shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Always when i creating a cargobox with weapons and items the items that already are in the box disappear. This happens always after ~ 1 minute. Then i have to close MCC, Logout,Login and do the same thing again.

As previously mentioned by another, I am experiencing a terrain bug. As soon as I log into MCC, some of the distant terrain becomes transparent and objects appear to float in mid-air.

This occurs in local and dedicated server environment using the latest version of MCC.

Any ideas?

Yes MCC support HC all you have to do is when placing units/group from MCC select the location as HC and not Server.

Thanks for your response. can anyone be more specific with the steps to use MCC and HC please. am a noob here and starting to use my HC. thanks in advance.

So, I was directed to have my HC already connected to DS, then choose location as HC, as far as having a HC player... do I need to place anything in the init box of HC player, do I need to place anything in init.sqf?

Am I able to update the scripts within the mission folder like UPSMON to most recent version IF not already done?

Are there any scripts people know of that don't work in MCC?

I like to add field repair, fastropes and others for my mission template for altis and mcc mission generator for quick missions with a few players. Also, has anyone seen any conflicts with adding a VAS box to a mission template?

So, I was directed to have my HC already connected to DS, then choose location as HC, as far as having a HC player... do I need to place anything in the init box of HC player, do I need to place anything in init.sqf?

Am I able to update the scripts within the mission folder like UPSMON to most recent version IF not already done?

I like to add field repair, fastropes and others for my mission template for altis and mcc mission generator for quick missions with a few players. Also, has anyone seen any conflicts with adding a VAS box to a mission template?

Well this is not the HC thread so i gues you can do your reading here: http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/16nl5x/a_quick_n_dirty_guide_to_headless_clients_for. And I dont mean this offensive but UPSMON and HS question belong there and VAS questions i gues belong there.

There is not much to say about HC and MCC. You can spawn them with the gui to the HC and apart from that, there really is nothing to say :)

Ok so here it is...

In this first video, you can notice the following behavior:

by calling rounds through the MCC main interface

- HE Laser guided bombs do indeed work, they follow laser designator normally

- Delay option isn't working (?) : no matter what amount of delay I choose, there is no gap between rounds. All ten rounds are fired almost immediately.

by using MCC console "Steel rain"

- HE Laser bombs don't work anymore (laser designator is ignored)

- Even using NO DELAY AT ALL, rounds are appearing with a huge delay between each another.

Nope not BIS I've read in other thread something about laser targeting bombs but NVM.

Ok looks like I've forgot to put a delay for LGB. I will.

Regarding MCC console:

I'll fix the LGB for them. But the delay is ok. Not like the MCC console that is built for the mission maker who can call immediate artillery strike the handheld console is for players. So calling for artillery do take time (the long dialog between the observer and the artillery) and skill (coordinates, azimuth and range to target or you could just use technology as laser designator or DAGR). On top of that the observer should take into account the travers time (shells can travers more than 5 minutes in RL) in game time it can take up to a minute so making a successful artillery strike is a challenge. And we like to keep MCC's immersion.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026608797/screenshots/

So I took a few screenshots showing what is happening when I load a converted mission after I'm done editing in MCC. Everything on the shelves was lined up straight but somehow it all gets shifted and oddly enough some of the objects turn completely sideways. I just figured the info couldn't hurt.

and I guess my image is broken..... awesome

maybe this

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595910236594383810/852AF2B4AEE89A6A6A5C9A045BA761D6B128EAFC/ (221 kB)

Well it looks crowded there I'm not sure if this is MCC problem or you just put to many items on top of each other and the engine went bananas. Did you succeed doing that manually without MCC?

Always when i creating a cargobox with weapons and items the items that already are in the box disappear. This happens always after ~ 1 minute. Then i have to close MCC, Logout,Login and do the same thing again.

It fixed. I'll release it soon.

As previously mentioned by another, I am experiencing a terrain bug. As soon as I log into MCC, some of the distant terrain becomes transparent and objects appear to float in mid-air.

This occurs in local and dedicated server environment using the latest version of MCC.

Any ideas?

You don't need to do anything but choosing the spawn location as HC.

UPSMON is no longer in use in MCC so no need to update it.

You can make some trials and errors with scripts and post your findings but most of the scripts you are looking for already in MCC like the fast rope or VAS.

I don't think I'll ever quite understand how you guys work so fast!

190 pages of posts is a bit daunting to read through so I'll be a bad little n00b and skip to the end here with my question.

Background: We run MCC on our server and 90% of our players run it as well so that anyone can take control of the current missions and change things up a bit.

Problem/Issue: Is there a way to make it so that the zones don't appear to the players not actively logged into MCC? This is by far our only complaint for what is otherwise a beautiful tool that I can't thank you guys enough for.

Hi,

Here is the new version (the video is still uploading):

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Download Link - Template mission:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/436ndcbiepq820u/sample%20missions.rar

Change log:

Change log r4:

Engine:

- Added: Button: "Save MCC(SQM)" will save MCC/Zeus only missions' objects to SQM - will only save the new placed objects.

- Added: Reworked MCC save now will save all objects/units placesd with MCC or Zeus including waypoints, GAIA behavior, GAIA cashing status and disregard units that has been deleted. First step to persistence.

- Added: Save to SQM will save gaia behavior, cacheing and respawn.

- Added: Disable global MCC messages in missions settings.

- Update: 500m increment to viewdistance setting

- Update: improved check if zone exists before spawning AI units.

- Update: Added VAS again with some safty changes so it won't override missions already using VAS.

- Fixed: When someone else taking control over MCC and trying to access Zeus he gets a black screen.

- Fixed: Added delay for laser target bombs.

- Fixed: After loading a mission from MCC creating a new zone will start from 1 again.

- Fixed: After HALO jump backpack on pelvis was not removed.

- Fixed: Player were not assigned to Zeus in dedicated servers.

- Fixed: Save to SQM didn't saved WP type.

- Fixed: After respawning will not loose zues.

- Fixed: Error garrison group spawn for "AAF (GUE)" faction

- Fixed: Floating rocks issue.

- Fixed: Could not take control of same side UAV/UGV with MCC handheld console unless mission maker allowed it.

Zeus:

- Added: Save Zeus Objectives (persistence - will save the task status when pressed saved) .

- Added: Save Zeus modules: Animals, Chem Lights, Effects, Environment, Objectives, Respawn, Scenario Name, Smoke Shells.

GAIA:

- Added: Respawns. It can now be set on GAIA groups (caching friendly) the group will respawn for number of times after all it's group members has been killed. (group setVariable ["MCC_GAIA_RESPAWN", <nr of respawns>];)

Delete Brush:

- Fixed: Delete "markers" won't delete MCC Zone's markers.

- Update: Delete "all" won't delete markers.

Cargo (Box Gen)

- Update: Will not automatically clear all the cargo in the vehicle/Ammo box.

- Fixed: Scroll bars were buggy.

UI:

- Added: "Are you sure?" dialogs to mission's end buttons.

- Added: Open or close MCC with the Custom user "action key 2".

- Added: Open or close MCC handheld console with the Custom user "action key 3".

- Added: Towns names and map markers in 3D editor.

- Fixed: 3D icons size will be depending on the distance from the camera.

CAS:

- Added: new ModuleCAS_F to MCC's CAS - means 3 new CAS (the Zeus one).

Spectator:

- Added: 1st person spectator support (including 'auto combat focus')

- Added: set spectator focus to last selected group on MCC map (so after selecting icon, open spectator will focus on the group leader)

- Fixed: spectator log file error messages

Misc:

- Added: In Unit Managment realistic paradrop (runing up the ramp exc).

- Updated: 3D editor smooth place smoothen by half :) and fixed the 3D placment.

- Fixed: Mission version and template missions revive for JIP.

Hi Shay, i hope you're in good form buddy. I have a question when i try to use your MCC4 mod it never work for me. In modules list i have only 2 options which are Access Rights and Special forces. But on several youtube videos i noticed there should be 4 options in modules could you please help me. Thanks in Advance :)

So the changes made have helped a lot Shay. Almost everything I was having issues with, has been resolved. The only thing left is the shelf thing. The placement fix is working awesome but I'm still having the weird shifting once they are exported. I'm not bug reporting here and I don't expect you to burn a bunch of time on something as small as this but if it looks like an easy quick fix then cool, but if not don't worry about it I can just go back to building them oldschool; the height adjustment fix was good enough for me and I'm grateful you even bothered. So here are two images the laser pointers on the right shelf and objects on the ground in front of the left shelf were all done in 2D. The objects on the bottom of the left shelf were placed in MCC.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595910305709907026/8A37457316C0AC8D85A3091450AD36733053C7C9/ (547 kB)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595910305709948529/F5C857A65F443F345D32CAE37E26E4F00C4A3441/ (558 kB)

Great up-date Shay - thanks

New version release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (shay_gman) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Incredible stuff. Thank you!

Thx, will test this version with HC. Would be cool if someone could make a tutorial with triggers. As simple as mcc trigger function looks like, i dont get them to work. Like "if player walks in trigger area, all ai in Z1 should attack Z2 and if Z2 no enemy present they should attack Z3, if Z3 enemy free they should wait until player move in another trigger", each with a message to players and some reinforments and moving the spawnpoint for players to the Zone they cleared. some sort if this trigger stuff...

Edited by Numrollen

Hi

wonderful:yay:

i trying right now

cool

Thanks for the update shay,

I have made a mission with editor(2d) placed units/obects,then go in to preview,create a mission with the mcc generator.copy and paste the mission info to my mission sqm in douments,load the mission and crash with an error regarding what i just pasted about mcc zones.

Am i doing it correctly?Basically im simply trying to save the mission wizard info(units/objects)and combine it with my own mission,then hitting preview or scenario and having everything ready to go.

Apoligies i know its been asked before but i cant get my head around it

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

EDIT iv realised its easier than using mission sqm. but when i make a mission with mission wizard,and copy the pasted data to say a note pad,and abort,come back into mission and paste that last info in the clipboard,the units and objectives are not showing.just the zone markers.

The only thing left is the shelf thing. The placement fix is working awesome but I'm still having the weird shifting once they are exported.

Some speculation but please note there currently might be a bug with setPos related commands in MP:

The following was posted by Dwarden on Skype server admin group channel:

"anyone has repro mission for that bug with setposatl (or similar) in MP vs incorrect positional info? i know there is some issue with setDir (wip on fix)"

So if this is true, the result of the getPos command (used by MCC to determine the position in 3d editor) may be different to the setPos command (used when restoring by MCC).

To be confirmed....

New update v0.4 rc4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@mcc_sandbox_a3.png

You guys should do a dedicated 3D editor. That would get lots of likes.

Playing around with recent update id like to add that all the units placed by mcc are respawning even when not set to do so.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

edit-only seems to effect units placed by mission generator