shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Is there a way to not have the keybinding in or a possible config file. I ask this because Troop Commander the addon I have been working on for some time uses the keys 2 and 3 and would like the option not to use them with MCC if possible.

Thanks Great work

Orex

Playing around with recent update id like to add that all the units placed by mcc are respawning even when not set to do so.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

edit-only seems to effect units placed by mission generator

I have been investigating this and i cannot confirm this. So far i created groups, spawned groups and generated missions. Deleting the group did not make them respawn.

Can you give me step by step what you are doing/have done (from the beginning)? Are you using other mods holding respawn functionalty? Are you aware that all mission generator options are now set on random? Is it not the reinforcements that spawn on you instead of the removed/killed group?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by spirit6

I still cant spawn HC directly to the map. Still working if i call Drop in support, the helicopters spawn on HC. Mission generator also dont spawn on HC... hmm :-/

Also button2 is already used by xMedSYS, this is not very good :-(

Edited by Numrollen

Hey Shay, when i try to login i get error:

[bIS_fnc_MPexec] Function 'mcc_fnc_login' does not exist

could you please have a look.

Is there a way to not have the keybinding in or a possible config file. I ask this because Troop Commander the addon I have been working on for some time uses the keys 2 and 3 and would like the option not to use them with MCC if possible.

Thanks Great work

Orex

I second this. 'User Action 2' is used by Xmedsys. Is there a way to change this?

hi

i have couple probleme here

when i try to use the new veriosn of parachute like in the video is not working for me

prcsion i select my group ai + 2 other group of ai (im leader only of my group)

message error

if (isnull _unit) exitwith {};

if (!|#| local _unit || !alive \plane ) exitwith {...'

file mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\fnc\general\fn _realparadropplayer.sqf , line19

error local : type group expected opbject

is working when i select only my group (see cinematic ;jump with parachute jsut me not the ai of my group still in helico)

same probleme with halo and teleport different message error

last one ;problme with save mission to profile i dont load

thanks

when ever i put in the new mcc it seems to be the old mcc... no matter where i download it :/ why????

I also concur, please move the keys to a userconfig file instead of hardcoding it into the "Custom Keys" ArmA 3 offers.

Shameless advertisement, I guess, but I wish BIS took care of this feedback tracker issue, conflicts like this wouldn't come up any more.

Edited by janus0104

The collision with XMedSys is really annoying.

I also concur, please move the keys to a userconfig file instead of hardcoding it into the "Custom Keys" ArmA 3 offers.

Same with the "U" Key for the MCC Tablet Console, please ;-)

I agree with the other guys - this is a real major problem. We use XMedSys and have used MCC since the Arma 2 days and now I am going to have to pull MCC as we cannot operate without our medical support. Please correct this!

I have been investigating this and i cannot confirm this. So far i created groups, spawned groups and generated missions. Deleting the group did not make them respawn.

Can you give me step by step what you are doing/have done (from the beginning)? Are you using other mods holding respawn functionalty? Are you aware that all mission generator options are now set on random? Is it not the reinforcements that spawn on you instead of the removed/killed group?

Thanks in advance.

Hi spirit

It turns out that any groups spawned in zones,or with mission wizard(with or without gaia) are respawning ONE time on the same place they die immedietly.Even when there behavior box says 0 respawns.Im not using any respawn mods or scripts.Closest thing i can think of relating to it is a damage multi plier from BCOMBAT.I will try set damage to default and see what happens but it seems unlikely to be related.

Im using a number of mods but none come to mind which should affect this,no revive script is active either during testing this.

So again,it seems like its somehow relating to mcc zones.Quite strange.

More testing rite now.Can confirm its actually happening after loading a mission configuration from the save/load page.Only those groups(who were NOT set to respawn) are respawning.

Chances are im doing something wrong in saving and loading a mcc mission.I cant figure out exactly what im supposed to do to save and load an mcc mission with units included and i cannot access the pdf manual for mcc because of computer format related issues(computer not in my language and cant change it)

could you explain how exactly it works as i want to save my mission cinfig to a note pad,then copy paste into mcc load for future use.the save to profile/clipboard is great but there is only 20 slots for saving.

Sorry if im hard to understand,but its all a little complicated,im just trying to use basic mcc functions and have not dug too deep into the engine or how it all works.All i know is its a bloody marvel :)

Edited by redarmy

I agree with the other guys - this is a real major problem. We use XMedSys and have used MCC since the Arma 2 days and now I am going to have to pull MCC as we cannot operate without our medical support. Please correct this!

Same here. There is a good way to avoid this: dont use 'user actions'. There is a limited number of those and a decent chance it will happen again in the future (assume you pick user action 7, and a new addon uses the same user action). Instead, use a two or three keys combination (like st_hud or TFAR)

So, random problem:

I'm trying to use the respawn template "MenuPosition", which allows players to select Zeus placed spawn points (It's an AAF campaign, and I find Zeus to be faster for setting objects as spawn points like vehicles at the moment which I why I prefer this method of spawn selection for players).

Things seemed to be going fine, and I was placing down some friendly AI to make the environment not as empty with the low pop I have on my server atm. Then independent AI began firing on independent players who spawned near them... wut? This made so sense, so I investigated more.

So, when I'm not using MCC at all, and a player spawns (Independent side in this case) on a Zeus created spawn point, I can run hint format ["%1", side player]; and get a return of GUER. This is normal, and when I run a similar check on the AI units I get GUER as well for their side.

When I have MCC enabled, and I perform the same spawn on a Zeus placed spawn point, without even opening MCC, my side shows up as "ENEMY" instead of GUER, and AIs start to fire on me -- I was able to go back into zeus and identify they're listed as GUER faction wise.

So I'm thinking something has to be going on with MCC that is changing the faction of the player somehow here.

Any ideas? I tried disabling the param for setting who independents are friendly to via the pre-mission parameters of the map itself -- so only MCC can be manipulating these values.

Hi spirit

It turns out that any groups spawned in zones,or with mission wizard(with or without gaia) are respawning ONE time on the same place they die immedietly.Even when there behavior box says 0 respawns.Im not using any respawn mods or scripts.Closest thing i can think of relating to it is a damage multi plier from BCOMBAT.I will try set damage to default and see what happens but it seems unlikely to be related.

Im using a number of mods but none come to mind which should affect this,no revive script is active either during testing this.

So again,it seems like its somehow relating to mcc zones.Quite strange.

More testing rite now.Can confirm its actually happening after loading a mission configuration from the save/load page.Only those groups(who were NOT set to respawn) are respawning.

Chances are im doing something wrong in saving and loading a mcc mission.I cant figure out exactly what im supposed to do to save and load an mcc mission with units included and i cannot access the pdf manual for mcc because of computer format related issues(computer not in my language and cant change it)

could you explain how exactly it works as i want to save my mission cinfig to a note pad,then copy paste into mcc load for future use.the save to profile/clipboard is great but there is only 20 slots for saving.

Sorry if im hard to understand,but its all a little complicated,im just trying to use basic mcc functions and have not dug too deep into the engine or how it all works.All i know is its a bloody marvel :)

I am still unclear on this. I have now spawned groups, created groups, generated a mission, saved and loaded a mission. For me they never spawn if not explicitly set. Please remove your mods and give me a step by step so i can help solve this.

Thanks!

Same here. There is a good way to avoid this: dont use 'user actions'. There is a limited number of those and a decent chance it will happen again in the future (assume you pick user action 7, and a new addon uses the same user action). Instead, use a two or three keys combination (like st_hud or TFAR)

This isn't quite true. If your going about a userconfig to configure this like XMedSys you can choose which "UserKey" Number is attached to the Addon. He should do every keybinding over a userconfig than we can organize them that they not collide which each other.

XMedSys keys can be choosen free. Look into the Userconfig and simple edit it from "UserKey1" to "UserKey5".

But its still bad practice for MCC to make keybindings hard coded and need to be fixed.

The Magrepack-addon does this pretty nicely.

It has a default keybinding but once you open it, you also get a menu where you can change the keybinding ingame and the setting is then saved in your profile. So no need to mess around with userconfig folders and cryptic keycodes.

I am still unclear on this. I have now spawned groups, created groups, generated a mission, saved and loaded a mission. For me they never spawn if not explicitly set. Please remove your mods and give me a step by step so i can help solve this.

Thanks!

Sorry for the lack of clarity.I am probably doing something wrong while copy and pasting the mission info and loading.(im not loading mission from clipboard)

Another issue i have ;) the parachute jump- my ai squad does not jump with me,they remain in chopper and chopper gets to a location about 3km away and hovers. Im thinking i have conflicting mods but if anyone else is having the same issue maybe spirit,you could look into it.

Thanks again

This isn't quite true. If your going about a userconfig to configure this like XMedSys you can choose which "UserKey" Number is attached to the Addon. He should do every keybinding over a userconfig than we can organize them that they not collide which each other.

XMedSys keys can be choosen free. Look into the Userconfig and simple edit it from "UserKey1" to "UserKey5".

But its still bad practice for MCC to make keybindings hard coded and need to be fixed.

Hardcoded or not the default key should not conflict with any other existing addon.

Hotfix.

Change log r5:

- Fixed: MCC key bindings moved to MCC mission's settings so it can be binded from in game to profile and not hard coded.

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Download Link - Template mission:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/436ndcbiepq820u/sample%20missions.rar

Hey, first, before I jump into criticism I'd like to drop a few compliments on you. I've been using MCC Sandbox since before I can remember (ArmA 2) and have loved it every single step of the way. For awhile, we only used the MCC Sandbox mod and just combined it with missions we had already made. It's always been faithful and I have always been impressed with the functionality and ease of use. Taking to the forums, I've noticed that you listen to criticism well and adapt your tool to the people's needs with time and for that, I thank you! The new key binding options is helping a lot with XMedSys. Now, with ArmA 3 though, I took to using the MCC Sandbox mission and editing it my own way so that way no one had to go and download the MCC mod in order for us to use a lot of the functions. I've noticed that unfortunately, you can't set the time for people using the MCC mod, as the time doesn't sync up like it does in the mission version. Unfortunately, we won't use the mission version anymore because it now forces a medical system that we do not like onto us. We used to use XMed with the mission version because it allowed us to disable the medical system.

I was wondering if you would consider making it an option to disable or enable the medical system that comes stock stock with the mission version? I've tried going in myself and editing it out of the init and deleting the script, but I can't find all of the lines that enable it, so the mission just doesn't load or crashes when I try to load it. I'm not saying to remove it completely, but it'd be cool to go in and switch the option off in the parameters like we used to.l

With that out of the way, thanks for a great mod and we'll continue to use it every time we play.

New update v0.4 rc5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@mcc_sandbox_a3.png

with the latest version i have the problem that i can not lower the camera, i can only rise the camera but cant go back down again (q = rise, y = lower).

also, if i place vehicles, they wont show up until i place another or quit the editor, any idea?

Hey, first, before I jump into criticism I'd like to drop a few compliments on you. I've been using MCC Sandbox since before I can remember (ArmA 2) and have loved it every single step of the way. For awhile, we only used the MCC Sandbox mod and just combined it with missions we had already made. It's always been faithful and I have always been impressed with the functionality and ease of use. Taking to the forums, I've noticed that you listen to criticism well and adapt your tool to the people's needs with time and for that, I thank you! The new key binding options is helping a lot with XMedSys. Now, with ArmA 3 though, I took to using the MCC Sandbox mission and editing it my own way so that way no one had to go and download the MCC mod in order for us to use a lot of the functions. I've noticed that unfortunately, you can't set the time for people using the MCC mod, as the time doesn't sync up like it does in the mission version. Unfortunately, we won't use the mission version anymore because it now forces a medical system that we do not like onto us. We used to use XMed with the mission version because it allowed us to disable the medical system.

I was wondering if you would consider making it an option to disable or enable the medical system that comes stock stock with the mission version? I've tried going in myself and editing it out of the init and deleting the script, but I can't find all of the lines that enable it, so the mission just doesn't load or crashes when I try to load it. I'm not saying to remove it completely, but it'd be cool to go in and switch the option off in the parameters like we used to.l

With that out of the way, thanks for a great mod and we'll continue to use it every time we play.

If you are logged into the server as an admin, you can set the time with the debug console and that will get around the lack of MCC on clients and the time sync issue.

Add this line to your description.ext:

enabledebugconsole = 1;

When on server, login as admin, press ESC, then in the big box type:

setDate [year, month, day, hour, minute];

so for today at 0700 hours, it would be...

setDate [2014, 5, 10, 7, 0];

Then press the GLOBAL EXEC button.