shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Whoa man, you are awesome.

Running the sandbox mission as a listen server, everything runs great, can open up the console etc.

If I run a dedicated server with my addons, and then connect with Arma on the same PC, is when I run into an issue.

Maybe it is thinking I am the server and client at the same time? I get 2 options for MCC console. Is there a way to disable it completely for the server host so that only admins can access it?

It looks like you are runing the mod version ontop of the mission version. If you or the server are runing the mod version do not run the mission version.

Finally i understood how triggers works with mcc, however could you give me an example to make it work artillery with triggers?

My second question is directed to Spirit as IA responsible department. :cool:

Are you guys going to implement helicopter transport funcion in GAIA? You know unload troops in zones etc

As always, thank you

Creat a trigger, name it like "t1" choose "West" and "Present" click "Create". Now draw the trigger area on the map. Now the "Stop Capturing" button will become enabled. Now create artillery (spread, type, number, delay) Once you click on the map there will be no artillery but a message saying "Artillery Captured" now press "Stop Capturing" and you have your trigger. The first West units to get into the trigger zone will activate it.

Transport heli is something that Spirit is thinking on... he have much more suprises for but he will explian it better then me.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but object placement seems to be inaccurate when working on a dedicated server.

In fact it seems that the default behavior when spawning objects interferes here. That is, the spawned object gets moved around to avoid collision with other objects.

Since it doesn't happen in singleplayer, I assume that it occurs because the setPos command gets sent before the server actually spawns the object. Adding a "waitUntil" that checks if the objects is properly spawned should probably resolve the issue.

Anyway, this tends to fuck up saved DOCs, saved missions and also makes manual placement via 3deditor a pain.

I hope you can implement a fix for that soon. :)

Thanks i'll check it out.

hey first off i would like to say love the mod loved it in arma 2 but now it is amazing but i have had a few issiues like placing objects such as H-barriers it doesn't place them where the preview shows it to be placed. also don't know if this is an issue with MCC3 or AiA but categories such as 'warfare buildings' do not show up in the editor of MCC but do in the 2d editor.

sorry if it has been said before but i couldn't find a search bar for the thread

Thanks i'll check it out. :)

I'm using MCC to create very detailed FOBs and buildings and later use them in my mission. And there would be a ton of possible features to help me:

-optional rasterized placements

-more exact placements (and checking after placement where the item showed up and correct possible Arma-bugs)

-fixing placement offsets (seems to be a seperate issue, that sometimes you have to work with some offset in some direction of up to a few meters when placing objects)

-better preview of items (right now you can only scroll with arrow keyboard when dropdown is open)

-delete function needs fixing (never deletes what you point at but something else)

-selection tool to select something already placed (and marking it as selected)

-More detailed editing of selected item (init, exact coordinates, orientation...)

-copy / paste of markeb object/s

-option to run init of selected object (show picture for example)

-checkbox for free placement

-"preview never collide" checkbox

-possibility to load objects with items in the editor

I stop here for now ;). Thx for feedback!

(Sorry for typos, used handy).

Well tons of requests demands tons of time we'll see what can we do to get some of your requests in game.

It's close, and I'm really not trying to sound picky, but when placing objects/weapons on a desk of shelf there is still a noticeable space between the item placed and the surface of the item you’re placing it on. Also I found a few things that actually may be more my fault than an issue with your program. After arranging various objects and applying some of the pre-set scripts provided through MCC I export the data into an SQM. When I load that mission, for some reason a lot of the items get moved. Shelves will be shifted or will have vanished all together, and objects will be several feet from where I actually placed them but they will still be floating in the air at the SetPos I had given them. But all of those things are easily fixed with a few quick clicks. But the height adjustment thing is important to me because it is rather impossible to set multiple objects on multiple stacked layers of shelving in the 2D editor. Perhaps if there was a line I could modify to fine tune the adjustment that would be very cool. On a side note, I like that you have added Zeus support to MCC but imo your program makes Zeus look like a turd. BI really should be talking to you about how to do it right. Anyway, I appreciate your responding to my question.

I'll make it even more smooth for next update.

anyone? if so please tell me HOW TO....

Yes MCC support HC all you have to do is when placing units/group from MCC select the location as HC and not Server.

Yes MCC support HC all you have to do is when placing units/group from MCC select the location as HC and not Server.

Thanks for your response. can anyone be more specific with the steps to use MCC and HC please. am a noob here and starting to use my HC. thanks in advance.

Edited by JAndrews1

i would like one option to delete all units, sounds, markers and structures done for me and for autosidemission

BTW I've fixed the GAIA PDF Manual link on the front page. Go get it.

As a nasty single player cheater I wanted to use MCC in the very pupular Pilgrimage mission, but it breaks hitchhiking (i.e. its onMapClick does not work) - is there anything I can do?

When I tried to use the 3D Editor the other day in the Pilgrimage mission, and sometimes in other missions, it will lock up and never come back, it does it and just hangs, I select the editor and the screen goes to a picture of whatever mission it is on and it has the orange bars like it is loading, but it never does. I then have to ctrl-alt-delete it and end the task and it says about ARMA 3 crashing. Do you know what is happening... ? Thanks! Single Player mode, mod version is what I am using.

Hi, Im gonna try and do some bug reporting..

- after the 1.18 patch, the Smoke Signal insertion type for evac is broken. The script seems to work ok until you issue the GET IN order to your squad. At that point the script seems to end abrouptly and the chopper just use some bad AI code to regain height, find a spot to land etc.

- If I request a fire mission through the MCC console ordering HE laser guided bombs, no matter what settings I use, the bombs will ignore the laser designator I use and hit the same spot.

- in the artillery menu, the delay the DELAY dropdown menu is not working. There is no delay between the click on the map and the splash down.

I m doing couple of videos to show the problems I described, tell me if I shoul up them on my YT channel!

Cheers

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

Btw, can some of you guys shed some light on how to use the coordinate system in the artillery section of the MCC console? "Height" is player current height, or target height? Correction distance? Correction left/right?

Since 1.18 I don't seem to be able to place anything with MCC and then control it with Zeus.

As a nasty single player cheater I wanted to use MCC in the very pupular Pilgrimage mission, but it breaks hitchhiking (i.e. its onMapClick does not work) - is there anything I can do?
When I tried to use the 3D Editor the other day in the Pilgrimage mission, and sometimes in other missions, it will lock up and never come back, it does it and just hangs, I select the editor and the screen goes to a picture of whatever mission it is on and it has the orange bars like it is loading, but it never does. I then have to ctrl-alt-delete it and end the task and it says about ARMA 3 crashing. Do you know what is happening... ? Thanks! Single Player mode, mod version is what I am using.

For both of you, we don't support SP but I know in general that MCC is working on SP but this is not the main idea behaind MCC (we don't support cheating). If you want to play alone just open a local host mission.

Hi, Im gonna try and do some bug reporting..

- after the 1.18 patch, the Smoke Signal insertion type for evac is broken. The script seems to work ok until you issue the GET IN order to your squad. At that point the script seems to end abrouptly and the chopper just use some bad AI code to regain height, find a spot to land etc.

- If I request a fire mission through the MCC console ordering HE laser guided bombs, no matter what settings I use, the bombs will ignore the laser designator I use and hit the same spot.

- in the artillery menu, the delay the DELAY dropdown menu is not working. There is no delay between the click on the map and the splash down.

I m doing couple of videos to show the problems I described, tell me if I shoul up them on my YT channel!

Cheers

---------- Post added at 04:54 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

Btw, can some of you guys shed some light on how to use the coordinate system in the artillery section of the MCC console? "Height" is player current height, or target height? Correction distance? Correction left/right?

1. Smoke signal is working but the AI pilot don't know that he has landed so when you issue AI squad a GET IN order the AI try to land again. So my advice some signals are not suitable for AI just for players.

2. There is a problem with laser guided bombs on BIS side you should check the forum.

3. The delay is between each round and not until the first one will drop. If you choosed 10 rounds with 20 sec delay you'll have 200 seconds of artillery. So no bug here.

Here you can see about the artillery:

Height is the height of the target, adjusting will adjust about 50 meters left/right up/down.

Since 1.18 I don't seem to be able to place anything with MCC and then control it with Zeus.

Most likely you are using a custom Zeus. Don't put any Zeus module in the mission MCC will take care of that.

Thanks for your response.

I have one quick question about the mission generator and non-A3 maps:

Those maps don't have the mapSize attribute defined. The only way I found to use the mission generator is to create a big zone covering nearly all the map and use the generator on this zone.

An issue may arise based on what I read from the pdf "The closer a threat is to the center of the territory (zone), the higher the priority. ".

Does that mean that if the mission objectives are placed far from the center of the map/zone, GAIA is less likely to respond to threat there ?

I have one quick question about the mission generator and non-A3 maps:

Those maps don't have the mapSize attribute defined. The only way I found to use the mission generator is to create a big zone covering nearly all the map and use the generator on this zone.

An issue may arise based on what I read from the pdf "The closer a threat is to the center of the territory (zone), the higher the priority. ".

Does that mean that if the mission objectives are placed far from the center of the map/zone, GAIA is less likely to respond to threat there ?

No. The mission generator creates his own zones. The huge zone you create is used only for detecting possible mission locations. If you spawn groups of ai in that huge zone, then yes they would.

1. Smoke signal is working but the AI pilot don't know that he has landed so when you issue AI squad a GET IN order the AI try to land again. So my advice some signals are not suitable for AI just for players.

Oh I see. I am preatty sure was working fine on previous patches, was one of my favourite options :)

2. There is a problem with laser guided bombs on BIS side you should check the forum.

Ok. But I should mention that with a MCC console fire mission, HE Laser bombs doesn't work. They work if spawned from MCC main interface (if you click "CALL" instead of "ADD" and click on the map, bombs will follow laser designators)

3. The delay is between each round and not until the first one will drop. If you choosed 10 rounds with 20 sec delay you'll have 200 seconds of artillery. So no bug here.

I checked it and right now, at least with HE laser bombs, it doesn't work. Even after choosing a delay, all bombs are spawned one after the other resulting in some preatty heavy Steel Rain xD

Anyways I'm upping a vid right now to show you what I mean. Stay tuned.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks shay_gman, spirit6 and everyone who participate for devolopping this amazing tools and for sharing here :)

I just have one question: Is it possible to save missions in (sqm) with the waypoint of GAIA?

I tried to save the mission and i can save all the stuff except the waypoint. Please suggest!!

Thanks once again.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks shay_gman, spirit6 and everyone who participate for devolopping this amazing tools and for sharing here :)

I just have one question: Is it possible to save missions in (sqm) with the waypoint of GAIA?

I tried to save the mission and i can save all the stuff except the waypoint. Please suggest!!

Thanks once again.

Well that would be....... contradicting :) GAIA generates waypoints so to then save them would not be very usefull. I think you are better of using GAIA as it is, generating new waypoints in zones.

No. The mission generator creates his own zones. The huge zone you create is used only for detecting possible mission locations. If you spawn groups of ai in that huge zone, then yes they would.

Thx for the info !! :)

Ok so here it is...

In this first video, you can notice the following behavior:

by calling rounds through the MCC main interface

- HE Laser guided bombs do indeed work, they follow laser designator normally

- Delay option isn't working (?) : no matter what amount of delay I choose, there is no gap between rounds. All ten rounds are fired almost immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_rVIWRjLIE

On the other hand, in this second video you can notice

by using MCC console "Steel rain"

- HE Laser bombs don't work anymore (laser designator is ignored)

- Even using NO DELAY AT ALL, rounds are appearing with a huge delay between each another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVpLAbfymTU

Tested with only Task Force Radio and A3 Wounding System by Psycho as active mods. But I doubt they create conflict with MCC at least not in regards of Laser bombs (hehehe I hope ;) ). Maybe as Shay mentioned it's BIS's fault?

Edited by markrev

You should list what mods you use as well, perhaps someone knows of conflicts

You should list what mods you use as well, perhaps someone knows of conflicts

Yea you are right. But I tested it while having only Task Force Radio enabled. All other mods were deactivated!

screenshots

So I took a few screenshots showing what is happening when I load a converted mission after I'm done editing in MCC. Everything on the shelves was lined up straight but somehow it all gets shifted and oddly enough some of the objects turn completely sideways. I just figured the info couldn't hurt.

and I guess my image is broken..... awesome

maybe this

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/595910236594383810/852AF2B4AEE89A6A6A5C9A045BA761D6B128EAFC/ (221 kB)

Edited by Quicktricky59

We finished the AI respawn functionality for next release. This can lead to very interesting stuff. I had about 10 infantry blue for on one town with unlimited respawn. Then 10 infantry opfor in another town with unlimited respawn. Then move the two zones over one other locations. Unlimited battle where at one point the winning team started spawn killing as they approuch closer and closer to the spawn area. I bet as a mission maker you can have quite some fun with this.

Units respawn on the location they start at the beginning of the mission or where they are spawned. So it will be very easy to simualte waves of attacks. For each group you can set the respawn from 0 to 999 at any given time. Like always, this can be done to any ai on the map at any given time.

Another question related to the pdf:

I understood that GAIA is more prone to send regular infantry to town area and recon infantery "in the wild". Is GAIA aware that some mods (eg Aggressors) don't have recon inf and thus should assign both roles (ie the regular inf and reconf inf) to the available units ?

I noticed that too many units to my taste were "rushing" the nearby villages at spawn (tested on FATA).

Another question related to the pdf:

I understood that GAIA is more prone to send regular infantry to town area and recon infantery "in the wild". Is GAIA aware that some mods (eg Aggressors) don't have recon inf and thus should assign both roles (ie the regular inf and reconf inf) to the available units ?

I noticed that too many units to my taste were "rushing" the nearby villages at spawn (tested on FATA).

If recon units are not available then GAIA wont know about them being recon. I would not worry to much about infantry moving to town. They memorize where patrols are going and where patrols have recently been. So they will at all time move to other locations. Usualy players are not around for a few cycles.