shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

I would suggest some kind of load outs manager and role change in game.

That way as a mission maker can hard code on the fly the load outs for each role.

Don't know. Did it work differently in previous versions?

(Gaia has the option to assign groups to other zones. Not sure if this action can be captured though)

Cant get this to work also. I dont think trigger activation works. I set Nato present, move 3 groups to Zone 2, defensive mode. Nothing happens when i walk over the trigger als Nato soldier.

AI fortification works but enemy attacking ai dont find them. If defending ai gets in houses they will stay there forever and enemy ai will stand around the house and dont know what to do...

Hmm atm all this mission building stuff dont work like i want it to be or should be. Will make a pause until next version will come up. Im still happy that you guys working on this method! ;)

Edited by Numrollen

I've got a request. When I call a CAS JDAM strike, the jets each do a blast of flares on their way out of the area. When using the BlastCore mod, the flares cause the fire/smoke/particles of the explosion to cut out and start after the flares have died out. I think OpticalSnare said its because too many light sources or something... Anyway, I understand that deploying flares is what goes on in real life after a CAS strike but could they be disabled like they were in previous versions of MCC? Or maybe tell us how to disable them? Thanks for this mod--I haven't even tried Zeus yet cuz this mod rocks.

AI fortification works but enemy attacking ai dont find them. If defending ai gets in houses they will stay there forever and enemy ai will stand around the house and dont know what to do...

Have seen that too - if one group is sent in to Garrison an urban zone, and an OPFOR team is sent in with a S&D waypoint, the opfor team will announce "clear" after a while, even though there are still BLUFOR in the buildings. Perhaps that is just the Arma 3 AI and building usage that don't match

Sorry if this was already answered but i failed in finding the answer. Is Gaia integrated in the multyplayer mission that i can generate with MCC ? In other words, what i need in order to run GAIA is to launch arma with MCC4 only on server side. Is this right ?

Sorry if this was already answered but i failed in finding the answer. Is Gaia integrated in the multyplayer mission that i can generate with MCC ? In other words, what i need in order to run GAIA is to launch arma with MCC4 only on server side. Is this right ?

I think you ask two different questions here. Correct me if i am wrong.

Yes, GAIA is integrated in both the mission versions of MCC and the MOD. That is not specific for GAIA by the way. There is simple a choice to be made by by the users: use the mod OR the mission version. Dont use both!

If it is just GAIA you want then indeed, you can run the mod only on server side and use GAIA. GAIA runs servers side.

Im editing the sample mission for Takistan and i have a question. Does it matter what the name of the unit is, and what their group is ?. Ive deleted all the nato units apart from the 2 special forces and these are going to be my main squads. Ive copied and pasted them to form two 12 man squads and altered their descriptions but left their Init and Name. Since ive copied and pasted the unit names will be like UnitNO_SF2_MED_1_1_1, Does this matter?. Second question : Would i be able to alter the group name so that on MCC's unit tracker it appears as something other than Alpha 1-1 Ect.

Edit: For some odd reason if i alter the VAS config in the mission file, the mcc option for other players disappears.

Edited by soldierman

I tried the sandbox mission and the mcc console kept opening every few seconds, any ideas?

I noticed that vehicules and units spawn by the convoy button (NATO at least) are not seen by Zeus except for the squad leader of each vehicule.

I am trying to do some pre-build templates for various areas of my mission/maps. Mainly object loaded shelves and desks along with object populated buildings. The only real issue I am having is the elevation adjustment speed. I can never seem to get anything to look like it is sitting on a surface; especially shelf units. I tried using the key function to slow down the movement which someone told me was Alt+scroll but for me it seems to be “press shift once†and then scroll. I really dig the ease of use that MCC comes with as well as all of the rather intuitive features. Now if I could just merge MCC’s save functions and features with FreeDee’s precision, I would be one happy camper. I was hoping that I am just missing a key function that someone might know of so that I can get my project rolling again. Thanks in advance.

I think you ask two different questions here. Correct me if i am wrong.

Yes, GAIA is integrated in both the mission versions of MCC and the MOD. That is not specific for GAIA by the way. There is simple a choice to be made by by the users: use the mod OR the mission version. Dont use both!

If it is just GAIA you want then indeed, you can run the mod only on server side and use GAIA. GAIA runs servers side.

I'm trying to learn MCC and it seems very useful and powerful but I've some general questions before details.

1 -I can't understand the reason why there is a mod version and a mission version. What are the advantages to use one instead of the other?

By what I've understood, with the mission version you have just the mission you designed and with mod version you can create everytime a new mission or modify one you designed before. Anything else?

2 - What are the needs of the mission version to work exactly how I designed with MCC editor? Init parameters, description file, scripts folders, etc... (I'm speaking just for the tools provided with MCC, not other scripts like different revive system etc)

3 -You wrote that if someone is interested just in GAIA, he needs to install the mod version on the server, start the mission created before and GAIA will "drive" the AI instead of the standard AI? It does this without any kind of scripting or other actions?

4 - The MCC save/load system it seems it's loosing some aspect of the mission generated with the "mission generator" like the tasks and the briefing notes. Is it correct or am I wrong?

5 -I've understood that if I want to make a mission version of a mission generated with the "mission generator" I need to:

a -Use MCC mission generator

b - Go to Save/Load

c - Press Save SQM

d - Go to Explorer, go to the arma profiles etc and create a "MyMCCMission.Altis" folder

e - Copy the MCCTemplate.Altis content to "MyMCCMission.Altis"

f - Open the mission.sqm and paste what the MCC Save SQM button stored in the clipboard, save the sqm file

g - Create a .pbo file

h - Disable MCC mod

i - Use "MyMCCMission" as a multyplayer game

Is it a correct workflow? Should it works exactly how I've seen inside the MCC editor?

Thanks in advance for your reply and all the best for your MCC development.

I have run into a smaller issue with MCC the last time:

On my mission i use the A3 Wounding System (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170975-A3-Wounding-System) instead of BTC because of personal and community preference. During the last session, i was the MC and have been going to hijack some enemy AI to spice things a bit up for my fellow members. I got shot pretty soon and got back into my own player body (staying in base). But after a while, the Revive System kicked in and i has been respawned as the Hijacked AI unit at the respawn point, which only could be solved by going back to lobby and rejoining.

The second smaller issues, probably also linked to this other revive system, is that every respawned player did not get notified as "player" in the list. I couldn't simply select them anymore and so i couldn't let them get back into action via parachute for example. Is there something i could do to keep using A3 Wounding and use all the features of MCC?

We can't support all the different revive scripts out there. So it is up to the players to pick the revive script they like the most, that of course on the mod version because in the mission version by default there is Psycho A3 wounding script.

Now if you'll add hijacking and revive you might end up with some strange behaviors as you have experienced.

Great poll but I can get: "More tools for 3d mission design" pretty pretty please?

Can you explain what more you want/need? You might give us the next idea for MCC new feature.

Hehe i would like "Tools for complete mission building incl. player respawn and all as saving as a pbo ;)", "HeadlessClient saving to file (so these ai placed units spawn 1min after mission is started in 30sec interval)", "more tutorials, a few tutorials with a complete mission build"

Regarding saving to PBO exc… I've asked in the previous post that we are looking for some 3D party programmer to build something like that so far there are no taker.

MCC will not handle respawns it will only handle disable respawn (which will teleport the player to the edge of the map and start a spectator script) we do not intead to change that because MCC is more of a tool then a mission (expect for the mission version) and some players like this respawn and not the other and we are not going to force someone to use this or other respawn script.

We are trying to make MCC as generic as it is.

Regarding saving HC to file. MCC got its own save so if you saved a mission with MCC and loaded up with MCC HC will be on the HC machine. If you have chosen to export to SQM then you probably know what you are doing (scripts/mission design wise) and can choose what units to spawn on the HC.

Remember the base idea behind MCC is "mission making the easy way" so a player without any scripting knowledge can create a very complex missions in a few minutes with a few mouse clicks and save them, later on he can load them to any server running MCC without the need to upload files to server just by logging in and pressing load.

This is the idea behind MCC all the rest like save to SQM are extras.

After weeks of using MCC in single player with no problems I am suddenly getting a pop up box at the start of any scenario which tells me I have been assigned as an Engineer. If I click 'OK' sometimes the scenario will carry on loading but other times the game freezes completely and I have to shut the computer down. Is there a solution for this? I hope so I would hate to have to disable this great addon.

That is because you have selected engineer class and MCC explains how to use engineers in MCC (IEDs disarms exc) I didn't know there is an issue with that message on SP I'll check it out.

I would suggest some kind of load outs manager and role change in game.

That way as a mission maker can hard code on the fly the load outs for each role.

The role selection have a different goal in mind – persistent loadouts, squads and ranking system for clans/squads. Recruits in clans will start with less gear and less options to pick slots in a missions and will unlock more and more options as they progress (either manually by a clan member or automatically by MCC).

But I'm planning on adding a loadout manager for AI/players something like the Cargo system in 3D editor right now.

Cant get this to work also. I dont think trigger activation works. I set Nato present, move 3 groups to Zone 2, defensive mode. Nothing happens when i walk over the trigger als Nato soldier.

Hmm atm all this mission building stuff dont work like i want it to be or should be. Will make a pause until next version will come up. Im still happy that you guys working on this method! ;)

Triggers do not work for changing GAIA behaviors the do work for moving zones so if you want to create a reinforcement scene create a zone far away spawn some AI in there and create a trigger on the objective "west present" then move the zone on top of the objective. Once players will move to the objective the reinforcement zone will move to them and AI will also (since they are attached to the zone) will move. You can set triggers to almost every feature in MCC as: Artillery, CAS, convoys, moving zones, spawning exc. But not to GAIA behavior changes atm.

Regarding fortifications: if you'll put group in fortifications they might move out of the buildings when they are engaged but Garrison will not. So a mix of the two will give you AI that inside and outside of the buildings. AI by default will patrol inside buildings but we don't want them all to come out like headless chickens when they are under fire. We want them to stay inside the buildings dig up and wait for the players. It will be very boring if all the AI will pour out of the buildings when the first shots has been fired.

Regarding AI have been issued a S&D waypoint and declaring all clear, well this is life. If we wanted the AI to be perfect we'll just give them superpowers and you'll probably be posting here "the AI are too smart". Spirit in his wisdom made GAIA that way to give the AI a human behavior which means, they will make mistakes sometimes, they will call danger close artillery sometimes. This is how life and war is. I had the pleasure of watching AI groups moving to a diversion passing by me by a few feets (while hiding in a house) this is what we are trying to make realistic battlefield not perfect.

I've got a request. When I call a CAS JDAM strike, the jets each do a blast of flares on their way out of the area. When using the BlastCore mod, the flares cause the fire/smoke/particles of the explosion to cut out and start after the flares have died out. I think OpticalSnare said its because too many light sources or something... Anyway, I understand that deploying flares is what goes on in real life after a CAS strike but could they be disabled like they were in previous versions of MCC? Or maybe tell us how to disable them? Thanks for this mod--I haven't even tried Zeus yet cuz this mod rocks.

I think disabling it will be the less prefer options as MCC doesn't spawn light source it just ask the planes to drop flares. I think this should be handled on the Blastcore forum.

Im editing the sample mission for Takistan and i have a question. Does it matter what the name of the unit is, and what their group is ?. Ive deleted all the nato units apart from the 2 special forces and these are going to be my main squads. Ive copied and pasted them to form two 12 man squads and altered their descriptions but left their Init and Name. Since ive copied and pasted the unit names will be like UnitNO_SF2_MED_1_1_1, Does this matter?. Second question : Would i be able to alter the group name so that on MCC's unit tracker it appears as something other than Alpha 1-1 Ect.

Edit: For some odd reason if i alter the VAS config in the mission file, the mcc option for other players disappears.

I tried the sandbox mission and the mcc console kept opening every few seconds, any ideas?

No idea maybe a key bind or other mods installed?

I noticed that vehicules and units spawn by the convoy button (NATO at least) are not seen by Zeus except for the squad leader of each vehicule.

That is on purpose convoys and evac cannot be controlled with Zeus just MCC as they acts a bit different.

I am trying to do some pre-build templates for various areas of my mission/maps. Mainly object loaded shelves and desks along with object populated buildings. The only real issue I am having is the elevation adjustment speed. I can never seem to get anything to look like it is sitting on a surface; especially shelf units. I tried using the key function to slow down the movement which someone told me was Alt+scroll but for me it seems to be “press shift once†and then scroll. I really dig the ease of use that MCC comes with as well as all of the rather intuitive features. Now if I could just merge MCC’s save functions and features with FreeDee’s precision, I would be one happy camper. I was hoping that I am just missing a key function that someone might know of so that I can get my project rolling again. Thanks in advance.

There is a help menu to the left hand once you open the 3D if I remember right toggle precise placing on and off is done by pressing shift. Is it still not smooth enough?

I'm trying to learn MCC and it seems very useful and powerful but I've some general questions before details.

1 -I can't understand the reason why there is a mod version and a mission version. What are the advantages to use one instead of the other?

By what I've understood, with the mission version you have just the mission you designed and with mod version you can create everytime a new mission or modify one you designed before. Anything else?

2 - What are the needs of the mission version to work exactly how I designed with MCC editor? Init parameters, description file, scripts folders, etc... (I'm speaking just for the tools provided with MCC, not other scripts like different revive system etc)

3 -You wrote that if someone is interested just in GAIA, he needs to install the mod version on the server, start the mission created before and GAIA will "drive" the AI instead of the standard AI? It does this without any kind of scripting or other actions?

4 - The MCC save/load system it seems it's loosing some aspect of the mission generated with the "mission generator" like the tasks and the briefing notes. Is it correct or am I wrong?

5 -I've understood that if I want to make a mission version of a mission generated with the "mission generator" I need to:

a -Use MCC mission generator

b - Go to Save/Load

c - Press Save SQM

d - Go to Explorer, go to the arma profiles etc and create a "MyMCCMission.Altis" folder

e - Copy the MCCTemplate.Altis content to "MyMCCMission.Altis"

f - Open the mission.sqm and paste what the MCC Save SQM button stored in the clipboard, save the sqm file

g - Create a .pbo file

h - Disable MCC mod

i - Use "MyMCCMission" as a multyplayer game

Is it a correct workflow? Should it works exactly how I've seen inside the MCC editor?

Thanks in advance for your reply and all the best for your MCC development.

1. The mission version is for people who are afraid of MCC, that way you'll have MCC only in that specific mission and not in all the missions. The advantages of the mod over the missions are: You can access MCC and use it in any mission/scenario, you'll have the helmet cam module and scripts, you'll have the MCC handheld console (For players use) item instead of the UAV console.

2. I don't really understand what are you asking here. If you are running the mod you don't need the mission version.

3. GAIA is handling only groups that are given to her, she will not try to take control of idle units so it is safe to work with other AI mods. You should put :

group _this setVariable ['GAIA_ZONE_INTEND',[ zone_markername, Behavior, true];

on the leader of the group and create a zone for it zone_markerName should be replaced with the zone marker name. The behavior can be one of this: ("MOVE", "NOFOLLOW", "FORTIFY"]

"Move" - is aggressive (AI will pursuit enemies outside their zone),

"Nofollow" – is defensive (AI will stay in their zone),

"Fortify" – well they will fortify buildings.

4. Mission's generated by the mission wizard are not saved at the moment.

5. The easiest way is to create a new mission call it "mccSave" on the same island you are playing MCC. Put one unit and save it (not export to MP mission as it will create a PBO). Put what you want in MCC – press save to sqm. Open the previous mission's folder that you have saved open the mission.sqm file and paste the MCC output. Then open the mission in the game for editing, add some playable units exc and save to PBO.

The role selection have a different goal in mind – persistent loadouts, squads and ranking system for clans/squads. Recruits in clans will start with less gear and less options to pick slots in a missions and will unlock more and more options as they progress (either manually by a clan member or automatically by MCC).

But I'm planning on adding a loadout manager for AI/players something like the Cargo system in 3D editor right now.

Understood, I was talking more like loadout/role selector for player, like a pop menu that depending on what the MCC operator defines is what is available.

The role selection that you have right now seems more appropriate for public server and for me it has no use in private sessions when you "simulate" a situation an roles/weapons availability.

Whoa man, you are awesome.

Running the sandbox mission as a listen server, everything runs great, can open up the console etc.

If I run a dedicated server with my addons, and then connect with Arma on the same PC, is when I run into an issue.

Maybe it is thinking I am the server and client at the same time? I get 2 options for MCC console. Is there a way to disable it completely for the server host so that only admins can access it?

Triggers do not work for changing GAIA behaviors the do work for moving zones so if you want to create a reinforcement scene create a zone far away spawn some AI in there and create a trigger on the objective "west present" then move the zone on top of the objective. Once players will move to the objective the reinforcement zone will move to them and AI will also (since they are attached to the zone) will move. You can set triggers to almost every feature in MCC as: Artillery, CAS, convoys, moving zones, spawning exc. But not to GAIA behavior changes atm.

Finally i understood how triggers works with mcc, however could you give me an example to make it work artillery with triggers?

My second question is directed to Spirit as IA responsible department. :cool:

Are you guys going to implement helicopter transport funcion in GAIA? You know unload troops in zones etc

As always, thank you

Edited by Rapax

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but object placement seems to be inaccurate when working on a dedicated server.

In fact it seems that the default behavior when spawning objects interferes here. That is, the spawned object gets moved around to avoid collision with other objects.

Since it doesn't happen in singleplayer, I assume that it occurs because the setPos command gets sent before the server actually spawns the object. Adding a "waitUntil" that checks if the objects is properly spawned should probably resolve the issue.

Anyway, this tends to fuck up saved DOCs, saved missions and also makes manual placement via 3deditor a pain.

I hope you can implement a fix for that soon. :)

Finally i understood how triggers works with mcc, however could you give me an example to make it work artillery with triggers?

My second question is directed to Spirit as IA responsible department. :cool:

Are you guys going to implement helicopter transport funcion in GAIA? You know unload troops in zones etc

As always, thank you

There is not much to explain about triggers and any specific unit. What i mean is that you can ask me about infantry and triggers or artillery and triggers and the answer is the same. The trigger is triggered by something and it executes what you have recorded. The only thing that is not recorded is groups changing behavior and or zone. If you have artillery setup in GAIA then they will operate exectly like i explain in my second video. If you then move that zone by triggers, nothing on the behavior of artillery changes. If you want to know that behavior is, you best check the video.

There is already a reinforcement option in MCC using troops transport, but that is not the same as a full transportation system. Like seen on my video on vehicle transportation, the same thing will soon happen with helicopters. I have the functionality already from initial launch but I am not satisfied (yet) on helicopter pilot behavior. You know, stupidiy behavior when under fire, crashing agains objects, landing on weird positions. A lot of it can be controlled, set and (hard) coded but the beauty of it kinda gets lost in the process. After caching and respawn functionality i will go that way.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Whoa man, you are awesome.

Running the sandbox mission as a listen server, everything runs great, can open up the console etc.

If I run a dedicated server with my addons, and then connect with Arma on the same PC, is when I run into an issue.

Maybe it is thinking I am the server and client at the same time? I get 2 options for MCC console. Is there a way to disable it completely for the server host so that only admins can access it?

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. But no matter what you do, i think you are running both the mission version of mcc and the addon. Use either the addon (on both client and server) or only use the mission version of mcc. If you do that, then you will not get 2 MCC options.

Edited by spirit6

Perhaps the new DLC ('Not TKOH') will help to modify and improve helo behaviour. Really loving how GAIA works guys. Keep refining it and making it more powerful.

Soon, a complete battlefield system (like HETMAN) should be possible from within MCC !

hey first off i would like to say love the mod loved it in arma 2 but now it is amazing but i have had a few issiues like placing objects such as H-barriers it doesn't place them where the preview shows it to be placed. also don't know if this is an issue with MCC3 or AiA but categories such as 'warfare buildings' do not show up in the editor of MCC but do in the 2d editor.

sorry if it has been said before but i couldn't find a search bar for the thread

Can you explain what more you want/need? You might give us the next idea for MCC new feature.

I'm using MCC to create very detailed FOBs and buildings and later use them in my mission. And there would be a ton of possible features to help me:

-optional rasterized placements

-more exact placements (and checking after placement where the item showed up and correct possible Arma-bugs)

-fixing placement offsets (seems to be a seperate issue, that sometimes you have to work with some offset in some direction of up to a few meters when placing objects)

-better preview of items (right now you can only scroll with arrow keyboard when dropdown is open)

-delete function needs fixing (never deletes what you point at but something else)

-selection tool to select something already placed (and marking it as selected)

-More detailed editing of selected item (init, exact coordinates, orientation...)

-copy / paste of markeb object/s

-option to run init of selected object (show picture for example)

-checkbox for free placement

-"preview never collide" checkbox

-possibility to load objects with items in the editor

I stop here for now ;). Thx for feedback!

(Sorry for typos, used handy).

Edited by mech

There is a help menu to the left hand once you open the 3D if I remember right toggle precise placing on and off is done by pressing shift. Is it still not smooth enough?

It's close, and I'm really not trying to sound picky, but when placing objects/weapons on a desk of shelf there is still a noticeable space between the item placed and the surface of the item you’re placing it on. Also I found a few things that actually may be more my fault than an issue with your program. After arranging various objects and applying some of the pre-set scripts provided through MCC I export the data into an SQM. When I load that mission, for some reason a lot of the items get moved. Shelves will be shifted or will have vanished all together, and objects will be several feet from where I actually placed them but they will still be floating in the air at the SetPos I had given them. But all of those things are easily fixed with a few quick clicks. But the height adjustment thing is important to me because it is rather impossible to set multiple objects on multiple stacked layers of shelving in the 2D editor. Perhaps if there was a line I could modify to fine tune the adjustment that would be very cool. On a side note, I like that you have added Zeus support to MCC but imo your program makes Zeus look like a turd. BI really should be talking to you about how to do it right. Anyway, I appreciate your responding to my question.

Does this allow headless client ?

anyone? if so please tell me HOW TO....