D editor

- select a M4 Scorcher

- select "Forward artillery" option in presets and click "add" (code is inserted in init field)

- select "Set empty (fuel)" option in presets and click "add" (again, code is attached after the previous one)

- close GUI and hit Space to spawn the M4

M4 has fuel. M4 is not added to the available cannons inside of the artillery computer. In artillery computer you still see the default 5 virtual cannons. If you try to fire any of them, spawned M4 doesn't move (to prove they are all virtual). EDIT: upon further testing I can say that other stuff is indeed working eg: place object with "VAS" preset works ok etc.

3) HE Laser guided bombs STILL won't work

- fire He laser guided bombs with artillery computer

- no matter what the options, them still won't follow Laser designators.

Just as clarification: what is the meaning of "laser" option in the "spread" dropdown menu? Should be used only for He Laser bombs? Or can be used even with other types of ammunition to designate a general area?

Sorry if I appear so anal about Artillery stuff, It's just that me and my friends are a very small team, so JTAC and stealth missions are the best right now to play for us.

I'm trying to report "bugs/strange behaviors" as best as I can to help you guys!

Edited by markrev

Quick question and I'm not 100% certain that it's related to MCC, but MCC is used in the process to I'll take a stab at it here :)

We've been using MCC for creating our own co-op missions and we use MCC along with Alive, Aggressors and bunch of other mods. We define a zone and spawn in a bunch of Aggressors based middle eastern fighters (sometimes African pirates). When the fighting commences the enemy instantly pop quite a lot of smoke grenades. Altho it's a sound tactic it's not that plausible that those not-so-wellequipped forces have a ton of smokes on them.

Is this due to GAIA or MCC? If yes, is there a way to limit or even disable the smoke-throwing?

If it's not GAIA or MCC that's doing that, can anyone point me in the right direction on who's ordering the smokes? :)

A bunch of thanks in advance!

GAIA units use smoke. They use it (chance of) when a group has suffered casualties. So if you see groups use smoke that did not have casualties, that is not gaia. If you hold multiple mods throwing smokes then it might lead to excessive use. There is currently not an option to disable it, but i can easily provide such an option in next release. Shorter said: yes gaia uses smoke, but please take a look at other mods also. The combination might be the problem.

hi there,

Do you think it would be possible to include the following in the clipboard save/load

* Generate the command when spawning a unit in 3D mode

* Generate the command when popping it with Zeus

* Save trigger

i also noticed a bug with GAIA. i called some re-inforcement and in MCC i was able to see endless move circle of a unit.

i know it is possible to save it in SQM file but it is more convenient to provide the script creation than a file that should be put localy.

spirit6: thanks for the reply! I know I had some scripts earlier with the smoke functionality, but even after commenting out the init-lines and such I even removed the folders containing the script files just to be sure. I'll start digging in the other mods as well but most other mods are content mods (RH's M4, Peral's A10, F/A-18 etc etc) so it should only be MCC, Alive or possibly Aggressors that should add some sort of strategy/behaviour to the AI.

If it's not too much hassle, a smoke disabling funtionality would be very much appreciated :D

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio_Chavez View Post

with the latest version i have the problem that i can not lower the camera, i can only rise the camera but cant go back down again (q = rise, y = lower).

also, if i place vehicles, they wont show up until i place another or quit the editor, any idea?

You lower the camera with Z.

You lower the camera with Z

in azerty keyboard is W maybe help

Once again I have to give high praise to GAIA. I have been experimenting with it given I noticed that GAIA will use known enemy positions (reported by both AI and players) for planning attacks etc.

So, I created a mission where I would provide forward recon and then let GAIA units come in and attack. What I did was put some GAIA units in a zone on defensive well behind my position. I then reconed ahead to find some enemy patrols. I then selected the previously placed GAIA units and gave them to a zone on aggressive closer to the enemy. They then executed very well placed GAIA waypoints to the enemy units and crushed them. It was actually a beautifully coordinated attack. All the while not compromising my position. I continue this with great effectiveness.

This got me thinking. It would be nice to be able to give players this ability via the Command Console. In order to make this work, I think would require a couple of minor changes to the Command Console:

1. Allow creation of zones from within the console. Perhaps these zones are only known to the player (ie. are not available MCC wide).
  2. Allow player to give units he has control over to GAIA and a zone. Or something along these lines. In otherwords, rather than micro-managing units under your command give them over to GAIA but defined for a certain area. Thinking this through now though I'm not sure how the player can regain control of them to issue particular waypoints.

I guess what I'm trying to describe here is that it would be nice for the players to have units under their control but also have the GAIA type logic attached to them when wanted. This way we can have a number of Platoon leaders for instance with various troops under his command but not have to micro-manage every single waypoint etc.

Does this make sense?

This got me thinking as well. How does the "Give units to player" actually work with more than one player and console? How does one as MCC Zeus for lack of a better term give certain units to certain players? Does it just give the units to "yourself" as player? Or do all players with a console have access to the same units? I will likely test this the next time I get a chance.

One other thing I noticed is that the default spawning accuracy skill of MCC units is way too low. If I forget to change the MCC Mission settings of the skill from I think default "Rookie" to something else they are practically useless. Both sides will practically go through their entire ammo without being able to kill the the enemy within 50m of each other. In other words at the Rookie level they basically can't hit a thing.

Some stuff I noticed:

- Place objects

- give it a name

- hit "Save to profile"

- reload mission

Having same issue.

generated mission Save/load just fine, but as soon as i add manually placed units / stuff, the save gets broken, sometimes loading only the zones, sometimes loading only half the units, sometimes no zones at all. and worse sometimes does'nt load at all . Its very random.

i might have isolated part of the issue. i noticed while placing red Static HMG 50 (raised) with the 3d editor, they sometimes dont get assigned as MCC/zeus units. you cannot interact with them but they are there. And from there everything goes fubar, like stuff spawning randomly in the lower left end corner of the map, broken saves not loading zones ect ... its to the point i have not been able to make a single mission with hand placed units / stuff

also i am also experiencing the unit respawn bug. place stuff , Delete it, wait 3 sec and half of it respawned.

using MCC R5 / CBA 1.005 beta no other Mods

running it on a LOCAL Lan server trough the MCC stratis mission (not dedicated server)

So, has anyone else noticed that IEDs set to "Deadly" don't do any damage to units? "Disabling" will work as expected, but "deadly" types do either no damage, or very little damage.

Pretty sure that has to be the case, because without mcc it lists players as GUER. The only thing that could turn a player listed as GUER to ENEMY is rating, right? Afaik there is no command to actually make a player switch sides, only to make people friendly to his side of make him a captive (civilian). So it has to be rating here most likely

I think I know what doing it so I'll test it later and add a fix for next release.

Have problem saving mcc 4 it saves everything accept the task can anyone please help mant thanks Rob

MCC Mission Wizard's missions are not saved – just the units/zones exc not the tasks – we might add it later.

Is there a way to use the ruler in MCC Interface and not just the MCC console, I use a GPS NAV mod and it would be nice to get Cords from the MCC interface to set up missions using the cords without switching the the MCC console.

On a side note if I use the MCC Console and cick ruler and "not" click on the map, then go back to the MCC Interface, I can't click anything on the map or move any zones.

Thanks, its not a super big thing just would be nice to have the ruler in the MCC Interface if it isn't already (Hope I didn't miss it)

No MCC ruler is just in the console never thought it is something the mission maker would need. I see what we I can do about it and fix the ruler not clicking issue.

I can't make it work with the addon version. Anything I should know about it ? It was working perfectly with the previous release.

Can't make what work? MCC? You get CTD or something else? Give as more details please.

Hey I'm having a bit of an issue with the MCC mission on my dedicated server. I start the server up, select the mission and enter the game as normal. When it comes time to log into MCC sandbox I click "login" and it tells me I am logged in, but the login screen stays up and the MCC editor doesn't actually pop up. It works fine, however, in a locally hosted coop server. Any ideas?

Download the mission again and not from Steam. I don't think I've updated the Steam version yet.

Great work Shay and Spirit. The new interface is outstanding and Gaia is amazing.

I'll see if I can clear this up a bit. We're running the Mission version of MCC and are seeing a conflict with XMed and BTC when a player is downed. We need a toggle in parameters to get rid of BTC or edit the mission ourselves.

Mission Creators are unable to spawn HC units via the 'Spawn' function. 'Create' and 'Spawn in Zone' (with Headless Client set for location) both return messages saying the unit has been created, but nothing shows up. Spawning HC units in the 3D editor works, but is a headache trying to get them into groups.

I've pared down all the mods running on the server to just those required by the map. CBA3, XMed, and it's dependencies. Same results there.

If there's a file I can PM or anything you need, let Gihzmo or I know. Thanks much.

Edit: Update- Just ran @mccsandbox with CBA3 and inidb on a generic map with the same HC results. Can spawn in 3D ed. Cannot spawn in zone or 'create' button.

I've gave you the line you should disable in defines.hpp for disabling the built in wounds script. You can edit the mission and remove it.

We'll check the HC but just to make sure you did changed the location combo box from "server" to "HC" did you?

Im trying to use MCC in editor mode, any solution?

Well redownload or something looks like a local issue on your side. Try to redownload the mission version and play with it on local host first and move from there to the mod.

I have problems with r5 (10.05.2014). MP or editor, my missions or Bohemia i am getting this error:

iniDB isn't running. Cant access role selection.

and [bIS_fnc_moduleCurator] Curator owner not defined, player used instead in singleplayer.

lest one also appearing in main menu.

In one of my missions even spawn unconscious. Mission is working in vanilla, with CBA, in MP with old r20_MCC so it is definitely issue with new r5.

The inidBi error is not an error just notifying you that you don't run it and you won't be able to use role selection – check the first page to download iniDBi.

The Curator error is probably for running Zeus in single player.

hi

Shay, Could you please confirm me that All the created missions with the generator can be saved. Thank you very much once again.

cheers!

MCC Mission Wizard's missions are not saved – just the units/zones exc not the tasks – we might add it later.

Some stuff I noticed:

- Place objects

- give it a name

- hit "Save to profile"

- reload mission

2) MCC ignores some init commands you put in 3D editor while spawning objects (don't know exactly what is the problem, if it's only certain objects or certain commands or a combination of both. I'll add just my example)

- Enter 3D editor

- select a M4 Scorcher

- select "Forward artillery" option in presets and click "add" (code is inserted in init field)

- select "Set empty (fuel)" option in presets and click "add" (again, code is attached after the previous one)

- close GUI and hit Space to spawn the M4

M4 has fuel. M4 is not added to the available cannons inside of the artillery computer. In artillery computer you still see the default 5 virtual cannons. If you try to fire any of them, spawned M4 doesn't move (to prove they are all virtual). EDIT: upon further testing I can say that other stuff is indeed working eg: place object with "VAS" preset works ok etc.

3) HE Laser guided bombs STILL won't work

- fire He laser guided bombs with artillery computer

- no matter what the options, them still won't follow Laser designators.

Just as clarification: what is the meaning of "laser" option in the "spread" dropdown menu? Should be used only for He Laser bombs? Or can be used even with other types of ammunition to designate a general area?

Sorry if I appear so anal about Artillery stuff, It's just that me and my friends are a very small team, so JTAC and stealth missions are the best right now to play for us.

I'm trying to report "bugs/strange behaviors" as best as I can to help you guys!

Thanks,

The save thing is working for me can you give the save file (clipboard) and tell me if you are running on MP/dedi or SP?

I'll check the init lines.

To use the laser target you need to choose LASER in the SPREAD it doesn't matter what shell type you have chosen.

hi there,

Do you think it would be possible to include the following in the clipboard save/load

* Generate the command when spawning a unit in 3D mode

* Generate the command when popping it with Zeus

* Save trigger

i also noticed a bug with GAIA. i called some re-inforcement and in MCC i was able to see endless move circle of a unit.

i know it is possible to save it in SQM file but it is more convenient to provide the script creation than a file that should be put localy.

Honestly I don't have a clue what you are suggesting, can you explain it more?

Having same issue.

generated mission Save/load just fine, but as soon as i add manually placed units / stuff, the save gets broken, sometimes loading only the zones, sometimes loading only half the units, sometimes no zones at all. and worse sometimes does'nt load at all . Its very random.

i might have isolated part of the issue. i noticed while placing red Static HMG 50 (raised) with the 3d editor, they sometimes dont get assigned as MCC/zeus units. you cannot interact with them but they are there. And from there everything goes fubar, like stuff spawning randomly in the lower left end corner of the map, broken saves not loading zones ect ... its to the point i have not been able to make a single mission with hand placed units / stuff

also i am also experiencing the unit respawn bug. place stuff , Delete it, wait 3 sec and half of it respawned.

using MCC R5 / CBA 1.005 beta no other Mods

running it on a LOCAL Lan server trough the MCC stratis mission (not dedicated server)

The respawn bug is known and fixed.

If you resave a mission the zones are not saved again. I should fix it when I'll find the time.

So, has anyone else noticed that IEDs set to "Deadly" don't do any damage to units? "Disabling" will work as expected, but "deadly" types do either no damage, or very little damage.

Mmmm…. Interesting :)

Also found there to be some problems with "deleting" units when running a client and server config. When you select a group or unit, there is a list of options for the group or unit to the right of it. Hijack, Join, delete, etc. When you try to delete via this menu, ONLY when using both a client AND server (not running locally, it works fine this way) the server I've been running it on crashes almost every time. The only way to "safely" delete is to use the delete box on the far right side of the MCC menu, and create a delete brush and delete the units / groups that way.

Hello

Thanks for including the new save mode, this works perfectly for my editing.

I ve noticed the program no longer saves elevation, in previous MCC sandbox version i was able to sink a billboard or a wall into the ground a little it does this in the editor but when saved and loaded on to the server they align with the terrain :( unsure if this is an arma issue or if the previous versions of MCC saved elevation

Can't make what work? MCC? You get CTD or something else? Give as more details please.

I was refering to the hotfix about the new keybinding system. I define the same key (L) to bring up the MCC console (for players, not the GM). I was working when hard coded as custom key, it's not longer working when I'm defining it within MCC.

I'm using a hosted (non dedi) MP addon version. The mission I'm using is VTS.

Hello

Thanks for including the new save mode, this works perfectly for my editing.

I ve noticed the program no longer saves elevation, in previous MCC sandbox version i was able to sink a billboard or a wall into the ground a little it does this in the editor but when saved and loaded on to the server they align with the terrain :( unsure if this is an arma issue or if the previous versions of MCC saved elevation

I've actually had issues with the save mode. Sometimes it works perfectly, and other times the format becomes broken. I'll get something like:

[[],[["GUER",[["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",[]],

To start with, instead of the normal working format that always seems to start with:

MCC_savedObjectives = [];

Not sure why this is happening but it breaks my saves quite frequently and I lose a lot of editing.

someone told me thats possible to save a whole mission state/progress like it is in MP with MCC. And you can load the mission at exactly that point, with exactly same stats, items and so on.

Is that true?

someone told me thats possible to save a whole mission state/progress like it is in MP with MCC. And you can load the mission at exactly that point, with exactly same stats, items and so on.

Is that true?

Yes, look at last video from Shay.. he explain step by step how to do it.

Once again I have to give high praise to GAIA. I have been experimenting with it given I noticed that GAIA will use known enemy positions (reported by both AI and players) for planning attacks etc.

So, I created a mission where I would provide forward recon and then let GAIA units come in and attack. What I did was put some GAIA units in a zone on defensive well behind my position. I then reconed ahead to find some enemy patrols. I then selected the previously placed GAIA units and gave them to a zone on aggressive closer to the enemy. They then executed very well placed GAIA waypoints to the enemy units and crushed them. It was actually a beautifully coordinated attack. All the while not compromising my position. I continue this with great effectiveness.

This got me thinking. It would be nice to be able to give players this ability via the Command Console. In order to make this work, I think would require a couple of minor changes to the Command Console:

1. Allow creation of zones from within the console. Perhaps these zones are only known to the player (ie. are not available MCC wide).
  2. Allow player to give units he has control over to GAIA and a zone. Or something along these lines. In otherwords, rather than micro-managing units under your command give them over to GAIA but defined for a certain area. Thinking this through now though I'm not sure how the player can regain control of them to issue particular waypoints.

I guess what I'm trying to describe here is that it would be nice for the players to have units under their control but also have the GAIA type logic attached to them when wanted. This way we can have a number of Platoon leaders for instance with various troops under his command but not have to micro-manage every single waypoint etc.

Does this make sense?

This got me thinking as well. How does the "Give units to player" actually work with more than one player and console? How does one as MCC Zeus for lack of a better term give certain units to certain players? Does it just give the units to "yourself" as player? Or do all players with a console have access to the same units? I will likely test this the next time I get a chance.

One other thing I noticed is that the default spawning accuracy skill of MCC units is way too low. If I forget to change the MCC Mission settings of the skill from I think default "Rookie" to something else they are practically useless. Both sides will practically go through their entire ammo without being able to kill the the enemy within 50m of each other. In other words at the Rookie level they basically can't hit a thing.

Hey! Good to see you hold a good time with GAIA :)

About your request. I don't see the ai interaction like a troop commander to be in MCC. It is beyond the goal of MCC. On a side note, there are multiple ai command mods out there. Making them interact with GAIA should be quite possible.

The use however of GAIA in combination with AI can already be done. Quite easy how you setup troops that support you indeed. But you can also spawn medic trucks, mortar, artillery and CAS helicopters to support you. Another possible thing is where you select your own group and click "give to gaia". The system will now give you waypoints and attack points. That is if you like to be told what to do by a system :) If you then hold yourself outside your zone then even the transport vehicles will come by to pick you up.

Hi I'm getting problems With the Zeus side of this, where menus will reset on pressing ok and need pressing twice to work. I'm also getting problems with put objectives down, where it gets stuck on reviving data. It doesn't always happen straight away but mostly happens after a re-spawn or a re login. I can not reproduce these faults with just Zeus alone.

Hello. Congratulations for this great mod. The new "Parachute" animation is so good!.

Im having some problems with the r5 version. When i put the bikey in my server, its not run properly. I tried deleting it and the server works again.

The server is dedicated.

Any idea?

EDIT POST: I answer to myself. it was a compatibility problem with @cpm mod. i deleted this one and the bikey and now mcc is working 100%.

Thanks anyway :o

Edited by jackdoe

"give to gaia" apparently isn't recorded in triggers.

It could be useful when you want a pre-placed group of units to be come "active" at a certain event.

Oh and I'm sure there's a public variable that tells us who is currently logged in at MCC. Knowing the name of that variable would be useful, so maybe add that information the first post.

I'm making a few scripts for our mission-template and I want them to be only available to the current missionmaker.

"give to gaia" apparently isn't recorded in triggers.

It could be useful when you want a pre-placed group of units to be come "active" at a certain event.

Oh and I'm sure there's a public variable that tells us who is currently logged in at MCC. Knowing the name of that variable would be useful, so maybe add that information the first post.

I'm making a few scripts for our mission-template and I want them to be only available to the current missionmaker.

Hey there. I am speaking out of my knowledge area now but it is known that "give to gaia" is not recorded. Only settings during creation are recorded. And from my very very old first MCC creations i remember the check was this:

(mcc_missionmaker == (name player))

That is the MCC check for mission maker (as i recall), but i might be wrong as i am quite outdated in that area.

"mcc_missionmaker"

Yeh that sounds right, I remember seeing that back in ArmA2. I'll see if it still works. :)

Yes, look at last video from Shay.. he explain step by step how to do it.

AWESOMO

Im so in love with this Community, partially.

Im already imagine to manage water, rations, tiredness for REALLY long missions. Maybe in Jungle...

Does this feature work on other Maps?

Im jumping on my seat right now :D

Hello,

i've got one problems with MCC (latest release). When i use MCC with my Mission, the VAS restriction doesn't work, if i disable MCC all works fine. So my question is, is it possible to use VAS with Restrections and MCC. At this time i need to disable MCC completly.

Hi

yes me too same problem

i still have probleme with parachute when iam the squad leader in my group (ai) only me jump of helico

when i am not the squad leader all group jump seem ok :)

supply drop dont work for me

the helico coming and go but drop nothing

and i dont find the console terminal in item of VAS when i play on misson editor mod

thanks you

Is it possible to limit access to MCC by ID while still allowing players to change their view distance and grass settings? As it is right now, if a person does not have access to MCC, they do not get the window to change the view distance or grass settings.